Stealth

michelada.2947

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

> > > >

> > > > fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

> > > >

> > > > most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...

> > > > while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

> > >

> > > Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

> >

> > i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

>

> You have AoE fear, Marks from staff, AoE in general, CC, Shroud skills to cleave AND shroud AoE + passive procs. You can also outplay the stealth using Flesh Wurm, Spectral Walk, The new portal, the puke and so on.

>

> I remember 5 years ago when I first started this game, I had heaps of trouble against stealthed classes, especially PU condi mes because the clones when they broke would give you 3 stacks of bleeding, weakness and other condi's, the mes could also pop illusions from stealth without revealing itself too but even then you still learnt how to beat them while they were stealthed.

>

> I'm sure you could do the same, I dare you to spend a week focusing on stealthed players, predicting the movements and watching your AA chain, your AA chain will cycle through when you hit an enemy, so watch it closely.

you are assuming the enemy player stealth right next to you, this is not always the case, are you expecting the necro to spam all his skills around just because there is a stealth character nearby? , what kind of counter play is that?, there is 0 indication to know where is the possition of a dead eye when you are marked, 0 interaction with the player, you just die in 2 shots, and not all the necros use staff by the way.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"michelada.2947" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

> > > > >

> > > > > fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

> > > > >

> > > > > most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...

> > > > > while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

> > > >

> > > > Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

> > >

> > > i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

> >

> > You have AoE fear, Marks from staff, AoE in general, CC, Shroud skills to cleave AND shroud AoE + passive procs. You can also outplay the stealth using Flesh Wurm, Spectral Walk, The new portal, the puke and so on.

> >

> > I remember 5 years ago when I first started this game, I had heaps of trouble against stealthed classes, especially PU condi mes because the clones when they broke would give you 3 stacks of bleeding, weakness and other condi's, the mes could also pop illusions from stealth without revealing itself too but even then you still learnt how to beat them while they were stealthed.

> >

> > I'm sure you could do the same, I dare you to spend a week focusing on stealthed players, predicting the movements and watching your AA chain, your AA chain will cycle through when you hit an enemy, so watch it closely.

>

> you are assuming the enemy player stealth right next to you, this is not always the case, are you expecting the necro to spam all his skills around just because there is a stealth character nearby? , what kind of counter play is that?, there is 0 indication to know where is the possition of a dead eye when you are marked, 0 interaction with the player, you just die in 2 shots

How is that any different to from Normal Necro/Scourge gameplay?

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...

> > > > > > while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

> > > > >

> > > > > Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

> > > >

> > > > i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

> > >

> > > You have AoE fear, Marks from staff, AoE in general, CC, Shroud skills to cleave AND shroud AoE + passive procs. You can also outplay the stealth using Flesh Wurm, Spectral Walk, The new portal, the puke and so on.

> > >

> > > I remember 5 years ago when I first started this game, I had heaps of trouble against stealthed classes, especially PU condi mes because the clones when they broke would give you 3 stacks of bleeding, weakness and other condi's, the mes could also pop illusions from stealth without revealing itself too but even then you still learnt how to beat them while they were stealthed.

> > >

> > > I'm sure you could do the same, I dare you to spend a week focusing on stealthed players, predicting the movements and watching your AA chain, your AA chain will cycle through when you hit an enemy, so watch it closely.

> >

> > you are assuming the enemy player stealth right next to you, this is not always the case, are you expecting the necro to spam all his skills around just because there is a stealth character nearby? , what kind of counter play is that?, there is 0 indication to know where is the possition of a dead eye when you are marked, 0 interaction with the player, you just die in 2 shots

>

> How is that any different to from Normal Necro/Scourge gameplay?

Not all necro builds are braindead

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"michelada.2947" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...

> > > > > > > while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

> > > > >

> > > > > i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

> > > >

> > > > You have AoE fear, Marks from staff, AoE in general, CC, Shroud skills to cleave AND shroud AoE + passive procs. You can also outplay the stealth using Flesh Wurm, Spectral Walk, The new portal, the puke and so on.

> > > >

> > > > I remember 5 years ago when I first started this game, I had heaps of trouble against stealthed classes, especially PU condi mes because the clones when they broke would give you 3 stacks of bleeding, weakness and other condi's, the mes could also pop illusions from stealth without revealing itself too but even then you still learnt how to beat them while they were stealthed.

