Druid - Post 2/6/2018 Patch - Druid Players Give Feedback

Trevor Boyer.6524

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really mind the damage of pets and how druid is durable, what annoys me is the fact that he with a single press of button he get full condi cleanse, AoE Stealth and Hyperspeed...its way to much, its impossible to kill one no matter how bad the player is in a 1v1 situation, even 1v2 he can troll 24/7 around point and theres literally nothing you can do.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> I dont really mind the damage of pets and how druid is durable, what annoys me is the fact that he with a single press of button he get full condi cleanse, AoE Stealth and Hyperspeed...its way to much, its impossible to kill one no matter how bad the player is in a 1v1 situation, even 1v2 he can troll 24/7 around point and theres literally nothing you can do.

That's not how it works.

With one button push, after I (druid) has built up enough caf, can enter into druid form and remove 13 condis. Need I remind you, that at that point, condis can be applied at will and good players can reapply condis. Are you a good player? Then why are you playing condi :P aw, I jest

With another button push, I get stealth(if traited) and super speed (cya chump!) And yes, if it seems valuable, I will tie up the time of one or more players.

A couple things, I can't heal anyone but myself while I'm at another point(we must be talking about far)

While OFF the point, I cant take the point.

It's strategy.

All classes have something they use as strategy that is annoying.

Possible suggestions on **Druidic Clarity** and **Celestial Shadow**:

**Druidic Clarity** - remove 13 conditions (practically _total cleanse_) → remove _damaging conditions_ only

thought - While the trait still remains very strong against condition burst damage, it will not simply counter the power burst setup using snare conditions such as immobilize and chill.

**Celestial Shadow** - superspeed and stealth (both 3 s) to nearby allies → stealth (3 s) and remove all conditions that impede movement

thought - Superspeed is strong because it trivializes soft CCs (cripple, chill) _and_ increases movement speed to hard cap in combat (which is just the maximum of out-of-combat speed). This change will retain the trait's function against soft CCs in some degree but not allow easy kiting with crazy speed anymore.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> * Celestial Shadow - Reduce its stealth and super speed from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. This is a significant reduction in the Druid's disengage and ability to reset a fight through healing while stealthed. The less stealth it has, the less time it has to heal and reset before once again being targeted.

>

This is a bad idea. The ability to disengage is what makes druid viable. This will break it further and push people into playing even more tanky. At least this allows for some build variety. The duration of stealth that druid has access to is no way near what a Daredevil is capable of. People whinge about this unnecessarily.

The age old problem of ranger pets being unaffected by ranger stats/gear, so their only build being some tanky crap that let's their Pokemon whittle you down. Make the pets scale with the rangers stats, which helps with crap like current druid as well as dps builds too (so they can do more damage but be squishier).

Also, the druid either needs it's ability to heal up nerfed, it's mobility gutted, or it's ability to do damage taken away. It's literally DD cele ele pre- RtL nerf, but even better...it can troll for days, then CA, stealth, superspeed, RtL away, heal up, and hop back in the fight.

It's team support is also excellent, with strong healing and res capability, and even has decent ranged pressure. If people actually cared for tourneys...I guarantee you'd see 5 druid teams, and they might even win.

> @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > only nerf to druid i think they should do is make signet of stone the same as endure pain for warrior in PvP, make it 2 sec and 30 sec cd or whatever it is then im happy

> >

> > I agree this is probably the best change, but I’d also cut the stealth to 2s, keeping super speed at 3.

> >

> Would be great change for druid, yeah, but then most core ranger and soulbeast players will rightfully complain about the change. Maybe they'd better address druid healing scale numbers by making small tweaks (which never actually happen, but still)

That's a bad comparison, core warrior and berserker have the same thing with endure pain I don't see why Ranger would be treated differently

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"Miles Smiles.8951" said:

> > > @"BeLZedaR.4790" said:

> > > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > only nerf to druid i think they should do is make signet of stone the same as endure pain for warrior in PvP, make it 2 sec and 30 sec cd or whatever it is then im happy

> > >

> > > I agree this is probably the best change, but I’d also cut the stealth to 2s, keeping super speed at 3.

