Thread for Scourge benchmark tests (PvE)

Kam.4092

> @chunx.9521 said:

> > @Sublimatio.6981 said:

> > one of my first tries. these are realistic buffs unlike the video posted above that made 36.7k

>

> Oops yea you're right, I included all the boons, but as far as I'm aware all the defensive boons would have no impact on my DPS, and all the profession skills are your basic, realistic scenario ones.

>

>

You are correct. The class specific buffs are identical and the defensive boons means nothing for a necro as we dont have anything that scales from them. I would deem your setup more efficient due to the utilities you are using compared , as well as having a higher potential.

You're build link is all vipers. Have you thought about switching out a piece or two to sinister?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> You're build link is all vipers. Have you thought about switching out a piece or two to sinister?

I ran with full viper's because a substantial portion of damage comes from burning and torment, which don't get capped. I don't know if one or two pieces of sinister would be better, but if it would be, I wouldn't know which pieces.

> @chunx.9521 said:

> > @HardRider.2980 said:

> > Whats trailblazer armour like in places like pve- fractals? any improvement over vipers?

>

> Trailblazer's would make you do less damage. It seems like it would never be worth it to sacrifice offensive stats for the extra vitality, even if it allows you to use more shade skills.

>

Hmm Yer I wasn't sure if vipers would remain ideal over trailblazer as i've not had time to test things..Thanks

> @chunx.9521 said:

> > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > It seems the rotation is fairly straightforward too so the gap between dummy DPS and actual DPS should be smaller then it often is.

>

> I feel like the rotation was a bit of a pain actually, there were a lot of things to manage and keep track of and a lot of button presses that don't really follow a pattern other than knowing which are the high priority skills to use off cooldown when possible. The challenge is that that list is really long, because literally all your weapon skills do more damage than autoattacking.

>

> The other thing is staggering your punishments so that you will always have a charge of Sadistic Searing to use when Manifest Sand Shade comes off cooldown. Sometimes you may have to precast the punishment while Sand Shade is still off cooldown (like 10 sec left), sometimes you'll have to skip a usage of Sand Flare, sometimes you might have to delay Trail of Anguish a bit, sometimes you'll literally have .5 sec to put down the Sand Shade or else Sadistic Searing will expire and you'll lose a lot of damage.

>

> On the bright side, there are no hidden or offscreen cooldowns to manage, and you do not rely on fields or minions or having enough health in Death Shroud of damage (as you can see the life force is pretty self-sustaining, every once in a while you may have to skip a Desert Shroud or delay it but it's not a big deal).

>

> > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > I saw a condi Soulbeast doing 40k but that was with Sylvan racial and having Ranger buffs being handled off character. I see you have Epidemic on your bar. If that was not needed what would you replace that with and how much off a boost would it give you?

>

> I'm not sure what the next best skill is. I'd think it'd be Corrosive Poison Cloud or Shadow Fiend. CPC clearly puts on the greatest condition damage, but that self-weakness will actually hurt your DPS if you can't cleanse it fast enough, and you do not have the extra life force to use your F2 cleanse on it without messing up your usages of Desert Shroud.

>

> Shadow Fiend is like a flat 350 dps (more if it gets might), and its haunt skill also grants LF for so would help.

>

> > @Kam.4092 said:

> > Did you try Torment or Bursting Sigils over Earth by chance?

> >

> I didn't. From the past, I think it's been tested that earth consistently does more damage than bursting for single target. Torment is an interesting idea, but I feel like enough skills already trigger Demonic lore so that a torment sigil would not be needed. But I haven't tested so I can't say for sure.

I am almost certain Torment Sigil is better then Geomancy Sigil for this build now. Two reasons:

1) Due to the rotation we don't take full advantage of Geomancy Sigil because we don't weapon swap on CD. In particular Scepter/Dagger you sit in for 16 seconds (second BiP rotation) which means that this Sigil only maintains 3 stacks of Bleeding most of the time.

2) Since you are spending so much time in Scepter/Dagger it really cuts down on the Torment sources. You basically have Feast (8 sec CD with Alac), Mainfest Shade (12sec CD with Alac), BiP (16 sec CD with Alac) and Shroud (~13sec CD with Alac). Wave only when you have Torch out. If you stagger them perfectly it would be fine but thats basically impossible due to the nature of the rotation. I counted some 5-6 second gaps (at 1.38 there is a 9 second gap) in Torment application. That is costing you burn procs and just like losing Sadistic Searing procs that is a painful DPS loss.

