Mount Maelstrom mastery point bug [merged]

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey friends,

There was another thread that we posted an answer to about this issue here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/439301#Comment_439301

That said, we have a fix that will be going out with our next release. The thread above does have some players who have a work around for those who may want to give it a shot while waiting for the fix (someone even posted a video on the second page of the thread). Thank you for your patience!

Also read here

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33170/work-around-aurora-xunlai-ingot-how-to-infuse-it-in-mt-maelstrom-despite-bug#latest

It worked pretty easy to me ( 5 attempts ).

Requirements:

1) rewinder.

2) glider.

3) Mastery point already taken.

4) ingot in the bag.

I suggest you to check on another mastery point or hero point the location of the chat.

This will make things easy in order to know where to click.

• ArenaNet Staff

I've now merged EIGHT (8!) threads on this same topic. I'm noting that fact here in this thread so that I can call attention to how badly it wastes time to have people posting -- and reading! -- redundant, needless threads. Please see [this thread](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/33301/please-read-this-brief-psa "this thread") for a relevant plea on this very subject.

I'm not making the request frivolously, or selfishly. When there are bugs, we **want** to know about them. But if someone has to plow through a forum filled with the same report, they're going to miss reports on other issues that also are worth fixing. Posting in an existing thread on a topic -- when one is present -- is the very best way to efficiently use the time of all those who are involved in reviewing, researching, replicating, and eventually fixing a bug.

Thanks for understanding.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Alaoglu.4637" said:

> > this is not an acceptable way for people who didn't get mastery point yet

>

> I'm not sure it _even_ works for players that don't yet have this Mastery Point. They may have to wait for the upcoming fix.

I can confirm that.

I also would like to say something. For sure, open many threads about the same topic is not a solution. That is something we all perfectly understand. But on this issue, it's more than a mastery point we're talking about :

We're talking about a legendary item, a unique skin item. Getting Aurora is the result of a LONG journey. It requires a heavy investement, on a long period (including The Wayfarer's Heng : 15 days of runestones farming, just to get 1 item of 1 collection).

I am in the case where many players, were about to finish their journey. We saw the light at the very end of the tunnel, and finally discovered that (because of a bug) it was impossible to finish this journey, to get our trinket, and to be proud of ourselves.

I will be patient, and will wait for the fix. I really think that the devs make a great job, and I know they have a lot of things to do. But just try to put yourselves in our position : it's frustrating, and much more than you can imagine. And I guess that's why so many threads on the same issue has been created.

Anyway, the most important is that the fix is coming.

> @"Theros.1390" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Alaoglu.4637" said:

> > > this is not an acceptable way for people who didn't get mastery point yet

> >

> > I'm not sure it _even_ works for players that don't yet have this Mastery Point. They may have to wait for the upcoming fix.

>

> I can confirm that.

>

> I also would like to say something. For sure, open many threads about the same topic is not a solution. That is something we all perfectly understand. But on this issue, it's more than a mastery point we're talking about :

>

> We're talking about a legendary item, a unique skin item. Getting Aurora is the result of a LONG journey. It requires a heavy investement, on a long period (including The Wayfarer's Heng : 15 days of runestones farming, just to get 1 item of 1 collection).

>

> I am in the case where many players, were about to finish their journey. We saw the light at the very end of the tunnel, and finally discovered that (because of a bug) it was impossible to finish this journey, to get our trinket, and to be proud of ourselves.

>

> I will be patient, and will wait for the fix. I really think that the devs make a great job, and I know they have a lot of things to do. But just try to put yourselves in our position : it's frustrating, and much more than you can imagine. And I guess that's why so many threads on the same issue has been created.

>

> Anyway, the most important is that the fix is coming.

I finished everything too except for this, i even crafted the other three material...I am literately waiting for this update. It is extremely frustrating since there is nothing to do other than this.

Hopefully it comes on Tuesday, in the meantime I will play some other games.