[Feedback] Issue with new Bandolier bag

Hello folks,

I was wondering, is it just me or is it (unfortunately) totally pointless to be doing this collection for a bag **whose content you can neither sell nor store in your material storage**?

I wish ANet would **change it into a regular (24-32 slots) bag**, because bags with this particular functionality IMO are generally useless in the game -- they even hinder you.

I've not seen the new bag, but from what you've said it sounds like an Invisible bag/safe box, something many players find very useful.

Of course it's generally not the one you want all your drops going into, but a lot of people will have one or two at the bottom of the list to keep items they don't want to risk accidentally selling, salvaging or otherwise losing. I do that and it's often the one I keep the most stuff in, so a 24/32 slot version sounds very useful to me.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > I've not seen the new bag, but from what you've said it sounds like an Invisible bag/safe box, something many players find very useful.

>

> Not exactly: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reinforced_Olmakhan_Bandolier

>

> Edit: **Had it been an invisible bag, it would have been useful!**

Oh ok. So if I'm reading that correctly things like Unidentified Gear and Champion bags will go in there first, and like the other special bags it's not affected by the compact and deposit functions.

That is a bit more niche, but I can still see how it would be useful. I'd put it 3rd from the bottom, above my invisible bag and oiled bag (which automatically collects junk) so all the containers end up below the individual items and I only get to them when I've cleared the individual pieces. If the contents don't show in the TP list and aren't included when you use the 'salvage all rare/masterwork/fine' options that would be amazing because more than once I've accidentally sold or salvaged all my unidentified gear when trying to quickly clear some space.

> @"mercury ranique.2170" said:

> You also have the bags you want in game, this is a an addition to the type of bags and I like them. I have to start on the bigger ones, it it seems to be easier to get then the POF 32 slot bags, but with s limitation in the way they work, to me that sounds fair,

You can select what variant you want to craft when you are making PoF bags. Not the same thing, as here you have _zero_ choice.

@"Danikat.8537": I've never sold anything "accidentally", hence have no use for this variant of bags. Why did they have to pick the most "niche" (as you called it) variant for this? :angry: So disappointed. Finally getting a 32-slot one in a less expensive manner, and then it has to be this crap (excuse the wording, but to me it _is_ crap). :/ Any other bag variant makes sense, but this?

Don't understand the problem u have with this reward apart from the fact it just isn't what u want? If you got 2 eggs and a banana as a reward would it have mattered? Its an achievement, you didn't have to do it. Besides its a 32 slot bag that would have cost u 200+g to make and none of the requirements to get it were hard, in fact it was very easy. Why not use it to keep extra armor and gear that u carry already in it.

> I've never sold anything "accidentally", hence have no use for this variant of bags. Why did they have to pick the most "niche" (as you called it) variant for this bag? :angry:

>

> So disappointed. Finally getting a 32-slot one in a less expensive manner, and then it has to be this crap (excuse the wording, but to me it _is_ crap). :/ Any other bag variant makes sense, but this?

Then make a normal 32 slot bag.

> @"FrostDraco.8306" said:

> Then make a normal 32 slot bag.

Okay. You are missing the point here.

> @"Cerberus.4315" said:

> Don't understand the problem u have with this reward apart from the fact it just isn't what u want?

Exactly. Can't imagine the majority of people wanting this.

> > @"FrostDraco.8306" said:

> > Then make a normal 32 slot bag.

>

> Okay. You are missing the point here.

I perfectly get your point. Beggars can't be choosers however. You are complaining that a free 32 slot bag (which totals about 25og mind you) doesn't act like a bag that people had spent 250g on would act.

If you have a problem with it, make the regular 32 slot bag. Seriously.

> > @"Cerberus.4315" said:

> > Why not use it to keep extra armor and gear that u carry already in it.

>

> Because it will fill with additional crap and cause a mess. See item description.

Depends what your definition of crap is. Unidentified gear, loot bags, champ boxes ect isn't really crap from gw2 perspective. Also you have no idea what the devs have planned for the future, maybe they have a plan and thought this bag would be useful to players.

Anyway, you don't like the bag, throw it away but I know for sure that you would be the only one to do so.

> @"Cerberus.4315" said:

> Depends what your definition of crap is.

I thought I had made myself clear in my initial post, what with the bold text and all:

- **I do not like that I can neither transfer crafting materials to the storage nor right-click-sell stuff in it on the TP.**

> Anyway, you don't like the bag, throw it away but I know for sure that you would be the only one to do so.

**I haven't done the collection yet and simply came here to voice the reason why I am having an issue with it**. I did not come here to be told to throw things away or anything else that I am capable of thinking of myself. ;)

It's not intended and will be fixed!

My issue with it was that it contains boxes, but once you open those boxes, where are the items going to go? Inevitably, into that very bag. Which you (currently) can't salvage or sell from. Any materials you get from it can't be deposited, without dragging it out of the bag into another. It's a little counter intuitive so I'm glad it'll be fixed.

If it just was a normal bag that has containers as priority it would have been fine. I dont like that you cant auto-deposit/auto-salvage/vendor-sell anything out of it though. Tbh i never really got the idea of invisible bags either.

Carrying additional gear around? Never saw the need for that in my whole gw2-life. Especially not now where there is legy armor for easy stat change.

Unidentified gear? Does anyone really care about that. I either auto-salvage them or sometimes drop them into the TP. Rare ones always auto-salvage ofc.

Not selling something on accident? You can buy things back from the vendor. Also it never happened to me. The vendor-tab shows clearly what you are going to sell.

