Imperial Outfit on Female Asura is kinda... unacceptable?

Oglaf.1074

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> >

> > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

>

> It is not really gender-neutral.

>

> It is all male. Well, 99% male.

How so?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> >

> > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

>

> It is not really gender-neutral.

>

> It is all male. Well, 99% male.

What defines male armour though? Asura don't have human features in that way so tbh there doesn't seem to be much distinction other than cultural styling.

For example the chest I use is conjurers which is an open v-neck - I wouldn't be able to tell if it is intended for male or female asura.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> > >

> > > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

> >

> > It is not really gender-neutral.

> >

> > It is all male. Well, 99% male.

>

> How so?

Because the model is the same as the male armour of the other races only fitted for an Asura.

If it was truly gender neutral, Asura would have a totally unique style not found in either of the sexes of the other races.

EDIT: The few Cultural sets would technically be this, I suppose.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> > > >

> > > > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

> > >

> > > It is not really gender-neutral.

> > >

> > > It is all male. Well, 99% male.

> >

> > How so?

>

> Because the model is the same as the male armour of the other races only fitted for an Asura.

>

> If it was truly gender neutral, Asura would have a totally unique style not found in either of the sexes of the other races.

>

> EDIT: The few Cultural sets would technically be this, I suppose.

Or Asura, less focused on such things, use said armor neutrally based on utility.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

> > > >

> > > > It is not really gender-neutral.

> > > >

> > > > It is all male. Well, 99% male.

> > >

> > > How so?

> >

> > Because the model is the same as the male armour of the other races only fitted for an Asura.

> >

> > If it was truly gender neutral, Asura would have a totally unique style not found in either of the sexes of the other races.

> >

> > EDIT: The few Cultural sets would technically be this, I suppose.

>

> Or Asura, less focused on such things, use said armor neutrally based on utility.

Whatever excuse makes you feel happy, bruv.

Doesn't change the fact that it is clearly the male model.

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > > Yuck, what hideous clipping. :o

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm kind of happy with the gender-neutral asura clothing and really like the current armour on my asura. But more options for everyone is always a good thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is not really gender-neutral.

> > > > >

> > > > > It is all male. Well, 99% male.

> > > >

> > > > How so?

> > >

> > > Because the model is the same as the male armour of the other races only fitted for an Asura.

> > >

> > > If it was truly gender neutral, Asura would have a totally unique style not found in either of the sexes of the other races.

> > >

> > > EDIT: The few Cultural sets would technically be this, I suppose.

> >

> > Or Asura, less focused on such things, use said armor neutrally based on utility.

>

> Whatever excuse makes you feel happy, bruv.

>

> Doesn't change the fact that it is clearly the male model.

He is right though. Why would arenaNet design clothes that are not even a part the culture of that species? Apart from ear size, ear type (rounded or pointed), hair and voice, there is not much difference in their visuals. Why would they suddenly want to turn the species focussed on utility, wisdom, science and all that promoting equality into devided fractions of super cute barbie dolls and, uh, buff Asura men (or whatever gender stereotypes you want to come up with)? Neither is a part of or having an impact in/on their society after all..

Excelsior.