Legendary armor is MIA

Get a druid and use staff 3 for movement (and only for movement) during greens. It has fast enough cooldown that it will be ready every time you need it. Other players will hate you for it (unless you play with static that would be okay with it) if they realize what you're doing, but at least you would have no problem with that part of the achi.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"videoboy.4162" said:

> LOL I'll probably never get the actual Legendary Armor _skins_ because I just cannot do the Cairn heart. The special action skill stalls out on me. I tried taking a teleport ability like Anet told me, but then had to use the special key when the teleport was on cool down and it stalled again. the last time was my fault because of ping, my my pin is normally really low, so I dunno what to do.

>

> I'd also like them to add more special, Legendary skins. Just ones that do NOT animate, so they don't take as long to build. ^_^

If your Cairn is fast, you can do the green at the start, the big green near him, and then the greens that appear underneath Cairn.

There should only be one or two "fast" greens (ie, they dont spawn under him and he does not move) and there should be one right near cairn as well during that situation.

If your ping is so bad that it breaks your action key, this might be the ONE time I suggest you buy a carry so they can do a 1:30 cairn or something and you get it fast >_>

I went for the legendary armor because i wanted to have a fully legendary geared main char. PvP and WvW legendary armor weren't a thing when I decided to go for it so Raids were the content I had to play to get the shiny. Got to know some ppl, found my way into a group that raided regularily, we improved and I got everything I needed together. Made some friends along the way, had good evenings and bad ones. Met nice, social and helpful raiders as well as toxic, perma-downed crybabies. It was worth the effort and I actually got to like some of the encounters. The environments are done very well, but you can explore them w/o going throught the actual encounter. It took me about 8 months to get everything together, but it can be done faster If you really get into it and have your time-gated things sorted out.

I don't regret going down the raiding path to legendary armor but I would have probably gone for the PvP one if a)it'd been available at the time and b)the legendary tier of the armor would be different from the ascended one as it is with the other two sets.

That beeing said, here's more advice I hope will help you make your decision:

1) You can previev all sets of Legendary armor in your wardrobe. "Envoy" gets you the Raid-ones, "Glorious" the PvP-ones and "Heroic" the WvW set. Go for the look, if you like the skins.

2) Be ready to play the content of your choice a lot and be ok with that. Also expect to pay tons of gold for mats and all the small things that come with crafting any legendary. Those armors aren't free and done in a week.

3) Go for the swappable stats/infusions/runes utility if you have a char that switches between 4ish sets of armor and/or you want to use different builds on. Swapping all the stats, infusions and runes takes longer than equiping a different piece of armor and it's probably cheaper to just carry arount the extra. Also the extra only uses up one slot where the extra rune and infusion take up two slots in your inventory. It's a nice to have. I'll let others do the math on how many different pices of ascended equipment you could craft for the price of a piece of legendary armor.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > LOL I'll probably never get the actual Legendary Armor _skins_ because I just cannot do the Cairn heart. The special action skill stalls out on me. I tried taking a teleport ability like Anet told me, but then had to use the special key when the teleport was on cool down and it stalled again. the last time was my fault because of ping, my my pin is normally really low, so I dunno what to do.

> >

> > I'd also like them to add more special, Legendary skins. Just ones that do NOT animate, so they don't take as long to build. ^_^

>

> If your Cairn is fast, you can do the green at the start, the big green near him, and then the greens that appear underneath Cairn.

>

> There should only be one or two "fast" greens (ie, they dont spawn under him and he does not move) and there should be one right near cairn as well during that situation.

>

> If your ping is so bad that it breaks your action key, this might be the ONE time I suggest you buy a carry so they can do a 1:30 cairn or something and you get it fast >_>

>

I've only done Cairn once, with the high ping. Every other time I've done it, the ping has been in the range of 30-50.

I didn't know that people killed him that fast! Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> I've been looking for someone, anyone to have Legendary armor to see if it's worth the time.

>

> I think this is an example of being so restrictive that people don't care to try. With that in mind, it's a waste of ANET developers time and money to roll-out something that is of so little use to the masses.

>

> Or maybe it's that I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time and that there are hundreds of suits out there but I keep looking the wrong way.

