GM's sitting in on private parties?

ClaraFee.2579

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> It is funny to me that you think anything you do in-game can constiute as "private".

>

> You're literally inside of their world whenever you play the game. Using their chat system. Nothing is private.

The OP isn't asking about whether chat is "private;" they know it is not. Their question is about how likely it is that someone will actually be reading it.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > It is funny to me that you think anything you do in-game can constiute as "private".

> >

> > You're literally inside of their world whenever you play the game. Using their chat system. Nothing is private.

>

> The OP isn't asking about whether chat is "private;" they know it is not. Their question is about how likely it is that someone will actually be reading it.

>

>

I was going by the title of the thread. "Private parties". There's no such thing.

Nothing new. Customer support even knows what you wrote 5 years ago. Anet is monitoring and saving about everything you do for the whole lifetime of the game.

Therefore use privately hosted TeamSpeak servers with encryption if privacy is important. Discord or TeamSpeak servers hosted by other companies is not save either.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> Well, as an IT support drone I can totally assure you that anything silly you type will be laughed at by the entire krew <3

> As for the fun of watching users squirm and kitten up: confirmed too!

> But hey ANet might be different ;)

I can imagine the job ad ...

> Requirements: Must have voyeuristic tendencies

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> _'ArenaNet may, in its reasonable discretion, choose to monitor Conduct or other activities related to the Game.

Interesting. I wonder if that might include TP investment activities, speculation, or other things that might result in info that could result in personal gain.

Plot Twist: OP has Google's and Amazon's spy devices in his house but wonders about privacy in a public online game :-)

Illconceived Was Na pretty much boiled it down to one point: Who would read it? Even the Stasi from the GDR had literally hundred thousands of phone calls on audio casette, but not everything has been listened to. They've been stowed away in an archive. It was more likely they can pull out some tapes of a person and retrospectively check them for something useful for them to blackmail you or your family.

Excelsior.

> @"Neural.1824" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

>

> > _'ArenaNet may, in its reasonable discretion, choose to monitor Conduct or other activities related to the Game.

>

> Interesting. I wonder if that might include TP investment activities, speculation, or other things that might result in info that could result in personal gain.

>

>

Sure they can. But I doubt that would be worth their time. As an Anet employee you have better options to make personal gain of the game

I don't know about Anet, but it was so obvious that the GMs in ESO watched us, that I would talk to them (or rant about the game, if I was annoyed!), when I was alone in my player housing, or in instances, lol.

One of the reasons I knew, was that one day I was in a closed room, dancing, while I waited for a chest to respawn (I was just trying to get levelling gear) and a char (almost certainly, a GM) came in and started dancing in front of me, even though I had stopped dancing before anyone had entered the room.

Could have been a coincidence, of course, except this coincided with 2 or 3 people whispering me, asking what I was trying to get from the chest and if it was for personal use, or not.

Clearly, someone had reported me (probably because crafting motifs, also, fairly rarely dropped from this chest) and the GMs were checking I wasn't a goldfarmer, or something.

So, I would say don't talk about anything you aren't happy with other people knowing.

Of course they do.

The CIA has instructed all online gaming companies to record and monitor all chat messages of all gamers. The CIA then analyzes the data to see what makes us tick. They then instruct the main stream news media to brainwash us for or against something in order to keep us divided and arguing among ourselves. The reason being is because with advancements in technology, people are getting closer to figuring out that all 17 of our intelligence agencies have been covering up the existence of extraterrestrials for decades, the moon landing was a hoax, and that Russia actually beat us in the space race 12 years before we got there. :o

>! Seriously though, if ArenaNet was monitoring my guild chat when I told them about my colonoscopy results, that's ArenaNet's problem, not mine.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Turin.6921" said:

> > > @"Faaris.8013" said:

> > > Terrorists use online game chats to communicate because it's safer than WhatsApp or any other chat-tool out there. I really doubt they would do that if the content was easily be revealed ^^

> >

> > That would some very stupid terrorist if that is the case. Game chats are of the most heavily monitored ways to message other people and companies have absolutely no legal obligation to provide any kind of privacy on their messaging. It would actually be safer to use whatsapp ( although also stupid) as it has some kind of encryption.

>

> How many succesful terrorist interactions have you experienced to provide such claims?

I overheard scarlet and Mai trin plotting in lions arch...