game runs bad..

Medusa.4108

> @"Medusa.4108" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > Without the full details of your current and previous setups, I don’t think anyone can really address your issue.

>

> my previous laptop spec was:

>

> intel core i5 4210U

> nvidia geforce 820m 1 GB

> 6 GB ram

windows 10 64 bit

> @"Medusa.4108" said:

> > @"Medusa.4108" said:

> > > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > Without the full details of your current and previous setups, I don’t think anyone can really address your issue.

> >

> > my previous laptop spec was:

> >

> > intel core i5 4210U

> > nvidia geforce 820m 1 GB

> > 6 GB ram

> windows 10 64 bit

>

welp sorry for triple post somehow it was buggy for me.

> @"Limodriver.4106" said:

> there is no way ur old laptop is better than ur new one maybe ur old laptop has everything turned off and ur new one has everything turned on. Ur lucky to even get 20fps+ from ur old laptop.

Actually my old laptop ran it on stable 60 fps except during world events, yes it ran on low and yes it had some settings turned of.

But my laptop should be able to run this game on max e.e

Clockspeed and fast memory is king for GW2. Unfortunately laptop CPUs have low clock speeds to fit into the low TDP targets.

But even with my i7-8700k@5GHz and 4266 CL17 RAM (with very tight subtimings) I barely have over 30 fps at stuff like Tequatl. (1440p, max settings except character model limit to medium)

> @"Medusa.4108" said:

> > @"Limodriver.4106" said:

> > there is no way ur old laptop is better than ur new one maybe ur old laptop has everything turned off and ur new one has everything turned on. Ur lucky to even get 20fps+ from ur old laptop.

>

> Actually my old laptop ran it on stable 60 fps except during world events, yes it ran on low and yes it had some settings turned of.

>

> But my laptop should be able to run this game on max e.e

If you have maxed *everything* well there is your answer. Go through the settings and lower them. In particular, turn down character limit and shadows. Should be a considerable boost.

Does it always run badly? Our laptops are pretty much same, but mine does this funny thing that it runs Gw2 pretty well, but when I play some other game that has very high requirements and I turn off that game and start Gw2 afterwards, then Gw2 loads for like 5-10 mins on every loading screen + fps drop which doesn't get better until I restart the laptop. Maybe yours does this same stuff. However I found no solution so far.

> @"Alatar.7364" said:

> Does it always run badly? Our laptops are pretty much same, but mine does this funny thing that it runs Gw2 pretty well, but when I play some other game that has very high requirements and I turn off that game and start Gw2 afterwards, then Gw2 loads for like 5-10 mins on every loading screen + fps drop which doesn't get better until I restart the laptop. Maybe yours does this same stuff. However I found no solution so far.

No it doens't always run that bad and yea i also experience fps drops sometimes(not always)

It also depends on which map certain maps i have 60+ fps and other maps it drops to 45-50 and in world events such as world bosses it drops to 30

Other way higher requirements games works fine on ultra or very high with 60+ fps lol, so i think guild wars 2 ins't really optimized for newer hardware.

Funny thing is is that they're is barely a difference between max and low settings in this game.

There are minor settings you can turn off and some that you should let be turned on.

It's up to everyone's taste, but the best working solution for me was to turn off reflections and Anti Alias (luckily I like the crisp look of the game).

Things that should be always max are also one of the few that does not eat up many ressources, such as high texture quality and even supersampling. Depending on your screen size, you might turn off supersampling and use native.

I am running a Ryzen 7 1700X and a GTX1080, I encounter the problem Malediktus was talking about: I have many cores, but with the clock speed of a 6-year old CPU (at 3.6 GHz) My previous CPU, the i7 3770, clocked the same, the game ran a tad worse. I can really feel the little bumps in framerate my GTX1080 is handling now better over my 970, but the CPU bottlenecking is awkward when even two cores are idling (!).

I am also very annoyed by the incredible poor multi-core usage in this game, especially when the CPU and GPU are both used like 50% and I still get only 40fps. Every other program (except Office 2010 and PhotoFiltre, which both are, IMO, Single-core applications) are working so darn well with AMDs new gem CPUs and are a pure joy to use, especially simulteanously, but this game is really awkward in that matter, being my main game, it was kind of a bummer :(

@"Alatar.7364"

Your phenomena is pretty simple: Your memory have been used, especially the swap file. Even with enough RAM, many modern games still require a swapfile, e.g. Dishonored 2 crashed on me with a "low system memory" message while I had 11 GByte left. Clean up RAM, VRAM and Swap via reboot and you're set. Just like airing the room after the night. EDIT: Swapfile is also often called Pagefile. Not sure why though.

Excelsior.

> @"Medusa.4108" said:

> This game runs bad on my laptop

>

> intel core i7 7700HQ

> 8GB

> nvidia gtx 1060 6GB

>

> This game manage to pull my fps below 30 something lol.

>

> But my old laptop ran guild wars 2 fine.. so umm is this game even optimized for new hardware or only for old hardware lol

There is a thread about low fps in another area. But they found unistalling all nvidia drivers and installing the 385 series drivers improves gw2 fps a lot. And it works. i did it and my fps is finally back up where it used to be before the latest driver updates.

Set player models to low or lowest. That option basically controls how many players you can see at any given time and is really heavy on cpu. Ofc you will see nameplates of every player. This will let you drastically increase your fps in LA or other heavily populated area.

Other thing is that game is from 2012 when multicore gaming more than two cores wasnt that popular, game even uses old heavy modified gw1 engine from earlier years plus directX 9 is not that well optimised. Anet already said that making game to run on newer directX would not increase fps that mutch. So its not worth to invest time and resources into that. So thats that. Its actually really impressive that devs can make such beautiful game with such old (ancient :D) tech.