• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > I've played gw's since GW1 was in beta, and in the last 2 months I have seen populations tank across the board. You can also see it reflected in how the tp prices have tanked with large supply an no buyers as in only vet people are playing and they are selling things,and nobody new is buying them so the economy sinks.

> > > >

> > > > I think the game needs new mechanics including Hero's and hench, but the way dungeons and raids are setup they probably won't work. I love how everyone on here is nitpicking threads by saying we'll technically this or that, the games population is shrinking irs very obvious, my evidence is observation and common sense.

> > >

> > > You know what will happen when LWS4 episode 2 hits. The population will pick back up again. It's the nature of the game. What you are seeing is just the wait for another episode. This is also observation and common sense.

> >

> > yah but this lull between episodes in the population is by far worse then anything I have seen, areas are deserted and you cant find anyone in LFG for most things.

>

> Just because this one is bad doesn't mean the population is dying that bad like you stated. Correlation is not the causation for this case. The population being low right now does not imply there is a massive decrease.

This is what I'm talking about, people asking for citations, and nitpicking posts apart. I'm a veteran of gw2 played since launch, a lot, and this population drop is the worst I've seen and this lull in population between living episodes is the worst I've seen, but keep retorting, it's easier for me to make my replies then it is for you.

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > I've played gw's since GW1 was in beta, and in the last 2 months I have seen populations tank across the board. You can also see it reflected in how the tp prices have tanked with large supply an no buyers as in only vet people are playing and they are selling things,and nobody new is buying them so the economy sinks.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think the game needs new mechanics including Hero's and hench, but the way dungeons and raids are setup they probably won't work. I love how everyone on here is nitpicking threads by saying we'll technically this or that, the games population is shrinking irs very obvious, my evidence is observation and common sense.

> > > >

> > > > You know what will happen when LWS4 episode 2 hits. The population will pick back up again. It's the nature of the game. What you are seeing is just the wait for another episode. This is also observation and common sense.

> > >

> > > yah but this lull between episodes in the population is by far worse then anything I have seen, areas are deserted and you cant find anyone in LFG for most things.

> >

> > Just because this one is bad doesn't mean the population is dying that bad like you stated. Correlation is not the causation for this case. The population being low right now does not imply there is a massive decrease.

>

> This is what I'm talking about, people asking for citations, and nitpicking posts apart. I'm a veteran of gw2 played since launch, a lot, and this population drop is the worst I've seen and this lull in population between living episodes is the worst I've seen, but keep retorting, it's easier for me to make my replies then it is for you.

I am not sure what you are getting at with my replies being harder. I see people all the time at the places I farm(BFF, Istan, Silverwastes), so I don't see this decrease as bad as you say it is. Also, don't pull the veteran BS card because that's all it is. Your time here does not validate your opinion above mine or anyone else when it comes to the observations.

How about this. Show me actual statistical charts and numbers taken by reputable sources, and then I might start giving credence to what you are saying on the population decrease. For the time being, you observations are just as good as mine.

> @"Palador.2170" said:

> **Question:** During the Living Story, there's an optional fight against a copy of yourself with a magic mirror. And in the Riverlands, there's an event that sets a doppelganger out after someone in the zone. How well do these copies use the skills the player has? Are they using them right? Poorly? Or just running a generic build that may have totally different skills/traits? This will tell us how well ANet is able to make the game run an NPC character with a player-made build.

To answer your question, the Legendary doppleganger uses skills and presumably some traits identical to the player bar. In Arcana Obscura the doppleganger uses weapon skills based on which weapon you're wielding when you activate. I wouldn't say they use their skill bars perfectly. But it's hard to tell on the Legendary doppleganger because it's usually pretty hectic regardless.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > snip

>

> All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

>

>

And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

> @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > snip

> >

> > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> >

> >

>

> And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

At this point, it is both sides just stating anecdotal evidence against each other because I have not seen charts and stats on the actual population for the opposing side to say they are right. It's more now who is yelling louder than the other person.

There I did some of it for the people saying it's dying and almost dead. https://inanage.com/2018/02/05/estimating-gw2s-population/

> > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > snip

> > >

> > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

>

> At this point, it is both sides just stating anecdotal evidence against each other because I have not seen charts and stats on the actual population for the opposing side to say they are right. It's more now who is yelling louder than the other person.

>

> There I did some of it for the people saying it's dying and almost dead. https://inanage.com/2018/02/05/estimating-gw2s-population/

It's a nice guess, but without actual numbers from Anet any guess at the current population is just that, a guess

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > snip

> > > >

> > > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Where is your evidence then of this so-called "decline" because all it sounds like so far is nay-sayer speak without any actual evidence to back it up.

> >

> > "the revenue is shrinking since LW S2."

