I think the designers wasted a really nice idea for a legendary longbow.

Arden.7480

I was expecting the Storm Bow - before it was released the model was datamined and a lot of people predicted it would be a legendary.

The Fire-breathing longbow looks cool as an object, but as a bow it's far too huge and clunky for me. It's about the right length for a longbow but just doesn't look like a bow and as much as I like dragons that puts me off. So I'm glad it's not the legendary longbow because I'm hoping I might make that one, whatever it is, and if it looked like the Fire-breathing one I definitely wouldn't.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> I thought to myself before i open the link: is our next gen2 legendary is a longbow and this is a leak?

>

> Then i saw the image and i was in a relief. No offence OP, i do not want to see any more chinese style weapon especially a legendary tier, and i believe i am not alone.

Well, it'd be a first legendary weapon related to Cantha and their tradition.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > I thought to myself before i open the link: is our next gen2 legendary is a longbow and this is a leak?

> >

> > Then i saw the image and i was in a relief. No offence OP, i do not want to see any more chinese style weapon especially a legendary tier, and i believe i am not alone.

>

> Well, it'd be a first legendary weapon related to Cantha and their tradition.

The Cantha style i expected is more on the japanese style, instead of the chinese dragon style, they may looks similar to non-asian but actually quite different. I don't mind our expansions or LW story leads us to Cantha, indeed i seriously wish for it.

But GW1 Cantha style is not equal to Chinese style, it is mostly Japanese maxed with a little bit of Chinese elements.

I don't see how it is "Chinese style" just by having a dragon on the bow, or is anything dragon related now chinese? It looks pretty cool to me that it could even be included in some other nordic rpg games and it won't look out of place.

Pretty sure you only get the idea that it is chinese because it was released on chinese new year. Otherwise like OP said, it could be a great legendary skin for 2nd gen, similar to dreamer that shoots phonies, this could shoot dragons.

> But GW1 Cantha style is not equal to Chinese style, it is mostly Japanese maxed with a little bit of Chinese elements.

Kaineng looks like chinese slums.

A lot of china-like dragon motives.

Emperor's palace is basically chinese Forbidden City.

There are also many if not more Japanese/Samurai culture bits there, but the base for Canthan culture is clearly China.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > But GW1 Cantha style is not equal to Chinese style, it is mostly Japanese maxed with a little bit of Chinese elements.

>

> Kaineng looks like chinese slums.

>

> A lot of china-like dragon motives.

>

> Emperor's palace is basically chinese Forbidden City.

>

> There are also many if not more Japanese/Samurai culture bits there, but the base for Canthan culture is clearly China.

>

>

If you look at the building in Cantha starting area, it is more Japanese style than Chinese style, the little detail can tell.

I know the base idea is China, no deny about it, but the design direction is closer to japanese rather than chinese. If Cantha is released nowadays, GW1 could be banned in China for mixing japanese style into Chinese style. There was a TV drama got banned in China because the outfit looks closer to japanese style.

> @"Arden.7480" said:

> This longbow: https://imgur.com/a/qINFA

>

> If it would be smaller and have some special effects that would be really good legendary longbow. Just imagine how this dragon moves his wings and instead of normal arrows you throw small dragons. That'd be amazing.

OP, I agree with you... if this Blacklion chest long-bow had some tweaks done to its design, like the ones you mentioned, it could be made into a legendary which I'd probably craft. But as it is right now, I personally feel this LB looks a bit cheap... and BIG for the sake of being big. (And it also sits way too high on the player's back when stowed imo - looks awkward. :confused:)

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > > But GW1 Cantha style is not equal to Chinese style, it is mostly Japanese maxed with a little bit of Chinese elements.

> >

> > Kaineng looks like chinese slums.

> >

> > A lot of china-like dragon motives.

> >

> > Emperor's palace is basically chinese Forbidden City.

> >

> > There are also many if not more Japanese/Samurai culture bits there, but the base for Canthan culture is clearly China.

> >

> >

>

> If you look at the building in Cantha starting area, it is more Japanese style than Chinese style, the little detail can tell.

>

> I know the base idea is China, no deny about it, but the design direction is closer to japanese rather than chinese. If Cantha is released nowadays, GW1 could be banned in China for mixing japanese style into Chinese style. There was a TV drama got banned in China because the outfit looks closer to japanese style.

Shing Jea is definitely Japan, I agree

> @"Arden.7480" said:

>

> If it would be smaller and have some special effects that would be really good legendary longbow. Just imagine how this dragon moves his wings and instead of normal arrows you throw small dragons. That'd be amazing.

I have it but will never use it, because it's oversized and fugly.

No matter how great you think a skin is, there's a huge fraction of players who will hate it. No matter how much you dislike a skin, there's a similarly-large subset of the community that loves it. There are lots of awesome & cheap skins, plenty of awful & costly ones.

In other words, every skin is an opportunity for a great legendary. Every legendary is a missed opportunity of some sort for someone.

I happen to really like Storm Bow (another gem shop exclusive skin) and the Fire-Breathing Longbow skin (linked above). I like them just fine as gem shop skins; I'm not sure that they'd be substantially better as legendary skins (and there's a decent chance that they'd be worse, since some of the ANet designers think if a little ornamentation is good, then a metric-skritt-ton of ornamentation is even better).

> @"Arden.7480" said:

>

How about that rifle that was in the gemstore a few weeks ago? That's even better and has draw animations as well...

It's arguably a better legendary than the boatrifle.