Damocles.4908

> @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > @"Magnito.6187" said:

> > > @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > > > @"Magnito.6187" said:

> > > > "I have the handicap of being bad at the game"

> > > >

> > > > Reaches plat 3

> > > > League system is totally fine lads!

> > >

> > > If I can do it, anyone can. Sounds fair to me.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That wasn't really the point,

> > as your rank should indicate your level of skill -as implied when introducing leagues and a duo/solo queue restriction- while you are stating to be a player being 'bad at the game', you shouldn't belong in platinum 3.

> >

> > - Either you are (like Sind said before) a good player.

> > - Either there's something wrong with the league system.

> >

> > Although 'if I can do it, anyone can' sounds really good, it's out of the matter.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah sorry, I thought my earlier comment was funnier than it actually was. Since season 5 I've hit legendary twice and mid to high 1700s in the other 3 seasons, so I'd say this season's rating is pretty accurate so far.

that challenge awaits, complete it and I'll give you a special present in Guild Wars 2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"Magnito.6187" said:

> > > > @"Magnito.6187" said:

> > > > "I have the handicap of being bad at the game"

> > > >

> > > > Reaches plat 3

> > > > League system is totally fine lads!

> > >

> > > If I can do it, anyone can. Sounds fair to me.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That wasn't really the point,

> > as your rank should indicate your level of skill -as implied when introducing leagues and a duo/solo queue restriction- while you are stating to be a player being 'bad at the game', you shouldn't belong in platinum 3.

> >

> > - Either you are (like Sind said before) a good player.

> > - Either there's something wrong with the league system.

> >

> > Although 'if I can do it, anyone can' sounds really good, it's out of the matter.

> >

> >

>

> Yeah sorry, I thought my earlier comment was funnier than it actually was. Since season 5 I've hit legendary twice and mid to high 1700s in the other 3 seasons, so I'd say this season's rating is pretty accurate so far.

Valid response! it's probably because I'm an EU player that I haven't seen you before, nor spotting your irony.

It's me dropping down in and out of plat, but then still making it to top 250 at the end of the season which makes me question the league system,

since it's supposed to be less volatile after playing a while after the season started.

Which makes me wonder wether I'm just a bad player with a lot of luck or a good player with a lot of misfortune.

xxx, Vex

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Damocles.4908" said:

> that challenge awaits, complete it and I'll give you a special present in Guild Wars 2

Who can resist a present. I'll get an account set up at 900 rating and minimum deviation to make things interesting.

I'll start with something like this. Might switch it up a bit or play another class at some point but we'll see how it goes.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIhcMoxhFOwzhBCAjyCHhoQUACABxKTmELDA-jJRHQBlsMQBeAAcY/BAcCAAA

I must say though he's getting more fair games than the rest of us if he's playing with the Anet tag. How many people do you know will actually have the balls to hack, win trade, or afk when they know somebody from anet is watching. BTW, you want a real challenge play core necro or rev and get to plat. Then I will really be impressed.

> I broke the rules and played spellbreaker, but it seems fair because I have the handicap of being bad at the game. Here's the result so far.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/H2IhTSL.png "")

>

>

> Sounds like a fun challenge though, maybe I'll try something next season. I had fun playing janky builds in the past, but I just don't have as much time to play as I used to so I usually stick with the meta stuff.

How come you have 1738 points but are not listed in the ranking?

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > @"Cal Cohen.3527" said:

> > I broke the rules and played spellbreaker, but it seems fair because I have the handicap of being bad at the game. Here's the result so far.

> > ![](https://i.imgur.com/H2IhTSL.png "")

> >

> >

> > Sounds like a fun challenge though, maybe I'll try something next season. I had fun playing janky builds in the past, but I just don't have as much time to play as I used to so I usually stick with the meta stuff.

>

> How come you have 1738 points but are not listed in the ranking?

He's way shy of min game requirement right now.

> @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > I broke the rules and played spellbreaker, but it seems fair because I have the handicap of being bad at the game. Here's the result so far.

> >

> >

> > Sounds like a fun challenge though, maybe I'll try something next season. I had fun playing janky builds in the past, but I just don't have as much time to play as I used to so I usually stick with the meta stuff.

>

"Minimum games required"

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> > > I broke the rules and played spellbreaker, but it seems fair because I have the handicap of being bad at the game. Here's the result so far.