Another possibility is Malice. With 2 Shades up 66% of the time you are losing 6% duration on Poison, Burning and Torment. An extra 6% damage on those three would also out damage 3 Bleed stacks as well I suspect.

> @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > @chunx.9521 said:

> > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > It seems the rotation is fairly straightforward too so the gap between dummy DPS and actual DPS should be smaller then it often is.

> >

> > I feel like the rotation was a bit of a pain actually, there were a lot of things to manage and keep track of and a lot of button presses that don't really follow a pattern other than knowing which are the high priority skills to use off cooldown when possible. The challenge is that that list is really long, because literally all your weapon skills do more damage than autoattacking.

> >

> > The other thing is staggering your punishments so that you will always have a charge of Sadistic Searing to use when Manifest Sand Shade comes off cooldown. Sometimes you may have to precast the punishment while Sand Shade is still off cooldown (like 10 sec left), sometimes you'll have to skip a usage of Sand Flare, sometimes you might have to delay Trail of Anguish a bit, sometimes you'll literally have .5 sec to put down the Sand Shade or else Sadistic Searing will expire and you'll lose a lot of damage.

> >

> > On the bright side, there are no hidden or offscreen cooldowns to manage, and you do not rely on fields or minions or having enough health in Death Shroud of damage (as you can see the life force is pretty self-sustaining, every once in a while you may have to skip a Desert Shroud or delay it but it's not a big deal).

> >

> > > I saw a condi Soulbeast doing 40k but that was with Sylvan racial and having Ranger buffs being handled off character. I see you have Epidemic on your bar. If that was not needed what would you replace that with and how much off a boost would it give you?

> >

> > I'm not sure what the next best skill is. I'd think it'd be Corrosive Poison Cloud or Shadow Fiend. CPC clearly puts on the greatest condition damage, but that self-weakness will actually hurt your DPS if you can't cleanse it fast enough, and you do not have the extra life force to use your F2 cleanse on it without messing up your usages of Desert Shroud.

> >

> > Shadow Fiend is like a flat 350 dps (more if it gets might), and its haunt skill also grants LF for so would help.

> >

> > > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > Did you try Torment or Bursting Sigils over Earth by chance?

> > >

> > I didn't. From the past, I think it's been tested that earth consistently does more damage than bursting for single target. Torment is an interesting idea, but I feel like enough skills already trigger Demonic lore so that a torment sigil would not be needed. But I haven't tested so I can't say for sure.

>

> I am almost certain Torment Sigil is better then Geomancy Sigil for this build now. Two reasons:

>

> 1) Due to the rotation we don't take full advantage of Geomancy Sigil because we don't weapon swap on CD. In particular Scepter/Dagger you sit in for 16 seconds (second BiP rotation) which means that this Sigil only maintains 3 stacks of Bleeding most of the time.

>

> 2) Since you are spending so much time in Scepter/Dagger it really cuts down on the Torment sources. You basically have Feast (8 sec CD with Alac), Mainfest Shade (12sec CD with Alac), BiP (16 sec CD with Alac) and Shroud (~13sec CD with Alac). Wave only when you have Torch out. If you stagger them perfectly it would be fine but thats basically impossible due to the nature of the rotation. I counted some 5-6 second gaps (at 1.38 there is a 9 second gap) in Torment application. That is costing you burn procs and just like losing Sadistic Searing procs that is a painful DPS loss.

>

> Another possibility is Malice. With 2 kitten up 66% of the time you are losing 6% duration on Poison, Burning and Torment. An extra 6% damage on those three would also out damage 3 Bleed stacks as well I suspect.

I switched to Bursting and Malice Sigils. I only really do high Fractals though. Also I use Scepter/Dagger, and Dagger/Torch. Having Mainhand Dagger for AoE in Fractals is crazy. I'd use only Scepters in Raids though.

Thinking about it, do you need 2 Scepters equipped at once, or can you just use one on Scourge?

In Raids I think Torment and Malice would be best. At least from what I've read and seen so far.

> @Kam.4092 said:

> > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > @chunx.9521 said:

> > > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > > It seems the rotation is fairly straightforward too so the gap between dummy DPS and actual DPS should be smaller then it often is.