Made one piece, tbh its the gift of craftsman ship that stops me from wanting to make the rest, everyday you have to go spend 4-10 gold each vendor for 1 token and you need like 50 I believe and can only make 12 a day, been awhile but some of those 12 vendors require you to do some lengthy events before you can even talk to them, just feels so draining to obtain just one piece to make the armor. I dont expect making legendary gear to be easy, but dont like the idea of a piece being both restricted by X times a day + Long Pre Events + 4 -10 Gold Item Required. Feels worse than grinding the Gift of Battle.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> I've been looking for someone, anyone to have Legendary armor to see if it's worth the time.

>

> I think this is an example of being so restrictive that people don't care to try. With that in mind, it's a waste of ANET developers time and money to roll-out something that is of so little use to the masses.

>

> Or maybe it's that I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time and that there are hundreds of suits out there but I keep looking the wrong way.

Its rare to find someone wearing the desired weight (light/med/heavy). You can always preview it in your banks wardrobe (or in videos). To be honest, would you recognize one if you see? They arent flashy or attractive at all imo.

> @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > > LOL I'll probably never get the actual Legendary Armor _skins_ because I just cannot do the Cairn heart. The special action skill stalls out on me. I tried taking a teleport ability like Anet told me, but then had to use the special key when the teleport was on cool down and it stalled again. the last time was my fault because of ping, my my pin is normally really low, so I dunno what to do.

> > >

> > > I'd also like them to add more special, Legendary skins. Just ones that do NOT animate, so they don't take as long to build. ^_^

> >

> > If your Cairn is fast, you can do the green at the start, the big green near him, and then the greens that appear underneath Cairn.

> >

> > There should only be one or two "fast" greens (ie, they dont spawn under him and he does not move) and there should be one right near cairn as well during that situation.

> >

> > If your ping is so bad that it breaks your action key, this might be the ONE time I suggest you buy a carry so they can do a 1:30 cairn or something and you get it fast >_>

> >

>

> I've only done Cairn once, with the high ping. Every other time I've done it, the ping has been in the range of 30-50.

>

> I didn't know that people killed him that fast! Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.

>

Yeah, Cairn is one of those bosses that becomes EXTREMELY fast if you have the correct classes (ie, condi), and know the mechanics (ie hug the boss and have the agony players go to the correct spots)

That's pre-nerf mirage, but you get the idea. Only 3 greens spawn there. The initial green, and two "fast" greens (ie, cairn does not teleport, and he simply stays still and charges up for ~7 seconds or whatever) and both "fast" greens have spawns near the vicinity of him.

For most normal pugs you'll need to deal with him teleporting around a bit, which again isnt that bad usually as until like ~20% or so a green will spawn directly under Cairn that you can move to. When he's low, one wont, so you'll need to find one spaced out around him.

> @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > > @"Evolute.6239" said:

> > > > @"videoboy.4162" said:

> > > > LOL I'll probably never get the actual Legendary Armor _skins_ because I just cannot do the Cairn heart. The special action skill stalls out on me. I tried taking a teleport ability like Anet told me, but then had to use the special key when the teleport was on cool down and it stalled again. the last time was my fault because of ping, my my pin is normally really low, so I dunno what to do.

> > > >

> > > > I'd also like them to add more special, Legendary skins. Just ones that do NOT animate, so they don't take as long to build. ^_^

> > >

> > > If your Cairn is fast, you can do the green at the start, the big green near him, and then the greens that appear underneath Cairn.

> > >

> > > There should only be one or two "fast" greens (ie, they dont spawn under him and he does not move) and there should be one right near cairn as well during that situation.

> > >

> > > If your ping is so bad that it breaks your action key, this might be the ONE time I suggest you buy a carry so they can do a 1:30 cairn or something and you get it fast >_>

> > >

> >

> > I've only done Cairn once, with the high ping. Every other time I've done it, the ping has been in the range of 30-50.

> >

> > I didn't know that people killed him that fast! Thanks for all the tips, I really appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out.

