Which gem store items would you want a refund for?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could, I'd give back the Silver Fed salvage tool. With over a full stack of Mystic Forge Stones and a spare inventory slot, I doubt I'd ever run out of Mystic Salvage kits.

There's also a few outfits that I don't use that I think I'd give back.

It'd actually be pretty fantastic to have a "Used Gem Store Item Exchange". Like a trading post, but specifically for buyer's regret items like the above. Set some price limits and tack on a trading fee, and bam, a nice little second-hand gem market.

> @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> I don't impulse buy, so honestly don't have a single item i regret having bought.

But a lot of the examples in this topic aren't impulse buys - they're things that were useful or wanted when they were bought and then circumstances changed and they became a lot less desirable than they were. Like duplicate infinite salvage kits or gathering tools which now aren't needed because of shared inventory slots.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"ReaverKane.7598" said:

> > I don't impulse buy, so honestly don't have a single item i regret having bought.

>

> But a lot of the examples in this topic aren't impulse buys - they're things that were useful or wanted when they were bought and then circumstances changed and they became a lot less desirable than they were. Like duplicate infinite salvage kits or gathering tools which now aren't needed because of shared inventory slots.

I have duplicate salvage tools... I bought my second set because Unbound Gathering tools, and i'll likely buy a third set because of Volatile. But i still use my first set (Watchwork pickaxe and 2 scientist tools -were discounted when i bought them), well actually i have the pickaxe and unbound wood and foraging tools on shared slots, and then the other 3 on whichever char i'm focusing more on open world.

I never bought nor would ever buy duplicates for any reason, you always had banks. It's a hassle, but buying a duplicate salvage kit for example would negate it's worth completely.

In fact it took the unidentified junk drops to make infinite Salvage kits worth it IMO.

I think it's called the Arcane Outfit. I thought it would look great, but after finding other armor skins I forgot I even have it.

I have both copper- and silver-fed "machines" and didn't like them at first, but after long farming runs they have come in handy. After selling off what I want to, I break down the rest for mats, sell the sigils, and march on.

I'd refund The Black Lion Garden Plots as with the limitations they put in place both to preserve the desirability of the BL Chest plant nodes and the store dyes they're pretty much useless to me. Oh well, caveat emptor.

Also all my permanent gathering tools that aren't either Unbound Magic or Watchwork Mining Picks.

I'd just want to be able to swap out black lion utility items to others... I have had a perma bank contract for a quite some time and I have nearly a stack of bank accers things from dailies, chests and such... I would not mind changing these for merchants or black lion pickups. Same with black lion salvage kits I bought 1 at the start of the game and never had zero after... If I'm correct I'm sitting on 20+ BLSK's now. These things are pretty annoying due to the stacks using a lot of space however they do fit in my maxed bank.

I also owned quite a lot of mining tools before the buffed mining and even the account bound tools... I bought quite a lot of them in the items they were soulbound. I think I had 7 or 8 sets before they got released and made account bound. Same for copper feds. Now with a dozen and a half shared slots and a perma bank I do not need a dozen mining tool sets. Neither do I need 20+ copper feds. However If I ask for a refund now some guy at ArenaNet loses a job due to the cost of the refund.

If he makes us more content I'll accept the deal and keep 'm. :)

Now that I have a lot of farmed/in-game skins I'd probably like to return all my outfits but then again I've also bought many skins with tickets/gold that I no longer use. I see something awesome and I go "OOO I shiny I want!" then 1 month later it's never to be seen again. :D I am exercising better control now.

I don't know about a refund, but long ago I bought the butterfly back skin for a toon, which I still use it on. I had incorrectly assumed that it was also a glider skin. I REALLY want a glider skin that matches those wings. It just looks wrong otherwise, switching to some other apparatus for gliding.

Also I think I bought a mount skin license not knowing it could be for a mount type you don't own. I have a griffon skin I may never use.

For me it would either be the **Candy Corn Gobbler**, because it is annoying as frick with the transformations going on and the buffs are way too small in my opinion or my first **Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic**, because I got a second one in a bundle with the Silver version.

I put them both in Shared Inventory Slots so there is no need for two of them for me. Threw the second one away some time ago.

I don't know if "refund" is right for me, but, I did buy a lot of dye kits when in the end it would have been smarter to buy off the BLM BUT! When I first started I didn't know and it did help me fill in a majority of my collection QUICK especially once they allowed dyes to be used across account.

I like all my Gem store purchases because even if my main can't use them, I have many alts. SOMEONE. WILL USE. SOMETHING.