End of Jumping Puzzles

Tom Gore.4035

I just finished the last of the JPs. More for AP than anything. I think the mounts make most of them pointless now because you take away the challenge. Some JPs you can't mount up and others you can. A few have checkpoints. LA for example hop and fly and do in a matter of minutes. Free loot daily :p With PoF maybe there was an issue incorporating them. I would rather see content than JPs.

> @"Tom Gore.4035" said:

> > @"Ohoni.6057" said:

> > Part of the difficulty with JPs in PoF is the mounts. They didn't want to artificially clamp down on mount freedom since it was their showcase for them, but that made it a bit tricky to design truly challenging JPs. Yereton mentioned the Bone Palace "JP," but you can trivialize that one with a Griffon. There are plenty of tricky to reach locations, but at the end of the day complex puzzles are made a bit trickier. Any good puzzle needs to be specifically designed to not be something you can just fly into, unless you just want to be a jerk about it and put up a no-fly field.

> >

> > I would be interested in seeing a truly mount-crazy JP though, hopefully not one too punishing, but one designed so that the only way to successfully move through it is to recognize which mount you need to use for specific purposes, like jumps that only a Raptor can make (a Griffon would bounce off a ceiling), then you need to skim across some water and up through a tunnel onto a rise where you need a Springer, just constantly flipping mounts around, hopefully in some new and creative ways. It would be especially interesting if they could figure out how to use their attacks too, like have terrain obstacles that you can "kill" by using a Springer cannonball, otherwise it will damage you or something, or have critters that you need to "rez" with a Skimmer to perform some function.

>

> On the other hand, the volcano JP in Ring of Fire demonstrated fairly well how problematic designing JPs even with just gliders is. People were literally tearing their hair off on that JP, sometimes just because in many cases you had no clear indication where to (try to) go next.

>

> I would be super happy with more "classic" JPs that are no-mount, no-fly zones (maybe even no-portal). Just your trusty legs and a spacebar. The best part here is, everyone is on the same level here and grinding/buying your way into a better mount does not give you an advantage.

>

I would argue that the biggest problem with Chalice of Tears is that there are way too many "slippery surfaces" for no apparent reason. There are too many cases where you have to jump up/on something but only a tiny spot on that surface actually works. Also initially there was no way to tell if you missed a checkpoint. A disconnect will also wipe out any progress.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > As far as I know, the only "jumping puzzle" in PoF is that djinn palace with the sand portals at Crystal Oasis, which barely has any difficulty anyway.

> >

> > And yeah, I'm sad as well. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, and we haven't gotten any since the previous Living World season :cry:.

> >

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > They generally introduce jumping puzzles in Living World, not expansions. HoT had none, but LS3 had some big ones.

> >

> > [Don't lie, HoT had at least five of them.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jumping_puzzle#Heart_of_Maguuma)

>

> If you would read the thread the ones for masteries and adventures were already spoken about. I was not aware of the (few) others, and its kind of unfair to call someone a liar when it is simply a lack of information and not trying to be misleading in their response.

Instead of getting offended about semantics and reporting me, you could just admit your mistake and correct your previous false statement, which is still there. Use the edit button to fix it so no one is misinformed.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > As far as I know, the only "jumping puzzle" in PoF is that djinn palace with the sand portals at Crystal Oasis, which barely has any difficulty anyway.

> >

> > And yeah, I'm sad as well. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, and we haven't gotten any since the previous Living World season :cry:.

> >

> > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > They generally introduce jumping puzzles in Living World, not expansions. HoT had none, but LS3 had some big ones.

> >

> > [Don't lie, HoT had at least five of them.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jumping_puzzle#Heart_of_Maguuma)

>

> No, there's the one you have to do with the jackal at Crystal oasis. The Djinn one is a mini-dungeon.

> I'm hoping they'll get added in LW4 maps.

Which one are you talking about? There are no minidungeons in Crystal Oasis.

> @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > As far as I know, the only "jumping puzzle" in PoF is that djinn palace with the sand portals at Crystal Oasis, which barely has any difficulty anyway.

> > >

> > > And yeah, I'm sad as well. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, and we haven't gotten any since the previous Living World season :cry:.

> > >

> > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > They generally introduce jumping puzzles in Living World, not expansions. HoT had none, but LS3 had some big ones.

> > >

> > > [Don't lie, HoT had at least five of them.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jumping_puzzle#Heart_of_Maguuma)

> >

> > If you would read the thread the ones for masteries and adventures were already spoken about. I was not aware of the (few) others, and its kind of unfair to call someone a liar when it is simply a lack of information and not trying to be misleading in their response.

>

> Instead of getting offended about semantics and reporting me, you could just admit your mistake and correct your previous false statement, which is still there. Use the edit button to fix it so no one is misinformed.

>

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > @"Lonami.2987" said:

> > > As far as I know, the only "jumping puzzle" in PoF is that djinn palace with the sand portals at Crystal Oasis, which barely has any difficulty anyway.

> > >

> > > And yeah, I'm sad as well. Definitely one of my favorite parts of the game, and we haven't gotten any since the previous Living World season :cry:.

> > >

> > > > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > > They generally introduce jumping puzzles in Living World, not expansions. HoT had none, but LS3 had some big ones.

> > >

> > > [Don't lie, HoT had at least five of them.](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jumping_puzzle#Heart_of_Maguuma)

> >

> > No, there's the one you have to do with the jackal at Crystal oasis. The Djinn one is a mini-dungeon.

> > I'm hoping they'll get added in LW4 maps.

>

> Which one are you talking about? There are no minidungeons in Crystal Oasis.

There's the JUMPING PUZZLE in crystal Oasis. The one you do with the jackal in Sanctum of Nabkha, according to the wiki it's classified as a Mini-Dungeon. And apparently there's **another** mini dungeon that i wasn't aware of in the same area.

Weirdly enough the Lair of Zomorros isn't marked as a minidungeon in the wiki...