> >

>

> Yeah, Cairn is one of those bosses that becomes EXTREMELY fast if you have the correct classes (ie, condi), and know the mechanics (ie hug the boss and have the agony players go to the correct spots)

>

>

>

> That's pre-nerf mirage, but you get the idea. Only 3 greens spawn there. The initial green, and two "fast" greens (ie, cairn does not teleport, and he simply stays still and charges up for ~7 seconds or whatever) and both "fast" greens have spawns near the vicinity of him.

>

> For most normal pugs you'll need to deal with him teleporting around a bit, which again isnt that bad usually as until like ~20% or so a green will spawn directly under Cairn that you can move to. When he's low, one wont, so you'll need to find one spaced out around him.

Wow, they're awesome! I'll have to see how much they charge.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Accessibility is just a matter of having the right mindset. You may find raids inaccessible, I find excessive grind and PvP inaccessible. I get too bored of the former and too annoyed of the latter. And just like I could buck up and make myself do it, you could do it and raid. The difference probably being, I've tried and you haven't.

> I already have a raid legendary set. I know exactly what is needed. I still think that decision to make it the only PvE legendary set (or to make the only pve set locked behind raids) was really bad. I do understand that raiders for the most part do not agree with me, but that's mainly simply because it's not a problem _to them_. After all, they do like that content anyway.

>

>

Look. I don't like sPvP and I don't play it. Like, at all. Do you see me constantly whining about how The Ascension is locked behind it? It is normal. **Every** piece of content has something locked behind it if you think about it.

> @"GWStunnerz.9507" said:

> Made one piece, tbh its the gift of craftsman ship that stops me from wanting to make the rest, everyday you have to go spend 4-10 gold each vendor for 1 token and you need like 50 I believe and can only make 12 a day, been awhile but some of those 12 vendors require you to do some lengthy events before you can even talk to them, just feels so draining to obtain just one piece to make the armor. I dont expect making legendary gear to be easy, but dont like the idea of a piece being both restricted by X times a day + Long Pre Events + 4 -10 Gold Item Required. Feels worse than grinding the Gift of Battle.

it's way cheaper than that. Just do only 10 of vendors every day, and skip the two ones that want apothecary gear. Those are way more costly than the other 10. You can also skip the 3 that require events (auric basin northwatch, soutchwatch and Tangled Depths' Rata Novus) if you want. That will take you a bit longer, but the actual time used on them will be shorter, because you won't need to wait for anything.

Although i agree, that part is really badly thought out and can bore you to death.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Look. I don't like sPvP and I don't play it. Like, at all. Do you see me constantly whining about how The Ascension is locked behind it? It is normal. **Every** piece of content has something locked behind it if you think about it.

Considering that the Ascension was the thing that made me stop playing PvP, that is actually a very good comparison. Just not for the thing you wanted.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> Raid-content shouldn't be niche; raids are basically just typical dungeons on a larger scale and should be THE PvE-main-content beside OW and fractals. We currently have 5 raid-wings, that's a kitten-ton of content which people shouldn't be locked out off. They however are because of lackluster game-design and a kittened-up community. What Anet should focus on is improving the accessibility of their content rather then pushing out more raid-content.

And how do we make them more accessible?

Well there are three reasons with why raiding is so "hard" and such a niche content right now:

- Raid bosses are a dps/gear/metabuild check

- Raids have tons and tons of mechanics you need to know about

- Raids need 10 ! people. It takes far longer to get 10 capable people than only 5, especially when the LFG tool is nothing more than a glorified lfg chat channel

So how would you solve these issues:

- The first point "dps/gear check" can be addressed by adding several levels of difficulty, like with fractals.

- The second point can also be addressed by different difficulty levels but not completely. Raid mechanics need to be better explained in the game or should be introduced in the story, open world or throughout climbing the raid difficulty levels. You should not need to watch a YT guide or fail 5-10 times at a raid just to be able to complete the easiest raid tier without getting one shot by some mechanic you only understood after you've wiped.

- The third point is really something that needs to be looked at, otherwise raids will still be not that accessible. In other games it's not that big of a deal to get larger structured groups of ppl together to do something like raids. The mechanics are better telegraphed, therefore you need less experienced ppl, there is a holy trinity, therefore you have group finding tools, that automatically can put together a working group composition.

