Would you find useful the implementation of build layers allowing to switch play styles in one click

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

> I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

We have mounts and gliders working everywhere but in WvW. I guess it would be also possible to have something to make it easier to switch builds in open world to fight field monsters or Raid bosses and not feel overwhelmed to manually change build and having to go through bank or inventory to do so but still apply same rules in WvW than what have been done with mounts and gliders.

> @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

>

> Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

in that case it would be quicker to do it manually and a build template would be useless. I don't want to encourage that type of behavior, but I'm all for trying it out at least. although I'm almost certain that if people tried it then it would go thru. ah well I guess we would just have to beat them after they build switch as well lol.

I believe the common vernacular for the term is "Build Templates". It's not official but it's the common expression to get the point across for a feature that saves a characters' traits, weapons/gear and utilities.

If it were a gem store item where every character starts off with 2 build templates (the one they're using and 1 alternate), and having more purchasable template slots, I bet you can sell them for 800 gems minimum and people would eat them up...especially if the gear used in a build template stored the gear in an alternate inventory location. I'd likely start off by buying 1 for each character I have that has 2 working builds and quickly start working on their 3rd, so that'd be 8 purchased slots off the bat. Then I'd need to buy more for the individuals who already have 3 or more working builds, so likely another 5 slots. For individuals with far more characters than me, you're looking at dozens of purchased slots for a single account...

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> I believe the common vernacular for the term is "Build Templates". It's not official but it's the common expression to get the point across for a feature that saves a characters' traits, weapons/gear and utilities.

>

> If it were a gem store item where every character starts off with 2 build templates (the one they're using and 1 alternate), and having more purchasable template slots, I bet you can sell them for 800 gems minimum and people would eat them up...especially if the gear used in a build template stored the gear in an alternate inventory location. I'd likely start off by buying 1 for each character I have that has 2 working builds and quickly start working on their 3rd, so that'd be 8 purchased slots off the bat. Then I'd need to buy more for the individuals who already have 3 or more working builds, so likely another 5 slots. For individuals with far more characters than me, you're looking at dozens of purchased slots for a single account...

This

> @"Leo G.4501" said:

> I believe the common vernacular for the term is "Build Templates". It's not official but it's the common expression to get the point across for a feature that saves a characters' traits, weapons/gear and utilities.

>

> If it were a gem store item where every character starts off with 2 build templates (the one they're using and 1 alternate), and having more purchasable template slots, I bet you can sell them for 800 gems minimum and people would eat them up...especially if the gear used in a build template stored the gear in an alternate inventory location. I'd likely start off by buying 1 for each character I have that has 2 working builds and quickly start working on their 3rd, so that'd be 8 purchased slots off the bat. Then I'd need to buy more for the individuals who already have 3 or more working builds, so likely another 5 slots. For individuals with far more characters than me, you're looking at dozens of purchased slots for a single account...

No. I would be furious and quit the game in disgust if they monetised build templates. Did you really just ask them to do that?! I want to shake the insanity out of you.

I already have a build templates system in my game. Anet allows it, and I can have as many builds as I want. It's free and works perfect.

> > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

> >

> > Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

>

> in that case it would be quicker to do it manually and a build template would be useless. I don't want to encourage that type of behavior, but I'm all for trying it out at least. although I'm almost certain that if people tried it then it would go thru. ah well I guess we would just have to beat them after they build switch as well lol.

>

It would be simple enough for them to add a cooldown timer between swaps if it really became an issue. Or a timer (for pvp/wvw modes) requiring them to wait X minutes after exitting combat to switch. Not a big enough concern to nix the whole concept.

> @"Raolin Soulherder.3195" said:

> > > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

> > >

> > > Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

> >

> > in that case it would be quicker to do it manually and a build template would be useless. I don't want to encourage that type of behavior, but I'm all for trying it out at least. although I'm almost certain that if people tried it then it would go thru. ah well I guess we would just have to beat them after they build switch as well lol.

> >

>

> It would be simple enough for them to add a cooldown timer between swaps if it really became an issue. Or a timer (for pvp/wvw modes) requiring them to wait X minutes after exitting combat to switch. Not a big enough concern to nix the whole concept.

Or just allow to build swap in spawn areas of WvW and totally disable it after PvP prep timer goes off.

> @"Raolin Soulherder.3195" said:

> > > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

> > >

> > > Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

> >

> > in that case it would be quicker to do it manually and a build template would be useless. I don't want to encourage that type of behavior, but I'm all for trying it out at least. although I'm almost certain that if people tried it then it would go thru. ah well I guess we would just have to beat them after they build switch as well lol.

> >

>

> It would be simple enough for them to add a cooldown timer between swaps if it really became an issue. Or a timer (for pvp/wvw modes) requiring them to wait X minutes after exitting combat to switch. Not a big enough concern to nix the whole concept.

lol, I addressed this idea in the first sentence of my post.

> > @"Raolin Soulherder.3195" said:

> > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > @"Grim West.3194" said:

> > > > > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > > > > I wouldn't be for this in wvw. I can imagine some tryhard coming in, realize he cant beat his opponent, run away to switch builds, then come back. that would annoy people to no end.

> > > >

> > > > Quick switch only after disengaged from combat for a certain amount of time (30 seconds?). A "tryhard" can do it manually anyways. This is for convenience.

> > >

> > > in that case it would be quicker to do it manually and a build template would be useless. I don't want to encourage that type of behavior, but I'm all for trying it out at least. although I'm almost certain that if people tried it then it would go thru. ah well I guess we would just have to beat them after they build switch as well lol.

> > >

> >

> > It would be simple enough for them to add a cooldown timer between swaps if it really became an issue. Or a timer (for pvp/wvw modes) requiring them to wait X minutes after exitting combat to switch. Not a big enough concern to nix the whole concept.

>

> lol, I addressed this idea in the first sentence of my post.

Not really, but ok.

• 1 month later...

If anything, I think that's the best reason to implement it. Swapping builds would be a perfectly reasonable strategy to winning. What I wouldn't approve of is being able to swap builds in combat.