> > >

> > > I feel like the rotation was a bit of a pain actually, there were a lot of things to manage and keep track of and a lot of button presses that don't really follow a pattern other than knowing which are the high priority skills to use off cooldown when possible. The challenge is that that list is really long, because literally all your weapon skills do more damage than autoattacking.

> > >

> > > The other thing is staggering your punishments so that you will always have a charge of Sadistic Searing to use when Manifest Sand Shade comes off cooldown. Sometimes you may have to precast the punishment while Sand Shade is still off cooldown (like 10 sec left), sometimes you'll have to skip a usage of Sand Flare, sometimes you might have to delay Trail of Anguish a bit, sometimes you'll literally have .5 sec to put down the Sand Shade or else Sadistic Searing will expire and you'll lose a lot of damage.

> > >

> > > On the bright side, there are no hidden or offscreen cooldowns to manage, and you do not rely on fields or minions or having enough health in Death Shroud of damage (as you can see the life force is pretty self-sustaining, every once in a while you may have to skip a Desert Shroud or delay it but it's not a big deal).

> > >

> > > > I saw a condi Soulbeast doing 40k but that was with Sylvan racial and having Ranger buffs being handled off character. I see you have Epidemic on your bar. If that was not needed what would you replace that with and how much off a boost would it give you?

> > >

> > > I'm not sure what the next best skill is. I'd think it'd be Corrosive Poison Cloud or Shadow Fiend. CPC clearly puts on the greatest condition damage, but that self-weakness will actually hurt your DPS if you can't cleanse it fast enough, and you do not have the extra life force to use your F2 cleanse on it without messing up your usages of Desert Shroud.

> > >

> > > Shadow Fiend is like a flat 350 dps (more if it gets might), and its haunt skill also grants LF for so would help.

> > >

> > > > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > > Did you try Torment or Bursting Sigils over Earth by chance?

> > > >

> > > I didn't. From the past, I think it's been tested that earth consistently does more damage than bursting for single target. Torment is an interesting idea, but I feel like enough skills already trigger Demonic lore so that a torment sigil would not be needed. But I haven't tested so I can't say for sure.

> >

> > I am almost certain Torment Sigil is better then Geomancy Sigil for this build now. Two reasons:

> >

> > 1) Due to the rotation we don't take full advantage of Geomancy Sigil because we don't weapon swap on CD. In particular Scepter/Dagger you sit in for 16 seconds (second BiP rotation) which means that this Sigil only maintains 3 stacks of Bleeding most of the time.

> >

> > 2) Since you are spending so much time in Scepter/Dagger it really cuts down on the Torment sources. You basically have Feast (8 sec CD with Alac), Mainfest Shade (12sec CD with Alac), BiP (16 sec CD with Alac) and Shroud (~13sec CD with Alac). Wave only when you have Torch out. If you stagger them perfectly it would be fine but thats basically impossible due to the nature of the rotation. I counted some 5-6 second gaps (at 1.38 there is a 9 second gap) in Torment application. That is costing you burn procs and just like losing Sadistic Searing procs that is a painful DPS loss.

> >

> > Another possibility is Malice. With 2 kitten up 66% of the time you are losing 6% duration on Poison, Burning and Torment. An extra 6% damage on those three would also out damage 3 Bleed stacks as well I suspect.

>

> I switched to Bursting and Malice Sigils. I only really do high Fractals though. Also I use Scepter/Dagger, and Dagger/Torch. Having Mainhand Dagger for AoE in Fractals is crazy. I'd use only Scepters in Raids though.

>

> Thinking about it, do you need 2 Scepters equipped at once, or can you just use one on Scourge?

>

> In Raids I think Torment and Malice would be best. At least from what I've read and seen so far.

My gut says Malice and Earth. While I think Torment is better then Geo I don't think its better then Earth. Basically Torment would have to maintain one Burning stack on its own to compete with Earth and while their are lost procs I don't think the current rotations are losing one every 6 seconds.

That basically leaves Malice v Bursting. I am leaning toward Malice. If Bursting applied to all condition damage it may be different.

> @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > > @chunx.9521 said:

> > > > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > > > It seems the rotation is fairly straightforward too so the gap between dummy DPS and actual DPS should be smaller then it often is.