> > > >

> > > > I'm sure you could do the same, I dare you to spend a week focusing on stealthed players, predicting the movements and watching your AA chain, your AA chain will cycle through when you hit an enemy, so watch it closely.

> > >

> > > you are assuming the enemy player stealth right next to you, this is not always the case, are you expecting the necro to spam all his skills around just because there is a stealth character nearby? , what kind of counter play is that?, there is 0 indication to know where is the possition of a dead eye when you are marked, 0 interaction with the player, you just die in 2 shots

> >

> > How is that any different to from Normal Necro/Scourge gameplay?

>

> Not all necro builds are braindead

Then don't play necro like a braindead person. Kite, use los (fun fact: DJ can't hit you through walls) force the thief to move in a way that allows you to predict possible positions for them and then punish them for it. Most of the people who play deadeye are stupid (not to mean that the person playing is stupid) in that they get way too comfortable and cocky because they have perma stealth so they will generally be easy to bait. Also there's this great tool called a dodge roll that you can use to avoid the attack after you hear a loud hum, see a red laser beam, and hear their character yell something like "1 shot, 1 kill".

No other thief build in pvp will be utilizing stealth so heavily that you can't see enough of the player to predict their movements or engagements fairly easily so outside of DE the stealth complaint is essentially pointless.

Basically, L2P.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > Basically, L2P.

>

> U could conclude that after seeing OP dying to condi druids which got bombed from staff autos... (small hints,there is no condis on entire staff)

>

(small hint, you dont need condi on weapon to be an effective condi class on ranger)

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Ario.8964" said:

> > > Basically, L2P.

> >

> > U could conclude that after seeing OP dying to condi druids which got bombed from staff autos... (small hints,there is no condis on entire staff)

> >

>

> (small hint, you dont need condi on weapon to be an effective condi class on ranger)

>You can't do that, those druids really hurt, specially if they go condi, they just have to auto with staff and attack you with the pet to stack lot of condis and heal themselfs.

You said that , not me. Staff autos + pet = alot of condis and heal themselves in same time ... Thats just sad :<

(i have no idea how you ever met druid ,how staff autos on condi druid destroyed you or where you found that druid to begin with ... )

Idea to reveal ppl in stealth after casting anything is stupid as hell. How you want to heal when thief have pistol offhand ? Eat million headshots and same amount of PI? Dont mention stab,its getting stolen :D

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Zero.3871" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > Fun fact, it Already has Counters in game it’s called Reveal (multiple classes have access to it) and Stealth doesn’t stop Damage like Blocks most attacks will damage players in stealth.

> > > > >

> > > > > fun fact: stealth is equal to invul for every target based skill, cause you cannot start an attack that Needs a target on an enemy you cant see...

> > > > >

> > > > > most classes have maybe 1 reveal while deadeye can Counter 2 times reveal...

> > > > > while reaper, every ele, renegade, scourge, core guard and firebrand didnt have any reveal skills or stealth by their own to Counter that...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Fun fact that doesn’t prove anything I said wrong, and again Stealth does not function anything like Invuln, Stealthed players are still fully subjected to damage, and CC’s. Also who would have thought that players can’t cast a targeted spell on no target hmm interesting funny how that works.

> > > >

> > > > Again this Op is about there being no Counters but Counters exist on multiple classes. Quit trying to derail the topic.

> > >

> > > i Play reaper and there is absolutely no Counter to stealth because there is no reveal...

> >

> > You have AoE fear, Marks from staff, AoE in general, CC, Shroud skills to cleave AND shroud AoE + passive procs. You can also outplay the stealth using Flesh Wurm, Spectral Walk, The new portal, the puke and so on.

> >

> > I remember 5 years ago when I first started this game, I had heaps of trouble against stealthed classes, especially PU condi mes because the clones when they broke would give you 3 stacks of bleeding, weakness and other condi's, the mes could also pop illusions from stealth without revealing itself too but even then you still learnt how to beat them while they were stealthed.

> >

> > I'm sure you could do the same, I dare you to spend a week focusing on stealthed players, predicting the movements and watching your AA chain, your AA chain will cycle through when you hit an enemy, so watch it closely.

>

> you are assuming the enemy player stealth right next to you, this is not always the case, are you expecting the necro to spam all his skills around just because there is a stealth character nearby? , what kind of counter play is that?, there is 0 indication to know where is the possition of a dead eye when you are marked, 0 interaction with the player, you just die in 2 shots, and not all the necros use staff by the way.

