Bug: The Charge [merged]

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I just don't see what I need to do but I am on the final stage of The Charge and the boss has 1% life and invulnerable. I had been throwing solar cores at shades to get a new portal open on the last few stages but on the final stage she's invulnerable and stuck at 1% life.. no shades spawn and nowhere to throw the solar core to signal Blish.

Edit:

A nice bonus was that when I exited out I was able to rejoin the boss fight (at the exact phase I was on) and try again.

I was able to repeat the bug by attacking Commander Lonai instead of doing the expected mission.

To avoid this bug you must destroy a dying star, take the solar core and throw it at Commander Lonai. As a result, she will go invulnerable and run away from you to spawn a shade. You will then need to destroy another dying star, get another solar core, and throw it at the shade. You must complete this 3 times to move to the next zone but if you attack Commander Lonai with enough attacks to reduce her health to 1% she will go invulnerable and you will not be able to attack her with solar cores and spawn the shades. Easy bug fix is to allow solar cores to damage through whatever invulnerability she has.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like that is working as intended in a way... during the boss fight your target should be the shade first and then her, not focusing on her even if the shade is up. (Sorry if I misunderstood what you were doing.)

There's a story reason why she goes invulnerable at 1%.

> @"Chatta.6380" said:

> I'm stuck at the third section. No more shades, no more stars and commander lonai is dead...

Lonai dies at 1% and no third section for me. 4 attempts so far and the same thing happens...

Edit: Was attempting to do it in a party. Worked fine solo.

On my first attempt I managed to kill Commander Lonai before portal was opened and got stuck in the Frostwalk Tundra section. Luckily when I logged off and re-entered to the story I could continue right from the Frostwalk Tundra section and everything worked fine.

[https://youtu.be/RRCsTOpYd6o](https://youtu.be/RRCsTOpYd6o "https://youtu.be/RRCsTOpYd6o")

If Lonai dies, or you get stuck at 24%, it's the same thing. Just leave the map with character select (f12) and then rejoin. You will start at the phase of the fight you are on. Make sure to focus popping the shades, then killing the shades, and avoiding damage on Lonai as much as possible.

Same happened to me, and every time I come back in the instance she dies before I can get a signal to Blish to continue, I am kinda in this continuous loop of not getting anywhere after she dies... Sitting there right now as a matter of fact waiting for the Solar cores to randomly pop now, but nothing to pop them on to signal blish

so I had the same issue as above, the first person said they logged off and back on and they were able to fix it. Unfortunately that didn't work in my case took me back out to Altholoma (sp) where the charge instance started, the green star is there but won't let me enter. I killed the Commander and was stuck with the dragon constantly roaring, I was unable to go into the "if you don't go back you will leave the instance" area didn't even give me that. Just had Braham follow me around, couldn't even die to get out. Hope it gets fixed. Was hoping to finish story today but guess I'll have to wait. :(

It fixed itself, finally got to get back into the story, it took me back to the tundra zone had me battling the commander and this time I waited to kill her didn't attack just attacked the dying stars and got the stuff it seemed to work to me on to the next part and was able to finish the story.

I just got this bug, I killed her before she opened the 3rd shade portal. After going to character select to restart the story step my story display was blank, just the green star and the instance title, no description. Also since I was replaying the chapter the purple star was overlapping the green star making it impossible to resume the fight from the checkpoint forcing me to enter "replay for achievements" and replay the whole instance from the airship. Entering that instance I got the "not your active story step" message in chat but upon completing it the normal episode finished ui popped up and the purple stars disappeared like it normally would.

Hi there can conifrm the following aswell, killed lonai in the tundra, and no possibility of getting back whatsoever so i needed to reload and im now back at the very beggining of the "The charge" and forced to do it all again. honestly going to wait a patch before trying again since it seems the issue as a good chance of happening again .

I can't beat her either. She dies before she summons one last shade I need to destroy with the special action in the Frostwalk Tundra part. I go back to the character selection screen and go back into the story instance and she keeps starting with really slow HP and the cycle keeps repeating.

I also had this bug and I tried three different times going to char select and back to re-enter at the checkpoint. After the third time I changed my active story and then went back which brought me to the same part of the same instance but it didn't break (I did actively try to not kill Lonai so she would trigger the third shade).

EDIT: 3 days later i managed to gather the courage to attempt the story mission again, and lo and behold, it does had a checkpoint! which makes the previous comment totally obsolete and dumb.

I really apreciate that there was a checkpoint there, is good to be remembered that you care : )

Original message: Why you guys keep doing long missions withouth checkpoints if you still have game breaking bugs at the very end ._.

after POF release you could've developed at least a contingency plan, like checkpoints, or some sort of memory if you get out of the instance.