Is Chronomancer viable for all activities?

Sengo.7025

Hello,

Im new player and I am thinking about getting the Heart of Thorns expansion for starters, because I don't want to make a commitment by buying the newer expansion.

I enjoy playing support dps class and from the specs it looks like Chronomancer is the best bet from the HoT specializations.

I find being mage and tanky at the same time cool and I also enjoy the class fantasy.

Therefore I want to ask if Chronomancer is currently viable for PvE, PvP and some solo roaming, as mentioend I would primarily play it as a support(the big fights in WvW honestly just look like AoE spam to me)

Thanks

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

>

> Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> For solo PvE, Mirage has higher and easier to achieve DPS as well as better defense but Chrono has better burst and, with the Might and quickness power Chrono can generate, I wouldn't be surprised if in solo settings it had the higher DPS.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the strength of PvE mirage lies in the ability to stack up clones and roll through IH procs. Before the confusion *changes* you could basically run a shatter rotation to mow things down pretty quickly, but that's not an option anymore. Chrono is absolutely going to have better dps outside of the occasional champ that you hit.

> > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> >

> > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

>

> Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> >

> > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

>

> Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

Mirage relies on condis to deal damage. So most enemies that last less than a second to Power Shatter Chrono, it already performs worse. Not to mention it doesn't provide itself tons of boons outside of preShattering before a fight and occasional random boons from Chaos, which it also needs to achieve 100% Condition Duration while Power Spamtasm Shatter Chrono has tons through Phantasmal Haste and Phantasmal Force and is less reliant on the number of boons. In terms off AoE, Jaunt doesn't offer much damage since the confusion nerf, though it does tag pretty well since it has no target limit. On the other hand, Chrono's spamtasms are now mostly AoE. Swordsman, Berserker, Warden, Disenchanter, Defender offer a lot of AoE damage (not really on Warden because it is single target axes that hit targets randomly), in addition to having Focus to pull, Well of Calamity and Gravity Well. In short, Chrono looks better now for solo-play.

> >

>

I recently switched from Chrono to Mirage to check it out. I doubt I will go back to Chrono.

> @"otto.5684" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > >

> > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> >

> > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

>

> Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

>

> Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

>

>

Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

Lol Mirage better sustain than the actual tank of choice for raids, jesus...

Seriously can you get things more wrong?

@"Refia Montes.3205" Mirage has more aoe than Jaunt, and all are better than wells, or any phantasm, even just the ambush skills alone make mirage better for pve. Trust me, since raids came out i've played a ton of Chrono, and i actually "stole" my necro's gear to get stuff done on open world as mirage because it was that more efficient.

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > >

> > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > >

> > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> >

> > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> >

> > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> >

> >

>

> Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

>

Linking raidar as an indication of class balance lol. The thing is, most hardcore tryhard guilds like SC, Qt (they're pretty dead but some of their members still exist.), Es, DnT don't bother with uploading their own logs into the site. We know for a fact that these guilds would use Weaver, Holosmith or Dragonhunter for most Power damage encounters. From there alone, it's rather obvious that the site is skewed and isn't a good representation of a class' potential or even average performance. For all we could know, someone just tested "Power" Mirage on the Golem once, uploaded it and never bothered to play it outside the Golem. Hence the 0.00% popularity. Other builds could easily go down the drain once they apply it to real raids which they do.

Oh also, I do play both Mirage and Chrono. Each has its use in its own fights, but both of them are rather similar in terms of AoE. They're only different in a sense that one's Power and the other condi. Use power for more bursty fights and condis for long-bosses.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > > >

> > > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > > >

> > > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> > >

> > > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> > >

> > > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> > And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> > https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

> >

>

> Linking raidar as an indication of class balance lol. The thing is, most hardcore tryhard guilds like SC, Qt (they're pretty dead but some of their members still exist.), Es, DnT don't bother with uploading their own logs into the site. We know for a fact that these guilds would use Weaver, Holosmith or Dragonhunter for most Power damage encounters. From there alone, it's rather obvious that the site is skewed and isn't a good representation of a class' potential or even average performance. For all we could know, someone just tested "Power" Mirage on the Golem once, uploaded it and never bothered to play it outside the Golem. Hence the 0.00% popularity. Other builds could easily go down the drain once they apply it to real raids which they do.