Gw2 suffers from the fact that it's a game that shouldn't have a holy trinity and yet the raids somehow require such a thing, you need healers, supporters and damage dealers. The LFG can't deal with that situation, there's no automated tool for putting a group together. Finding the right people is much harder and much more trial and error is involved with this, which makes organizing your raid group so much harder than in other games. The most unfun part about raiding is probably the time needed to find the people to do the content.

Make 5 player raids and either get rid of the "raid-holy-trinity" requirement or let players in your LFG choose the role they want to play and make the process automated. If you do this raid groups will be filled in no time. Otherwise people will still wait ages for the right group and eventually just decide not to raid and do something else with their time

1. many people reskin them cause they cannot make them work with their look

2. It is a raiding rewards so more possible to find people wearing it where raiders are aka: the aerodrome.

3. You can preview the armor in your wardrobe so no need to find others to see how it looks.

4. Raids are not made to be accessible or the main PvE content. They re made to be a niche challenging content. the mainstream PvE content is fractals and open world. Thus there is no need to make it more accessible and makes sense for the rewards from it to see less often. The value in the legendary armor accomplishment is the fact that few people have them.

5. Having a game spend resources for only what is mainstream for the player base makes for a stale game. Even though most resources are spend for the masses not spending anything for more niche content is a great way to make a game boring and kill it. Most niche players also tend to be very dedicated and catering to a bunch of niche audiences makes for a very versatile and more sustainable game. Some exclusivity is required.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> > I've been looking for someone, anyone to have Legendary armor to see if it's worth the time.

> >

> > I think this is an example of being so restrictive that people don't care to try. With that in mind, it's a waste of ANET developers time and money to roll-out something that is of so little use to the masses.

> >

> > Or maybe it's that I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time and that there are hundreds of suits out there but I keep looking the wrong way.

>

> Nah ppl skin it over because 2/sets are nothing amazing and the third dyes like crap. I also never see ppl with gild fractal weapons does that mean nobody runs them either?

I use gold fractal weapons on some toons! Only the ones that leave a trail <3

I see so much legendary heavy that I keep forgetting it's legendary - that, Ad Infinitum, and Aurora are practically a uniform. But yeah, I see light rarely and full medium almost never.

The problem isn't getting your hands on legendary items, it's not even having different skins locked behind different game modes. The issue is that not every game mode has its own full set of legendary equipment, this goes directly against the idea of legendary items being a long term goal since in some areas there is nothing / not enough for the players to progress towards which was kinda the point of these items to begin with.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Of course they are and of course that's normal game-design. But: That still doesn't explain the huge disparity concerning the acquisition-time between the sets. That disparity artificially leads to legendary armor being mostly locked behind raids. Raids themselves are absurdly inaccessible. I have no problem with content for more dedicated players, but I have a problem with the inaccessibility of raid-content and thus stuff like legendary armor and some unique weapons/minis being locked behind raids.

>

> Accessibility is just a matter of having the right mindset. You may find raids inaccessible, I find excessive grind and PvP inaccessible. I get too bored of the former and too annoyed of the latter. And just like I could buck up and make myself do it, you could do it and raid. The difference probably being, I've tried and you haven't.

It's not. It's a matter of facts. Everyone can grind and do PvP, but not everyone can get into raids, especially not in this game where the accessibility to endgame-PvE-content just isn't really availabe due do bad game-design and a crazed community. Want to know how a healthy MMORPG looks like? "[insert instanced PvE-content of your choice here] - Tank, Heal, DDs", maybe with the addition of some basic stats needed for the content and/or know stuff. Notice that there aren't ridiculous entry-requirements like a bazillion of LI/KP? Notice that the roles are kept general? In healthy MMORPGs, the hurdle for endgame-PvE-content is some decent starter-gear (which would simply be Ascended stuff here) and some knowledge of your own class and the instanced content you want to do (watching a video would be sufficient in most cases or people simply just explain stuff). It's not only raids, it's also master-tier-fractals. Every single raid and every single T4-fractal should be mainstream-content; not a niche-thing. Just like in every other MMORPG, Challenge Modes (or Mythic or Hard Mode, bla bla bla) should be intended to cater to the hardcore-community, not raid/fractal-content in general.