>

> That is not evidence that relates to lack of population. For all we know more people could just be converting gold to gems instead of actual evidence. You need more concrete reason then that to prove any validity to your claims. Actual population charts and numbers would be a start.

I spend less than I used to. A lot less. Not because I don't play the same amount, but because I already have all the glider skins I could need, all the outfits I could possibly want, and mount skins are too much money to justify for me. Doesn't change the fact that I play for hours each day.

> @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > > > snip

> > > >

> > > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

> >

> > At this point, it is both sides just stating anecdotal evidence against each other because I have not seen charts and stats on the actual population for the opposing side to say they are right. It's more now who is yelling louder than the other person.

> >

> > There I did some of it for the people saying it's dying and almost dead. https://inanage.com/2018/02/05/estimating-gw2s-population/

>

> It's a nice guess, but without actual numbers from Anet any guess at the current population is just that, a guess

I know, but it's the best I could find at the moment. It's better than nothing though because a lot of what he writes makes sense money wise.

> @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > snip

> >

> > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> >

> >

>

> And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

> > > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > I've played gw's since GW1 was in beta, and in the last 2 months I have seen populations tank across the board. You can also see it reflected in how the tp prices have tanked with large supply an no buyers as in only vet people are playing and they are selling things,and nobody new is buying them so the economy sinks.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think the game needs new mechanics including Hero's and hench, but the way dungeons and raids are setup they probably won't work. I love how everyone on here is nitpicking threads by saying we'll technically this or that, the games population is shrinking irs very obvious, my evidence is observation and common sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > You know what will happen when LWS4 episode 2 hits. The population will pick back up again. It's the nature of the game. What you are seeing is just the wait for another episode. This is also observation and common sense.

> > > >

> > > > yah but this lull between episodes in the population is by far worse then anything I have seen, areas are deserted and you cant find anyone in LFG for most things.

> > >

> > > Just because this one is bad doesn't mean the population is dying that bad like you stated. Correlation is not the causation for this case. The population being low right now does not imply there is a massive decrease.

> >

> > This is what I'm talking about, people asking for citations, and nitpicking posts apart. I'm a veteran of gw2 played since launch, a lot, and this population drop is the worst I've seen and this lull in population between living episodes is the worst I've seen, but keep retorting, it's easier for me to make my replies then it is for you.

>

> I am not sure what you are getting at with my replies being harder. I see people all the time at the places I farm(BFF, Istan, Silverwastes), so I don't see this decrease as bad as you say it is. Also, don't pull the veteran BS card because that's all it is. Your time here does not validate your opinion above mine or anyone else when it comes to the observations.

>

> How about this. Show me actual statistical charts and numbers taken by reputable sources, and then I might start giving credence to what you are saying on the population decrease. For the time being, you observations are just as good as mine.

My time on the game does validate my opinion above yours, I can compare what I observed the population to be when the game launched, and at other points in the games history compared to what it is now. You have no time frame to reference, unlike me.

> > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > @"Doctor Hide.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > > > > > I've played gw's since GW1 was in beta, and in the last 2 months I have seen populations tank across the board. You can also see it reflected in how the tp prices have tanked with large supply an no buyers as in only vet people are playing and they are selling things,and nobody new is buying them so the economy sinks.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think the game needs new mechanics including Hero's and hench, but the way dungeons and raids are setup they probably won't work. I love how everyone on here is nitpicking threads by saying we'll technically this or that, the games population is shrinking irs very obvious, my evidence is observation and common sense.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You know what will happen when LWS4 episode 2 hits. The population will pick back up again. It's the nature of the game. What you are seeing is just the wait for another episode. This is also observation and common sense.

> > > > >

> > > > > yah but this lull between episodes in the population is by far worse then anything I have seen, areas are deserted and you cant find anyone in LFG for most things.

> > > >

> > > > Just because this one is bad doesn't mean the population is dying that bad like you stated. Correlation is not the causation for this case. The population being low right now does not imply there is a massive decrease.

> > >

> > > This is what I'm talking about, people asking for citations, and nitpicking posts apart. I'm a veteran of gw2 played since launch, a lot, and this population drop is the worst I've seen and this lull in population between living episodes is the worst I've seen, but keep retorting, it's easier for me to make my replies then it is for you.

> >

> > I am not sure what you are getting at with my replies being harder. I see people all the time at the places I farm(BFF, Istan, Silverwastes), so I don't see this decrease as bad as you say it is. Also, don't pull the veteran BS card because that's all it is. Your time here does not validate your opinion above mine or anyone else when it comes to the observations.

> >

> > How about this. Show me actual statistical charts and numbers taken by reputable sources, and then I might start giving credence to what you are saying on the population decrease. For the time being, you observations are just as good as mine.