If you want to fire off your skills without any direction or meaning then be my guest but you can usually aim where you last saw the stealthed player, works a lot better that way. That is ASSUMING you have any situational awareness otherwise if not, you were probably going to die anyway...

Staff marks was only 1 choice, I listed several others ànd some other people were kind enough to weigh in with LoS and some other tricks to help you because we don't have issues with stealth, you can use those to your advantage and get better at the game or you can tell us "how unfair life is", choice is yours.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > When JRR Tolkein was looking for an ability for the most powerful item in the world he chose Invisibility.

> >

> > That says it all, for me.

>

> I know you're joking, but even the invisibility from the one ring had drawbacks more serious than what stealth in GW2 has. Technically, you still cast a shadow in daylight, albeit a "weak-slippery" shadow or something like that, that you would only see if you were looking for it. It also drew the ringwraiths to you. For the most part (ignoring The Hobit because Sauron was still just "the necromancer" in that book and hadn't revived his ringwraiths yet), putting on the one ring also exposed you to any ringwraiths that were nearby, drawing them to you like carrion to a carcass.

>

> Beyond that, the ring physically changed you, eventually turning you into something similar to Gollum, and even just over the course of the year or so that Frodo kept it, it had already taken almost complete control over him.

So basically we need Nazgul to fly in and chase anyone who stealths and the longer they stealth the more likely they are to get bopped by a Nazgul. Sounds good.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > When JRR Tolkein was looking for an ability for the most powerful item in the world he chose Invisibility.

> > >

> > > That says it all, for me.

> >

> > I know you're joking, but even the invisibility from the one ring had drawbacks more serious than what stealth in GW2 has. Technically, you still cast a shadow in daylight, albeit a "weak-slippery" shadow or something like that, that you would only see if you were looking for it. It also drew the ringwraiths to you. For the most part (ignoring The Hobit because Sauron was still just "the necromancer" in that book and hadn't revived his ringwraiths yet), putting on the one ring also exposed you to any ringwraiths that were nearby, drawing them to you like carrion to a carcass.

> >

> > Beyond that, the ring physically changed you, eventually turning you into something similar to Gollum, and even just over the course of the year or so that Frodo kept it, it had already taken almost complete control over him.

>

> So basically we need Nazgul to fly in and chase anyone who stealths and the longer they stealth the more likely they are to get bopped by a Nazgul. Sounds good.

AHAHAH THAT MADE MY DAY ,sorry for major offtopic ,but this is golden

Coutner to DE had been found ! ADD THIS TO THE GAME QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

I think a simple way to fix it would be making it a completely defensive ability, when you go stealth you can't use any skill, so you can't ambush attacks, you can't go stealth and heal full again, but you go stealth and you escape (maybe only mobility skills works: teleports, leaps etc.), then when out of stealth you do damage and all you want. Maybe when in stealth receive 50% less damage so because you can't use healing skills so you don't just die miserably. And it's done. So you remove those kitten l2p builds like oneshot mesmer and deadeye and they have more counterplay.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> I think a simple way to fix it would be making it a completely defensive ability, when you go stealth you can't use any skill, so you can't ambush attacks, you can't go stealth and heal full again, but you go stealth and you escape (maybe only mobility skills works: teleports, leaps etc.), then when out of stealth you do damage and all you want. Maybe when in stealth receive 50% less damage so because you can't use healing skills so you don't just die miserably. And it's done. So you remove those kitten l2p builds like oneshot mesmer and deadeye and they have more counterplay.

WHat you mean 'l2p builds' ? Like this people should learn to play or those who get rekt because they are refuse to learn to play?:D

Stealth in GW2 has always been poorly implemented. The should have never made it as strong as it is, but it isn't going to change.

Perhaps revealed should be more available, but even then probably not, b/c the thief brigade will show up to defend their pseudo-invuln (the class was "balanced" around it, and even though it could be changed, that would take too much work - something ANet is clearly not interested in pursuing for class balance at this point).

Melee hit should baseline apply reveal by chance on hit. You need to guess where you foe went and if your swing hit something you should know it.

This will make stealth at your foe’s face a more risky move than a free jail break at all. Using stealth to break target may instantly revealed, it is better to step back first and stealth away.

> @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> Melee hit should baseline apply reveal by chance on hit. You need to guess where you foe went and if your swing hit something you should know it.

