Got a shoratege in HoT Mastery Points

So I was holding up on this until I do the last HoT mastery that humanly possible for me!

_I haz been killd all raid bossez solo while weering exotic armor, I even solod world bossez allone witot any probolem, I fell it iz not challenching enough, I wantz to make this harter so is more fun! but I haz problem with HoT Mastery points._

So what is the problem? I need one more mastery point to complete the HoT masteries and never ever look at them again!

I need to mention that I didn't enjoy doing mastery points neither in HoT nor in Core (well, until they added a few more that were easy to do)

I don't call this fun unless we are talking about someone else's amusement! This is happened only during heart and minds (one instance)

![](https://imgur.com/y34mWKr.jpg "")

imagine how many times I died and retry so all my armor damaged. mobs totally ignore pets!

**Anyway!**

According to following wiki article there are 198 mastery points in HoT.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery_point_unlocks

Looking at the mastery points panel, I did 143 HoT mastery in Total

* 31 GLiding

* 31 Itzel Lore

* 19 Exalted Lore

* 31 Nuhoch Lore

* 7 Raid (missing one)

* 24 Ancient Magic

![](https://imgur.com/sdCCZ2z.jpg "")

And counting from achievement panel shows 54 more HoT Mastery are available as following:

##Story Journal (5)

**Heart of Thorns Act I Mastery:** Complete all 18 Heart of Thorns Act I achievements.

**Heart of Thorns Act II Mastery:** Complete all 14 Heart of Thorns Act II achievements.

**Heart of Thorns Act III Mastery:** Complete all 13 Heart of Thorns Act III achievements.

**Heart of Thorns Act IV Mastery:** Complete all 8 Heart of Thorns Act IV achievements.

**Dragon Duty:** Complete the Dragon Vigil story instance without being defeated

##Verdant Brink (11, all adventures)

**Bronzer:** Earn a bronze medal or better on all 5 adventures in Verdant Brink.

**Bugs in the Branches, Gold:** Jump and glide to collect bugs before time runs out!

**Bugs in the Branches, Silver:** Jump and glide to collect bugs before time runs out!

**Flying Circus, Gold:** Glide through the glowing rings and reach the finish line as fast as possible!

**Flying Circus, Silver:** Glide through the glowing rings and reach the finish line as fast as possible!

**Salvage Pit: Gold:** Gather supplies and avoid tendrils before the time runs out!

**Salvage Pit: Silver:** Gather supplies and avoid tendrils before the time runs out!

**Shooting Gallery: Gold:** Shoot as many target dummies as you can before time runs out!

**Shooting Gallery: Silver:** Shoot as many target dummies as you can before time runs out!

**Tendril Torchers, Gold:** Burn tendrils and avoid unexploded shot before time runs out!

**Tendril Torchers, Silver:** Burn tendrils and avoid unexploded shot before time runs out!

##Auric Basin (10, all adventures)

**A Fungus Among Us, Silver:** Bounce your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**A Fungus Among Us, Gold:** Bounce your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**Fallen Masks, Silver:** Sooth the tormented spirits of fallen Exalted.

**Fallen Masks, Gold:** Sooth the tormented spirits of fallen Exalted.

**On Wings of Gold, Silver:** Deliver collected shield anomalies by gliding near the collection device.

**On Wings of Gold, Gold:** Deliver collected shield anomalies by gliding near the collection device.

**Sanctum Scramble, Silver:** Jump, launch, and glide your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**Sanctum Scramble, Gold:** Jump, launch, and glide your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**The Floor Is Lava?, Silver:** Kick rockvine fruit and retrieve as many spores as you can before time runs out!

**The Floor Is Lava?, Gold:** Kick rockvine fruit and retrieve as many spores as you can before time runs out!

##Tangled Depths (10, all adventures)

**Beetle Feast, Silver:** Eat yellow mushrooms to score points and blue mushrooms to gain abilities that help you in your hunt.

**Beetle Feast, Gold:** Eat yellow mushrooms to score points and blue mushrooms to gain abilities that help you in your hunt.