>

> Oh also, I do play both Mirage and Chrono. Each has its use in its own fights, but both of them are rather similar in terms of AoE. They're only different in a sense that one's Power and the other condi. Use power for more bursty fights and condis for long-bosses.

Do you even know how Raidar Works? Results shown there are from **at minimum** 10 completed Raid encounters, so hardly a guy hitting the golem only.

And its easy to understand why those builds are not the most popular, power Chrono is used a lot in the support Role, so it will always be shown as popular, even if it's not used as a DPS role (median damage for Power Chrono is in the 5k region, so not awesome, power Mirage isn't better, but then again that's not where Mirage's best performance comes out), and on the same site, Condi Mirage shows 2x more damage than power Chrono or Mirage. Power Mesmer is pretty close though.

So because the top elite guilds don't post there it skews the results? Wouldn't it be the other way?

But if you think Snow Crows is a better source of information, they benchmark Mirage doing 2000 more DPS than Chrono, so again Mirage > Power Chrono.

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > > > >

> > > > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> > > >

> > > > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> > > >

> > > > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> > > And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> > > https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

> > >

> >

> > Linking raidar as an indication of class balance lol. The thing is, most hardcore tryhard guilds like SC, Qt (they're pretty dead but some of their members still exist.), Es, DnT don't bother with uploading their own logs into the site. We know for a fact that these guilds would use Weaver, Holosmith or Dragonhunter for most Power damage encounters. From there alone, it's rather obvious that the site is skewed and isn't a good representation of a class' potential or even average performance. For all we could know, someone just tested "Power" Mirage on the Golem once, uploaded it and never bothered to play it outside the Golem. Hence the 0.00% popularity. Other builds could easily go down the drain once they apply it to real raids which they do.

> >

> > Oh also, I do play both Mirage and Chrono. Each has its use in its own fights, but both of them are rather similar in terms of AoE. They're only different in a sense that one's Power and the other condi. Use power for more bursty fights and condis for long-bosses.

>

> Do you even know how Raidar Works? Results shown there are from **at minimum** 10 completed Raid encounters, so hardly a guy hitting the golem only.

> And its easy to understand why those builds are not the most popular, power Chrono is used a lot in the support Role, so it will always be shown as popular, even if it's not used as a DPS role (median damage for Power Chrono is in the 5k region, so not awesome, power Mirage isn't better, but then again that's not where Mirage's best performance comes out), and on the same site, Condi Mirage shows 2x more damage than power Chrono or Mirage. Power Mesmer is pretty close though.

> So because the top elite guilds don't post there it skews the results? Wouldn't it be the other way?

>

> But if you think Snow Crows is a better source of information, they benchmark Mirage doing 2000 more DPS than Chrono, so again Mirage > Power Chrono.

Are you still talking about solo pve content?

Because in soloplay you wont have raid buffs available - and boons have a huge influence on your damage output.

A power dps chrono has access to a decent amount of self quickness, alacrity, might and fury, while all Mirage gets is vigor and fury.

Even when taking sword, Mirage won't get nearly as much might from the phantasm, as a chrono would (chrono casts it much more frequently).

So you see, those 2k more golem dps that Mirage has are far from realistic in solo play...actually chrono would likely pull ahead.

Edit: that being said, the mirage dmg rotation is a lot easier to maintain

> @"Geisterlicht.6083" said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> > > > >

> > > > > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> > > > >

> > > > > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> > > > And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> > > > https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

> > > >

> > >

> > > Linking raidar as an indication of class balance lol. The thing is, most hardcore tryhard guilds like SC, Qt (they're pretty dead but some of their members still exist.), Es, DnT don't bother with uploading their own logs into the site. We know for a fact that these guilds would use Weaver, Holosmith or Dragonhunter for most Power damage encounters. From there alone, it's rather obvious that the site is skewed and isn't a good representation of a class' potential or even average performance. For all we could know, someone just tested "Power" Mirage on the Golem once, uploaded it and never bothered to play it outside the Golem. Hence the 0.00% popularity. Other builds could easily go down the drain once they apply it to real raids which they do.

