Bug: The Charge [merged]

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So .... what i found is you throw one core at Lonai , then wait for a shade to pop up. Throw a core at shade which will charge the message to Blish. Repeat three or four times to get full charge. Don't use your weapons on Lonai because you must must charge the message to Blish before you kill Lonai or the story hangs. Cores are left from destroying the rocks. Hope this helps others

> @"Gondolph.7201" said:

> Has ArenaNet already looked into that issue?

no, still broken, just happened to me now.

what made it worse is after i restarted the game and went back in i had to kite it around the area for a few minutes waiting for it to summon the shade otherwise i would have just killed it again before i was supposed to

> @"Alien Purple.3504" said:

> So .... what i found is you throw one core at Lonai , then wait for a shade to pop up. Throw a core at shade which will charge the message to Blish. Repeat three or four times to get full charge. Don't use your weapons on Lonai because you must must charge the message to Blish before you kill Lonai or the story hangs. Cores are left from destroying the rocks. Hope this helps others

This is good to know, if you're at the start of the battle. But if you don't know this going in, you're likely to kill Lonai too soon. Once the story hangs and you leave to restart the instance, Lonai is then at less than 50% health - and don't forget, Braham attacks her too. So she may still die too soon even though you don't attack her with weapons.

So I just replayed this fight. I got through the first two shades, then this time a stopped attacking once she had low hp to wait for her to summon the last shade. Never happen. Braham killed her about 6 minutes later... Am I missing something or is it really this buggy?

Edited: Third time's a charm. She finally called the last shade and everything was fine from there. I really hope they sort this mess out though. No one should have to play this three times to beat the episode.

The same problem occurred for me today too. The fight really needs to be tweaked. GW2 has been teaching us for a while that DPS is a good thing, with bosses that have ridiculous health pools (the Golem boss in this very episode) so throwing in a boss who you need to keep alive is counter-intuitive.

What needs to happen is either: remove the quest objective "Defeat Commander Lonai", at least at first, as this will dissuade the player from pouring damage on her. Or, give Lonai a _massive_ health pool to force the player to try other things, this would also combat the multiple sources of damage that Lonai takes (the player's skills, Braham and the special action). The spectacle of the fight isn't damaging Lonai, it's the cool teleporting and special action attacks.

Just my 2 cents.

For anyone struggling, the previous solutions are correct. Leave the instance, leave the game. Re-enter the instance (it should pop you into the battle with Lonai) and do not attack her at all, just destroy Dying Stars and throw a solar orb at her and then at the next Shade she places down. I was extremely lucky she didn't die again; I think she'd put barrier on herself just before Braham could kill her. Prioritize not attacking her.