At first i was so happy with that reward, but after half an hour of playing the whole bag was clogged up with stuff that i couldnt auto-salvage or deposit, wich made me replace it with my old 20-slot bag and is now sitting in my bank :/

> @"Jojo.6140" said:

> If it just was a normal bag that has containers as priority it would have been fine. I dont like that you cant auto-deposit/auto-salvage/vendor-sell anything out of it though. Tbh i never really got the idea of invisible bags either.

>

> Carrying additional gear around? Never saw the need for that in my whole gw2-life. Especially not now where there is legy armor for easy stat change.

>

> Unidentified gear? Does anyone really care about that. I either auto-salvage them or sometimes drop them into the TP. Rare ones always auto-salvage ofc.

>

> Not selling something on accident? You can buy things back from the vendor. Also it never happened to me. The vendor-tab shows clearly what you are going to sell.

>

> At first i was so happy with that reward, but after half an hour of playing the whole bag was clogged up with stuff that i couldnt auto-salvage or deposit, wich made me replace it with my old 20-slot bag and is now sitting in my bank :/

If you read one post above yours...

Invisible bags are pretty useful for things that you need to keep on you but don't want to accidentally NPC or salvage. Weapons that you need to swap out depending on the content you're about to go into (ie: mesmer focus vs sword offhand), unidentified gear, etc.

My current invisible bag looks like this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/MQ2Pil2.png "")

In it is my dragonite/bloodstone dust eaters, put there to keep out of the way of everything else in my inventory.

Exalted portal stone, also just kept out of the way as I work through the achievements for Aurene.

A box of weapon choice I don't know what to do with yet.

Something for Istan, something for desert highlands, some stuff for silverwastes... etc. I mostly use it as a reminder-bag, but I keep things out of my bank (which I use to transfer stuff between characters). An invisible bag has its purpose, but I'm glad this one isn't going to be one - I definitely didn't need a 32 slot invisible bag or else I'd have made one already. lol

This thread is full of people basically saying "I don't want this so it's useless". Not everything is meant to be for everyone. People have different priorities, habits and tastes. Personally, I have always found Invisible bags to be extremely useful. I carry at least one on every character and more than one on several. Also I do carry multiple sets of gear and I like them to stay where I put them. Ditto the many little fun items I carry. I would have preferred this bag to remain Invisible - it would have replaced two existing Invisible bags on one character, freeing up a slot for another type of bag. However, I will happily take any kind of free, easy to get 32 slot bag.

tbh I asked about a 24-32 slot equivalent for the siegemaster bag and the Fractal equipment bags about a month and a half prior to the patch release. I am really excited to see how they added it. Sorry that it causes you so much grief but maybe I am one of the few that uses about 1 of each of the unique bags this game offers.

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> This thread is full of people basically saying "I don't want this so it's useless". Not everything is meant to be for everyone. People have different priorities, habits and tastes. Personally, I have always found Invisible bags to be extremely useful. I carry at least one on every character and more than one on several. Also I do carry multiple sets of gear and I like them to stay where I put them. Ditto the many little fun items I carry. I would have preferred this bag to remain Invisible - it would have replaced two existing Invisible bags on one character, freeing up a slot for another type of bag. However, I will happily take any kind of free, easy to get 32 slot bag.

I agree with the initial sentiment, but it would have been nice if they offered a way to either pick what kind you want once. Or, better yet, give us a mystic forge recipe to change the bag type on the fly.

I personally 'love' invisible bags, have many. I also love the one craftsman bag I put on each character. Sure, they usually fill up and spill into other bags while I'm farming. That's my queue to do a 'deposit all', or some salvaging and selling. :)

This bag is a bit off. I was hoping to use it as the first bag under my main as the second bag that fills up with phat l3wt, but as I'm gathering in my house this morning, and watching it fill up, it just feels 'off'. I'd love to change it to a normal bag. Other than this bag, I have all 20s, so it's not really big enough to replace 2 bags. Otherwise, I'd replace two of my invisible bags down below with it, with gear and tonics and such, and then not worry about how it fills up or why it is the way it is...which...I may have to figure out a way to do. If I can cut my two 20 invisi-bags down to from 40 to 32, then I can push all the bags down, and have two big fill up bags under the main bag up top.

The short point is, it would have been nice for something like a bag that you get from an achievement if there was a way to pick the type, either once or repeatedly in the forge. Think of like the achievement back item. You get to pick the stats. If the ascended back item in the collection was Cleric and that was all you got, that might be a bummer for many people, but interesting to just a few.

> @"Enoga.8456" said:

> tbh I asked about a 24-32 slot equivalent for the siegemaster bag and the Fractal equipment bags about a month and a half prior to the patch release. I am really excited to see how they added it. Sorry that it causes you so much grief but maybe I am one of the few that uses about 1 of each of the unique bags this game offers.

It's okay, I don't really expect everyone to feel the same way I do. ;) Personally, I feel that they should remove the two restrictions I mentioned before from all bags of this type, as they make no sense to me. **You don't "accidentally" put stuff up for sale at the TP, and most consumables have no material storage slots, so it makes zero sense to protect this type of bag from the ability to "Desposit All Materials".**

> @"Sila.6748" said:

> Invisible bags are pretty useful

Again, YES, **invisible** bags **are**, but **this is _not_ a (common) invisible bag**. Read its functionality description. I too use 1-2 invisible bags on each character, this isn't one!

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> The short point is, it would have been nice for something like a bag that you get from an achievement if there was a way to pick the type

So much this! :+1: