Sandswept Isles: one big timesink

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> Dynamic events have never ever ever in this game been on demand.

That is correct, there are many I had to wait for and did so gladly.

I used the Three Golem Monte one as a mere example, because (like almost every event on the new map) its respawn frequency is insanely long, unlike any other event spawns. **That** is my point of criticism.

> @"juno.1840" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > I guess the real issue is that some people must have every achievement and must have it now. I'm also going for the Three Card Monte achievement, and eventually I'll get it. Am I going to stand around and wait for it to spawn? Not even a small chance of that. This is a problem of the OP's making.

>

> His point was quite succinct and he even provided clarification examples to posts that were clearly trolling -- which is more than I would have done.

>

> Reading the community response to this topic makes me upset. Has it really become this toxic since I last played?

His point is filled with falsehood and hyperbole. The Three Golem Monte example he gave very specifically does have a 5 minute re-spawn timer, and the re-spawn is at a random one of three platforms. The races are on a longer timer, definitely, but he also doesn't have to wait for those either. If he is anywhere in the vicinity of the asura cube or the entire olmahkan village area it pops up a message in the middle of his screen saying "The Race Around is about to start" once the timer starts, and puts a countdown on your quest tracker in a fairly large radius, which is time he could be spending hunting priority targets or doing wind storms, or specimen chamber, etc. The map wide meta events are VERY well publicized to the area of the map they are in via the quest tracker. The smaller events have a pretty large radius as well, such as the Crystallum wyvern or the Mark III golem. He makes the choice to wait in a single area for events that spawn in multiple, and makes the choice to wait in areas for events that are well advertised and tell you from quite a distance away that they are active meaning he has plenty of time to get there from whatever he is doing to fill time, and that is leading to most of his issues. When that was pointed out he got hostile. It really is an issue of his own making. As to the bounties... yes... we all agree with the ambush problem. Beating that dead horse for the hundredth time on the forums isn't going to fix it before the next major patch.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > Dynamic events have never ever ever in this game been on demand.

>

> That is correct, there are many I had to wait for and did so gladly.

>

> I used the Three Golem Monte one as a mere example, because (like almost every event on the new map) its respawn frequency is insanely long, unlike any other event spawns. **That** is my point of criticism.

You did use it as an example but the information is not accurate. Where you aware it can spawn in one of three different locations?

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> Replace the words, "sandswept isles," with, "MMOs," and you have a pretty solid point.

I, too, was going to say this. Hey we could go further and say video games, or games, or recreational activities as a whole! NO! Further than that! LIFE! Life is a Timesink, I feel a book coming on... how about ... Time is a Timesink. I think I''ve gone too far... wind it back in, wind it back in ... whew... I'm fine guys, it's ok. Everybody relax!

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Oh boy, you haven’t been to Istan yet, I see.

> Did you see the anount of Kralkatite Ore we need? 500 per weapon, thats

> 5300 total, and you get like 20-40 per Raid Run in Palawadan every 2 hours.

> There’s no other way to grind these materials.

>

> (Not entirely true, there’s also meteors and Great Hall, but those are far less, and not on a schedule)

I will try out to get hearts with multiple chars, see if it works. Rosequartz, on the other hand, is much more hard to get, and we need another 500 of powdered quartz for eaxch wep...

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Oh boy, you haven’t been to Istan yet, I see.

> > Did you see the anount of Kralkatite Ore we need? 500 per weapon, thats

> > 5300 total, and you get like 20-40 per Raid Run in Palawadan every 2 hours.

> > There’s no other way to grind these materials.

> >

> > (Not entirely true, there’s also meteors and Great Hall, but those are far less, and not on a schedule)

>

>

> I will try out to get hearts with multiple chars, see if it works. Rosequartz, on the other hand, is much more hard to get, and we need another 500 of powdered quartz for eaxch wep...

well.. if you're rich, at least the dust can be traded on the trading post, so you can always buy some of that, to cut the time :)

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"zerorogue.9410" said:

> > Its the age old problem of; "How can you keep the player's busy while you make more content?"

>

>

> "without" making more content.

WvW does that quite well. Anything repeatable. Where is the age old problem here? This is a nonsense!

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"zerorogue.9410" said:

> > > Its the age old problem of; "How can you keep the player's busy while you make more content?"

> >

> >

> > "without" making more content.

>

> WvW does that quite well. Anything repeatable. Where is the age old problem here? This is a nonsense!

When you are against AI is different than against players.

What are we talking about? ;)

Also it's specifically a task which requires no brain nor skill.

It's only a repeteable thing in order to let players waste their time to achieve some reward ( maybe ).

Fortunately they learnt from Aurora time sink failure ( Druid runestones ), which was probably the worst thing ever seen in this game ( even though putting the legendary ring behind raids was nice trolling too ).

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > @"Urud.4925" said:

> > > I like the map

> >

> > I love the map, too! I did not complain about the map, on the contrary, I have given nothing but positive feedback on its design (visually as well as regarding enemies' aggro ranges, respawns, how well all its elements harmonize with each other etc.).

> >

> > What I am criticizing here is the timesink that some events pose.

> >

> > > @"Rysdude.3824" said:

> > > Wasn’t it just yesterday people were whining that there weren’t enough things to do in the early PoF maps? The devs listened. And now, there are too many things to do?

> >

> > What?! "Too many things"? I was complaining about the wait time for some events where you just stand around for an hour waiting for them to finally restart, and if you fail you wait another hour and then another one... or waiting for a bounty to spawn the actual bounty instead of an ambush (had up to ten ambushes in a row for one bounty, wasted hours on that one). I have spent more time waiting on this map than actually doing things.

> >

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Yea the problem of having to play the game such a chore.

> >

> > Spare me your sarcasm. My criticism is that "standing around waiting" doesn't qualify as "playing the game."

>

>

>

> then don't stand still . change maps do something else.

>

> an hour between events?

>

> thats an hour you can spend somewhere else

>

> YOU choose to stand still..

>

>

>

> in 1 hour you can do

>

> -all fractal dailies.

> - lots of dungeons full cleared

> - explore 2-3 maps

> - world boss trains

>

>

> or go to the bathroom

Was pretty much what I was thinking. You do not have to stand around, go do something else. Even if you are waiting for some dynamic event to start just complete a heart or something.

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"zerorogue.9410" said:

> > > Its the age old problem of; "How can you keep the player's busy while you make more content?"

> > "without" making more content.

> WvW does that quite well. Anything repeatable. Where is the age old problem here? This is a nonsense!

Go and do nothing but kill the same group of mobs for seven days straight, then say again anything is repeatable. People get bored. People always want new, It's the reason we're not all still playing asteroids. But it takes time to make new stuff. So you gotta make sure the content you put out will occupy players until the next time you can release more. Otherwise players get bored and stop playing.

When your doing pvp it helps as enemy player's inject new situations. However even then there's still the problem of boredom.