> > >

> > > Oh also, I do play both Mirage and Chrono. Each has its use in its own fights, but both of them are rather similar in terms of AoE. They're only different in a sense that one's Power and the other condi. Use power for more bursty fights and condis for long-bosses.

> >

> > Do you even know how Raidar Works? Results shown there are from **at minimum** 10 completed Raid encounters, so hardly a guy hitting the golem only.

> > And its easy to understand why those builds are not the most popular, power Chrono is used a lot in the support Role, so it will always be shown as popular, even if it's not used as a DPS role (median damage for Power Chrono is in the 5k region, so not awesome, power Mirage isn't better, but then again that's not where Mirage's best performance comes out), and on the same site, Condi Mirage shows 2x more damage than power Chrono or Mirage. Power Mesmer is pretty close though.

> > So because the top elite guilds don't post there it skews the results? Wouldn't it be the other way?

> >

> > But if you think Snow Crows is a better source of information, they benchmark Mirage doing 2000 more DPS than Chrono, so again Mirage > Power Chrono.

>

> Are you still talking about solo pve content?

>

> Because in soloplay you wont have raid buffs available - and boons have a huge influence on your damage output.

>

> A power dps chrono has access to a decent amount of self quickness, alacrity, might and fury, while all Mirage gets is vigor and fury.

> Even when taking sword, Mirage won't get nearly as much might from the phantasm, as a chrono would (chrono casts it much more frequently).

>

> So you see, those 2k more golem dps that Mirage has are far from realistic in solo play...actually chrono would likely pull ahead.

>

> Edit: that being said, the mirage dmg rotation is a lot easier to maintain

No, i'm talking about damage potential in general for PvE.

The amount of boons seriously depends on the build. If he's playing what's basically the support build, he'll have all those boons, but less DPS than with a Power/Shatter build for group PvE at least.

I mean in all honesty for solo PvE you can do it with full celestial Rare gear and a stick, even in HoT if you play smart.

I finished half my HoT exploration on my Necro before i realized i had forgotten to equip the stuff i had crafted for it (and was sitting on the bank) and was still running around with map completion lvl 78 exotics and a couple lvl 30 rares...

Heck, i've been doing stuff in HoT (mainly the mussel farm and some events on the way) with **no armor** since i had that loaned to my Mesmer to finish world explore with her.

Builds and gear will only matter when he starts doing group stuff, Fractals and Raids. And as a support, Chrono will be great in both. As a pure DPS, Chrono is a decent choice, especially since the Phantasm rework, but **Mirage is better**. And people saying otherwise need to start facing reality.

> > @"Geisterlicht.6083" said:

> > > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > > > > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > > > > > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> > > > > And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> > > > > https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Linking raidar as an indication of class balance lol. The thing is, most hardcore tryhard guilds like SC, Qt (they're pretty dead but some of their members still exist.), Es, DnT don't bother with uploading their own logs into the site. We know for a fact that these guilds would use Weaver, Holosmith or Dragonhunter for most Power damage encounters. From there alone, it's rather obvious that the site is skewed and isn't a good representation of a class' potential or even average performance. For all we could know, someone just tested "Power" Mirage on the Golem once, uploaded it and never bothered to play it outside the Golem. Hence the 0.00% popularity. Other builds could easily go down the drain once they apply it to real raids which they do.

> > > >

> > > > Oh also, I do play both Mirage and Chrono. Each has its use in its own fights, but both of them are rather similar in terms of AoE. They're only different in a sense that one's Power and the other condi. Use power for more bursty fights and condis for long-bosses.

> > >

> > > Do you even know how Raidar Works? Results shown there are from **at minimum** 10 completed Raid encounters, so hardly a guy hitting the golem only.

> > > And its easy to understand why those builds are not the most popular, power Chrono is used a lot in the support Role, so it will always be shown as popular, even if it's not used as a DPS role (median damage for Power Chrono is in the 5k region, so not awesome, power Mirage isn't better, but then again that's not where Mirage's best performance comes out), and on the same site, Condi Mirage shows 2x more damage than power Chrono or Mirage. Power Mesmer is pretty close though.

