Spawncamping & Siege

Maya Santos.7401

All one sided perspectives as usual for wvw or really anthing involving pvp.

It's all fun and games double teaming red, until red punches you in the nose then it's "why you hitting me they did it too!", we already did they have a black eye for it, now where's the lunch money?

Don't worry Tsym will probably recap everything in 3 hours and you can go back to flirting with BG on red bl.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Maya Santos.7401" said:

> So we can't build siege to protect spawn but this is okay?

>

> ![](https://image.ibb.co/hFH93H/gw148.jpg "")

>

Might have more sympathy if SOSs response wasn't to k train and camp Maguuma BL. SOS barely attempted to break it when I was on they just preferred to k train empty BLs and camp them with large numbers.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

>maybe SoS should go hit BG for a change anyways.

I would love that, more fights, new terrain.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> BG seems dead so mag can just focus spawn camping sos. SOS should take the keep back ez if they have a decent commander and team since they have spawn advantage. WVW is very unbalanced so these things have happened forever i guess.

BG doesn't bother much with EB when it's a Mag week. Even for reset, no guild will touch it until other maps die so there's no actual fights left. It's just not fun to watch all the enemies run and hide in SMC all the time. Having SMC is a great way to fightmonger, but that only holds if people don't build a shit ton of siege in it.

> @"morrolan.9608" said:

> Might have more sympathy if SOSs response wasn't to k train and camp Maguuma BL. SOS barely attempted to break it when I was on they just preferred to k train empty BLs and camp them with large numbers.

That's why I go MagBL anyway, SoS is always there in huge numbers at start, some groups will fight off the bat, some you have to catch offguard enough that they can't run first. Either way you can get fights.

It's funny because I started this thread simply to point out to Anet that it's easy to build siege that can hit the blue spawn but there is no way to build counter siege inside and so it makes it really hard to get out of a situation like this without larger numbers.

And now it's a thread all about justifying the most boring way to play WvW for everyone involved. (And you wonder why most of SoS left to go PPT BLs, even doing that was more fun than sitting at spawn looking at 10 ACs and 8 trebs spamming AoEs)

That's all t1 wants to do anyways, ppt stuff and run over people when they can. People come in here talking about being outnumbered for hours, hey guess what now you know how red side feels every week.

Sieging smc? happens with every server holding it to t3. I don't see sos complaining about BG sieging up their hills though, and believe me even cata wall has like 4-6 acs on it alone, they're making YB look bad.

Take a hint, hit green and let mag get bored until Tsym shows up.

I was going to make a joke that it must be Mag but looking at these posts and replies its not really a joke.

They do this as a strat so you cannot defend the towers/keep they are attacking. Its a cheap strat but effective.

If it was about the fight, they wouldnt have that much siege as its not really a fight then lol.

one strat that you can utilize is a portal bomb. Ive done this a few times vs heavy spawn campers and it shifted the momentum so fast in our favor.

Make sure you have enough people with PAoE and port on top of the biggest cluster and as soon as everyone ports...spam AoE on top and watch them flee like useless ants. (This was my strat)

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> I was going to make a joke that it must be Mag but looking at these posts and replies its not really a joke.

>

> They do this as a strat so you cannot defend the towers/keep they are attacking. Its a cheap strat but effective.

>

> If it was about the fight, they wouldnt have that much siege as its not really a fight then lol.

>

> one strat that you can utilize is a portal bomb. Ive done this a few times vs heavy spawn campers and it shifted the momentum so fast in our favor.

>

> Make sure you have enough people with PAoE and port on top of the biggest cluster and as soon as everyone ports...spam AoE on top and watch them flee like useless ants. (This was my strat)

They have two guilds that portal bomb often, one quit the map and the other will show up in 2 hours.

Also I guess it's completely fine for servers to siege stuff out the teeth, that mag fought through 3 hours of to cap that side, but when they turn around and do it, that's a big no no.

> @"Maya Santos.7401" said:

> It's funny because I started this thread simply to point out to Anet that it's easy to build siege that can hit the blue spawn but there is no way to build counter siege inside and so it makes it really hard to get out of a situation like this without larger numbers.

