Gift of Battle

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > If you don't care to purchase Siege Blueprints, you can purchase 18- or 20-slot Inventory Bags or Cultural Armor. Tier 1 Cultural Armor is pretty inexpensive.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> I always purchase cultural armour for the Big Spender daily because it's an easy way to combine two goals. I want to eventually have all the cultural skins and they're cheaper to buy in WvW than in cities (the badges are irrelevant to me because I always have loads of them) and it's better than buying something I don't want just for the daily.

>

Another reason for acquiring Cultural Armor, for me, at least, is to unlock the skins so they aren't an option that is considered for the Guaranteed Wardrobe or Guaranteed Armor Unlock.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > If you don't care to purchase Siege Blueprints, you can purchase 18- or 20-slot Inventory Bags or Cultural Armor. Tier 1 Cultural Armor is pretty inexpensive.

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > I always purchase cultural armour for the Big Spender daily because it's an easy way to combine two goals. I want to eventually have all the cultural skins and they're cheaper to buy in WvW than in cities (the badges are irrelevant to me because I always have loads of them) and it's better than buying something I don't want just for the daily.

> >

>

> Another reason for acquiring Cultural Armor, for me, at least, is to unlock the skins so they aren't an option that is considered for the Guaranteed Wardrobe or Guaranteed Armor Unlock.

>

>

I've been doing this too, I now almost have all the cultural armor skins even for weights and race combos that I don't have, like Norn Light/Medium and Charr Light. Only thing else I can really get with spender is canned food.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > If you don't care to purchase Siege Blueprints, you can purchase 18- or 20-slot Inventory Bags or Cultural Armor. Tier 1 Cultural Armor is pretty inexpensive.

> > >

> > > Good luck.

> >

> > I always purchase cultural armour for the Big Spender daily because it's an easy way to combine two goals. I want to eventually have all the cultural skins and they're cheaper to buy in WvW than in cities (the badges are irrelevant to me because I always have loads of them) and it's better than buying something I don't want just for the daily.

> >

>

> Another reason for acquiring Cultural Armor, for me, at least, is to unlock the skins so they aren't an option that is considered for the Guaranteed Wardrobe or Guaranteed Armor Unlock.

>

>

Also remember that the vendor that sells you cultural armor in WvW buys them back for better rate of return than you would get from salvage.

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> i bought one 2015 or 2016. I wanted to buy one today only to find out that they have changed how you can get one. why?

> god i should have bought more then once back then. now i have usless 1500 Badges of Honor in my bag.

They changed it so you actually have to play the game mode instead of going in and going straight back out.. It's the easiest part of making a legendary

> @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > @"Trae.2384" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > You can get GoB without ever stepping foot outside of spawn in WvW

> >

> > Care to elaborate on that one? Sounds right up my alley.

> >

>

> What they mean is, look at the dailies. When Big Spender is up, go into World vs. World, or even Edge of the Mists, set your reward track for Gift of Battle, look for the Siegemaster near the spawn point, talk to them, click on the second purchase tab, and buy, say two trebucet blueprints for Hero Badges (or whatever they're called and ytou need to spend over a certain amount). As a reward for completing this daily, you get a potion that adds progress towards the reward track. It takes about 80 potions to complete this reward track and get a Gift of Battle. Not sure how long it takes by this method, maybe a year?

>

> I hate that Anet forces up to step into something I detest, and my body can't handle, but we're stuck with it now. Thanks a glitching lot, Anet.

For a while that's all I did. But look into "Land Claimer" and "Mists Guard Killer" too. Seriously, even a total pve scrub like me can usually get those done on an unpopulated EotM map

Land Claimer is literally capping a sentry point, usually a bridge. Kill the troll, stand in the circle for 30 seconds, done.

Mists Guard is just finding and killing 5 veteran monsters anywhere on the map. Usually you just find an enemy controlled tower and run around the perimeter picking off trolls, ogres, or kodan.

Sometimes I bump into other humans and get obliterated but that's OK. Usually I never get bothered while I do those two.

Combine them with Big Spender and you will get GoB a whole lot faster and still not have to really get your hands dirty.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to make Meteorlogicus. I am at the part where I need to combine Storm and the Gifts at the Mystic Forge for the final item. The only thing stopping me from doing this all is the Mystic Clovers and Gift of Battle.

I want it to be easier to get these last items considering the journey I have taken, and I REALLY don't want to do any PVP whatsoever, but at the same time, I know that items like these should be difficult to achieve. It adds to the value and prestige.

> @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

> Sometimes I bump into other humans and get obliterated but that's OK. Usually I never get bothered while I do those two.

>

Same here. What's funny is sometimes I'll be doing a quick Land Claimer or something like that and a group of WvWers will come along and crush me. It makes me wonder if that is fun for them? I don't blame them since that's part of the game. But if I'm actually in a WvW zerg (which I don't do all that often) and I see a lone person trying to cap a quick daily, we usually leave them alone.

> @"Orion Templar.4589" said:

> > @"Etterwyn.5263" said:

>

> > Sometimes I bump into other humans and get obliterated but that's OK. Usually I never get bothered while I do those two.

> >

>

> Same here. What's funny is sometimes I'll be doing a quick Land Claimer or something like that and a group of WvWers will come along and crush me. It makes me wonder if that is fun for them? I don't blame them since that's part of the game. But if I'm actually in a WvW zerg (which I don't do all that often) and I see a lone person trying to cap a quick daily, we usually leave them alone.

>

In every "open world PvP" game I ever played, this seems to be the chief draw. People take their level cap character to lower level zones, and one-shot players there for fun. Never seen a fair fight happen, ever, but unfair stuff? Absolutely!

*shrug*

> @"Martimus.6027" said:

> I'm trying to make Meteorlogicus. I am at the part where I need to combine Storm and the Gifts at the Mystic Forge for the final item. The only thing stopping me from doing this all is the Mystic Clovers and Gift of Battle.

>

> I want it to be easier to get these last items considering the journey I have taken, and I REALLY don't want to do any PVP whatsoever, but at the same time, I know that items like these should be difficult to achieve. It adds to the value and prestige.

>

>

You technically don't have to touch a single enemy player to get the gift

Doing the WvW dailies for reward track potions is a way to passively get the Gift of Battle. And there's ways to avoid players some of the time to get it. Capturing the ruins over and over again will keep your bonus up if you prefer a marathon for about 7-8 hours. There's really no other way to get it.