> > >

> > Would be great change for druid, yeah, but then most core ranger and soulbeast players will rightfully complain about the change. Maybe they'd better address druid healing scale numbers by making small tweaks (which never actually happen, but still)

>

> That's a bad comparison, core warrior and berserker have the same thing with endure pain I don't see why Ranger would be treated differently

I would make this change, Signet of stone on 30 seconds cooldown, 2 seconds invul, but also make it a stunbreak break just like endure pain.

I play druid but also core ranger in ranked and i wouldnt mind this change for all the builds i use. 6 seconds is way to long.

If this doesnt change, make it atleast prevent capture point contesting so ranger not only gets punished for stealthing but also for getting his signet forced.

What if the timer to turn OFF Celestial Avatar was increased to like 2s or 3s? This would give opening time to burst the Druid before he poofs and resets. The way it functions now, he just goes into CA, stunbreaks and then instantly turns it off and disappears, giving little to no time at all for an opponent to react to the reset.

> What if the timer to turn OFF Celestial Avatar was increased to like 2s or 3s? This would give opening time to burst the Druid before he poofs and resets. The way it functions now, he just goes into CA, stunbreaks and then instantly turns it off and disappears, giving little to no time at all for an opponent to react to the reset.

This is actually a pretty good suggestion. But 2/3s is too short. It should be 5s just like Holo mode. With 2/3s, druid will just skill 3 and exit. Nothing changes.

You make some good points. Though signet of stone is way too strong in all ranger builds. It really should receive the Endure Pain treatment. Half CD / half duration.

Additionally, I don't think leaving celestial form form should grant stealth, this is a huge source of free pressure that has very little counterplay.

Ranger has access to stealth throw the other means already, and while those are also annoying to deal with, they're not nearly as busted.

I'd like the idea of replacing the stealth/superspeed and instead cast glypth of the tides which damages and pushes back 5 targets. This gives it a nice defense but also offensive option. Also you could give the trait the option that "if astral energy runs out you gain 4 seconds of stability"

> @"Arheundel.6451" Yup, some of the suggestions seem to be from players who don't understand Druid play.

>

> Druid needs:

> * Stun break and condi removal from DC

> * Stealth & super speed from CS

>

> The above needs -slight- nerfs but if they were tinkered with too much, Druid would lose all viability.

>

Actually doesn't the reliance on these two traits show how busted is the ranger class when it comes to self-sustain?

I see druid used virtually everywhere and not even in wvw soulbeast fare that well, the meta status of druid clearly show how the game has evolved and unfortunately the sustain of some classes hasn't ; soulbeast needs massive sustain buffs.

I used to enjoy soulbeast, but people with time got accustomed to it, everybody now knows that the spec only has bigger burst over druid so they will all play the "long" game, knowing that soulbeast merely has core ranger sustain

**I assume the nerfs you propose are for PvP only**, therefore I can get on board with your line of thought, I have no problems, those nerfs are quite fair **as long as they're limited to PvP**.

It's true that druid reset a lot.... but so does every other meta and with the same easy to apply process:

-warrior has 2x endure pain, passive heal burst, heal on burst, pulsing stab, perma resistance, blocks, leaps etc etc etc

-engi has 2x elixir s , perma protection, perma stab, regen, vigor, stealth, loads of CC and a heal skill ( healing turret ) to reset fights several times

-mesmer and thief...we know how much goes for them

-guardian..can't be bothered to list all reset abilities..too many to count

Basically **meta= massive sustain powercreep + dmg**, really if we nerf druid...then we should nerf all the rest also

I know I'm in the minority when I say this... But Druid does not need a nerf on the level that is being suggested.

