On difficulty modes (Game Maker's Toolkit)

Ohoni.6057

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > If anything, at this point Im thinking its probably healthy that players realise that not everything is and will be available to them incase of gaming addiction.

> > Why should legendary armor be less available to players than legendary weapons?

> >

> Just chiming in but I will tell you why. Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

>

That has nothing to do with the question at hand. Hyper Cutter was talking about rewards, you're talking about content.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > If anything, at this point Im thinking its probably healthy that players realise that not everything is and will be available to them incase of gaming addiction.

> > > Why should legendary armor be less available to players than legendary weapons?

> > >

> > Just chiming in but I will tell you why. Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

> >

>

> That has nothing to do with the question at hand. Hyper Cutter was talking about rewards, you're talking about content.

Of course it does. Rewards will always be tied to content.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > If anything, at this point Im thinking its probably healthy that players realise that not everything is and will be available to them incase of gaming addiction.

> > > > Why should legendary armor be less available to players than legendary weapons?

> > > >

> > > Just chiming in but I will tell you why. Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

> > >

> >

> > That has nothing to do with the question at hand. Hyper Cutter was talking about rewards, you're talking about content.

>

> Of course it does. Rewards will always be tied to content.

Separate discussions though. You said

> Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

"Producing difficult content" has absolutely nothing to do with making Legendary armor. They just chose to stick the Legendary armor they made behind the difficult content. They could as easily have chosen differently.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > > If anything, at this point Im thinking its probably healthy that players realise that not everything is and will be available to them incase of gaming addiction.

> > > > > Why should legendary armor be less available to players than legendary weapons?

> > > > >

> > > > Just chiming in but I will tell you why. Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

> > > >

> > >

> > > That has nothing to do with the question at hand. Hyper Cutter was talking about rewards, you're talking about content.

> >

> > Of course it does. Rewards will always be tied to content.

>

> Separate discussions though. You said

>

> > Because devs value content out of open world and they did want, over the years, to produce some difficult content.

>

> "Producing difficult content" has absolutely nothing to do with making Legendary armor. They just chose to stick the Legendary armor they made behind the difficult content. They could as easily have chosen differently.

Of course it does. That is what Anet chose to do and guess what it took them quite some time to decide to which content they would tie legendary armor as they revealed quite early in 2014 or 2015 (I don’t recall the date unfortunately) that they wanted to produce legendary armor.

In a similar token you don’t get cof armor and weapons by playing open world such as you don’t get Ad Infinitum by not playing fractals. Tying rewards behind a content is important and relevant to devs and it is certainly not “easy” as you said, hence the time it took them to release the armor with bastion of penitent. I mean...look at how much time it took them to tie legendary weapons to open world with collections.......that they eventually abandoned because it was too resourceful and time consuming.

> @"flog.3485" said:

>Of course it does. That is what Anet chose to do and guess what it took them quite some time to decide to which content they would tie legendary armor as they revealed quite early in 2014 or 2015 (I don’t recall the date unfortunately) that they wanted to produce legendary armor.

But it also took them about a year *after* the raids launched for them to actually get the armor out, so it's a bit silly to think that they just had this armor idea sitting around but were completely *stuck* on how to add it to the game until someone had the brilliant idea of adding raids. If they never added raids, we would have had Legendary armor by now, it just would have been more like the Gen2 weapons, or like the Legendary Trinkets, some sort of sprawling meta-quest. There is nothing *about* raids that make it the "natural" home for Legendary armor.

>I mean...look at how much time it took them to tie legendary weapons to open world with collections.......that they eventually abandoned because it was too resourceful and time consuming.

Sure, but the time to produce a Gen2 weapon questline wasn't likely even a fraction of the time spent putting a raid together, so that's a moot point.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> >Of course it does. That is what Anet chose to do and guess what it took them quite some time to decide to which content they would tie legendary armor as they revealed quite early in 2014 or 2015 (I don’t recall the date unfortunately) that they wanted to produce legendary armor.

>

> But it also took them about a year *after* the raids launched for them to actually get the armor out, so it's a bit silly to think that they just had this armor idea sitting around but were completely *stuck* on how to add it to the game until someone had the brilliant idea of adding raids. If they never added raids, we would have had Legendary armor by now, it just would have been more like the Gen2 weapons, or like the Legendary Trinkets, some sort of sprawling meta-quest. There is nothing *about* raids that make it the "natural" home for Legendary armor.