> > > So because the top elite guilds don't post there it skews the results? Wouldn't it be the other way?

> > >

> > > But if you think Snow Crows is a better source of information, they benchmark Mirage doing 2000 more DPS than Chrono, so again Mirage > Power Chrono.

> >

> > Are you still talking about solo pve content?

> >

> > Because in soloplay you wont have raid buffs available - and boons have a huge influence on your damage output.

> >

> > A power dps chrono has access to a decent amount of self quickness, alacrity, might and fury, while all Mirage gets is vigor and fury.

> > Even when taking sword, Mirage won't get nearly as much might from the phantasm, as a chrono would (chrono casts it much more frequently).

> >

> > So you see, those 2k more golem dps that Mirage has are far from realistic in solo play...actually chrono would likely pull ahead.

> >

> > Edit: that being said, the mirage dmg rotation is a lot easier to maintain

> No, i'm talking about damage potential in general for PvE.

> The amount of boons seriously depends on the build. If he's playing what's basically the support build, he'll have all those boons, but less DPS than with a Power/Shatter build for group PvE at least.

>

> I mean in all honesty for solo PvE you can do it with full celestial Rare gear and a stick, even in HoT if you play smart.

> I finished half my HoT exploration on my Necro before i realized i had forgotten to equip the stuff i had crafted for it (and was sitting on the bank) and was still running around with map completion lvl 78 exotics and a couple lvl 30 rares...

> Heck, i've been doing stuff in HoT (mainly the mussel farm and some events on the way) with **no armor** since i had that loaned to my Mesmer to finish world explore with her.

>

> Builds and gear will only matter when he starts doing group stuff, Fractals and Raids. And as a support, Chrono will be great in both. As a pure DPS, Chrono is a decent choice, especially since the Phantasm rework, but **Mirage is better**. And people saying otherwise need to start facing reality.

>

First we talk about open world Solo-build scenarios, which I've proven where Chrono would be better. Then link raidar as an indication of Mirage being better even on a Power build, then proceed to its condi variant. I'd like to also mention when you get into the nitty gritty parts of raidar, where you look at each specific boss, there's no Power Mirage ever. So, can we stick to one topic at a time please?

Anyways, 2k dps difference yes, it comes with a price of being a build up. It takes over 45 seconds before a Mirage can output as much as DPS as a Chrono. While a Chrono can upfront 40k dps on the first few seconds. The thing is, if in a certain encounter burst would be valued more, it would be much better to run a Power build. Look at fractal CM bosses, KC and on others if you really want to base from raidar. Since, those are multiple phase fights, as expected Power Chronomancer outdpses even Condi Mirage there. The 2k dps difference is an off-set of being a Condi build which relies on heavy build up. Mirage isn't generally better. It is better on single target bosses that doesn't have much splits.

Lmfao is so funny to see how People have no idea what they're talking about when they say that mirage, a "CONDI SPEC" can be a better POWER spec on PvE against a CHRONO that has full-shatter traits, along with rift....

The choice is simple:

A) Want Condi damage for either PvP or PvE? Go Mirage

B) Want the maximum amount of damage and doesnt care if condi or power? Go Mirage

C) Want maximum sustain/tankyness? Go Chrono

D) Want maximum power damage? Go Chrono

E) Want maxium Support? Go Chrono

F) Want the most awesome spec ever made? Go Chrono

i hope that sums it all

> @"KeoLegend.5132" said:

> Lmfao is so funny to see how People have no idea what they're talking about when they say that mirage, a "CONDI SPEC" can be a better POWER spec on PvE against a CHRONO that has full-shatter traits, along with rift....

> The choice is simple:

>

> A) Want Condi damage for either PvP or PvE? Go Mirage

> B) Want the maximum amount of damage and doesnt care if condi or power? Go Mirage

> C) Want maximum sustain/tankyness? Go Chrono

> D) Want maximum power damage? Go Chrono

> E) Want maxium Support? Go Chrono

> F) Want the most awesome spec ever made? Go Chrono

>

> i hope that sums it all

>

The tankiness probably depends upon whether active or passive defenses are favored. Mirage is made of paper and has no healing, but you have to hit them first!