There are already counters to Druid - Just because your class cannot be a one-size-fits-all and solo every other build in the game does not justify or warrant a nerf towards the class that you cannot. This is not a 1v1 based game and never will be.

Most of the complaints seem to be coming from a fundamental misunderstanding of the conquest game mode itself. To often do I see the two of the WRONG classes to counter a Druid rotate into his/her node. Perhaps learning the role of the class you play is the solution to these issues.

With that being said, Signet of Stone could be toned down.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" Yup, some of the suggestions seem to be from players who don't understand Druid play.

> >

> > Druid needs:

> > * Stun break and condi removal from DC

> > * Stealth & super speed from CS

> >

> > The above needs -slight- nerfs but if they were tinkered with too much, Druid would lose all viability.

> >

>

> Actually doesn't the reliance on these two traits show how busted is the ranger class when it comes to self-sustain?

> I see druid used virtually everywhere and not even in wvw soulbeast fare that well, the meta status of druid clearly show how the game has evolved and unfortunately the sustain of some classes hasn't ; soulbeast needs massive sustain buffs.

>

> I used to enjoy soulbeast, but people with time got accustomed to it, everybody now knows that the spec only has bigger burst over druid so they will all play the "long" game, knowing that soulbeast merely has core ranger sustain

>

> **I assume the nerfs you propose are for PvP only**, therefore I can get on board with your line of thought, I have no problems, those nerfs are quite fair **as long as they're limited to PvP**.

>

> It's true that druid reset a lot.... but so does every other meta and with the same easy to apply process:

>

> -warrior has 2x endure pain, passive heal burst, heal on burst, pulsing stab, perma resistance, blocks, leaps etc etc etc

> -engi has 2x elixir s , perma protection, perma stab, regen, vigor, stealth, loads of CC and a heal skill ( healing turret ) to reset fights several times

> -mesmer and thief...we know how much goes for them

> -guardian..can't be bothered to list all reset abilities..too many to count

>

> Basically **meta= massive sustain powercreep + dmg**, really if we nerf druid...then we should nerf all the rest also

allright, been playing guard since a long time ago, i probably played the wrong builds or something...where are all the reset abilities that guard have? So much that you cant even count!! Damn, please make a list to me of all these skills, having trouble on WvW with all the Holosmiths, Warriors, Thiefs, Druids, etc with that hit and run kind of gameplay, having these "reset abilities" for sure will help a little bit...

But for Druid, as I said before, and I believe most people would agree with me, what makes Druid completely broken is Celestial Avatar full condi cleanse, stealth and hyperspeed, to much for a single skill with such short cooldown...as long Druid have this, nothing will change.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" Yup, some of the suggestions seem to be from players who don't understand Druid play.

> > >

> > > Druid needs:

> > > * Stun break and condi removal from DC

> > > * Stealth & super speed from CS

> > >

> > > The above needs -slight- nerfs but if they were tinkered with too much, Druid would lose all viability.

> > >

> >

> > Actually doesn't the reliance on these two traits show how busted is the ranger class when it comes to self-sustain?

> > I see druid used virtually everywhere and not even in wvw soulbeast fare that well, the meta status of druid clearly show how the game has evolved and unfortunately the sustain of some classes hasn't ; soulbeast needs massive sustain buffs.

> >

> > I used to enjoy soulbeast, but people with time got accustomed to it, everybody now knows that the spec only has bigger burst over druid so they will all play the "long" game, knowing that soulbeast merely has core ranger sustain

> >

> > **I assume the nerfs you propose are for PvP only**, therefore I can get on board with your line of thought, I have no problems, those nerfs are quite fair **as long as they're limited to PvP**.

