PvP/WvW Skill Split Release

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Kitta.3657" said:

> Make Elusive Mind have an ICD instead of exhaustion. It will still punish the player from spamming it while not hindering the whole kit of mirage which has to use it's dodges for both offensives and defensives. Also add more than 1 condition cleansed from it since I can imagine cleansing 1 condition from a 30 seconds or so GM trait to be really underwhelming.

No, this method is much better. Exhaustion functions like an ICD, but instead puts the icon on your status bar letting you know when it's in effect so you can time another dodge for a stunbreak. If it was an ICD then you'd basically be guessing if the stun-break was on CD or not, and could waste a dodge.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"shippage.1983" said:

> > @"Kitta.3657" said:

> > Make Elusive Mind have an ICD instead of exhaustion. It will still punish the player from spamming it while not hindering the whole kit of mirage which has to use it's dodges for both offensives and defensives. Also add more than 1 condition cleansed from it since I can imagine cleansing 1 condition from a 30 seconds or so GM trait to be really underwhelming.

>

> No, this method is much better. Exhaustion functions like an ICD, but instead puts the icon on your status bar letting you know when it's in effect so you can time another dodge for a stunbreak. If it was an ICD then you'd basically be guessing if the stun-break was on CD or not, and could waste a dodge.

Losing 3 seconds of endurance regen is not better. That’s costing you the opportunity to dodge or ambush when a icd is much simpler.

Look dmg numbers and healing numbers are always going to be normalized but with out added effects to other classes such as boon control, condi control, strong boons, counter healing, and unblockable dmg your going to make way too many have and have not classes. Right now ele has a step up on dmg but just barely but this will be normalized in time and ele will lack all of these other effects and do dmg and support at the same level of other class making it a lesser of a class.

This is not power creep this is normalization of classes but with out any though of chasning the classes. To only changes numbers in this type of balancing is to doom classes.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

Please play the ele class in spvp and wvw and see the problem with it stop making Anet playing only ranger in wvw we all see it and know it. Make the ele dev play ele please.

the nerfs on warrior is very minimal warrior's dmg isn't the problem is how well how easily they can rotate their skills to be able to built full zerker yet being super tanky. for those who are QQing on the current warrior nerfs i see no huge nerfs on utilities and traits only mainly on dmg. Where as every other class is getting gutted to the core with trait nerfs and utilities nerf.

Extremely, extremely disappointed with the updated list.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> ## Ranger

> ### Skills

> • Seed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP only

> • Rejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse by 15% in PvP only

> • Solar Beam: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only

> • Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> ### Traits

> • Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only

> • Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing by 50% in PvP only

> • Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only

> • Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> • "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> • Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

Thank you for:

- Nerfing Core Ranger and Soulbeast in an effort to tune down Druid.

- Ignoring the suggestions, thoughts, and advice of ranger mains who concluded that these changes would simply make Druid more inconvenient while retaining its strength.

- Ignoring https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30084/shadowfalls-split-feedback#latest. Both of the posts were posted in this thread as well.

- Completely missing the mark on how to properly balance Druid.

If anyone were to take a look at the balance history for Druid, almost everything has been either doubled in cooldown or halved in effectiveness. Druid actually used to take skill to play when HoT was first released. Instead, it now just feels like a shadow of its former self. Druid feels slow, weak, and annoying to both play and play against.

Honestly, I'm just very disappointed... I don't feel like getting into it any more. If anyone at Anet reads this and cares even a little, read over the thread I linked. The current changes you've made do almost nothing to Druid aside from making it even more annoying to play and made Core and Soulbeast weaker in return.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Actually I just realized that the only "updates" you made to the ranger changes was to make them PvP only. I'm actually completely surprised by the fact that _all_ of our suggestions had been ignored and you guys actually didn't change a single thing... Is this a _joke_?

> Hey folks!

>

> I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

>

> A few notes:

> We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

>

> Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do!

>

> **Warrior**

> • Rampage: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

>

> **Revenant**

> Skills

> • Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> **Thief**

> Skills

> • Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW

> • We decided not to do the following buffs;

> • Heartseeker

> • Shadow Shot

> • Infiltrator’s Strike

> Traits

> • Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> **Ranger**

> Skills

> • Celestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> Traits

> • Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only

> • Grace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP only

> • Fortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> • "We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

> • Fresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP only

>

> **Engineer**

> Skills

> • Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only

> • Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only

> • Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only

> • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only

> • Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

>

> **Elementalist**

> Skills

> • Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW

> • Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> • Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

> Traits

> • Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

>

> **Mesmer**

> Skills

> • Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW

> • Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> • Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> Traits

> • Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun

> • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW

> • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> Edit: Forgot Ramage and Tornado edits in initial posting.

