Elder Dragons(Spoilers)

Tyson.5160

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> I wouldn't really consider much of that. A lot of mobs have some magical-looking spawn animation. For risen it's that puff of black and green (which are typical necromatic colors). Mordrem tend to rise out of the ground with coral-like grass popping around them, skelk, skritt, and dredge all dig out of the ground (even if they're not on dirt), etc.

Don’t get me wrong, it seems super cheap and stupid. You and I both know the Shadow magic sphere was shoe horned in, hence why there is next to zero evidence or information of it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> So, if your argument is that there are obviously many sylvari spellcasters in the Pact- even though we never see them- doesn't that go the other way too? If Pact spellcasters exist without us seeing them, couldn't Mordrem spellcasters exist without us seeing them?

I've always thought that Mordrem Guard Tormentors appeared to have a mix of necromancy with Mordremoth's plant powers.

Broadly speaking, one other possibility is that sylvari spellcasters were less likely to succumb to Mordremoth in the first place, due to having more disciplined minds or possibly even recognising what's happening in the first place.

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> > @"Aaron Ansari.1604" said:

> > So, if your argument is that there are obviously many sylvari spellcasters in the Pact- even though we never see them- doesn't that go the other way too? If Pact spellcasters exist without us seeing them, couldn't Mordrem spellcasters exist without us seeing them?

>

> I've always thought that Mordrem Guard Tormentors appeared to have a mix of necromancy with Mordremoth's plant powers.

>

> Broadly speaking, one other possibility is that sylvari spellcasters were less likely to succumb to Mordremoth in the first place, due to having more disciplined minds or possibly even recognising what's happening in the first place.

It’s possible, but then you have these guys.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corrupted_Sylvari