>

> >I mean...look at how much time it took them to tie legendary weapons to open world with collections.......that they eventually abandoned because it was too resourceful and time consuming.

>

> Sure, but the time to produce a Gen2 weapon questline wasn't likely even a fraction of the time spent putting a raid together, so that's a moot point.

No we wouldn’t have had legendary armor if they didn’t add raids. Because it took them a boat load of time to actually design the legendary with its out of combat animations and its difficulty to implement it due to different character models as far as races of the game go.

And you know there is also the overall balance economy of the game to take into account. Imagine if the price of some mats in the game skyrocketed due to the the constraints of obtaining legendary armor like gen2 weapons, it would become insane for casual players. That it is why they locked part of legendary armor through raids imo: to alleviate the overall cost of getting the armor in order to not negatively impact the economy. I mean how much legendary items can the overall economy of the game sustain ?

Obviously the devs know better than you. Or rather they knew better at the time they decided to tie legendary armor through raids imo.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> That it is why they locked part of legendary armor through raids imo: to alleviate the overall cost of getting the armor in order to not negatively impact the economy.

Funny thing, they didn't seem to care about overturning economy completely in a ton of other cases.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Obviously the devs know better than you. Or rather they knew better at the time they decided to tie legendary armor through raids imo.

Sure. Still doesn't address the original question. Wanting more challenging content in the game does not in any way imply that legendary armor should be less available to players than weapons are. So, your answer to that question was still pretty much unrelated.

> @"flog.3485" said:

> Obviously the devs know better than you. Or rather they knew better at the time they decided to tie legendary armor through raids imo.

The "devs knew better because they did it that way and didn't change it for the next 2 years" argument is not all that good, you know. Because you could also use it to say that build templates are bad for the game (the devs obviously knew better when they not decided on implementing them in the game for 5 years), or that mounts were bad for the game for 4 years. Until they suddenly weren't, of course.

So, what you should say is that "the devs _thought_ they knew better _at that time_". It doesn't automatically mean they really knew better, and it doesn't mean they won't change their mind later on.

If devs always knew better, and never made mistakes, no game would ever fail.

> @"flog.3485" said:

>No we wouldn’t have had legendary armor if they didn’t add raids.

Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

They launched with Legendary weapons, they'd been discussing Legendary armor since launch, and over the past couple years they've added Legendary trinkets and backpieces that have nothing to do with raids. There's absolutely no reason to believe that Legendary armor would not have existed if not for raids.

>And you know there is also the overall balance economy of the game to take into account. Imagine if the price of some mats in the game skyrocketed due to the the constraints of obtaining legendary armor like gen2 weapons, it would become insane for casual players.

And that's why they need to keep an eye on the economy, and create increased supply to balance out increased demand. This is not an excuse to not act.

>Obviously the devs know better than you. Or rather they knew better at the time they decided to tie legendary armor through raids imo.

Or, you're just making random, baseless assumptions because you don't *want* Legendary armor outside of raids.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > Or, you're just making random, baseless assumptions because you don't *want* Legendary armor outside of raids.

>

> Aren't we all making baseless assumptions. XD

I can't speak for you, but no, try to avoid doing so. If I make any assumptions at all, such as "easy mode raids would be easier to make than comparable unique content," or "they would have had Legendary armor by now with or without raids ever being a thing," these are *reasonable* assumptions *based on* the data available, rather than pulled from nowhere. They are the logical conclusions based on what we do know, and the most likely truth unless there is specific evidence to the contrary.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> Its pretty safe to assume we eouldnt get this skin if not for raids. Since they were a fresh new big feature added into the game the devs had to go hard reward wise as well tk back it up.

No they didn't. They added Stronghold PvP and didn't add any fancy rewards for that. You make two faulty premises here:

1. That they absolutely needed Legendary Armor as a sweetener for Raids. No, of course they didn't. If that were true then they never should have added raids in the first place, because if nobody would want to raid if not for the lure of Legendary armor, then it is not a gameplay mode worth supporting. You'd better *hope* that you're wrong about this, for the sake of your own position here.

