[Bounties] Tricked by Joko: Enough is enough.

I have an idea! The ambush spawns like it does now, but with the bounty boss trapped in a cage. If you fail to defeat the ambush within 5 minutes, the remaining Awakened release the boss and you have to fend off both at once. You earn rewards for both the bounty and the ambush upon respective event completion and a bonus for defeating the ambush within 5 minutes.

And, of course, reduce the frequency because it seems insanely high in the new map!

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I like how the bounty system is at the moment, and support these "joko ambushes". I think it's a creative way to stop us from achieving our goals in a meaningful and fun way - some people just need to put on the breaks and enjoy the ride.

Hey, I like them, too. They're fun and challenging, but different from a bounty boss. But the frequency just seems way too high in the new map. It wasn't like this in Istan. I think they could at the very least reduce it to the Istan level so it doesn't feel like all you get are these ambushes.

Here's a recent ambush! Fun stuff! But I want to see my bounties, too!

....yesterday I wanted to do the Ironshell bounty. Finally make a group of people, we go there, there is an ambush instead, party disbanded... Again, I am starting making team, go to Ironshell, this time on the other side of the map, again an ambush, again team was lost... so much fun...

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> I like how the bounty system is at the moment, and support these "joko ambushes". I think it's a creative way to stop us from achieving our goals in a meaningful and fun way - some people just need to put on the breaks and enjoy the ride.

I respectfully disagree.

When you have the same bounties fail over and over again, it becomes very frustrating, and kills the fun of working together in a bounty train to accomplish goals together.

This is akin to being roadblocked unnecessarily when you set out to do something. Only when you've gotten past the first roadblock, there's every chance that another one is going be waiting just round the corner. This is exactly what it's like with this Joko nonsense.

There's more than enough RNG in this game, and bounties shouldn't be a part of it.

I am not overtly bothered by the ambushes, but they are not very exciting either.

I would rather that they _lowered_ the chance of getting ambushed and that instead of the regular foes that spawns now, It instead spawns a **Legendary** Awakened (similar to how spawning a [Legendary Bandit Executioner](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Bandit_Executioner "https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Bandit_Executioner") works ). Perhaps even different types of Legendary creatures like Awakened, Loyalists or Corsairs. That should make the ambushes more dangerous and exciting.

Just fought a legendary and a nearby ambush at the same time, that was fun, the legendary escaped with less than 1% health (darn traffic lights) and it was still fun! Contrast that with the lack of fun we had in a squad yesterday hopping from map to map just trying to find a Stonehoof that wasn't an ambush, RNG it's not fun.

I'd prefer if the ambush mechanism simply meant that you fight the bounty and awakened adds at the same time. Or spawn the bounty after you defeat the ambush.

Swapping out the bounty for the ambush is a terrible idea that just leads to frustration; don't troll your players.

Apparently the Ambush frequency is a bug.

>[**Anet-Clayton**](

)

>Dang, you nailed. Guilty as charged ;)

>No, we love the meme! **We never intended for the ambushes to have this large of a chance to spawn. We are working on a fix now that will reduce those rates.**

>Thank you all for the feedback. We heard you loud and clear :)

>Cheers!

Hopefully soon. The map I was in last night had 4 ambushes in a row.