Quest reward armors

When out in the world doing quests and events I will get an clickable item that gives me the change of getting some gear etc. I for the life of me do not understand why at level 18 I get gear from quest\event rewards that are for level 50... or level 80 or not useable for a long time. Does it not make any sense to me why it is even a thing, getting level appropriate gear would be amazing IMO. This would also make doing events and such more desireable knowing I may get an "USEABLE" upgrade.

Any thoughts?

Depending on where you are, what the event is, or how many people are with you, the rewards could be any level. Unless it's an item you really want, just salvage them for skins and crafting mats. Check the BLTraders before you salvage to see if you can sell them for a profit.

Good luck to you!

One of the unusual things about GW2 is that it's not designed for you to play through a map until you've completed it/leveled up enough and then leave and never come back. As a result a lot of 'end game' content happens in lower level maps, including new additions. The events which drop these items (the Awakened Invasions) are an example of that.

Now normally the vast majority of drops will be scaled to your level (as you might already have noticed) even if it's from a new event. The exception is story rewards which are scaled to the level of the story - if you do a level 20 story step at level 80 you'll still get level 20 items from it. But other than that it shouldn't matter if you're playing in a map that's above or below your level, the items you get will be appropriate for you.

The Unidentified Gear drops are an exception. I think this is because they were originally intended to only drop in Path of Fire maps. Not only are all PoF maps level 80 but you can't even enter them until you're level 80 without a special item. (Like the Lily of the Elon pass, the Sunspear Sanctuary item - which you have to finish the story to get - or a Teleport to Friend.) So I assume when Anet were creating Unidentified drops they didn't bother with the scaling and just made their loot table all level 80 items - because no one under level 80 should get them. Then the same enemies, with the same drops, were used for the Invasion events. Basically I think it's an oversight.

As for what to do with the drops if they're exotics (orange text) you might want to keep them, but otherwise you can sell or salvage them. Once you're level 80 you'll get more than enough so there's no need to hang onto them until then.

> @"Ardid.7203" said:

> Also leveling in this game is fairly short. In a week his "problem" will not exist anymore.

It depends on how you play. It took me about 6 months to get to 80 on my first character. Some of my later ones have been faster, others have been much longer. In real time it took me almost 4 years to level one alt, but that's because I didn't play them much, it was only about 150 hours of play time.