>

> And now it's a thread all about justifying the most boring way to play WvW for everyone involved. (And you wonder why most of SoS left to go PPT BLs, even doing that was more fun than sitting at spawn looking at 10 ACs and 8 trebs spamming AoEs)

Boring way to play like tsym portal bombing groups of 5-10 with their map q?

And sos never left to go ppt a bl they never left the bls in the first place. Every week they sit in redbl ppting, or blue bl defending

> @"Lorx.8507" said:

> That's why I go MagBL anyway, SoS is always there in huge numbers at start, some groups will fight off the bat, some you have to catch offguard enough that they can't run first. Either way you can get fights.

Its not a fight when its 5 against 20-30, yes you can catch some off guard but it gets old pretty fast when the main group turns on you.

> @"XenesisII.1540" said:

>

> Take a hint, hit green and let mag get bored until Tsym shows up.

>

That's the entire reason mag is still here. Imagine the salt and tears of a map queue of TSYM that can't push out of their own spawn much less take back their keep. It'd be enough for them to quit the game (fingers crossed).

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> BG seems dead so mag can just focus spawn camping sos. SOS should take the keep back ez if they have a decent commander and team since they have spawn advantage. WVW is very unbalanced so these things have happened forever i guess.

As someone that has been against your server and been on your server, it's pretty common to hide around the corner in the keep in a stack of 30+ to stealth bomb the 5-6 taking the keep back.

Alliances come soon though and I'm betting most of Mag players will leave WvW once the fights are even.

Shame on mag, they should stop fooling around in ebg and just go help sos take their hills back from bg, mag already formed a good alliance with sos in offering mag's garri and hills to sos. Doesn't mag understand that once hills is free, sos will be able to help mag by taking fire keep into their protection from further bg attacks.

> @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Ahh, good old Maguuma. "We hate fighting BG because all they do is hide behind siege", then they proceed to hide behind siege. Hilarious.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hiding behind siege in an open field right next to the enemy spawn omegalul

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am just assessing the screen shot, and what I see is Mag players humping siege to spawn camp.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We were camping them all morning with no siege while they continuously build acs and ballistas and trebs. The only reason siege was built on mags side in the first place was in response to sos building siege.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why not just not spawn camp them at that point? Get a real fight in lords room when they try to take their keep back.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because why not. They've had plenty of numbers all day they could have easily pushed out and killed the siege and made a go at the keep if they were at all organised. If they're just going to sit there doing nothing letting us spawn camp them then thats not really our fault is it.

> > > >

> > > > "If there are more of us than there are you, and we keep beating you up because we're bigger than you, it's your fault for being smaller and making us beat you up".

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > "I have a problem. This problem has a clear solution. I do not, however want to actively take part in this solution. I would rather sit back and wait it out/ignore it til it goes away. The longer the problem persists the better, as it allows me to whine and cry about it as long as possible to distract anyone from realizing there's a solution."

> >

> > The solution is to stop spawn camping. Spawn camping is heinous, contrary to any kind of spirit of actually playing the game, and just boring gameplay besides. If you actually get enjoyment out of spawn camping someone, that's just sad.

>

>

> > > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > Ahh, good old Maguuma. "We hate fighting BG because all they do is hide behind siege", then they proceed to hide behind siege. Hilarious.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hiding behind siege in an open field right next to the enemy spawn omegalul

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am just assessing the screen shot, and what I see is Mag players humping siege to spawn camp.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > We were camping them all morning with no siege while they continuously build acs and ballistas and trebs. The only reason siege was built on mags side in the first place was in response to sos building siege.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why not just not spawn camp them at that point? Get a real fight in lords room when they try to take their keep back.

> > > > >

> > > > > Because why not. They've had plenty of numbers all day they could have easily pushed out and killed the siege and made a go at the keep if they were at all organised. If they're just going to sit there doing nothing letting us spawn camp them then thats not really our fault is it.

> > > >

> > > > "If there are more of us than there are you, and we keep beating you up because we're bigger than you, it's your fault for being smaller and making us beat you up".

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > "I have a problem. This problem has a clear solution. I do not, however want to actively take part in this solution. I would rather sit back and wait it out/ignore it til it goes away. The longer the problem persists the better, as it allows me to whine and cry about it as long as possible to distract anyone from realizing there's a solution."

