Time to Buff Warrior Range(LongBow/Rife) Weapon (2 years no changes Q.Q

Jerry CCH.9816

First thing I'd do is change longbow into a full condi weapon.

Longbow: Move the Burning Arrows to Arms, doesn't make sense in Tactics since Arms is the condition line. Increase condition damage by 5% while wielding a longbow. Put Unsuspecting Foe in Tactics

Replace Arcing Arrow with this old skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rain_of_Fire. Except a much lower cool down, balance the burning and everything. Possibly make it bleed instead. Or make arcing arrow apply an AoE multi stack burn.

For Rifle, it's just too weak for a single target weapon. Increase damage all around. Volley should at least do as much damage as Rapid Fire. Make the auto attack do additional damage to vulnerable foes. Bring back piercing. Crack Shot increases damage done by rifle by 10%. Replace Rifle Butt with some ranged skill or something for mobility. Maybe a longer range tracking shot that doesn't miss and isn't blockable with good damage.

These are just ideas off the top of my head just to be a starting point or ideas for change

> @"Grok Krog.9581" said:

> First thing I'd do is change longbow into a full condi weapon.

>

> Longbow: Move the Burning Arrows to Arms, doesn't make sense in Tactics since Arms is the condition line. Increase condition damage by 5% while wielding a longbow. Put Unsuspecting Foe in Tactics

>

> Replace Arcing Arrow with this old skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rain_of_Fire. Except a much lower cool down, balance the burning and everything. Possibly make it bleed instead. Or make arcing arrow apply an AoE multi stack burn.

>

> For Rifle, it's just too weak for a single target weapon. Increase damage all around. Volley should at least do as much damage as Rapid Fire. Make the auto attack do additional damage to vulnerable foes. Bring back piercing. Crack Shot increases damage done by rifle by 10%. Replace Rifle Butt with some ranged skill or something for mobility. Maybe a longer range tracking shot that doesn't miss and isn't blockable with good damage.

>

> These are just ideas off the top of my head just to be a starting point or ideas for change

agreed with most of your points, make bow condi and rifle a powerweapon, but leave riflebut, just make it easier to actually hit

> @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > Yeah, rifle can hit pretty hard. You would be surprised how many players in WvW will let you killshot them for 12k. I like to throw in some quickness and signet of might as well. The target tracking on killshot even against stealthed targets is also a huge plus, more than one teef has cursed that ability after I down them with killshot.

> >

> > I think a lot of Warriors also do not use the pierce potential enough either, plus you can stack some decent vulnerability on top of everything else.

> >

> > It's pretty cool to dab rifle 2, rifle 4 (18 stacks of vulnerability), and then swap into a nice burst. A lot of enemies will just rush the Warrior when they see the rifle, this only opens them up more for this kind of set up.

> >

> > I run it on my core main A/A-Rifle, and on a more specialized rifle centric S/SH-Rifle core build thats heavy in quickness and unblockable signet.

> >

> > The main problem for me is the choice between Crack Shot and Warriors Sprint. The cool-down reduction helps so much and makes rifle smoother.

>

> how can you even think about axe axe rifle, no way of kiting rly, ive used greatsword with rifle against necros in duells, because its a pain to full melee scourges but without gs to gain distance it wouldnt be very useful

I like a more balanced kit, so having ranged pressure along with good melee damage works pretty well. I really dont like fighting necros as full melee, they have too much say in the fight. The ranged pressure forces them to do something that I can capitalize on.

The recent change with swiftness on landing a burst has made kiting a little easier with the kit. I am not the biggest GS fan, so I run other weapon sets, but it is the strongest weapon we have.

I also do a lot of point defense in WvW on camps, sentries and keeps, so the mobility is less of an issue.

If I was constantly getting spanked I wouldn't run the kit, I win more than enough fights to justify running it. There are always good match-ups and bad match-ups no matter what kit you are running, so I run what works for me while still enjoying the play-style.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> So wars want to be strongest melee class and range ...sure why not but let's first buff other melee specs in game

Scourge is the strongest melee class atm, don't you see all the necro players kept telling everyone to use ranged weapon to counter scourge?

And therefore warrior forum is now suggesting to buff to our ranged weapon in order to fight scourge because some of our ranged weapon skills are kind of outdated.

> @"Arheundel.6451" said:

> So wars want to be strongest melee class and range ...sure why not but let's first buff other melee specs in game

Have you ever tried rifle? It's more than a few buffs away from even being considered "strong".

> @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > > @"sneakytails.5629" said:

> > > Yeah, rifle can hit pretty hard. You would be surprised how many players in WvW will let you killshot them for 12k. I like to throw in some quickness and signet of might as well. The target tracking on killshot even against stealthed targets is also a huge plus, more than one teef has cursed that ability after I down them with killshot.

> > >

> > > I think a lot of Warriors also do not use the pierce potential enough either, plus you can stack some decent vulnerability on top of everything else.

> > >

> > > It's pretty cool to dab rifle 2, rifle 4 (18 stacks of vulnerability), and then swap into a nice burst. A lot of enemies will just rush the Warrior when they see the rifle, this only opens them up more for this kind of set up.

> > >

> > > I run it on my core main A/A-Rifle, and on a more specialized rifle centric S/SH-Rifle core build thats heavy in quickness and unblockable signet.

> > >

> > > The main problem for me is the choice between Crack Shot and Warriors Sprint. The cool-down reduction helps so much and makes rifle smoother.

> >

> > how can you even think about axe axe rifle, no way of kiting rly, ive used greatsword with rifle against necros in duells, because its a pain to full melee scourges but without gs to gain distance it wouldnt be very useful

>

> I like a more balanced kit, so having ranged pressure along with good melee damage works pretty well. I really dont like fighting necros as full melee, they have too much say in the fight. The ranged pressure forces them to do something that I can capitalize on.

>

> The recent change with swiftness on landing a burst has made kiting a little easier with the kit. I am not the biggest GS fan, so I run other weapon sets, but it is the strongest weapon we have.

>

> I also do a lot of point defense in WvW on camps, sentries and keeps, so the mobility is less of an issue.

>

> If I was constantly getting spanked I wouldn't run the kit, I win more than enough fights to justify running it. There are always good match-ups and bad match-ups no matter what kit you are running, so I run what works for me while still enjoying the play-style.

how are you getting away from the scourge when he gets into melee range tho? sure you hit him with rifle a few tume from far away, but eventually he will close the gap and then you swap to axe, but you will not likely be able to gain distance to use rifle efectively again.

with gs i used whirl on him if he got close, f1burst him, get away with rush, swap back to rifle, shoot him, run around him and when he gets close again, back to gs to repeat

Greatsword is always better for kiting in that kind of situation, one of the reasons why it has remained meta for so long.

I try to use the rifle immobilize and axe 3 charges as much as possible, and the new quickness on burst helps as well.

I am not saying its better than GS, because its clearly not. I am just saying that I win more than enough to keep using the kit.