Excellent perf.Windows insider build 17101

Hi guys.

Im testing Windows Insider for workstation build 1701 (fast ring).

Microsoft have introduced "Ultimate Powe Mode" which according to the notes removes micro latencies from the OS and directly impacts the usage of hardware - increased utilisation.

I have found less stutter occuring in the game , quite a big difference. I would encourage you to try it if you have the opportunity !

Im running a 5820k @ 4.5ghz

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> thanks for sharing. Just a heads up, it will not be available on battery powered systems (e.g. laptops). I do wonder how this competes with the gaming mode option and how they behave when combined.

Good point :)

Im running both gaming mode and the new power option together. With gaming mode off, no perceivable difference. With ultimate power mode off, the difference is apparent !

Also forgot to add. Currently the new option is only for workstations. You can get a free trial.

I opted for a fresh install (downloaded UUP files from microsoft and converted them to an iso as the build is only available right now through windows update).

If anyone would like more info happy to help.

I would be happty to share the iso for those that are prepared to do a clean install.