Disillusion of choice: death of Mesmer builds

rhall.8150

> @"MailMail.6534" said:

> Thank you @"ArmageddonAsh.6430"! That puts this argument into perspective for me.

I'm not saying that they need to do HUGE damage or anything but considering the cool downs can be ranging from 20seconds+ untraited, i do think they could be improved a little bit. I think even if they made the removed 20% illusion trait baseline, maybe just on weapon skills that it would be enough of a cool dwon reduction that it would be just about right, the damage is good (when it lands) but at the same time others can do as much damage if not more without needing a 20second cool down skill to do it. This is on the weapon skills, iDisenchanter does awesome damage when timed right still sucks they removed the condi removal but hey ho :(

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

>

> So you’re upset that you can’t spam shatters now and actually have to do a little bit of set up? **So what?** You still have super speed, chronophantasma was reworked to fit with the new phantasm design but that’s nothing new for Mesmer. You can still produce clones galore. Heck even more than that now you can have three clones and depending on your weapon sets an unlimited number of phantasms out which if you time everything well will revert to clones in time for a constant stream of shattering.

>

Am I upset I lost/cannot play a build that I like playing? yes.

Is it an illusion spam fest? yes.

Do I like the changes to our illusion? I am not a big fan so far, since it really killed of one of my builds, but gain a boosted another.

Is it a welcome change? yes and know, cause I lose out in one build and gain in another, and just about everything you said too.

Not only am not a fan of the mechanical changes, if am looking at it from my toon design/game play/RP, am also sadden. I have to drop my Sword / shield design. I know this might not be important to some of you, but it is to me.

And as for spamming reasons talked about, I really don't see the different in my mirage build / my shatter bomb build right now. The only different is one is shatter spam while the other is axes spam.

As for the nerf to some of our condis, that was going to happen sooner or later. It called balancing, sometimes the get it right, sometimes the get it wrong, some times it the extreme on both side.

This don't really bother me that much anymore cause my time playing lately is limited to pve and some pvp.

Hopefully I will find a chrono build that will get me to play sword and shield again, but right now it all mirage.

May reason for replaying to your comment is solely because of two words “**SO What?**”.

Yes its your opinion and your words but I felt it was rude. We all have our own opinion and how we fell about the changes, a good constructive comment why you think it a valid change is most welcome, but the attach wasn't. You might not see it as an attack but I do.

And before you reply to my comment, if you still think it not an attach, let just chose to agree to disagree on this.

> @"Blades of Sabatine.5639" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

>

> >

> > So you’re upset that you can’t spam shatters now and actually have to do a little bit of set up? **So what?** You still have super speed, chronophantasma was reworked to fit with the new phantasm design but that’s nothing new for Mesmer. You can still produce clones galore. Heck even more than that now you can have three clones and depending on your weapon sets an unlimited number of phantasms out which if you time everything well will revert to clones in time for a constant stream of shattering.

> >

>

> Am I upset I lost/cannot play a build that I like playing? yes.

> Is it an illusion spam fest? yes.

> Do I like the changes to our illusion? I am not a big fan so far, since it really killed of one of my builds, but gain a boosted another.

> Is it a welcome change? yes and know, cause I lose out in one build and gain in another, and just about everything you said too.

>

> Not only am not a fan of the mechanical changes, if am looking at it from my toon design/game play/RP, am also sadden. I have to drop my Sword / shield design. I know this might not be important to some of you, but it is to me.

>

> And as for spamming reasons talked about, I really don't see the different in my mirage build / my shatter bomb build right now. The only different is one is shatter spam while the other is axes spam.

>

> As for the nerf to some of our condis, that was going to happen sooner or later. It called balancing, sometimes the get it right, sometimes the get it wrong, some times it the extreme on both side.

>

> This don't really bother me that much anymore cause my time playing lately is limited to pve and some pvp.

>

> Hopefully I will find a chrono build that will get me to play sword and shield again, but right now it all mirage.

>

> May reason for replaying to your comment is solely because of two words “**SO What?**”.

>

> Yes its your opinion and your words but I felt it was rude. We all have our own opinion and how we fell about the changes, a good constructive comment why you think it a valid change is most welcome, but the attach wasn't. You might not see it as an attack but I do.

