Tired of being sloooooooooow

Taka.1264

Hello all !

Just wanted to say to anet that the next spec HAS TO get deception type skills and thus mobility !!

I love the necromancer so much, the shroud mec is amazing BUT I'm so tired of being at huge desaventage...

And with scourge i though without shroud we'll be cool but BAAAM even slower spec like what the kitten?!

Spec were supposed to play the class differently ... And then I look at mirage and they got deception skills and mobility on top of mobility... Seriously anet ?

Anyway, I want mobility, tired of being the class without mobility and block/evade/invuln ...

Sorry for my english it's not my first language, cheers !

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Necromancer has swiftness, rush skills and teleports.

Every class has swiftness, except the main skill used for swiftness knocks them into combat when something hits it. The teleport is not an escape or mobility skill for a necro; the difference in movement is less than 200 units if one kept running with swiftness in the same direction. It's more of a functional utility for the group, not the necro itself. Now if sandswell went 1500 instead of 900 and was instant cast, then yes, we could now argue necro has mobility.

> @"DeadlySynz.3471" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > Necromancer has swiftness, rush skills and teleports.

>

> Every class has swiftness, except the main skill used for swiftness knocks them into combat when something hits it. The teleport is not an escape or mobility skill for a necro; the difference in movement is less than 200 units if one kept running with swiftness in the same direction. It's more of a functional utility for the group, not the necro itself. Now if sandswell went 1500 instead of 900 and was instant cast, then yes, we could now argue necro has mobility.

So we talking running away, gap closing or just travel?

Necromancer has what it needs but since that is its "weak spot" you will have to build around that. That's not poor design, that's balance.

In playing wvw zerker reaper im not having that much problem. ONLY match Up i win ONLY if oponent Is Very bad player Is Thief. And druid. I use traveler rune set. Im using Focus for offhand fór healing, vulneability And boonhate dmg on 1200 range. Its rly hard im not saying IT isnt but it can be Done. Except thiefs. We have So Slow attacks So we Can't rly hit them ONLY with surfer,And shroud pop traitlines(maybe fear) And Axe too od you can little bit predict their movements.

> @"Taka.1264" said:

> Fine, the reaper is slow, it's his "weak spot". Then make it tankier please...

> Oh and, btw, why a war is tankier and more mobile ? Just wondering ...

Reaper has chill as its defense right after shroud - or is that before shroud? In any case, chills are meant to bolster Reaper defense. Reaper is possibly (still) supposed to be shorter on defense and offense than heavy armor professions. Kormir knows why...

> @"Taka.1264" said:

> Fine, the reaper is slow, it's his "weak spot". Then make it tankier please...

> Oh and, btw, why a war is tankier and more mobile ? Just wondering ...

Warrior mobility is tied to GS, and GS3 is used for either mobility or damage, and GS5 misses afk targets regularly. Dagger is about to get nerfed to shit, so I imagine there will be a handful fewer dagger wars out there. Even then, dagger 2/burst aren't that significant for mobility.

DEFINITELY more mobile than necro, but can come at a cost in many situations.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > @"Taka.1264" said:

> > Fine, the reaper is slow, it's his "weak spot". Then make it tankier please...

> > Oh and, btw, why a war is tankier and more mobile ? Just wondering ...

>

> Reaper has chill as its defense right after shroud - or is that before shroud? In any case, chills are meant to bolster Reaper defense. Reaper is possibly (still) supposed to be shorter on defense and offense than heavy armor professions. Kormir knows why...

Oh right. And he has awesome access to chills -NOT.

Not to mention that any other class has way easier ways to cleanse conditions than reaper. And they even changed the trait from: take 10% less dmg from chilled foes" to "do 10%more dmg to chilled foes"

If at least chill would shorten the distance of leaps or jumps.... then this would be pretty nice. Defensive and offfensive wise

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> > > @"Taka.1264" said:

> > > Fine, the reaper is slow, it's his "weak spot". Then make it tankier please...

> > > Oh and, btw, why a war is tankier and more mobile ? Just wondering ...

> >

> > Reaper has chill as its defense right after shroud - or is that before shroud? In any case, chills are meant to bolster Reaper defense. Reaper is possibly (still) supposed to be shorter on defense and offense than heavy armor professions. Kormir knows why...

>

> Oh right. And he has awesome access to chills -NOT.

> ***Not to mention that any other class has way easier ways to cleanse conditions than reaper.*** And they even changed the trait from: take 10% less dmg from chilled foes" to "do 10%more dmg to chilled foes"

>

> If at least chill would shorten the distance of leaps or jumps.... then this would be pretty nice. Defensive and offfensive wise

>

If you don't want those condition transfer weapon skills on your necro you can give them to my revenant.

Not true anet can totally make up a new skill line rather than giving them something that exested on other professions in the base game. Punishments are fine example of that. While deceptions would be nice its more than likely that necro will get something entirely new or that they will get something that came along in the PoF exp pack on other professions..

Considering the number of options necro has for an elite spec its a very low chance that they will get deception skills

Deception, Cantrips, Stances, Meditations, Traps, Glyphs, Other types of summonings such as conjured weapons or turrets, and the off chance of just getting something totally new.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> Not true anet can totally make up a new skill line rather than giving them something that exested on other professions in the base game. Punishments are fine example of that. While deceptions would be nice its more than likely that necro will get something entirely new or that they will get something that came along in the PoF exp pack on other professions..

> Considering the number of options necro has for an elite spec its a very low chance that they will get deception skills

> Deception, Cantrips, Stances, Meditations, Traps, Glyphs, Other types of summonings such as conjured weapons or turrets, and the off chance of just getting something totally new.

I would argue Consecrations are actually on the list for potential skills in a future elite spec. It sounds strange, but the role of Necromancers in Tyrian society is caretakers of the dead and funerary rites. Consecrations can easily fit that theme.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > Not true anet can totally make up a new skill line rather than giving them something that exested on other professions in the base game. Punishments are fine example of that. While deceptions would be nice its more than likely that necro will get something entirely new or that they will get something that came along in the PoF exp pack on other professions..

> > Considering the number of options necro has for an elite spec its a very low chance that they will get deception skills

> > Deception, Cantrips, Stances, Meditations, Traps, Glyphs, Other types of summonings such as conjured weapons or turrets, and the off chance of just getting something totally new.

>

> I would argue Consecrations are actually on the list for potential skills in a future elite spec. It sounds strange, but the role of Necromancers in Tyrian society is caretakers of the dead and funerary rites. Consecrations can easily fit that theme.

I would actually like that a ton.