Ben i have question about ele changes - what's the point in saying that balance update is focused on ,,bringing more build variety" when you NERF under performing ele spec's... even core...that didn't have any influence on the meta.

it's disheartening really...especially when you look at ele sub forum and look at people's effort to make devs noticed something went really wrong with balancing ele in pvp.

Ben Plz play Avatar sword and check with what alternative you left us if FA is dead.

Lol, literally _nobody_ asked for this. Unrelated, being locked out of CA for a third of a minute is going to hurt.

I'll probably stick to Soulbeast at this point.

~ Kovu

I just want to know how it took 20 pages of feedback and 2 weeks to decide that the only edits you were going to make for ranger was to make them PvP only.

Like _seriously_? You're telling me that after ALL of the feedback you guys got, those are the ONLY changes you decided to make for ranger??? I'm completely floored by that.

Yeah rev it seems the changes are just going to benefit people who are fighting them. Hammer has always been strong so I see the purpose in that. Although bad design in the first place with that jalis heal was putting condi removal on a heal so when you need to remove poison you lose a majority of an already small heal. Same deal with that kalla heal to reduce condi damage lose that very small healing for a trade off that isn't very great because one attack from anything will interupt and kill those charr summons. Where kalla is concerned I don't see any viable changes there that will even make it usable in pvp or wvw so no sense changing powers of those charr summons if you can't even use them to do anything its the same thing right now as not having any heal/utilties/elite. Another thing is anything that converts conditions to boons is counter productive now it can take a few skills like elixirs per say on engineer and turn them into massive damage that scourges spam condi's and corrupt those boons and then backpeddle for a spellbreaker to then use those boons kill you or seriously injure you so then scourges can just spam you again and kill you without any kind of counter play involved is just very unpleasant gameplay imho.

So I suggest before doing any changes fix core problems first and for rev the condi removal problem is bad enough in pve too go to the new maps and get condi bombed while on a mount and get dismounted with so many conditions from awakened that you just watch yourself die without any way to counter act the very limited condi removal since rev needs quite a bit more.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" I don't see how this increases build diversity by making everything useless for everyone. 90 second and 120 second cooldowns is pretty worthless. Still not seeing why Rugged Growth needs hit when it nerfs Soulbeast and Core as well.

Alternative suggestions regarding elusive mind instead of flat 3s exhaustion, for reasons mentioned previously as it is a poor mechanic for this trait:

1. 10s ICD on stunbreak only.

2. Apply x seconds of weakness to self on breaking stun.

3. Convert all hard cc into daze, with the daze duration being the same as the remaining cc duration. Does not affect daze.

4. Have it cause Exhaustion when breaking a cc effect, however *directly tie in the exhaustion duration with the remaining duration of the cc effect* - ie if you break a 1s stun you will get <1s exhaustion, if you break a 3s knockdown you will get <3s exhaustion and so on.

5. Provide alternative source of direct endurance regain through traits or directly baked into skills, if going with Exhaustion on EM, for example:

- regain x amount of endurance every time you hit a target with axe 2, or third hit of axe auto

- regain x amount of endurance whenever you shatter

- regain x amount of endurance when you crit with any weapon.

- all deception skills return x amount of endurance on use.

and so on... Of course not to implement all of these, just whichever is the most appropriate.

6. Remove stunbreak from EM entirely and instead make all deception skills (or at the very least jaunt) into stunbreaks. Replace stunbreak on EM with "dodging with under 70 endurance detargets you", in addition to removing a condition as present.

7. Will add more as thinking of them.

> Hey folks!

>

> I've been promising a list of edits to our initial post and finally here they are! I'm hoping to get the full list re-translated and posted in all languages by mid next week.

>

> A few notes:

> We'd mentioned several times that we were going to consider unsplitting some things. We decided to hold off on that for now, but we will be considering unsplits for the next full balance release.

>

> Keep in mind that balance is a moving target. We know we have more to do!

>

> **Warrior**

> • Rampage: Reduced the cooldown from 180 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds.

