Druid - Post 2/6/2018 Patch - Druid Players Give Feedback

Trevor Boyer.6524

> @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > Yeah I agree. Almost all of the changes suggested would completely destroy Druid.

> >

> > Druid is pretty much only good at contesting side nodes. It can't hold a cap due to the stealth from CA, it can't decap without longbow, and it can't support that well due to the lack of any form of support outside of AoE healing.

> >

> > Druid trolls side nodes. That's all it does. If the changes suggested were to make it into the game, Druid wouldn't even be a viable option to take in PvP anymore.

>

> It’s so incredibly stupid. This class is great at so little, people want it to be an easy 1v1 as well. I play LB Druid fairly frequently, and it’s hilarious how many idiot Scourges, for example, I see running up solo to contest the node I’ve just finished capping. Then they lose the 1v1 obviously and come here to QQ in this thread, I guess.

>

> Side note: while a full bunker Druid can go longer without needing to use CA, you bring up a good point that the class doesn’t even hold the node all that well due to stealth, at least if you can manage to pressure the Druid into using it. (And if you can’t, you shouldn’t be contesting anyway.)

>

>** Basically every complaint in this thread is L2P issues**.

100% this.

I've said it once, and I''ll say it again: When people complain about Druids (or **ANY bunker** for that matter) "trolling" a side node, you have to ask yourself who's going after them and how good they are at forcing them to disengage. Is the player's build/profession able to apply sufficient pressure on point? Are they gradually pressuring them into CA before unloading damage? If not, then they really shouldnt be taking the bait and go support the teamfight/pressure the enemy's home node. The problem is that people see a Druid on their home node and foam at the mouth at the idea of killing it (regardless of whether or not they're built to) while ignoring whatever else is going on in the map. Worse yet, Ive seen many cases where they can force one to leave the node and they still opt on chasing it down over securing the cap.

If Druid loses the one thing its good at, then I really hope it becomes great at team-fights with Glyphs being good, Search and Rescue being usable, ect., because right now, it would just be a crappier Tempest or Firebrand in that area (assuming it doesnt drop out of the meta entirely).

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > Yeah I agree. Almost all of the changes suggested would completely destroy Druid.

> > >

> > > Druid is pretty much only good at contesting side nodes. It can't hold a cap due to the stealth from CA, it can't decap without longbow, and it can't support that well due to the lack of any form of support outside of AoE healing.

> > >

> > > Druid trolls side nodes. That's all it does. If the changes suggested were to make it into the game, Druid wouldn't even be a viable option to take in PvP anymore.

> >

> > It’s so incredibly stupid. This class is great at so little, people want it to be an easy 1v1 as well. I play LB Druid fairly frequently, and it’s hilarious how many idiot Scourges, for example, I see running up solo to contest the node I’ve just finished capping. Then they lose the 1v1 obviously and come here to QQ in this thread, I guess.

> >

> > Side note: while a full bunker Druid can go longer without needing to use CA, you bring up a good point that the class doesn’t even hold the node all that well due to stealth, at least if you can manage to pressure the Druid into using it. (And if you can’t, you shouldn’t be contesting anyway.)

> >

> >** Basically every complaint in this thread is L2P issues**.

>

> 100% this.

> I've said it once, and I''ll say it again: When people complain about Druids (or **ANY bunker** for that matter) "trolling" a side node, you have to ask yourself who's going after them and how good they are at forcing them to disengage. Is the player's build/profession able to apply sufficient pressure on point? Are they gradually pressuring them into CA before unloading damage? If not, then they really shouldnt be taking the bait and go support the teamfight/pressure the enemy's home node. The problem is that people see a Druid on their home node and foam at the mouth at the idea of killing it (regardless of whether or not they're built to) while ignoring whatever else is going on in the map. Worse yet, Ive seen many cases where they can force one to leave the node and they still opt on chasing it down over securing the cap.

>

> If Druid loses the one thing its good at, then I really hope it becomes great at team-fights with Glyphs being good, Search and Rescue being usable, ect., because right now, it would just be a crappier Tempest or Firebrand in that area (assuming it doesnt drop out of the meta entirely).

If you're an ele or rev..there is no compensation for nerfs, if you're a war/mesmer or guard then compensations for nerfs are obligatory ..as ranger I'd say it's a 50/50 chance

I would suggest making this thread in the ranger forums. Apparently the "balance" team doesn't use this forum. They really should because then they might actually understand some of the problems their balancing is causing, but they don't, so for now, it would be best to post this in the ranger forums too so that they can see your suggestions. And then there's at least a slightly better chance of real, decent, changes to Druid to put them more in line with the rest.

> @"Euthymias.7984" said:

> > @"kin korn karn.9023" said:

> > > @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > > Yeah I agree. Almost all of the changes suggested would completely destroy Druid.

> > >

> > > Druid is pretty much only good at contesting side nodes. It can't hold a cap due to the stealth from CA, it can't decap without longbow, and it can't support that well due to the lack of any form of support outside of AoE healing.