2. That if not for the interest in rewarding raids, they never would have gotten around to making Legendary armor at all. Again, this is nonsense, they are on record discussing the idea already, they added a bunch of new Legendary Weapons with HoT, they added Legendary backpieces and trinkets to other parts of the game. There is absolutely no reason to believe that over the past two years they would not have gotten around to implementing Legendary armor using some other delivery method. If they had not considered adding Raids to HoT, then they still likely would have announced Legendary Armor as a standalone feature of the expansion, as they did with Gen2 weapons. Given that in this scenario they *wouldn't* have had raids to hype, this would have been a valuable replacement. At the *bare minimum* they would have been a hype feature of the PoF expansion.

There is just absolutely no reason to believe for a second that Legendary Armor just wouldn't have occurred to them without raids to put them in. You derail your own credibility by continuing to advance this conspiracy theory.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> >No we wouldn’t have had legendary armor if they didn’t add raids.

>

> Nonsense. Utter nonsense.

>

> They launched with Legendary weapons, they'd been discussing Legendary armor since launch, and over the past couple years they've added Legendary trinkets and backpieces that have nothing to do with raids. There's absolutely no reason to believe that Legendary armor would not have existed if not for raids.

>

> >And you know there is also the overall balance economy of the game to take into account. Imagine if the price of some mats in the game skyrocketed due to the the constraints of obtaining legendary armor like gen2 weapons, it would become insane for casual players.

>

> And that's why they need to keep an eye on the economy, and create increased supply to balance out increased demand. This is not an excuse to not act.

>

> >Obviously the devs know better than you. Or rather they knew better at the time they decided to tie legendary armor through raids imo.

>

> Or, you're just making random, baseless assumptions because you don't *want* Legendary armor outside of raids.

>

>

How is that utter nonsense ? Do you realize that the devs wanted to offer real endgame content ? That they took at heart the complaints over the years that endgame of guild wars 2 was pretty much buying expensive stuff from the TP by grinding mats and crafting time gated items only ?(stuff that you could as well bypass with real money).

And frankly....You are comparing single items with six armor pieces that has to take into account the race specific limitations. It is really not the same amount of work.

As for the economy, well sadly it seems like John Smith has left the company. I do hope that they create other open world sinks to resolve this issue as well.

As for the baseless assumptions......Well pretty much anyone is doing so I would say. I have no real stats to prove my point and so does you.

I also think we are way passed the point of proving our point, when in a thread about raid tiers of difficulty, you see the same group of 10 individuals at max camping their position in back to back arguments and having the same discussion over and over and over and over again that they have had in the past two years ago.

At the end of the day, it is is up to Anet devs to choose to which opinion they want to cater to.

/thread I have nothing more to add on this topic. Have fun talking about this endless topic.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> And how did stronghold end up?

Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > And how did stronghold end up?

>

> Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > And how did stronghold end up?

> >

> > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

>

> Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

"having rewards" does not immediately equal to "the only way to obtain legendary armor in the whole PvE"

And stronghold did have rewards. It just didn't have any _exclusive_ ones.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > And how did stronghold end up?

> > >

> > > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

> >

> > Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

> "having rewards" does not immediately equal to "the only way to obtain legendary armor in the whole PvE"

> And stronghold did have rewards. It just didn't have any _exclusive_ ones.

>

>

Hence the interest droped way faster. And again im fine with fractals or something other ( that could match dedication and challenge in pve) getting its own legendary armor but not the skin.

> @"flog.3485" said:

>How is that utter nonsense ? Do you realize that the devs wanted to offer real endgame content ? That they took at heart the complaints over the years that endgame of guild wars 2 was pretty much buying expensive stuff from the TP by grinding mats and crafting time gated items only ?(stuff that you could as well bypass with real money).

But again, **that has nothing to do with legendary armor.** It's like I'm saying "that restaurant could have tiramisu with or without adding lasagna to the entrees," and you keep repeating "don't you understand?! they have always wanted to have lasagna on the menu!!!" Well maybe they did? So what? That still doesn't mean that tiramisu could not exist without lasagna.

>And frankly....You are comparing single items with six armor pieces that has to take into account the race specific limitations. It is really not the same amount of work.

I'm not saying it's the same amount of work on their end, I'm just saying, that work would happen whether or not they made raids. The value in the work is that players will want and enjoy this new armor. The skins would apply MORE value to the game if more players can reasonably obtain them, so if you're arguing that the skins would only be worth making if they were raid rewards, then obviously not, they are *more* worth making as skins available elsewhere in the game.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > And how did stronghold end up?

