Living Word Season 4 Episode 2 - "A Bug in the System" Trailer [merged]

Kronos.3695

I don't get it, what makes this trailer incredible and one of the better ones? I am totally lost cuz I haven't felt like it is anything really special and it doesn't invite me to play it, it feels just alright/normal for me, so can someone explain me?

Except for the music, it is great and I would like to hear the whole soundtrack

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > @"lokh.2695" said:

>

> > Same, the main thing I remember about it was how bad the textures looked during the close up of Rox on the floor. it looked like something from 2005...

>

> That's not Rox. Look at the horn structure and color.

Pfft , TBH I was hoping it was Rox dieing... Wishfull thinking I guess.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Sarpan.9074" said:

> > > @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > > > @"lokh.2695" said:

> >

> > > Same, the main thing I remember about it was how bad the textures looked during the close up of Rox on the floor. it looked like something from 2005...

> >

> > That's not Rox. Look at the horn structure and color.

>

> Pfft , TBH I was hoping it was Rox dieing... Wishfull thinking I guess.

Took all of 15 seconds, but to each his own, including levels of snark.

If this is the output of the "Talking about marketing" thread, then kudos to arena.net and I take back all my previous scepticism about the talking back then. This is one of the very, very, few gaming trailers that actually sent a shiver down my spine and gave me goose bumps.

The first part with this cinematic trailer style made me giggle and just when I thought "ok, now this is a fresh, new approach, I like" *BAMM* this brilliant new version of "Fear not this night" kicks in and shifts the whole atmosphere of the trailer. Also reminds me of the OST from "Queen of the Damned".

If the new LS episode's quality is on the same level as this trailer, then we'll have some joyfull hours of playtime ahead. Very well done so far!

Edit: noticed on viewing it the second time: at the beginning there's a really nice tango-style variation of the original GW theme. Nice!

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > Great trailer. Look forward to this patch.

> > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > >

> > > It just isn’t working.

> >

> > Agreed. Braham needs a redemption story arc.

>

> Braham needs to die. Together with Rox and Kasmeer. They already introduced too many flavourless characters and have no idea what to do with them.

>

> Oh and Taimi. Please kill her finally.

Are their any characters you don't want killed?

> @"DarcShriek.5829" said:

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Brother.1504" said:

> > > Great trailer. Look forward to this patch.

> > > > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > > Can we please stop with the “angry”-angle with Braham?

> > > >

> > > > It just isn’t working.

> > >

> > > Agreed. Braham needs a redemption story arc.

> >

> > Braham needs to die. Together with Rox and Kasmeer. They already introduced too many flavourless characters and have no idea what to do with them.

> >

> > Oh and Taimi. Please kill her finally.

>

> Are their any characters you don't want killed?

Marjory started as cool, noir character. Then she met Kasmeer and became a whiny emo auntie.

Rytlock is cool. But Canach is even better.

Phlunt is great. Eir was awesome but her son must got most his genes from his father.

Personally, I really like this trailer. They tried something _different_, and because of that, I had a lot of fun watching it. In my opinion, it didn't feel as stiff as some of the other trailers have felt to me in the past, like they're trying to relax and have more fun with the process, which I appreciate. This shows that the marketing team is actually listening to the feedback the community is providing them, and to me, this felt more like an actual trailer than others.

> @"Mikali.9651" said:

> I don't get it, what makes this trailer incredible and one of the better ones? I am totally lost cuz I haven't felt like it is anything really special and it doesn't invite me to play it, it feels just alright/normal for me, so can someone explain me?

>

> Except for the music, it is great and I would like to hear the whole soundtrack

It has basic structure in itself, it present content clearly, it has a certain rhythm and story. It combines humor and creepiness, has awesome music, and the diverse elements have varying levels of relevance so the important things are accentuated. It has some mystery without being obvious in it.

It is not just a bunch of random epic scenes pasted together all in your face, with the same mood and a few cryptic hermeneutics no one gets.

> Remember to follow all safety protocols when viewing the trailer ...

I fear some people forgot to do that. :(

This is maybe my favorite trailer to date:

* It offers clues to the story without giving anything away.

* The tension builds as the trailer moves forward

* We get glimpses of the environment|foes|allies, without (again) anything being given away.

* Nice preview of the new Legendary.

* Academy Award for Best Cover Version of Own Song in a Sequel (and I say that as someone who lacks as much appreciation for the game's music, as many forum posters seem to have — I loved how it helped to grow the tension).

* Good use of humor, without "ruining the moment" (as happens with all-too-many trailers of various sorts for film as well as vidya games).

tl;dr well done

Colour me hyped!

Would second the praise given to the marketing peeps - that was a good trailer right there. The map being an asuran lab is not a surprise but what I find interesting is how much of the footage shown is of a compact indoor area. Perhaps large parts of the map will not be heavily focused on mount navigation? Would be a nice change of pace to go back to moving on foot for a while. Certainly I think the footage makes less plausible the theory that this map will be the one to introduce the Shadhavar/Group mount.

Instead this is my current tinfoil hat theory for the mastery introduced in this episode: I think it might be the D.Coy golem suit! Notice the animation that plays when the commander "suits up" - for previous one-off story instance transformations the game has done a simple instantaneous model swap. The level of detail shown this time suggests to me that the player might be able to transform into golem mode multiple times. That is unless this is just a visual trick of the trailer of course.