> >

> > The solution is to stop spawn camping. Spawn camping is heinous, contrary to any kind of spirit of actually playing the game, and just boring gameplay besides. If you actually get enjoyment out of spawn camping someone, that's just sad.

>

> If you put half the effort into getting your keep back that you are putting into crying on the forums about how you've been outnumbered (you haven't), and we have siege (even though you guys built siege as well and you could have easily killed ours if even a few of you bothered to actually push up and attack it) you could have gotten your keep back long ago.

I'm not on SoS or fighting Mag or spawn camping. I'm not crying because I'm getting spawn camped. I'm stating as a neutral observer how disgusting I think spawn camping is, and how little I think of those who engage in it. I've put several thousand hours into WvW and I have never, not once, spawn camped, and if someone in my group suggested actually siegeing up like that, I'd give them hell.

> @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > > > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Ahh, good old Maguuma. "We hate fighting BG because all they do is hide behind siege", then they proceed to hide behind siege. Hilarious.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Hiding behind siege in an open field right next to the enemy spawn omegalul

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am just assessing the screen shot, and what I see is Mag players humping siege to spawn camp.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We were camping them all morning with no siege while they continuously build acs and ballistas and trebs. The only reason siege was built on mags side in the first place was in response to sos building siege.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why not just not spawn camp them at that point? Get a real fight in lords room when they try to take their keep back.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because why not. They've had plenty of numbers all day they could have easily pushed out and killed the siege and made a go at the keep if they were at all organised. If they're just going to sit there doing nothing letting us spawn camp them then thats not really our fault is it.

> > > > >

> > > > > "If there are more of us than there are you, and we keep beating you up because we're bigger than you, it's your fault for being smaller and making us beat you up".

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "I have a problem. This problem has a clear solution. I do not, however want to actively take part in this solution. I would rather sit back and wait it out/ignore it til it goes away. The longer the problem persists the better, as it allows me to whine and cry about it as long as possible to distract anyone from realizing there's a solution."

> > >

> > > The solution is to stop spawn camping. Spawn camping is heinous, contrary to any kind of spirit of actually playing the game, and just boring gameplay besides. If you actually get enjoyment out of spawn camping someone, that's just sad.

> >

> >

> > > > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > > > > @"Euryon.9248" said:

> > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"GrahamW.5397" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Hiraldo.7954" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Shagaliscious.6281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Ahh, good old Maguuma. "We hate fighting BG because all they do is hide behind siege", then they proceed to hide behind siege. Hilarious.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Hiding behind siege in an open field right next to the enemy spawn omegalul

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am just assessing the screen shot, and what I see is Mag players humping siege to spawn camp.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > We were camping them all morning with no siege while they continuously build acs and ballistas and trebs. The only reason siege was built on mags side in the first place was in response to sos building siege.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why not just not spawn camp them at that point? Get a real fight in lords room when they try to take their keep back.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because why not. They've had plenty of numbers all day they could have easily pushed out and killed the siege and made a go at the keep if they were at all organised. If they're just going to sit there doing nothing letting us spawn camp them then thats not really our fault is it.

> > > > >

> > > > > "If there are more of us than there are you, and we keep beating you up because we're bigger than you, it's your fault for being smaller and making us beat you up".

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > "I have a problem. This problem has a clear solution. I do not, however want to actively take part in this solution. I would rather sit back and wait it out/ignore it til it goes away. The longer the problem persists the better, as it allows me to whine and cry about it as long as possible to distract anyone from realizing there's a solution."

> > >

> > > The solution is to stop spawn camping. Spawn camping is heinous, contrary to any kind of spirit of actually playing the game, and just boring gameplay besides. If you actually get enjoyment out of spawn camping someone, that's just sad.

> >

> > If you put half the effort into getting your keep back that you are putting into crying on the forums about how you've been outnumbered (you haven't), and we have siege (even though you guys built siege as well and you could have easily killed ours if even a few of you bothered to actually push up and attack it) you could have gotten your keep back long ago.

>

> I'm not on SoS or fighting Mag or spawn camping. I'm not crying because I'm getting spawn camped. I'm stating as a neutral observer how disgusting I think spawn camping is, and how little I think of those who engage in it. I've put several thousand hours into WvW and I have never, not once, spawn camped, and if someone in my group suggested actually siegeing up like that, I'd give them hell.

All's fair in love and war my man.