Megaserver between regions

(First, sorry if this is the wrong location for this question, but I couldn't find an area that fit it exactly)

Background: I started Guild wars 2 in Montreal, Canada a few months back and all of my friends who play it are from the US and Canada so we're on various North America worlds. We have a guild for ourselves and we occasionally party together.

Fast-forward to today, I now live in Paris, France and I've noticed that usually when I play, most maps are empty. I assume this is because the European and the North American servers are separated and so I won't ever be put in with other Europeans. This has downgraded my game play since I am now level 80 and most areas require multiple players in order to be able to do anything. Thus I am considering switching worlds to a European world so that when I log on there are actually people playing.

My question is then related to the megaserver. Since I still occasionally play with my guild-mates who are in North America, will I be able to join them in game-play? Or since I'll be on the European world I won't ever be able to get on their server and thus we can no longer play together? If not, is it possible to then switch worlds every so often in order to switch to a North American server when my friends play and then switch to a European server when they're all asleep and/or at work.