Current Most 'OP' class that needs balancing?

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"SuperduperMLGbsns.9345" said:

> > Warrior. Most things at this class are okay but the duration of resistance combined with blocks is absurd. If you have to wait over 20 secs just to start some dmg then there is something wrong.

>

> What patch are you living in? After the Berserker Stance nerf warriors can't hold even 10 seconds of Resistance anymore.

>

> My vote was a coin toss between mesmer and druid. Mesmer won, their current burst is borderline ridiculous.

I live in a place where wars precast their signet to proc 6s resistance alone without considering any extension in boon duration. Thats usally used at silver league and higher.

lol at least 79 people can't dodge core mes burst combo that has existed since release.

How do you feel the same about fresh air and d/p thief? Because it's all on par. Only difference now is mes doesn't get deleted by thief and guard with survivability on par with the rest of the game. Learn 2 Dodge.

Also 'OP' should be in context to conquest over all, not your 1v1 match-ups.

I'm loving my power chronomancer right now but it honestly feels like a hack it's so OP. in PvP and PvE. removing an entire' team's boons every 20 seconds with disenchanter, portal, double phantasm bursts, continuum split gravity well and even lame skills like arcane thievery feel stronger than most other profession's utility skills

I think the classes aren't as unbalanced as most players claim it to be, but if I really need to choose which one is OP then it's either one of these two: Mesmer and Ranger. They are either very balanced or simply overtuned, but from my standards I think what I'd call a balance class would be Warrior and maybe Elementalist.

Anyway, I just don't have enough understanding yet on how Anet design their Professions and how they were supposed to interact with the game's overall design. But for sure, they too don't fully understand their own design to begin with, that's why you have all these loops and constant rebalancing. So for now, I am only deciding which one is the current OP class based on their overall impact for all game modes, and that goes easily to Mesmers. They have a strong/impactful niche for each game mode while the effort to play and learn the class isn't exactly proportional to its reward, but that's if we compare it to Engineer and Thieves as these two are almost just as hard to play optimally (could be harder honestly) yet doesn't get the same reward. Again, I don't know what is "balanced" for Anet, it could be that Mesmer is actually balanced and every other class just needs an improvement/change, or Mesmer simply is getting too much love and attention from the designers.

More accurate would be:-

**Current Most 'OP' hack that needs balancing?

I think Anet shoot themselves in the foot by allowing so much obvious imbalance for so so so long that many toons just went HACK HACK HACK in revenge.

Currently I'm seeing a hacker every 2 to 3 Ranked PvP games.

> @"Razor.6392" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"MikeL.8260" said:

> > > Where is the 'none' option?

> >

> > This.

> >

> > I don't think any one class is significantly OP right now.

>

> Said by the guy with the mirage icon.

>

> This forum is comedy gold I swear lmfao.

Been waiting to get a quip back I see? ;)

Keyword = significantly. Mirage is strong, not significantly OP as it is made out to be by the usual anti-mesmer whinging club.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

Honestly there have been enough nerfs to the thief. Currently it`s unplayable... I`m sorry to say but if you die to a thief and you are playing anything BUT a thief you either have a lot room to improve your gameplay or you encountered someone much better than you.

> @"emblack.3754" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

>

> Honestly there have been enough nerfs to the thief. Currently it`s unplayable... I`m sorry to say but if you die to a thief and you are playing anything BUT a thief you either have a lot room to improve your gameplay or you encountered someone much better than you.

Lul

> @"emblack.3754" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > Thief the eternally meta class, the only class in the game that cannot be killed except by itself.

>

> Honestly there have been enough nerfs to the thief. Currently it`s unplayable... I`m sorry to say but if you die to a thief and you are playing anything BUT a thief you either have a lot room to improve your gameplay or you encountered someone much better than you.

s/d thief is very strong. it can kill scourges, revs, firebrands, mesmers very well. it can also take up on warriors 1v1 so yeah thief can kinda deal with at least half of the classes 1v1.

oh wait.. thief is not a 1v1 class its a roaming / ganker / +1 class.. surprising how thief can deal with so many classes 1v1 nevertheless right

d/p thief is not at its peak i agree, but s/d thief is an alternate build and very viable. i mean hey spamable skills that are unblockable while doding followed by another unblockable skill that hits for 5-7k. and as many evades as daredevil in 2016 lol

tl;dr thief is not op. thief yet is in a good spot with sd.

> @"Toron.4856" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

> >

> > Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

>

> sry but thats actually wrong. u do not get adrenal health if full counter doesnt hit.

Funny you would say something like that because I've tested it multiple times and it's worked every time for every person who has tried it... Conclusion? You get it for proccing not for hitting just like longbow burst.