>

> And before you reply to my comment, if you still think it not an attach, let just chose to agree to disagree on this.

So it wasn’t intended to be an attack, however, I can see were one could interpret it that way so I apologize that’s how you took it.

Now, you said you want to play with Sw/Sh again... what exactly are you wanting out of it? Personally I don’t like either of the new Mesmer weapons so I can’t speak well of them, but I love theory crafting WvW/PvP builds so I’m more than happy to help if possible. I see no reason that you couldn’t run that set. Myself, I run either Sc/Sw Staff or Sw/Sw Staff neither of which are... well the best of choices. The focus of the build is to build up boons through bountiful disillusionment and I have 20% boon duration so the new alacrity changes let’s me keep a constant flow of clones and shatters going.

So let me know what you end goal is and you’re preferred stats and I’ll see if I can’t help you out.

Mesmers still have multiple viable builds acording to the meta, are extensivly used in all game types, have many movement, defensive, self healing, defensive, combo, party supporting and offensive options making them extremely diverse across all game types.

Mesmers now have more buttons to push and can change the order depending on the situation to adapt to just about any situation on demand. With the phantasm change they now have more options because shatter skills are only based on clones and shatter skills no longer destroy phantasm giving even more options for combos and defensive/offensive options.

Mesmer is still in a very strong place, the only thing anet has done over the years is show that mesmer has so much viability because of all of the builds that have come out of the class over the years.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> Mesmers still have multiple viable builds acording to the meta, are extensivly used in all game types, have many movement, defensive, self healing, defensive, combo, party supporting and offensive options making them extremely diverse across all game types.

Okay, so Necro dont have the same mobility. I'd say that Necro does have better self healing with traits that can be SO easily abused against high numbers of people, They have defense - mostly in the form of "dont go anywhere near them" Necro offer party support as well through barriers, enemy boon removal and corruption, condition removals on allies, various AoEs for healing, supporting and damaging.

Necro is still in a VERY strong place. there ar emany Mesmer builds that are just trash for some game modes, but good in others. Same goes for Necro. Condi gods, great in WvW in Roaming solo and groups, great in zergs as well. Can't comment on PvE as its trash levels of boredom. They have Power builds, they have condi builds, they might not ahev the perfect support builds but they have group support through AoE, Healing, Barriers, condition removal and others. Not every spec of every build has to be meta in every mode...

> @"Blades of Sabatine.5639" said:

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

>

> >

> > So you’re upset that you can’t spam shatters now and actually have to do a little bit of set up? **So what?** You still have super speed, chronophantasma was reworked to fit with the new phantasm design but that’s nothing new for Mesmer. You can still produce clones galore. Heck even more than that now you can have three clones and depending on your weapon sets an unlimited number of phantasms out which if you time everything well will revert to clones in time for a constant stream of shattering.

> >

>

> Am I upset I lost/cannot play a build that I like playing? yes.

> Is it an illusion spam fest? yes.

> Do I like the changes to our illusion? I am not a big fan so far, since it really killed of one of my builds, but gain a boosted another.

> Is it a welcome change? yes and know, cause I lose out in one build and gain in another, and just about everything you said too.

>

> Not only am not a fan of the mechanical changes, if am looking at it from my toon design/game play/RP, am also sadden. I have to drop my Sword / shield design. I know this might not be important to some of you, but it is to me.

>

> And as for spamming reasons talked about, I really don't see the different in my mirage build / my shatter bomb build right now. The only different is one is shatter spam while the other is axes spam.

>

> As for the nerf to some of our condis, that was going to happen sooner or later. It called balancing, sometimes the get it right, sometimes the get it wrong, some times it the extreme on both side.

>

> This don't really bother me that much anymore cause my time playing lately is limited to pve and some pvp.

>

> Hopefully I will find a chrono build that will get me to play sword and shield again, but right now it all mirage.

>

> May reason for replaying to your comment is solely because of two words “**SO What?**”.

>

> Yes its your opinion and your words but I felt it was rude. We all have our own opinion and how we fell about the changes, a good constructive comment why you think it a valid change is most welcome, but the attach wasn't. You might not see it as an attack but I do.

>

> And before you reply to my comment, if you still think it not an attach, let just chose to agree to disagree on this.