>

> **Revenant**

> Skills

> • Forced Engagement: Reduced the energy cost from 25 to 10. Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> **Thief**

> Skills

> • Larcenous Strike: Reduced the power coefficient from 15% in PvP and WvW

> • We decided not to do the following buffs;

> • Heartseeker

> • Shadow Shot

> • Infiltrator’s Strike

> Traits

> • Swindler's Equilibrium: Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> **Ranger**

> Skills

> Traits

>

> **Engineer**

> Skills

> • Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only

> • Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only

> • Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only

> • Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only

> • Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW.

>

> **Elementalist**

> Skills

> • Arcane Blast: Reduced the maximum Ammo count from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvW

> • Plasma Beam: Reduced damage by 20% in PvP and WvW

> • Tornado: Reduced the cooldown from 150 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the transform duration from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW.

> Traits

> • Electric Discharge: Reduced the power by 28% in PvP and WvW

>

> **Mesmer**

> Skills

> • Phantasmal Disenchanter – Increased the cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Riposte: Increased the cooldown from 12 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Swordsman: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased the number of might stacks from 8 to 4 in PvP and WvW

> • Mirror Blade: Reduced damage by 14% in PvP and WvW

> • Signet of the Ether: Reduced the cooldown from 35 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Illusionary Counter: Reduced the cooldown from 8 seconds to 6 seconds in PvP and WvW

> • Jaunt: Reduced damage by 50% in PvP and WvW

> Traits

> • Elusive Mind: This trait now applies 3 seconds of Exhaustion when breaking a stun

> • Bountiful Disillusionment: Reduced Stability duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Decreased Might stacks from 5 to 3 in PvP and WvW

> • Mental Anguish: Reduced bonus damages from 15% and 30% to 10% and 20% respectively in PvP and WvW

> • Confounding Suggestions: Increased cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

>

> Edit: Forgot Ramage and Tornado edits in initial posting.

Dude you guys have got to reduce the shroud cd for core and reaper necro back to 7s. Put a 10s cd on enter-shroud traits if you’re worried about balance. But we have to be able to get back into shroud. I’m not the only one saying this.

Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

> @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

>

> I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

You’ll have a few that will continue to use it with exhaustion but most will move to infinite horizon which is going to cause everyone to complain about sword ambush interrupting them all the time.

But everyone is so hung up on EM being a stun break that they can see past it.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065: I'm still not sure why you think that these changes to ranger will solve the "druid problem." The major issue, as I understand it, is that you have a player that can spec into healing and let a pet like smokescale just keep dealing damage; it's not the player (via, say, Solar Beam) that's the major problem.

More importantly, though, I'm still not clear on why core ranger and soulbeast have to suffer for the metaphorical sins of druid's design. As I understood it, in the previous iteration of the proposed changes you wanted to reduce the healing power coefficient on rugged growth; now you seem to want a flat reduction to that trait's healing. So it would now heal for only 130 HP/s and only when you have protection up. That would be more in line with a trait like rapid regeneration (with swiftness) on the scrapper, but it still pales in comparison to the passive sustain of heat therapy of holosmith or healing signet on warrior, especially when coupled with adrenal health. That means that you would further reduce the viability of non-druid rangers to compete in a lot of match-ups, especially close-to-mid-range combat. Similar problems arise with the proposed changes to protective ward. For PvP in particular, this is painful since it remains a game of point defense.

Why not just leave these core traits alone for right now? The proposed changes to druid (if they go through) should be enough to see the problem removed. If we still see druid over-performing, then we can just go back to the drawing board (which, honestly, is something we'll need to do regularly anyway).

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"Sodeni.6041" said:

> > Im really afraid of the mesmer mirage change where illusive mind gives you exhaustion. This means the mesmer can't regenerate endurance at all in this time.

> >

> > I think you think mirage is similar to daredevil but thats not right. Mirage still has only 2 endurance bars and has basically no skills that regenerate endurance like daredevil does (daredevil heal, signet, vigor). Mirage only has some vigor and thats it. I think nobody will run illusive mind anymore.

>

> You’ll have a few that will continue to use it with exhaustion but most will move to infinite horizon which is going to cause everyone to complain about sword ambush interrupting them all the time.

> But everyone is so hung up on EM being a stun break that they can see past it.

Yeah Sword ambush with IH has potential to spam more cc than EM breaks, which I find quite funny. When more people switch over to this and IH in general the complaints are going to be just as much if not more than now. Until they nerf that of course...