It's both a community- and a game-design-problem ANet needs to adress and fix. While ANet may not be able to fix the community issues, they can at least fix some game-design-issues. The holy trinity is too fixed on Chrono, Druid and favorably Elementalist as DD. These professions/specs are far too dominant. At the very least each Elite-Spec should be somewhat viable. There also have to be more tank- and heal-specs and they need to fix the huge gap in dps-potentials between professions. An ingame-guild-browser is also necessary so people have it easier to actually find like-minded people who also want to do stuff.

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > Look. I don't like sPvP and I don't play it. Like, at all. Do you see me constantly whining about how The Ascension is locked behind it? It is normal. **Every** piece of content has something locked behind it if you think about it.

> Considering that the Ascension was the thing that made me stop playing PvP, that is actually a very good comparison. Just not for the thing you wanted.

>

>

Generalizing based on your personal view, huh? I already have Envoy's Herald title and the precursor ring. Make a guess whether or not I'll be stopping raids.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Of course they are and of course that's normal game-design. But: That still doesn't explain the huge disparity concerning the acquisition-time between the sets. That disparity artificially leads to legendary armor being mostly locked behind raids. Raids themselves are absurdly inaccessible. I have no problem with content for more dedicated players, but I have a problem with the inaccessibility of raid-content and thus stuff like legendary armor and some unique weapons/minis being locked behind raids.

> >

> > Accessibility is just a matter of having the right mindset. You may find raids inaccessible, I find excessive grind and PvP inaccessible. I get too bored of the former and too annoyed of the latter. And just like I could buck up and make myself do it, you could do it and raid. The difference probably being, I've tried and you haven't.

>

> It's not. It's a matter of facts. Everyone can grind and do PvP, but not everyone can get into raids, especially not in this game where the accessibility to endgame-PvE-content just isn't really availabe due do bad game-design and a crazed community. Want to know how a healthy MMORPG looks like? "[insert instanced PvE-content of your choice here] - Tank, Heal, DDs", maybe with the addition of some basic stats needed for the content and/or know stuff. Notice that there aren't ridiculous entry-requirements like a bazillion of LI/KP? Notice that the roles are kept general? In healthy MMORPGs, the hurdle for endgame-PvE-content is some decent starter-gear (which would simply be Ascended stuff here) and some knowledge of your own class and the instanced content you want to do (watching a video would be sufficient in most cases or people simply just explain stuff). It's not only raids, it's also master-tier-fractals. Every single raid and every single T4-fractal should be mainstream-content; not a niche-thing. Just like in every other MMORPG, Challenge Modes (or Mythic or Hard Mode, bla bla bla) should be intended to cater to the hardcore-community, not raid/fractal-content in general.

>

> It's both a community- and a game-design-problem ANet needs to adress and fix. While ANet may not be able to fix the community issues, they can at least fix some game-design-issues. The holy trinity is too fixed on Chrono, Druid and favorably Elementalist as DD. These professions/specs are far too dominant. At the very least each Elite-Spec should be somewhat viable. There also have to be more tank- and heal-specs and they need to fix the huge gap in dps-potentials between professions. An ingame-guild-browser is also necessary so people have it easier to actually find like-minded people who also want to do stuff.

No, not everyone can grind and do PvP. It is only true in theory, but then again, in theory everyone can raid as well. In practice both limitations will lock out many players out of the respective rewards. And it is completely fine.

The problem for me is simple. If I ever choose to grind one of these legendary armor sets I feel that by the time I accomplished the feat I will have grinded the game for so long that I will no longer desire to play. Legendary armor implementation in this game was a big miss for me :(

Hopefully they will find something besides the best armor tier for the next overly long term goal.

I just gave up trying to get it, they won't introduce alternative ways to get it.

Raid system is flawed as it is, it's full of meta followers, elitists, class bullies and other kinds of annoying people that people hate to see. Locking legendary items to Raids was the worst decision Arenanet has made, legendary weapons or the legendary trinket Aurora didn't require raiding... Give other kinds of weapon or gear sets as raid rewards, but legendaries are the ultimate goal of the game. You can't just lock it to the least popular part of the game that no one wants to play.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > Look. I don't like sPvP and I don't play it. Like, at all. Do you see me constantly whining about how The Ascension is locked behind it? It is normal. **Every** piece of content has something locked behind it if you think about it.