> >

> > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

>

> Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

So do you believe that if Stronghold had unique rewards, it would have done better? I might agree on that, but if that were the case, did it *deserve* to do better, or was it just not a very fun gameplay mode and deserved to fail on that fact, rather than succeed as something players were bribed into participating in? Would PvP players be happier to be playing more stronghold for a unique reward, or be happier continuing to play Conquest?

>Hence the interest droped way faster. And again im fine with fractals or something other ( that could match dedication and challenge in pve) getting its own legendary armor but not the skin.

And I'm fine with raids having exclusive access to Legendary armor, but not to Envoy skins.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"flog.3485" said:

> >How is that utter nonsense ? Do you realize that the devs wanted to offer real endgame content ? That they took at heart the complaints over the years that endgame of guild wars 2 was pretty much buying expensive stuff from the TP by grinding mats and crafting time gated items only ?(stuff that you could as well bypass with real money).

>

> But again, **that has nothing to do with legendary armor.** It's like I'm saying "that restaurant could have tiramisu with or without adding lasagna to the entrees," and you keep repeating "don't you understand?! they have always wanted to have lasagna on the menu!!!" Well maybe they did? So what? That still doesn't mean that tiramisu could not exist without lasagna.

>

> >And frankly....You are comparing single items with six armor pieces that has to take into account the race specific limitations. It is really not the same amount of work.

>

> I'm not saying it's the same amount of work on their end, I'm just saying, that work would happen whether or not they made raids. The value in the work is that players will want and enjoy this new armor. The skins would apply MORE value to the game if more players can reasonably obtain them, so if you're arguing that the skins would only be worth making if they were raid rewards, then obviously not, they are *more* worth making as skins available elsewhere in the game.

>

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > And how did stronghold end up?

> > >

> > > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

> >

> > Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

>

> So do you believe that if Stronghold had unique rewards, it would have done better? I might agree on that, but if that were the case, did it *deserve* to do better, or was it just not a very fun gameplay mode and deserved to fail on that fact, rather than succeed as something players were bribed into participating in? Would PvP players be happier to be playing more stronghold for a unique reward, or be happier continuing to play Conquest?

>

> >Hence the interest droped way faster. And again im fine with fractals or something other ( that could match dedication and challenge in pve) getting its own legendary armor but not the skin.

>

> And I'm fine with raids having exclusive access to Legendary armor, but not to Envoy skins.

Well thats objectivelly a wrong aproach. Skins<< Utility locking legendary stuff is too much while skins are fine because the entire game is full of them.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > >How is that utter nonsense ? Do you realize that the devs wanted to offer real endgame content ? That they took at heart the complaints over the years that endgame of guild wars 2 was pretty much buying expensive stuff from the TP by grinding mats and crafting time gated items only ?(stuff that you could as well bypass with real money).

> >

> > But again, **that has nothing to do with legendary armor.** It's like I'm saying "that restaurant could have tiramisu with or without adding lasagna to the entrees," and you keep repeating "don't you understand?! they have always wanted to have lasagna on the menu!!!" Well maybe they did? So what? That still doesn't mean that tiramisu could not exist without lasagna.

> >

> > >And frankly....You are comparing single items with six armor pieces that has to take into account the race specific limitations. It is really not the same amount of work.

> >

> > I'm not saying it's the same amount of work on their end, I'm just saying, that work would happen whether or not they made raids. The value in the work is that players will want and enjoy this new armor. The skins would apply MORE value to the game if more players can reasonably obtain them, so if you're arguing that the skins would only be worth making if they were raid rewards, then obviously not, they are *more* worth making as skins available elsewhere in the game.

> >

> > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > And how did stronghold end up?

> > > >

> > > > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

> > >

> > > Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

> >

> > So do you believe that if Stronghold had unique rewards, it would have done better? I might agree on that, but if that were the case, did it *deserve* to do better, or was it just not a very fun gameplay mode and deserved to fail on that fact, rather than succeed as something players were bribed into participating in? Would PvP players be happier to be playing more stronghold for a unique reward, or be happier continuing to play Conquest?

> >

> > >Hence the interest droped way faster. And again im fine with fractals or something other ( that could match dedication and challenge in pve) getting its own legendary armor but not the skin.

> >

> > And I'm fine with raids having exclusive access to Legendary armor, but not to Envoy skins.

>

> Well thats objectivelly a wrong aproach. Skins<< Utility locking legendary stuff is too much while skins are fine because the entire game is full of them.