**Drone Race, Silver:** Boost and blast your way through the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**Drone Race, Gold:** Boost and blast your way through the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle, Silver:** Smash some chak!

**Haywire Punch-o-Matic Battle, Gold:** Smash some chak!

**Scrap Rifle Field Test, Silver:** Kill as many chak as you can before the timer runs out, but be careful-your scrap rifle is prone to overheating!

**Scrap Rifle Field Test, Gold:** Kill as many chak as you can before the timer runs out, but be careful-your scrap rifle is prone to overheating!

**The Ley-Line Run, Silver:** Zap your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

**The Ley-Line Run, Gold:** Zap your way though the checkpoints and across the finish line!

##Raid - Spirit Vale (4)

**Beyond the Vale:** Defeat the Vale Guardian.

**Fire Extinguisher:** Defeat Sabetha the Saboteur.

**Put to Rest:** Defeat Gorseval the Multifarious.

**Undefeated:** Defeat all bosses in Spirit Vale without any party member dying.

##Raid - Salvation Pass (6)

**Avenger of the Pact:** Slay Matthias and liberate the Pact squad leader.

**Salvation Pass Mastery:** Channel the Maguuma Mastery Insight to earn a Mastery point.

**Seimur Was Wrong:** Complete the final encounter while your entire party is under the effects of tasty Bloodstone Bisque.

**Slippery Slubling:** Ensure that someone in your raid squad is holding the golden slubling so that it may witness the death of Slothasor.

**The Big Sleep:** Defeat the cave monster and release the magic that corrupted it.

**The Shield:** Liberate the Salvation Pass prison camp with zero civilian casualties.

##Raid - Stronghold of the Faithful (4)

**Deconstructed:** Destroy Xera's Keep Construct.

**Dismantled:** Defeat Xera.

**Down, Down, Downed:** Survive the fight against the Keep Construct with a reduced playable space.

~~**Siege the Stronghold:** Assault the Stronghold of the Faithful and gain access to the courtyard. (done)~~

##Raid - Bastion of the Penitent (4)

**Breaking In:** Defeat Cairn the Indomitable.

**Free at Last:** Defeat the demon and liberate the prisoner.

**It's Just a Game:** Defeat the Mursaat Overseer game piece and win the prison game.

**The Warden Will See You Now:** Defeat Samarog.

# So total available + done is 197!

**First question: where is the 198th mastery point?

Second question: I just need one more mastery point, which one is the easiest to do so I get ride of it for good?**

##Just a note!

Adventures are totally out of question!

With my latency of 300 and above, it is hard to impossible to do any of adventures! I tried Sanctum Scramble and took me over 4 hours and just managed to do it 1 second earlier than fail!

the problem is it takes 300ms for server's alert to reach me and I see the effect on my screen and few ms to react and then another 300ms to reach my response to server, and server calculated my defeat 100ms earlier! I don't have the memory of a 18 years old to predict what will happen next and my reaction is not that fast either!

Raid is most probably out of question, I did the first boss with some very patient people and I don't think I ever will want to go in there again!

So I'm guessing my option is doing 13, 14 or 18 or achievements unless that one missing mastery is easier!

**EDIT:** I added words "HoT mastery" as looks like a few didn't note that I'm specifically talking about HoT mastery

I have a buddy in Ausslieland with similar ping; he's better at adventures than I — don't let the ping alone stop you. (Some are easier than others, by the way.)

Did you say whether or not you had gotten all the mastery points from LS3 maps and stories? Most of those are pretty easy (the hard ones can be done with help from Teleport-to-Friend or various folks who lead squads to complete them).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I have a buddy in Ausslieland with similar ping; he's better at adventures than I — don't let the ping alone stop you. (Some are easier than others, by the way.)

>

> Did you say whether or not you had gotten all the mastery points from LS3 maps and stories? Most of those are pretty easy (the hard ones can be done with help from Teleport-to-Friend or various folks who lead squads to complete them).

Yeah, as IWA says LS3 added a load of HoT mastery points in every episode (more than you need for the masteries they added in that episode).