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > > I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

> > >

> > > Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

> >

> > sry but thats actually wrong. u do not get adrenal health if full counter doesnt hit.

>

> Funny you would say something like that because I've tested it multiple times and it's worked every time for every person who has tried it... Conclusion? You get it for proccing not for hitting just like longbow burst.

toron is right tho. it doesnt proc if u dont get hit. i just tested it myself lol

Druid is OP b/c it can win basically every single 1v1 and troll 2v1's almost endlessly, with mobility to do more than just rot on a point. This is the same thing as old cele d/d ele, it whittles you down while not really being at risk itself, while have pretty good team support with healing, boons, and resses.

Burst Mirage is the an EXTREMELY close 2nd, b/c it can 1-shot squishies while invuln (so no counterplay), has instant stun, dodges don't make you let up your pressure, it can stealth and force target drops, which is a terrible mechanic (PvUI), it has SO MANY invulns (distortion, dodges, mirage mirrors, blurred frenzy, etc.), and doesn't really have any major weaknesses that enemies can play around. Finally, when you do down one, thier downed state DPS is almost more dangerous than their living dps.

None of these things would be a HUGE problem, but in only a week of play they are readily apparent. However, since ANet is stubborn, they won't even attempt to balance it for another 3 months, and will still be too cautious to avoid "overdoing it." They try to get too fancy with balance patches by completely reworking weak/broken things, when most things are weak or broken b/c of numbers. What they need to do is a major balance every 3 months where they can fundamentally change functionality of skills, and biweekly patches to adjust numbers when they get it wrong. Of course...it will never happen b/c they have no clue how to properly balance.

> @"Ario.8964" said:

> > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > > I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

> > >

> > > Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

> >

> > sry but thats actually wrong. u do not get adrenal health if full counter doesnt hit.

>

> Funny you would say something like that because I've tested it multiple times and it's worked every time for every person who has tried it... Conclusion? You get it for proccing not for hitting just like longbow burst.

Sorry, you might have tested it wrongly then. I just tested it as well to see who of you guys is right and full counter did not trigger the adrenal health trait.

> @"skeletonman.5348" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > @"Toron.4856" said:

> > > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > > > @"Loboling.5293" said:

> > > > > I think warrior (spellbreaker) is close to mirage.

> > > >

> > > > Only issue with sb right now is that fc gives them regen even if they don't hit anyone with it. If they didn't have that it wouldn't be difficult to outplay for people actively watching what the sb is doing. Especially when they add random damage and aoes on every ability in this game so it's near impossible to avoid proccing the counter outside of a very controlled 1v1.

> > >

> > > sry but thats actually wrong. u do not get adrenal health if full counter doesnt hit.

> >

> > Funny you would say something like that because I've tested it multiple times and it's worked every time for every person who has tried it... Conclusion? You get it for proccing not for hitting just like longbow burst.

>

> Sorry, you might have tested it wrongly then. I just tested it as well to see who of you guys is right and full counter did not trigger the adrenal health trait.

>

>

Then maybe I have a bug because I went into a dueling room with a thief friend of mine and had him hit my fc from out of range of the hit and I got regen off it

> @"skeletonman.5348" said:

> it couldve been regen from using a f1 trait before.

>

> i suggest u to do this: go to the training NPCS in the pvp lobby. kill the npc without using f1 or f2. once the NPCS is dead use ur full counter.

Nope, I get the healing from it. Once I thought of the visual bug I had him damage me after and I got that regen plus the healing signet.

So once again, I'm either right or I'm getting a super nice bug for only my account that anet should leave in.

ohhh Ario meant : when someone triggers the full counter, you dont need the enemy to take damage from full counter in order to get adrenal health

i meant: if nobody hits the full counter at all, u dont get adrenal health.

i see thx for the claryfication blackbeard.

i think its fine the way it is tho. full counters is easily avoidable if u have good reflexes and know how to cancel ur skills in time.

the "art" is to land a full counter when some1 is expecting the counter and stowing weapons lol if u land the counter u should be receiving adrenal health imo.

hitting an f1 skill is to me equivalent to triggering counter. both requires timing.

I don't think any class is really OP!

Every class played with a skilled and seasoned player can be OP to others. Most counters are only successful if you know skill rotations/animations, basically you should know the other class as good as your main one. Better gameplay will be guaranteed. That been said, there will be always party-poopers.

The actual problem at hand is simple:

1. Low player base in PvP

2. Match Making (Work In Progress,.... Season 9 #Yolo)

3. Class Stacking

4. Overall lack of placement, little understanding of rotations and map mechanics.

5. AFK

6. Exit of E-Sports/Pro Player base left the game

This list obviously can be extended but those are the main reasons PvP is not as enjoyable at times as it was intended to.