> > > >

> > > > I feel like the rotation was a bit of a pain actually, there were a lot of things to manage and keep track of and a lot of button presses that don't really follow a pattern other than knowing which are the high priority skills to use off cooldown when possible. The challenge is that that list is really long, because literally all your weapon skills do more damage than autoattacking.

> > > >

> > > > The other thing is staggering your punishments so that you will always have a charge of Sadistic Searing to use when Manifest Sand Shade comes off cooldown. Sometimes you may have to precast the punishment while Sand Shade is still off cooldown (like 10 sec left), sometimes you'll have to skip a usage of Sand Flare, sometimes you might have to delay Trail of Anguish a bit, sometimes you'll literally have .5 sec to put down the Sand Shade or else Sadistic Searing will expire and you'll lose a lot of damage.

> > > >

> > > > On the bright side, there are no hidden or offscreen cooldowns to manage, and you do not rely on fields or minions or having enough health in Death Shroud of damage (as you can see the life force is pretty self-sustaining, every once in a while you may have to skip a Desert Shroud or delay it but it's not a big deal).

> > > >

> > > > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > > > I saw a condi Soulbeast doing 40k but that was with Sylvan racial and having Ranger buffs being handled off character. I see you have Epidemic on your bar. If that was not needed what would you replace that with and how much off a boost would it give you?

> > > >

> > > > I'm not sure what the next best skill is. I'd think it'd be Corrosive Poison Cloud or Shadow Fiend. CPC clearly puts on the greatest condition damage, but that self-weakness will actually hurt your DPS if you can't cleanse it fast enough, and you do not have the extra life force to use your F2 cleanse on it without messing up your usages of Desert Shroud.

> > > >

> > > > Shadow Fiend is like a flat 350 dps (more if it gets might), and its haunt skill also grants LF for so would help.

> > > >

> > > > > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > > > Did you try Torment or Bursting Sigils over Earth by chance?

> > > > >

> > > > I didn't. From the past, I think it's been tested that earth consistently does more damage than bursting for single target. Torment is an interesting idea, but I feel like enough skills already trigger Demonic lore so that a torment sigil would not be needed. But I haven't tested so I can't say for sure.

> > >

> > > I am almost certain Torment Sigil is better then Geomancy Sigil for this build now. Two reasons:

> > >

> > > 1) Due to the rotation we don't take full advantage of Geomancy Sigil because we don't weapon swap on CD. In particular Scepter/Dagger you sit in for 16 seconds (second BiP rotation) which means that this Sigil only maintains 3 stacks of Bleeding most of the time.

> > >

> > > 2) Since you are spending so much time in Scepter/Dagger it really cuts down on the Torment sources. You basically have Feast (8 sec CD with Alac), Mainfest Shade (12sec CD with Alac), BiP (16 sec CD with Alac) and Shroud (~13sec CD with Alac). Wave only when you have Torch out. If you stagger them perfectly it would be fine but thats basically impossible due to the nature of the rotation. I counted some 5-6 second gaps (at 1.38 there is a 9 second gap) in Torment application. That is costing you burn procs and just like losing Sadistic Searing procs that is a painful DPS loss.

> > >

> > > Another possibility is Malice. With 2 kitten up 66% of the time you are losing 6% duration on Poison, Burning and Torment. An extra 6% damage on those three would also out damage 3 Bleed stacks as well I suspect.

> >

> > I switched to Bursting and Malice Sigils. I only really do high Fractals though. Also I use Scepter/Dagger, and Dagger/Torch. Having Mainhand Dagger for AoE in Fractals is crazy. I'd use only Scepters in Raids though.

> >

> > Thinking about it, do you need 2 Scepters equipped at once, or can you just use one on Scourge?

> >

> > In Raids I think Torment and Malice would be best. At least from what I've read and seen so far.

>

> My gut says Malice and Earth. While I think Torment is better then Geo I don't think its better then Earth. Basically Torment would have to maintain one Burning stack on its own to compete with Earth and while their are lost procs I don't think the current rotations are losing one every 6 seconds.

>

> That basically leaves Malice v Bursting. I am leaning toward Malice. If Bursting applied to all condition damage it may be different.

Does it not apply to all Conditions, or do you mean it just applies to base unbuffed Condition Damage.

