[Feedback] Issue with new Bandolier bag

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> and most consumables have no material storage slots, so it makes zero sense to protect this type of bag from the ability to "Desposit All Materials".**

>

Actually there is. Say I want to make charged quartz, but my material storage isn't full. That means I either cannot use deposit all materials and must manually deposit each material, or return to the bank every time I want to charge some. The same with bloodstone dust with Princess, dragonite with Mawdrey II, empyreal fragments with the Star of Gratitude, eyes of Kormir with Spearmarshal's Plea, etc., etc. Now if they made all activities such as those I listed automatically pull from material storage (and bank storage would be also nice), then yes, it would make zero sense.

> Again, YES, **invisible** bags **are**, but **this is _not_ a (common) invisible bag**. Read its functionality description. I too use 1-2 invisible bags on each character, this isn't one!

I wasn't talking about this bag. I was directly replying to the person above me who was asking "what's the point of invisible bags" anyway.

Devs have confirmed that this bag is NOT an invisible bag, and is not meant to be such, and will be fixed.

I posted this a few posts above.

I have three 20-slot bags I keep filled with tonics, toys, gadgets, portal items, foods, potions, keys, bandit bounty orders, treasure-hunting items, sentient and other eaters, the ascended longbow I might just want to use again some day, etc. My junk is starting to overflow into the three bags I try to keep empty for casual loot. I am drooling over the idea of a free 32-slot bag. It won't get 'filled with other crap' because it will be full, full, full starting on day one.

Even if not, the thought of a bag that would keep my loot chests sorted out (for later opening) from the stuff I can salvage and store on the fly when I need more space during a meta sounds like a great idea. The bug that makes things unsellable/unstorable after opening chests sounds like a pain, but is easily worked around by moving your chests into another empty bag just before opening.

It sounds like a sweet deal to me, and I will be working on getting it soon.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> I am drooling over the idea of a free 32-slot bag. It won't get 'filled with other crap' because it will be full, full, full starting on day one.

That's no justification for ANet's decision, though. Sure, if you can fill it 100%, you won't be facing any issues. You will be able to "pretend" is was an invisible bag. But that is just a workaround, it doesn't make ANet's choice in this any better.

P.S. Out of curiosity: Why on earth would you store such things in character bags? That's what the bank is for, no? :) Unless you play only one character, that is. Otherwise, the rest of your characters won't have access to those items, and in case of need I see a lot of shuffling around going on. ;)

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > I am drooling over the idea of a free 32-slot bag. It won't get 'filled with other crap' because it will be full, full, full starting on day one.

>

> That's no justification for ANet's decision, though. Sure, if you can fill it 100%, you won't be facing any issues. You will be able to "pretend" is was an invisible bag. But that is just a workaround, it doesn't make ANet's choice in this any better.

>

> P.S. Out of curiosity: Why on earth would you store such things in character bags? That's what the bank is for, no? :) Unless you play only one character, that is. Otherwise, the rest of your characters won't have access to those items, and in case of need I see a lot of shuffling around going on. ;)

Each of my characters use an Invisible Bag; I store soul-bound items there, as they aren't much use in the bank (no other character can use them).

> P.S. Out of curiosity: Why on earth would you store such things in character bags? That's what the bank is for, no? :) Unless you play only one character, that is. Otherwise, the rest of your characters won't have access to those items, and in case of need I see a lot of shuffling around going on. ;)

I do all my serious playing on my main character. The others are there for extra crafting disciplines and map completion, and don't generally get used for anything they need the extras for. (There's enough randomly dropped food items and boosters for each to have their share.) If one of Cragga's Krewe is doing Silverwastes completion, it's easy enough to temporarily transfer the shovels and mordrem-guts-extractors to them. My bank is used for oddball stuff that I am unlikely to want on the fly, like parts of legendaries that I won't need till I farm up the requisite spiritwood planks, tomes of knowledge, non-storable crafting mats, tonics that I don't use often but don't want to throw out, Black Lion statuettes and ticket scraps, hair and makeover kits, XP boosters and other stuff I only use for the weekly key farmer, account bound stuff I currently have no use for (like upgrade extractors) and the empty spaces are used to swap things between characters. (My Norn gets all the exotics for mystic forging, for example.) Salvagers and my Mistlock Sanctuary key are in three shared slots. Once the alts get around to exploring LW3, PoF and LW4, I will replace the salvagers with the appropriate portal items, and my alts will use their mystic salvage kits instead.

About the only time this doesn't work for me is when my alts are exploring Kryta and get a shot at a bandit bounty, but aren't carrying the orders. No big deal.

> @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> I love the bags the way they are right now specificly becauser of their current function :)

> If you need regular 32 Slot bags (or more specificly free choice of what bag you get) then you'll have to get the slightly more expensive POF ones ;)

No, I do not "need" them, but I want those unnecessarily hindering options removed or else the item is useless. And they **will** be removed (see previous post and link), so yay! :) I knew this could not be intended (to not be able to sell at the TP etc.).

P.S. People have been and [still are complaining](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31759/new-32-slot-bag-is-a-troll-item "still are complaining"), and anyone who doesn't see the issue with this item, well... ;) There is a reason the devs have confirmed that the issue will get fixed.

> > @"TwilightSoul.9048" said:

> > I love the bags the way they are right now specificly becauser of their current function :)

> > If you need regular 32 Slot bags (or more specificly free choice of what bag you get) then you'll have to get the slightly more expensive POF ones ;)

>

> No, I do not "need" them, but I want those unnecessarily hindering options removed or else the item is useless. And they **will** be removed (see previous post and link), so yay! :) I knew this could not be intended (to not be able to sell at the TP etc.).

>

> P.S. People have been and [still are complaining](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/31759/new-32-slot-bag-is-a-troll-item "still are complaining"), and anyone who doesn't see the issue with this item, well... ;) There is a reason the devs have confirmed that the issue will get fixed.

In that same thread are also people who like exactly that added invisibility aspect - just like I do. But yes it will be removed. Still, people have different opinions so, well...?

Neither is the bag useless right now nor does everyone want the invisibility aspect removed.

It's useless to me. I don't want the kind of sorting bag, but I can fix that by putting it in the first bag slot. However, I don't want an invisible bag in my first bag slot, and actually I don't want an invisible bag to be 32 slots in any bag slot. That's too big. I struggle to make good use of 20 slot invisible bags. They're annoying if you can't completely fill them with stuff you want to carry around. So this shiny new useless bag is sitting in my storage for now.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> It's useless to me. I don't want the kind of sorting bag, but I can fix that by putting it in the first bag slot. However, I don't want an invisible bag in my first bag slot, and actually I don't want an invisible bag to be 32 slots in any bag slot. That's too big. I struggle to make good use of 20 slot invisible bags. They're annoying if you can't completely fill them with stuff you want to carry around. So this shiny new useless bag is sitting in my storage for now.

Indeed. I have a character that could fill the bag, but I already have the perfect bag destribution on him (I want certain thing seperately so I can destringuish between PvE and WvW gear). Anyway, when will this bag finally get fixed? It's too limiting as it is right now, the combination doesn't make sense.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Please _please_ **please** dont ~~fix~~break the invisibility of this bag.

> If you do break it, at least make it optional to switch to the broken bag.

They could make it just invisible, what do you need to other functions for when it's already invisible?

The way i've best found use for it was putting it as my last bag, and running the Hide Bags feature, and putting a item as a divider to know when items are going to get into the 32 slot bag. It's great because it stores all the unidentified gear I would have otherwise salvaged with the salvage all feature, consumables and essences of luck ,It makes managing lootbags and boxes much more manageable as well as pleasant.