"memory game" mastery points and short term memory disabilties

dusanyu.4057

I hope a Anet staff reads this.

I hearche the point where i have to get the springer to continue in the story, but to so this i have to master the level 3 jump. mastery i am currently one point away from this however, the only mastery points i can reach without the springer require memory game type play which posed a isse for some like me whom suffered a drain injury due to a I.E.D. plese concider adding more "ground level" masteries that don't require memory game play.

Thank you a Long time fan

I hope the OP can find someone to aid. The problem may be in the MP being "instanced" (phased?) to the player. I'm not sure the one with the lighting up consoles lights up for anyone not doing the puzzle. If it did, the helper could run to the correct sequence for the OP to follow.

An idea: Get on voice chat with a friend. Assign numbers to the six glowing consoles (I used 1 2 3 from left up to apex, then 4 5 6 coming back down the right side). Say the number out loud as it lights up, then have your friend repeat that sequence to tell you which ones to run to. (I just said it out loud to myself and repeated it as I ran, but my short term memory lasts long enough for that to work for me). I saw someone during beta suggest writing the numbers down as they light, then using that sequence to repeat. Depends on how legibly you can scrawl numbers in a hurry.

I’m going to wager there will be an overabundance of MPs so that some can be skipped to avoid the truly maddening frustration for players that struggle with certain content. This is why the airship MP in VB remains unfinished by me as well as several silver and gold adventure rewards. Yet I was able to finally get my last non-raid mastery this week.

> @xarallei.4279 said:

> Wait they put in another stupid puzzle type thing for mastery points? Really? Why Anet? Why?

Well, this puzzle in particular is a reference to the teleport mechanism of the Crystal Desert in Guild Wars Prophecies, that's how it worked back then. There's also an NPC who talks about the good old times if I remember correctly from the demo

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Teleporter

Draw six circles in the same positions as the consoles. Do several sets. When the first console lights up, put your pen on the respective circle. When the next console lights up, draw a line to the next respective circle. Keep going until the last console is done and draw an arrow head on the end of your line. Then just follow the arrow to active the consoles in the correct order.

> @dusanyu.4057 said:

> I hope a Anet staff reads this.

> I hearche the point where i have to get the springer to continue in the story, but to so this i have to master the level 3 jump. mastery i am currently one point away from this however, the only mastery points i can reach without the springer require memory game type play which posed a isse for some like me whom suffered a drain injury due to a I.E.D. plese concider adding more "ground level" masteries that don't require memory game play.

>

> Thank you a Long time fan

Something one of my guildies mentioned to me helped me a ton (I also suffer from bad short-term memory). Assign a number to each of the bells (for example the top left one is #1, the one below that is #2, etc.) and say the number to yourself when that specific bell sounds off. It took me a few tries but after using that system I eventually got it.