> @Kam.4092 said:

> > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > > > @chunx.9521 said:

> > > > > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > > > > It seems the rotation is fairly straightforward too so the gap between dummy DPS and actual DPS should be smaller then it often is.

> > > > >

> > > > > I feel like the rotation was a bit of a pain actually, there were a lot of things to manage and keep track of and a lot of button presses that don't really follow a pattern other than knowing which are the high priority skills to use off cooldown when possible. The challenge is that that list is really long, because literally all your weapon skills do more damage than autoattacking.

> > > > >

> > > > > The other thing is staggering your punishments so that you will always have a charge of Sadistic Searing to use when Manifest Sand Shade comes off cooldown. Sometimes you may have to precast the punishment while Sand Shade is still off cooldown (like 10 sec left), sometimes you'll have to skip a usage of Sand Flare, sometimes you might have to delay Trail of Anguish a bit, sometimes you'll literally have .5 sec to put down the Sand Shade or else Sadistic Searing will expire and you'll lose a lot of damage.

> > > > >

> > > > > On the bright side, there are no hidden or offscreen cooldowns to manage, and you do not rely on fields or minions or having enough health in Death Shroud of damage (as you can see the life force is pretty self-sustaining, every once in a while you may have to skip a Desert Shroud or delay it but it's not a big deal).

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Maxzero.4032 said:

> > > > > > I saw a condi Soulbeast doing 40k but that was with Sylvan racial and having Ranger buffs being handled off character. I see you have Epidemic on your bar. If that was not needed what would you replace that with and how much off a boost would it give you?

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm not sure what the next best skill is. I'd think it'd be Corrosive Poison Cloud or Shadow Fiend. CPC clearly puts on the greatest condition damage, but that self-weakness will actually hurt your DPS if you can't cleanse it fast enough, and you do not have the extra life force to use your F2 cleanse on it without messing up your usages of Desert Shroud.

> > > > >

> > > > > Shadow Fiend is like a flat 350 dps (more if it gets might), and its haunt skill also grants LF for so would help.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @Kam.4092 said:

> > > > > > Did you try Torment or Bursting Sigils over Earth by chance?

> > > > > >

> > > > > I didn't. From the past, I think it's been tested that earth consistently does more damage than bursting for single target. Torment is an interesting idea, but I feel like enough skills already trigger Demonic lore so that a torment sigil would not be needed. But I haven't tested so I can't say for sure.

> > > >

> > > > I am almost certain Torment Sigil is better then Geomancy Sigil for this build now. Two reasons:

> > > >

> > > > 1) Due to the rotation we don't take full advantage of Geomancy Sigil because we don't weapon swap on CD. In particular Scepter/Dagger you sit in for 16 seconds (second BiP rotation) which means that this Sigil only maintains 3 stacks of Bleeding most of the time.

> > > >

> > > > 2) Since you are spending so much time in Scepter/Dagger it really cuts down on the Torment sources. You basically have Feast (8 sec CD with Alac), Mainfest Shade (12sec CD with Alac), BiP (16 sec CD with Alac) and Shroud (~13sec CD with Alac). Wave only when you have Torch out. If you stagger them perfectly it would be fine but thats basically impossible due to the nature of the rotation. I counted some 5-6 second gaps (at 1.38 there is a 9 second gap) in Torment application. That is costing you burn procs and just like losing Sadistic Searing procs that is a painful DPS loss.

> > > >

> > > > Another possibility is Malice. With 2 kitten up 66% of the time you are losing 6% duration on Poison, Burning and Torment. An extra 6% damage on those three would also out damage 3 Bleed stacks as well I suspect.

> > >

> > > I switched to Bursting and Malice Sigils. I only really do high Fractals though. Also I use Scepter/Dagger, and Dagger/Torch. Having Mainhand Dagger for AoE in Fractals is crazy. I'd use only Scepters in Raids though.

> > >

> > > Thinking about it, do you need 2 Scepters equipped at once, or can you just use one on Scourge?

> > >

> > > In Raids I think Torment and Malice would be best. At least from what I've read and seen so far.

> >

> > My gut says Malice and Earth. While I think Torment is better then Geo I don't think its better then Earth. Basically Torment would have to maintain one Burning stack on its own to compete with Earth and while their are lost procs I don't think the current rotations are losing one every 6 seconds.