> > @"otto.5684" said:

> > > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > > For PvP and solo pvE, Mirage might be a better option, but Chrono still works.

> > > >

> > > > Chrono has two builds for pvp, power shatter and bunker, and multiple power or support builds for PvE. Mirage is better if you want to run condi since the confusion nerf. But Chrono is still meta in all game modes with varying builds.

> > >

> > > Did i say otherwise? I just said that Mirage **is better** because it is. In terms of single player pve (you'll want better DPS) it's stronger than chrono, even vs multiple foes, axe and jaunt are better than wells. And for PvP Mirage is apparently a stronger pick than Chrono. I didn't say Chrono wasn't good, just that mirage might be better.

> >

> > Chrono is much better for power in PvE by a large margin. If I had a sustainability issue I would drop illusions for inspiration, not chrono for mirage. Also, in terms of burst, chrono is way ahead of mirage. One shatter can kill a group of mobs.

> >

> > Mirage has better sustainability. That is all.

> >

> >

>

> Yes, but Mirage's DPS overal is greater than power Chrono. So it's better.

> And even in terms of power builds, according to GW2 Raidar, for the average player (disregarding the benchmarks) the most effective power builds are core>mirage>chrono.

> https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats

>

> Lol Mirage better sustain than the actual tank of choice for raids, jesus...

> Seriously can you get things more wrong?

>

> @"Refia Montes.3205" Mirage has more aoe than Jaunt, and all are better than wells, or any phantasm, even just the ambush skills alone make mirage better for pve. Trust me, since raids came out i've played a ton of Chrono, and i actually "stole" my necro's gear to get stuff done on open world as mirage because it was that more efficient.

>

No one is disputing that mirage does better damage in raids (by a small margin anyway). The discussion was clearly regarding open world PvE. Damage wise power chrono can wipe out enemies almost instantly. And of course you can give yourself alacrity, which mirage cannot.

> @"saloja.7920" said:

> Concerning the posts original point, what budget gear would you suggest a nascent support chrono to have? Metabattle says minstrel and commander, but those are very expensive to make. What stat could/should I use as a substitute in the mean time?

There's only one alternative, which is using any armor without boon duration (preferably full zerks) but using Sigil of Concentration, Leadership and Chaos to cover for the lack of boon duration. This isn't really optimal but it's an okay route, so that you can provide at least bare minimum 100% Quickness and Alacrity uptime.

> @"saloja.7920" said:

> Concerning the posts original point, what budget gear would you suggest a nascent support chrono to have? Metabattle says minstrel and commander, but those are very expensive to make. What stat could/should I use as a substitute in the mean time?

You can substitute Wanderer's or Giver's Gear if you want the full support route and be efficient. Or you can use full berzekers and have a harder time maintaining uptime, but have better DPS.

Giver's is the cheapest and will give a bit too much concentration, so you can mix it with some Berzerker items. But you won't be off-healing like a Minstrel's. You will also have to be careful with the toughness levels, because Giver's is higher than minstrel's and you'll end up tanking without the sustain of Minstrel's.

Wanderer's is a tankier version of commander's. You don't get the extra healing of Minstrel's, you won't get the crits of Commanders, but you'll have more HP than both.

If you don't have it unlocked, consider using gems to unlock at least "A Crack in the Ice" Story Episode and one other. "Out of the Shadows" is a good pick.

With those you can get both ascended rings, a earring, necklace and back from those two maps, all of it stat selectable (as in you can pick Commanders or Minstrel's cheaply), for the full set of ascended trinkets, i'd go for Ember bay next.

After those you can do the collection for the Elite Spec shield (Horologicus) you can pick Minstrel's stats on it.

I got ascended sword from an ascended gear box (you can get those in fractals, pvp and wvw) and stat swapped to Minstrel, focus was the same...

The rest of the gear, for raids, you can get exotics with either of the stats i mentioned above.

For fractals, you'll either have to craft the armor, hope you get armor drops, buy it (which involves crafting) or go crazy with the infusions and just create high enough infusions that you don't need to slot armor infusions for AR.