That's an entirely subjective opinion, which I disagree with. I don't care much at all about having Legendary armor, I care about having access to the skins. I forget which of my characters even *has* the proper Ascension backpiece.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > > > @"flog.3485" said:

> > > >How is that utter nonsense ? Do you realize that the devs wanted to offer real endgame content ? That they took at heart the complaints over the years that endgame of guild wars 2 was pretty much buying expensive stuff from the TP by grinding mats and crafting time gated items only ?(stuff that you could as well bypass with real money).

> > >

> > > But again, **that has nothing to do with legendary armor.** It's like I'm saying "that restaurant could have tiramisu with or without adding lasagna to the entrees," and you keep repeating "don't you understand?! they have always wanted to have lasagna on the menu!!!" Well maybe they did? So what? That still doesn't mean that tiramisu could not exist without lasagna.

> > >

> > > >And frankly....You are comparing single items with six armor pieces that has to take into account the race specific limitations. It is really not the same amount of work.

> > >

> > > I'm not saying it's the same amount of work on their end, I'm just saying, that work would happen whether or not they made raids. The value in the work is that players will want and enjoy this new armor. The skins would apply MORE value to the game if more players can reasonably obtain them, so if you're arguing that the skins would only be worth making if they were raid rewards, then obviously not, they are *more* worth making as skins available elsewhere in the game.

> > >

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > > > And how did stronghold end up?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you really think that stronghold fail had anything to do with them not having unique high-quality rewards and nothing with the content being poorly designed? Or are you suggesting you think raids without envoy set would be as big of a fail as stronghold is?

> > > >

> > > > Poorly designed and no rewards are equally bad for me.

> > >

> > > So do you believe that if Stronghold had unique rewards, it would have done better? I might agree on that, but if that were the case, did it *deserve* to do better, or was it just not a very fun gameplay mode and deserved to fail on that fact, rather than succeed as something players were bribed into participating in? Would PvP players be happier to be playing more stronghold for a unique reward, or be happier continuing to play Conquest?

> > >

> > > >Hence the interest droped way faster. And again im fine with fractals or something other ( that could match dedication and challenge in pve) getting its own legendary armor but not the skin.

> > >

> > > And I'm fine with raids having exclusive access to Legendary armor, but not to Envoy skins.

> >

> > Well thats objectivelly a wrong aproach. Skins<< Utility locking legendary stuff is too much while skins are fine because the entire game is full of them.

>

> That's an entirely subjective opinion, which I disagree with. I don't care much at all about having Legendary armor, I care about having access to the skins. I forget which of my characters even *has* the proper Ascension backpiece.

It really isnt. 1 is an entite armot tier the other is a skin. Id understand making an arguement for the armor tier but the gane is full of skins and having some in some places is ok. The game isfull of legendary armor and having 1 in 1 place for all pve isnt ok.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

>It really isnt. 1 is an entite armot tier the other is a skin.

And which matters more to you is entirely subjective. As you say, one is an entire armor tier (whcih does not have higher stats than the previous tier), and the other is a skin. The skin is more important.

If you disagree, and think that the skin is unimportant, then great, we aren't in conflict! Make the Legendary armor exclusive to raids, and open up the skins to be available elsewhere.

> @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> >It really isnt. 1 is an entite armot tier the other is a skin.

>

> And which matters more to you is entirely subjective. As you say, one is an entire armor tier (whcih does not have higher stats than the previous tier), and the other is a skin. The skin is more important.

>

> If you disagree, and think that the skin is unimportant, then great, we aren't in conflict! Make the Legendary armor exclusive to raids, and open up the skins to be available elsewhere.

>

>

I like how u read the line in what ever way makes sense to you. Bottom line is keep the skin in raids give pve an armor of it own (with its own skin)

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > >It really isnt. 1 is an entite armot tier the other is a skin.

> >

> > And which matters more to you is entirely subjective. As you say, one is an entire armor tier (whcih does not have higher stats than the previous tier), and the other is a skin. The skin is more important.

> >

> > If you disagree, and think that the skin is unimportant, then great, we aren't in conflict! Make the Legendary armor exclusive to raids, and open up the skins to be available elsewhere.

> >

> >

>

> I like how u read the line in what ever way makes sense to you. Bottom line is keep the skin in raids give pve an armor of it own (with its own skin)

And bottom line is, I couldn't care less about that. If the non-raid PvE skins looked cool to me, I might chase after those, but I would still be no less interested in opening up the raid skins through other means. It will never be about "something just as good."