> >

> > That basically leaves Malice v Bursting. I am leaning toward Malice. If Bursting applied to all condition damage it may be different.

>

> Does it not apply to all Conditions, or do you mean it just applies to base unbuffed Condition Damage.

Base unbuffed.

Just find it strange Necro's are still running Geo. None of these new builds weapon swap on CD.

Earth/Malice/Bursting all better then Geo if you are doing two rotations before weapon swap.

> @Tadsoul.6951 said:

> wouldn't dd / st be the best set up, this would allow to transfer bleeds from dark pact

I tried that during the PvP Demo weekend, and the cast time on Dark Pact spent VS auto attacking was bad. Mainhand Dagger worked better with Torch for me.

Scourge will have two playstyles going forward. It's either Scepter/Dagger and Scepter/Torch, or Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch.

Scepters are top DPS for single target, but barely use Sand Shade skills. When using Mainhand Dagger on the swap set, it allows use of F4, etc. when doing the Mai Trin daily yesterday, F2 helped the group a lot. Swapping to Mainhand Dagger increases AoE potential by a huge amount. When camping Scepters, it limits what you can do, but is the highest single target DPS at the moment.

Both set ups are close in DPS though. Depending on the fight it just depends what you need to do. In a perfect scenario we'd only use F5 on CD, and not the other skills. With new Raids coming, we'll see what we're good at, etc.

Right now it's looking like Scepter camping for single target, and Scepter with Mainhand Dagger for AoE heavy fights, like in Fractals. I'm actually really happy with this, because it opens up more possibilities. It would be great if they added a Bleed to Mainhand Dagger auto attack one day. it would make a lot of sense, because with camping Scepter we can't use anything other than F5 on CD. With Mainhand Dagger we can use F4 for the Trait bonus, etc for more DPS. I guess a sacrifice in single target damage to be able to do more AoE makes sense in a way. It's only like a 2.5k DPS loss anyway for single target.

An example of set up switching in a Fractal would be using Scepter/Dagger and Dagger/Torch on a fight like Subject 6 in the Thaumanova Fractal, then for the last boss you'd switch to Scepter/Dagger and Scepter/Torch, since there are no adds.

> @"Azzara Nectum.1734" said:

> Meanwhile Firebrand DPS:

>

>

>

> Anet, time to finally buff Necro!!!

There a problem with this video though. Ashes of Justice applies like a venom. A lot of that burn damage doesnt belong to the firebrand but to the mesmer and their clones that are partied with him. They really need to change these things so the damage displays under the correct character.

This is just from my experience from raids and fractals as reaper. Fractals i support the use of BiP for the might but in raids can we design builds without the use of BiP? Sometime I find my self being cleansed of the condi from the skill before they get transfered and whats the point of BiP if might is generated from the ps warriors? If you get cleansed before condi transfer you just lost all use of BiP.

> @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > @"Azzara Nectum.1734" said:

> > Meanwhile Firebrand DPS:

> >

> >

> >

> > Anet, time to finally buff Necro!!!

>

> There a problem with this video though. Ashes of Justice applies like a venom. A lot of that burn damage doesnt belong to the firebrand but to the mesmer and their clones that are partied with him. They really need to change these things so the damage displays under the correct character.

It's still the firebrand's damage. Much like thief venoms, it counts as an attack from the firebrand and uses the firebrand's stats. Ashes is just an obtuse skill to use.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > @"Azzara Nectum.1734" said:

> > > Meanwhile Firebrand DPS:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Anet, time to finally buff Necro!!!

> >

> > There a problem with this video though. Ashes of Justice applies like a venom. A lot of that burn damage doesnt belong to the firebrand but to the mesmer and their clones that are partied with him. They really need to change these things so the damage displays under the correct character.

>

> It's still the firebrand's damage. Much like thief venoms, it counts as an attack from the firebrand and uses the firebrand's stats. Ashes is just an obtuse skill to use.

But people dont attribute the fairly huge dps increase that support add to the support. I find it a bizarre concept.

Using the life force signet, of all skills. Can use scepter/torch +scepter/dagger; constant F5, and frequent F2+F3 that way.

>But people dont attribute the fairly huge dps increase that support add to the support.

Then people are stupid. If the damage wasn't there without the support, then it's the support's damage, plain and simple.