> > Considering that the Ascension was the thing that made me stop playing PvP, that is actually a very good comparison. Just not for the thing you wanted.

> >

> >

>

> Generalizing based on your personal view, huh? I already have Envoy's Herald title and the precursor ring. Make a guess whether or not I'll be stopping raids.

So, those things weren't important for you as far as raiding was concerned. They might have not been locked and you'd be raiding regardless.

There's a difference between playing the content for fun and getting good rewards on the way, and playing the content you might not necessarily like (or not like to play as seriously as required in this case) _to_ get specific reward you couldn't get otherwise.

In my case, if i were a primarily pvp player, Ascension wouldn't change anything for me. I was not - i played PvP casually, on and off before. And, initially, when rating and reward division pips were one and the same, that just wasn't enough to get the backpack. You had to farm the content. And that happened to burn a lot of semi-casual pvpers out. And an influx of "pve noobs" that were there only to farm rewards has also driven a number of veteran pvpers away.

And in the end it didn't even give anything to the mode. Eventually it only _lowered_ the numbers of people playing it. Both casuals and veterans.

So, as i said, giving Ascension as an example of how good the locked content is isn't exactly a good idea, because it is a good example, but for something exactly opposite.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> No, not everyone can grind and do PvP. It is only true in theory, but then again, in theory everyone can raid as well.

True, everyone can pvp and everyone can raid. Not true about _succeeding_ at either however, and difference here is that, unlike with raids, you don't really need to succeed at PvP to get the rewards

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > No, not everyone can grind and do PvP. It is only true in theory, but then again, in theory everyone can raid as well.

> True, everyone can pvp and everyone can raid. Not true about _succeeding_ at either however, and difference here is that, unlike with raids, you don't really need to succeed at PvP to get the rewards

>

Again, that's only in theory. In practice nobody would subject themselves to the constant streak of annoyance and frustration, so in practice people who don't enjoy PvP (like me) are locked out of this content and its rewards. And, again, that's fine.

That's like saying everyone can become president. Yeah sure it's possible but in practice it's not.

Many people just can't raid in practice.

I still don't get why the Anet devs think it's such a fantastic idea to make content that in his core design and idea is meant to be exclusive, that in practice only 5% of the playerbase gets to enjoy, while making this content a necessity to get some of the shiniest and best items in the game, while repeatedly refusing to even think about implementing other ways of making said content or its rewards more accessible (by adding 5 man versions or making difficulty levels, adding roles to the lfg and make group finding automated, getting rid of the raid trinity requirement etc).

It's not like Anet is a company that is able to pump out so much new significant and replayable endgame content (like Blizzard does for example each year), that no one would mind not ever playing several raid wings and or not/never getting the unique skins and legendary armor.

What a waste of time and resources.

> @"Adenin.5973" said:

> That's like saying everyone can become president. Yeah sure it's possible but in practice it's not.

> Many people just can't raid in practice.

>

> I still don't get why the Anet devs think it's such a fantastic idea to make content that in his core design and idea is meant to be exclusive, that in practice only 5% of the playerbase gets to enjoy, while making this content a necessity to get some of the shiniest and best items in the game, while repeatedly refusing to even think about implementing other ways of making said content or its rewards more accessible (by adding 5 man versions or making difficulty levels, adding roles to the lfg and make group finding automated, getting rid of the raid trinity requirement etc).

>

> It's not like Anet is a company that is able to pump out so much new significant and replayable endgame content (like Blizzard does for example each year), that no one would mind not ever playing several raid wings and or not/never getting the unique skins and legendary armor.

>

> What a waste of time and resources.

Yes, and exactly the same logic can be applied to pretty much everything in the game. Not everyone can PvP, for a variety of reasons. Or do FotM. Or farm Silverwastes if you will. Raids aren't any different, nor are their rewards. And no, it's not a waste of resources. It's making the game more diverse, which ultimately makes it appealing for more players.