> > > ![](https://i.imgur.com/H2IhTSL.png "")

> > >

> > >

> > > Sounds like a fun challenge though, maybe I'll try something next season. I had fun playing janky builds in the past, but I just don't have as much time to play as I used to so I usually stick with the meta stuff.

> >

> > How come you have 1738 points but are not listed in the ranking?

>

> He's way shy of min game requirement right now.

Oh yeah, yeah. Didn't notice.

> > @"Yukio blaster.9082" said:

> > It's refreshing to know that an ANET dev actually play sPVP and he is good too :D . wondering what's your rating gonna be in EU . and beside you @"Cal Cohen.3527" who is a pvper too!?.

>

> Probably somewhere in bronze. West coast ping to EU is pretty miserable and of course EU>NA.

:cry: can I buy an oceanic server for 1mil gems? How about an oceanic server only for PvP?

> @"MakubeC.3026" said:

> >

> >

>

They don't want to promote themselves for esl teams lol

> @"Rufo.3716" said:

> I must say though he's getting more fair games than the rest of us if he's playing with the Anet tag. How many people do you know will actually have the balls to hack, win trade, or afk when they know somebody from anet is watching.

Did you actually read through the posts before you?

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We rarely play ranked while repping the ArenaNet guild. It's basically putting a big target on your back and is really distracting during the match. I think the only time I've intentionally turned it on, is when an enemy player started sending me exceptionally vile direct tells after killing him while he was attacking Lord. I wanted him to see his mistake before I asked CS to look at his chat logs.

> I broke the rules and played spellbreaker, but it seems fair because I have the handicap of being bad at the game. Here's the result so far.

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/H2IhTSL.png "")

>

>

> Sounds like a fun challenge though, maybe I'll try something next season. I had fun playing janky builds in the past, but I just don't have as much time to play as I used to so I usually stick with the meta stuff.

Without disrespect:

The replies I see reflect an attitude . That attitude tends to discount anyone having difficulties. I would liken it to a wealthy person running a program for the poor. There's a disconnect there.

The most recent patch was moving in the right direction. I hope that continues.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> Hes just mocking you, cmc (cal cohen) used to be a pvper in this game before anyone of you pretty sure LUL

Back in the days where you could load into a match and see a few red tags in game.... good times, everyone would throw the match just to hunt them and kill them while 1 guy constantly asks questions in map chat.

> @"Wolfric.9380" said:

> OH. core D/D ele with avatar. :-). Like to see this. Feels outdated but for shure intresting to play.

> And he said it. Winning is more dependent on how you play and your mindset not the build. If you have a build that YOU can handle well then you have something to work with.

still alot of RNG in that, team, adversary builds and mobility etc... i dont like mobility builds but rather play more defensive support builds wich are a joke on this pvp.

All ends in being offensive with poor team work.

> > @"Damocles.4908" said:

> > that challenge awaits, complete it and I'll give you a special present in Guild Wars 2

>

> Who can resist a present. I'll get an account set up at 900 rating and minimum deviation to make things interesting.

>

> I'll start with something like this. Might switch it up a bit or play another class at some point but we'll see how it goes.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAoIhcMoxhFOwzhBCAjyCHhoQUACABxKTmELDA-jJRHQBlsMQBeAAcY/BAcCAAA

O mano core d/d im excited to see the results....i wish u could record some of your gameplay. It be real exciting to watch...i main core fa s/f ele my self and i run into a dps wall sometimes where i just cant hurt the enemy where they just out heal my damage. Can be frustrating sometime. Looking foward to the results /hype for me.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > Hes just mocking you, cmc (cal cohen) used to be a pvper in this game before anyone of you pretty sure LUL

>

> Back in the days where you could load into a match and see a few red tags in game.... good times, everyone would throw the match just to hunt them and kill them while 1 guy constantly asks questions in map chat.

But he didnt work for anet back then tho

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > Hes just mocking you, cmc (cal cohen) used to be a pvper in this game before anyone of you pretty sure LUL

> >

> > Back in the days where you could load into a match and see a few red tags in game.... good times, everyone would throw the match just to hunt them and kill them while 1 guy constantly asks questions in map chat.

>

> But he didnt work for anet back then tho

I didn't say him though? I said "a few red tags" which implies a few Anet employees. I wish we had more Devs playing todays version of the game though

Did you think I meant he played back then in the same match on multiple accounts?