Should the Diamond Chest have something valuable?

Astrolicus.3716

> @"Astrolicus.3716" said:

> Don't take me wrong, but getting to the Diamond chest and discover that there is nothing special can be boring. Something great would be to add something valuable in the Diamond chest.

It SHOULD contain the grandmaster marks we need to make our armor, just like the pvp ones do.

It's a hard question. It should be rewarding enough to be noticeable to ppl who play wvw but not so rewarding that it encourages ppl to play just for the rewards . . .

I feel like wvw overall is in a good place right now as far as rewards go. It's not worth farming but I don't feel like I'm wasting my time either -- relatively speaking -- and that's where I'd like it to be . . .

If the rewards were improved to be on par and not better than the other modes I don't see a problem with it - people will just do the modes they feel comfortable playing and it will keep our players satisfied, as well as keep those that are learning to enjoy the mode whilst not losing out on building themselves up. I think some improvements to our rewards should be in consideration as it could also help the flow of players between all game modes. New players won't think they are wasting time and it might help sway their opinions about this game mode and we could get a new wvw soul to feed on. Nom noms.

PvP track is also repeatable and awards 25+ gold at the end for each time you repeat it.

I've focused more of my time on PvP now and I've gotten a lot richer compared to when I spent most time in WvW.

I'm working on my Ascension PvP legendary wings now and hell I think the PvP track helps me pay for the components itself, raking in quite a substantial amount of gold to pay for all the mats.

WvW? I struggle to earn enough to pay for each legendary armor set by playing WvW =/

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> PvP track is also repeatable and awards 25+ gold at the end for each time you repeat it.

> I've focused more of my time on PvP now and I've gotten a lot richer compared to when I spent most time in WvW.

> I'm working on my Ascension PvP legendary wings now and hell I think the PvP track helps me pay for the components itself, raking in quite a substantial amount of gold to pay for all the mats.

>

> WvW? I struggle to earn enough to pay for each legendary armor set by playing WvW =/

I hear ya. I've also recently started spending more time in pvp because of this - wondering why I didn't do it any sooner. Win or lose, my gold grows at a surprising rate in such little time compared to being in wvw for hours on end and hardly making a fraction of it.

So the last time I made a thread about this I got these responses

-We don't need extra rewards playing WvW is enough of a reward.

- Giving WvW players gold will break the economy

- Giving WvW diamond chest extra rewards is unfair

- Just play the game mode and enjoy what you have, it's better than nothing.

to sum it up.

People in other game modes don't want WvW players to have anything like gold, extra rewards, or materials.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> PvP track is also repeatable and awards 25+ gold at the end for each time you repeat it.

> I've focused more of my time on PvP now and I've gotten a lot richer compared to when I spent most time in WvW.

> I'm working on my Ascension PvP legendary wings now and hell I think the PvP track helps me pay for the components itself, raking in quite a substantial amount of gold to pay for all the mats.

>

> WvW? I struggle to earn enough to pay for each legendary armor set by playing WvW =/

They have to compensate PvPers more because PvP is so dreadfully dull compared to WvW.

Marks maybe... but after someone has gotten their armor, the marks can't be sold., at least that is my understanding.

I think 2 - 4 mystic coins in the repeatable 3rd and 6th diamond chests would be awesome.

And 2-3 gold in the last Damon's chest would be very helpful. It already gives 4 mystic coins (approximately 4 gold). Upping it by 2-4 gold in the first tier 6 diamond chest would be great, then some additional coins or gold in the repeatable would be nice.

Considering marks are valued at around 18-22 gold (rough estimates..) that is why I suggested some additional gold in the repeatable chests.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> I just want more tickets don't need more gold that's easy to get.

Maybe a choice? Like the skirmish chests? So people could select what works best for them?

Tickets would be good to, I just figured people were wanting to ticket cap so it 'encouraged' (translation = forced) people to play WvW longer.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > I just want more tickets don't need more gold that's easy to get.

>

> Maybe a choice? Like the skirmish chests? So people could select what works best for them?

>

> Tickets would be good to, I just figured people were wanting to ticket cap so it 'encouraged' (translation = forced) people to play WvW longer.

Yeah some people have made that argument I don't find it particularly compelling. It takes way too long to farm the tickets imo.

> @"Israel.7056" said:

> > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > I just want more tickets don't need more gold that's easy to get.

> >

> > Maybe a choice? Like the skirmish chests? So people could select what works best for them?

> >

> > Tickets would be good to, I just figured people were wanting to ticket cap so it 'encouraged' (translation = forced) people to play WvW longer.

>

> Yeah some people have made that argument I don't find it particularly compelling. It takes way too long to farm the tickets imo.

Agreed. I get diamond done by Monday most weeks, and I don't play as much as many.

But where to add them? Repeatable of diamond? Or a few more each tier? I don't know.

I wouldn't argue about an up in them by any note.

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > > > @"Israel.7056" said:

> > > > I just want more tickets don't need more gold that's easy to get.

> > >

> > > Maybe a choice? Like the skirmish chests? So people could select what works best for them?

> > >

> > > Tickets would be good to, I just figured people were wanting to ticket cap so it 'encouraged' (translation = forced) people to play WvW longer.

> >

> > Yeah some people have made that argument I don't find it particularly compelling. It takes way too long to farm the tickets imo.

>

> Agreed. I get diamond done by Monday most weeks, and I don't play as much as many.

>

> But where to add them? Repeatable of diamond? Or a few more each tier? I don't know.

>

> I wouldn't argue about an up in them by any note.

That's why I was kind of hinting to remove the tickets from the Diamond chests. Spread the amount out over the previous ones. Have the Diamond chests contain T6 mats and other mats required for crafting Legendary gear and the final Diamond chest to have a 0.01% chance to contain a Grand Master Mark.

Clovers haven't been an issue for me. You can get those at the end of reward tracks and you only need 15 per piece of armor. The mystic coins are basically just gold. That said they're still a better option than grandmaster marks because they're not account bound.

A selection of options on the final diamond chest not unlike the 28th login chest _would_ be a neat idea.

~ Kovu