I agree with you on a lot of your issues. The real problem is you have a bunch of rude know it all people on this mesmer forum that think they know everything.

Their only motivation is to try and force thier views down your throat to make themselves seem smarter then they really are.

Again you have a valid complaint and sadly you just might never be able to have that playstyle again within the current specs.

@"Jace al Thor.6745"

Thanks, I appreciate that.

As for the sword shield combo, right now, I don't even know where to start, power, condi, shatter, support, no idea as of now.

The changes made like I said before affected my build and play style, plus the change to shield keeps catching me out. This has got me killed more often than not. Whenever I trigger it I keep expecting it to work the old way, but it doesn't and in my panic, I will trigger it in the wrong direction.

This is my problem and have to adapt to both changes.

Right now I am playing mirage weapon combo a/t, sp/p or a/t, sw/p, I do however want to get back to the sw/sh combo, I will have to seat down and think about which play style I want to go with and then make it work.

> @"luyamaluzihu.4765" said:

> i still feel like they are taking away choices instead of adding.

> i feel like scepter is not viable anymore...I want to play my chrono with scepter! Anyone have an idea for scepter chorono?

I think @"eldenbri.1059" uses a scepter chrono for some of his WvW roaming? I might have that wrong though, either way if I got the name right he was a really good roamer (and I love his videos).

But I would like to know, is there a particular playstyle you are trying to support, or do you want scepter chrono build because you like scepter? Because if its the latter, its trivial to make a build, but it might not be good. If its the former it can be much more difficult to come up with a buidl that fits that playstyle that is not absolute trash

> @"moutzaheadin.4029" said:

> > @"Blades of Sabatine.5639" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> >

> > >

> > > So you’re upset that you can’t spam shatters now and actually have to do a little bit of set up? **So what?** You still have super speed, chronophantasma was reworked to fit with the new phantasm design but that’s nothing new for Mesmer. You can still produce clones galore. Heck even more than that now you can have three clones and depending on your weapon sets an unlimited number of phantasms out which if you time everything well will revert to clones in time for a constant stream of shattering.

> > >

> >

> > Am I upset I lost/cannot play a build that I like playing? yes.

> > Is it an illusion spam fest? yes.

> > Do I like the changes to our illusion? I am not a big fan so far, since it really killed of one of my builds, but gain a boosted another.

> > Is it a welcome change? yes and know, cause I lose out in one build and gain in another, and just about everything you said too.

> >

> > Not only am not a fan of the mechanical changes, if am looking at it from my toon design/game play/RP, am also sadden. I have to drop my Sword / shield design. I know this might not be important to some of you, but it is to me.

> >

> > And as for spamming reasons talked about, I really don't see the different in my mirage build / my shatter bomb build right now. The only different is one is shatter spam while the other is axes spam.

> >

> > As for the nerf to some of our condis, that was going to happen sooner or later. It called balancing, sometimes the get it right, sometimes the get it wrong, some times it the extreme on both side.

> >

> > This don't really bother me that much anymore cause my time playing lately is limited to pve and some pvp.

> >

> > Hopefully I will find a chrono build that will get me to play sword and shield again, but right now it all mirage.

> >

> > May reason for replaying to your comment is solely because of two words “**SO What?**”.

> >

> > Yes its your opinion and your words but I felt it was rude. We all have our own opinion and how we fell about the changes, a good constructive comment why you think it a valid change is most welcome, but the attach wasn't. You might not see it as an attack but I do.

> >

> > And before you reply to my comment, if you still think it not an attach, let just chose to agree to disagree on this.

>

> I agree with you on a lot of your issues. The real problem is you have a bunch of rude know it all people on this mesmer forum that think they know everything.

>

> Their only motivation is to try and force thier views down your throat to make themselves seem smarter then they really are.

>

> Again you have a valid complaint and sadly you just might never be able to have that playstyle again within the current specs.

>

>

Personally I find the comments about "mirage bandwagon" a bit rude, as if being some fotm mesmer that just plays the new shiny strong spec, rather than considering the possibility that a player prefers mirage and axe thematically and would play it no matter if it was the weakest mesmer spec.

I empathise with having to go back to the drawing board if losing your favourite playstyle, in this case on chrono. The reality is all we can do is continue to play, with no control over what happens balance wise.