>

> My time on the game does validate my opinion above yours, I can compare what I observed to be the population when the game launched and at other points compared to what it is now, and you have no frame of reference unlike me.

No, it doesn't validate yours above mine. If you are going to keep that elitist attitude up and refuse to listen, then I am ending this conversation since you think you are god and know everything. There is no point to continue it when the evidence is the opposite of what you claim. /cya

I don't oppose to provide heros for instanced content, like story instance, dungeon and low tier fractal. This will help new players to complete deserting instanced contents, but i oppose they can be used in openworld.

Then it is even better if there is gemstore item allow us to convert our alt into hero.

I don't know. When thinking about being dependent on Alesia to stay alive VS being able to sustain myself, I prefer the latter by OVER 9000!!!

To many deaths due to poor energy management and too many party wipes because of her running into the fray where 20 mobs are still trashing my lifeless corpse to revive me. Nay, nay, nay.

Of course, that's just my opinion.

> > > > snip

> > >

> > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > >

> > >

> >

> > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

>

> It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

My friends list has remained the same for the last 3 years. I have a few that are on pretty much every day and most logging in about once to twice a week.

Still trying to pass off anecdotal evidence as fact. My friends list, your friends list, or anyone's friends list is not an indication of player base.

So unless Anet drops some numbers it's just guessing. Please, stop trying to pass off opinion as fact. It invalidates any argument you are trying to make.

> @"Plautze.6290" said:

> I don't know. When thinking about being dependent on Alesia to stay alive VS being able to sustain myself, I prefer the latter by OVER 9000!!!

> To many deaths due to poor energy management and too many party wipes because of her running into the fray where 20 mobs are still trashing my lifeless corpse to revive me. Nay, nay, nay.

>

> Of course, that's just my opinion.

What?! Not a fan of having your healer charge into a giant blob of enemies to try to use Healing Touch? :P

Jokes aside, off the top of my head there is at least one AC path, CM story/all paths, TA aetherpath, one CoF path, all 3 CoE paths, all Arah paths that AIs would have trouble with. They would have to remake those paths to allow them to work with AIs and we already know they won't do any more work on dungeons. Most fractals wouldn't work either.

> > > > snip

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

Of course it’s a good idea to remember that the size of the game has greatly increased since launch, so it’s hardly fair to compare vanilla gw apparent map population density to current gw. Even if they had the same number of people now as at launch the maps would look emptier now as everyone is spread out over more area.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > > > snip

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

> >

> > It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

>

> Of course it’s a good idea to remember that the size of the game has greatly increased since launch, so it’s hardly fair to compare vanilla gw apparent map population density to current gw. Even if they had the same number of people now as at launch the maps would look emptier now as everyone is spread out over more area.

He said nothing about map density

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > snip

> > > > >

> > > > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

> > >

> > > It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

> >

> > Of course it’s a good idea to remember that the size of the game has greatly increased since launch, so it’s hardly fair to compare vanilla gw apparent map population density to current gw. Even if they had the same number of people now as at launch the maps would look emptier now as everyone is spread out over more area.

>

> He said nothing about map density

While he didn’t use the words map population density he did say, in various posts

>I have seen populations tank across the board.

>areas are deserted

> this population drop is the worst I've seen

All those, deserted areas, seen population drop, etc refers to seeing less people on the maps, aka map population density.

I don't see a reason for adding henchmen like in GW1. There's plenty of folks around most of the time that usually battle along with you even without asking for help.

The gameplay is a lot different in GW2 compared to GW1. Where you actually needed henchmen in GW1 you can get around most anything solo in GW2.

And then there are the pets, like the Rock Dog from the Ogre Armor Runes and the Parrot from the Privateer Runes. And for those that prefer a permanent sidekick there are the Ranger and Necro class pets or the elemental pets for the Elementalist Class. Maybe i even missed one or two.

Guild Wars 2 is definitely NOT a GW1 henchmen-type game.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > @"ImTasty.2163" said:

> > > > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > > snip

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All your "arguments" are based on anecdotal evidence. Game is losing players - the revenue is shrinking since LW S2. Community is in decline. I'm pretty sure there are no more than 500k monthly active players in total

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > And your argument is based on anecdotal evidence as well. I would love to see where Anet has stated there are no more than 500k monthly active players.

> > > >

> > > > It's really obvious that the population has cleared out lol, just log into the game or check your friends list or play the tp

> > >

> > > Of course it’s a good idea to remember that the size of the game has greatly increased since launch, so it’s hardly fair to compare vanilla gw apparent map population density to current gw. Even if they had the same number of people now as at launch the maps would look emptier now as everyone is spread out over more area.

> >

> > He said nothing about map density

>

> While he didn’t use the words map population density he did say, in various posts

So maybe adress the post you are quoting. You never debunked his examples.