I'm glad they're nerfing CS because that has needed it for a while, but overall cc spam across all classes in the game should be reduced/limited to a few skills and traits if we're only meant to have a few limited ways of anti-cc.

I'm probably going to be hard headed and continue to use EM even if it ends up with this stupid Exhaustion mechanic making it worse in some ways than not taking a grandmaster trait at all due to how mirage functions, simply because I like having the condi cleanse on dodge.

Edited original engineer notes with additional changes for anyone interested.

> ### Engineer

>

> #### Skills

>

> - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse: The stability portion of this trait will now be applied only upon successful hits of Corona Burst

> - **Light Strike: Reduced the damage by 40% in PvP only**

> - **Holo Leap: Reduced the damage by 17% in PvP only**

> - **Corona Burst: Reduced the Might stacks granted per pulse from 2 to 1 in PvP only**

> - **Holographic Shockwave: Reduced the damage by 22% in PvP only**

> - Spectrum Shield: Increased the shield duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW. Increased the cooldown from 30 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Poison Dart Volley: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Glue Shot: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Mortar Shot: Increased the power coefficient from 0.8 to 1.0 (+25%) in PvP and WvW

> - Poison Gas Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 12 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Endothermic Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Flash Shell: Increased the power coefficient from 0.75 to 1.0 (+33%) in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Box of Nails: Reduced the cooldown from 10 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Magnet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Throw Mine: Increased the damage from 1.8 to 2.0 (+11%) in PvP and WvW

> - Static Shock (A.E.D.): Increased the stun duration from 1 second to 2 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - Elixir X: Reduced the duration of Tornado and Rampage transforms from 15 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 105 seconds to 75 seconds in PvP and WvW

> - **Detection Pulse radius increased from 600 to 1200 in PvP and WvW**

>

> #### Traits

>

> - Aim Assisted Rocket: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%) in PvP and WvW

> - Minesweeper: Reduced the power coefficient of each mine from 1.0 to 0.67 (-33%) in PvP and WvW

> - Vent Exhaust: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.1 to 0.75 (-32%) in PvP and WvW

> - Protection Injection: Increased the cooldown from 10 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only

> - Self-Regulating Defenses: Increased the cooldown from 75 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

> - Reactive Lenses: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only

>

Please consider Necromancer's weapon skills giving more Life force generation (at least double values of current and adding to non-existent sources on every weapon skill. (And no funneling these classes into soul reaping for gluttony trait doesn't do anything) in PvP as that is the only thing that makes Necromancer and Reaper's shrouds as weak as they are. This change would also make reaper viable again as during your downtime instead of relying so much on Staff with Soul marks (no idea why this isnt baseline anyway and having staff should NOT be a requirement to do anything) you can actually obtain that life force to enter it again. Both have been designed for sustain Life Force generation which doesn't exist in PvP since people aren't dying all the time and you attacking 1 to 2 targets most of the time. All Necromancer weapons should generate life force at a steady pace to allow them to actually be used at a consistent rate. If this change effects Scourge by making them get life force too fast.. simply increase their sand shade skills by some margin to compensate. Only an idea to throw out there as this is what necro has been needing for years but never has .. this is the time it feels like you reading everyone's posts so im going to wing it.

> @"BlueCar.1587" said:

> I have just one question ... when will these patches finally come ? And by the way, what about the progress of 2v2 ?

They won’t say, just soon. Ben doesn’t want to give dates to avoid saying one date then it having to be pushed back m, etc.

2v2 same as above. It’s in the works and they have some completed but it’s the trade marked soon. Also, 2v2 will not be supported but used for special tournaments, etc

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

What is with perma invis one shot deadeye? Will it finally get a nerf? Can't be true that Deaths Judgement still hits for 35 000 damage while maintaining permant invisiblity since pof release. With quickness (after steal vs mesmers) it's even so fast that you nearly dont hear or see anything before it hits you. Really ruins the game experience. It took more than one year till you finally nerfed perma invis condi stealth trapper and now we have a perma invis, till one shoted, and then perma invis again deadeye...

Just check out this ridiculous screenshots with damage numbers of that hits:

![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/198932525739933696/376807309978107914/gw015.jpg "")

![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/198932525739933696/422472979243597839/gw247.jpg "")

![](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/198932525739933696/422472983307616261/gw248.jpg "")