I'd go for those if I needed one more point, if you have access to LS3, that is.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I have a buddy in Ausslieland with similar ping; he's better at adventures than I — don't let the ping alone stop you. (Some are easier than others, by the way.)

> >

> > Did you say whether or not you had gotten all the mastery points from LS3 maps and stories? Most of those are pretty easy (the hard ones can be done with help from Teleport-to-Friend or various folks who lead squads to complete them).

>

> Yeah, as IWA says LS3 added a load of HoT mastery points in every episode (more than you need for the masteries they added in that episode).

>

> I'd go for those if I needed one more point, if you have access to LS3, that is.

Lol! thank you for your post! but I would appreciate if you read my post before posting!

I did all mastery points from LS3 + HoT except **5** remaining that does not need Raid or Adventure!

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> HiggsBoson wrote a guide to adventures in HoT. You can look it over and see if you can find one that’s doable.

>

> [Adventures: Silver, Gold, and beyond](

)

It is an interesting guide, but I think the first part which points to old forum is deleted. I'll look at it

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I have a buddy in Ausslieland with similar ping; he's better at adventures than I — don't let the ping alone stop you. (Some are easier than others, by the way.)

>

> Did you say whether or not you had gotten all the mastery points from LS3 maps and stories? Most of those are pretty easy (the hard ones can be done with help from Teleport-to-Friend or various folks who lead squads to complete them).

I did say. I have done 143 masteries and listed the remaining 54. I was looking for the easiest in the remaining list to do it.

So I found the one that I needed. I did _Defeat Mayatl the Fierce_ as it was easier than rest of the list.

I started it and died on first few second of attempt (a Champion that spawns 5 bugs every 20 seconds or so and sprays poison all over place. its opening attack is 20 stack of vulnerability! anyway, after half an hour spamming chat, someone came to help and then a few others although they all died in less than a minute and never came back, it gave me enough time window to kill it and get the last looooooooooooooooooooooooooong needed mastery point.

Now I don't have to look at horror of doing mastery points to be able to gain XP in HoT zone and get my very needed shards whenever I spend time doing events in bitterfrost, ember, siren or doric. yes I didn't mentioned the HoT original maps, bloodstone and draconis, I hate their absurd multilevel design!

> @"bobsort.4097" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > HiggsBoson wrote a guide to adventures in HoT. You can look it over and see if you can find one that’s doable.

> >

> > [Adventures: Silver, Gold, and beyond](

)

> It is an interesting guide, but I think the first part which points to old forum is deleted. I'll look at it

>

Sorry about that. I forgot the links are broken. Try [this link](https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first)

> @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> If you've given us a complete list of what you've already done, then not only are you missing all the HoT insights (run up, click f), but you're also missing everything from LWS3.

>

> This is easy. You have options galore.

I mentioned I have done 143 masteries from HoT (Now 144) and listed the remaining 54

> @"bobsort.4097" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > If you've given us a complete list of what you've already done, then not only are you missing all the HoT insights (run up, click f), but you're also missing everything from LWS3.

> >

> > This is easy. You have options galore.

>

> I mentioned I have done 143 masteries from HoT (Now 144) and listed the remaining 54

Okay. I wasn't clear about thay. Salvage pit, Drone Race, and Haywire punchomatic are a complete joke (even with lag). Start with Salvage pit. I got gold with so much time left over that I had to run around for 30 seconds. And I'm NOT good at these games.

> @"bobsort.4097" said:

> > @"Fallesafe.5932" said:

> > If you've given us a complete list of what you've already done, then not only are you missing all the HoT insights (run up, click f), but you're also missing everything from LWS3.

> >

> > This is easy. You have options galore.

>

> I mentioned I have done 143 masteries from HoT (Now 144) and listed the remaining 54

Okay. I wasn't clear about that. Salvage pit, Drone Race, and Haywire punchomatic are a complete joke (even with lag). Start with Salvage pit. I got gold with so much time left over that I had to run around killing time for 30 seconds. And I'm NOT good at these games.