> > >

> > > Druid trolls side nodes. That's all it does. If the changes suggested were to make it into the game, Druid wouldn't even be a viable option to take in PvP anymore.

> >

> > It’s so incredibly stupid. This class is great at so little, people want it to be an easy 1v1 as well. I play LB Druid fairly frequently, and it’s hilarious how many idiot Scourges, for example, I see running up solo to contest the node I’ve just finished capping. Then they lose the 1v1 obviously and come here to QQ in this thread, I guess.

> >

> > Side note: while a full bunker Druid can go longer without needing to use CA, you bring up a good point that the class doesn’t even hold the node all that well due to stealth, at least if you can manage to pressure the Druid into using it. (And if you can’t, you shouldn’t be contesting anyway.)

> >

> >** Basically every complaint in this thread is L2P issues**.

>

> 100% this.

> I've said it once, and I''ll say it again: When people complain about Druids (or **ANY bunker** for that matter) "trolling" a side node, you have to ask yourself who's going after them and how good they are at forcing them to disengage. Is the player's build/profession able to apply sufficient pressure on point? Are they gradually pressuring them into CA before unloading damage? If not, then they really shouldnt be taking the bait and go support the teamfight/pressure the enemy's home node. The problem is that people see a Druid on their home node and foam at the mouth at the idea of killing it (regardless of whether or not they're built to) while ignoring whatever else is going on in the map. Worse yet, Ive seen many cases where they can force one to leave the node and they still opt on chasing it down over securing the cap.

>

> If Druid loses the one thing its good at, then I really hope it becomes great at team-fights with Glyphs being good, Search and Rescue being usable, ect., because right now, it would just be a crappier Tempest or Firebrand in that area (assuming it doesnt drop out of the meta entirely).

I dont think that anybody minds bunker builds trolling around points, if I charge to a capped point with a player on it while playing FB, i am just wasting my time, i have zero offencive to force someone out of it, the same can be said about Tempest...Ventari Rev used be broken cause he could knockback spam and force a decap and cap the point(he got nerfed really fast too)...Druid is basically the same, while he cant force you out the point with CC, he can and will slowly kill you, since pets dont scale with your own stats, Druid can be built with more survival and still will do moderate damage thanks to pets...even if you find yourself in danger all you have to do is hit CA and recover giving zero counterplay to the other player...chances are that you will force a 1v2, simple cause the player wont be able defend the point by himself...

I dont oppose the idea of buffing Glyphs and CA skills, but this version that we have of druid right now is really powerfull and I dont know why Anet havent done some major nerfs to it yet.

> @"Kuya.6495" said:

> Cutting stealth and superspeed to 2s, CA cd to 5 seconds after entering like holomode and signet of stone cd down to 30 sec and 2 or 3 sec duration all sound like excellent suggestions.

>

> It's actually refreshing to see level headed suggestions here.

They nerfed the healing of the skills in CA mode because druid could leave at any time, they would have to retract the nerfs if forced to take dmg for 5s; on the other side an engineer in holomode is on the offensive, you can't compare one to the other and expect same treatment

> To me, you guys got so used to have this broken CA, that you cant even picture yourself playing without it, simple cause is so strong that taking any other trait choice is basically handicapping yourself hardcore.

This has to be the second dumbest thing I've seen on these threads yet.

I am honestly shocked.

Not used to a class mechanic...that the druids were given? BLASPHEMY! Clearly, no one should be used to their class mechanic!

I believe that a simple moving of traits in the Druid trait line would be enough.

- move Druidic Clarity to Grandmaster tier

- move Celestial Shadow to Grandmaster tier

- move Lingering Light to Adept tier where Druidic Clarity was

- Move Ancient Seeds to Master tier where Celestial Shadow was

What this would do:

- it would separate extreme condition cleanse, disengage and might stacking from a single build

Currently you can burst cleanse all conditions on a 15 second CD while resetting fights with Shadow and buffing your pet with 25 might stacks via GOTL. If the three traits are in conflict with each other then you have to pick which role to specialize in. Either be ultra resilient with Clarity, maneuverable with Shadow or damage oriented with GOTL.

Druid is supposed to be about sustain and heals though, and nerfing Core ranger traits is not an option imho as it affects Core and Soulbeast.

My 2c

> @"Lilyanna.9361" said:

> > To me, you guys got so used to have this broken CA, that you cant even picture yourself playing without it, simple cause is so strong that taking any other trait choice is basically handicapping yourself hardcore.

>

> This has to be the second dumbest thing I've seen on these threads yet.

>

> I am honestly shocked.

>

> Not used to a class mechanic...that the druids were given? BLASPHEMY! Clearly, no one should be used to their class mechanic!

>

lol what was the first one?

Anyway, if you payed attention, you would know that i am talking about fully traited CA, that offers stun break, full condi cleanse, AoE Stealth and Superspeed, on a 15 sec cooldown.