> >

> > It's true that druid reset a lot.... but so does every other meta and with the same easy to apply process:

> >

> > -warrior has 2x endure pain, passive heal burst, heal on burst, pulsing stab, perma resistance, blocks, leaps etc etc etc

> > -engi has 2x elixir s , perma protection, perma stab, regen, vigor, stealth, loads of CC and a heal skill ( healing turret ) to reset fights several times

> > -mesmer and thief...we know how much goes for them

> > -guardian..can't be bothered to list all reset abilities..too many to count

> >

> > Basically **meta= massive sustain powercreep + dmg**, really if we nerf druid...then we should nerf all the rest also

>

> allright, been playing guard since a long time ago, i probably played the wrong builds or something...where are all the reset abilities that guard have? So much that you cant even count!! kitten, please make a list to me of all these skills, having trouble on WvW with all the Holosmiths, Warriors, Thiefs, Druids, etc with that hit and run kind of gameplay, having these "reset abilities" for sure will help a little bit...

>

> But for Druid, as I said before, and I believe most people would agree with me, what makes Druid completely broken is Celestial Avatar full condi cleanse, stealth and hyperspeed, to much for a single skill with such short cooldown...as long Druid have this, nothing will change.

The fact that you think, or at least perceive it as a cooldown instead of as a resource mechanic that has to built and managed is such a good illustration of what the actual issue with the meta build setup is.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > > @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > @"Arheundel.6451" Yup, some of the suggestions seem to be from players who don't understand Druid play.

> > > >

> > > > Druid needs:

> > > > * Stun break and condi removal from DC

> > > > * Stealth & super speed from CS

> > > >

> > > > The above needs -slight- nerfs but if they were tinkered with too much, Druid would lose all viability.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Actually doesn't the reliance on these two traits show how busted is the ranger class when it comes to self-sustain?

> > > I see druid used virtually everywhere and not even in wvw soulbeast fare that well, the meta status of druid clearly show how the game has evolved and unfortunately the sustain of some classes hasn't ; soulbeast needs massive sustain buffs.

> > >

> > > I used to enjoy soulbeast, but people with time got accustomed to it, everybody now knows that the spec only has bigger burst over druid so they will all play the "long" game, knowing that soulbeast merely has core ranger sustain

> > >

> > > **I assume the nerfs you propose are for PvP only**, therefore I can get on board with your line of thought, I have no problems, those nerfs are quite fair **as long as they're limited to PvP**.

> > >

> > > It's true that druid reset a lot.... but so does every other meta and with the same easy to apply process:

> > >

> > > -warrior has 2x endure pain, passive heal burst, heal on burst, pulsing stab, perma resistance, blocks, leaps etc etc etc

> > > -engi has 2x elixir s , perma protection, perma stab, regen, vigor, stealth, loads of CC and a heal skill ( healing turret ) to reset fights several times

> > > -mesmer and thief...we know how much goes for them

> > > -guardian..can't be bothered to list all reset abilities..too many to count

> > >

> > > Basically **meta= massive sustain powercreep + dmg**, really if we nerf druid...then we should nerf all the rest also

> >

> > allright, been playing guard since a long time ago, i probably played the wrong builds or something...where are all the reset abilities that guard have? So much that you cant even count!! kitten, please make a list to me of all these skills, having trouble on WvW with all the Holosmiths, Warriors, Thiefs, Druids, etc with that hit and run kind of gameplay, having these "reset abilities" for sure will help a little bit...

> >

> > But for Druid, as I said before, and I believe most people would agree with me, what makes Druid completely broken is Celestial Avatar full condi cleanse, stealth and hyperspeed, to much for a single skill with such short cooldown...as long Druid have this, nothing will change.

>

> The fact that you think, or at least perceive it as a cooldown instead of as a resource mechanic that has to built and managed is such a good illustration of what the actual issue with the meta build setup is.

I said the cooldown cause never see a single druid(myself included) having trouble managing Astral Force, after all, you get in CA, use one or two skills just to heal up a little up, and then get out of CA, when its off cooldown you allready have enough Astral Force to use Celestial Avatar again.