>

> This will make stealth at your foe’s face a more risky move than a free jail break at all. Using stealth to break target may instantly revealed, it is better to step back first and stealth away.

Uh, no?

So pretty much you want to remove all melee stealth attacks and Cloak and Dagger from the game lol

Stealth definitely needs a LOT of reworking. But in different ways then most are wanting.

However, as it is now, it would be better to remove it from all professions other than the Thief. Anet likes to give unique things away like candy to everyone, but they don't make the effort to balance it.

Remember, before HoT and PoF, there was virtually no ranged Stealth combat from a Thief, meaning the Thief would almost ALWAYS attack in melee when Stealthed. Melee attacks from a Thief are easily countered or deterred... even when Stealthed.

I can't speak for Deadeye, I've never played it. But if its Stealth is a problem, then blame Deadeye specifically. Don't blanketly blame the Thief or Stealth.

Nobody is more vulnerable to attacks from Stealth like a non-Stealth Thief. For my S/D Thief, I have more issues with HoT's introduction... the invisible Pistol/Pistol Thief. So many Unloads with no way to get into Stealth myself. Can't run, can't hide, can't block, can't interrupt, can't take a hit or I'm toast. However, I'm not saying there should be any changes because it counters my build... it's just how it is.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > I think a simple way to fix it would be making it a completely defensive ability, when you go stealth you can't use any skill, so you can't ambush attacks, you can't go stealth and heal full again, but you go stealth and you escape (maybe only mobility skills works: teleports, leaps etc.), then when out of stealth you do damage and all you want. Maybe when in stealth receive 50% less damage so because you can't use healing skills so you don't just die miserably. And it's done. So you remove those kitten l2p builds like oneshot mesmer and deadeye and they have more counterplay.

>

> WHat you mean 'l2p builds' ? Like this people should learn to play or those who get rekt because they are refuse to learn to play?:D

My l2p meant lame to play actually xD oneshot burst combo coming from stealth, and if you fail you can retry it forever because of ability to reset a fight, disangage, evades and primarily stealth.

But from your avatar you are just a mesmer main, so nobody can touch your profession, it's perfectly fine and the fault is of others and not of the build being broken as heck right?

> @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > @"Crossaber.8934" said:

> > Melee hit should baseline apply reveal by chance on hit. You need to guess where you foe went and if your swing hit something you should know it.

> >

> > This will make stealth at your foe’s face a more risky move than a free jail break at all. Using stealth to break target may instantly revealed, it is better to step back first and stealth away.

>

> Uh, no?

>

> So pretty much you want to remove all melee stealth attacks and Cloak and Dagger from the game lol

I am sure i said it should be chance based, I was thinking a 20% chance on melee attack reveal 3sec with 20sec CD. Stealth is a OP mechanic that needs more class wide counter.

Most melee attack are 130 range with 1/2 sec cast time anyway, it is not too reveal easily on 1v1 situation, but rather a counter measures for your prey to at least do something and wish a lucky swing to reveal.

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > I think a simple way to fix it would be making it a completely defensive ability, when you go stealth you can't use any skill, so you can't ambush attacks, you can't go stealth and heal full again, but you go stealth and you escape (maybe only mobility skills works: teleports, leaps etc.), then when out of stealth you do damage and all you want. Maybe when in stealth receive 50% less damage so because you can't use healing skills so you don't just die miserably. And it's done. So you remove those kitten l2p builds like oneshot mesmer and deadeye and they have more counterplay.

> >

> > WHat you mean 'l2p builds' ? Like this people should learn to play or those who get rekt because they are refuse to learn to play?:D

>

> My l2p meant lame to play actually xD oneshot burst combo coming from stealth, and if you fail you can retry it forever because of ability to reset a fight, disangage, evades and primarily stealth.

>

> But from your avatar you are just a mesmer main, so nobody can touch your profession, it's perfectly fine and the fault is of others and not of the build being broken as heck right?

You complaint about wrong build.

Can i ask you why everyone complaint about that gs burst on mesmer that not even meta and wasnt used at monthly AT ?Or said DE ? (we alrdy had some kind of discussion about it ,so you may not answer ,to not start it all over again )

https://www.twit ch.tv/videos/239041735?t=00h52m01s

If he could ,you can try to do the same. Thats would help you in future

Honestly with all passive death save traits and that nerf would be good ,so actually would make this build even better after 'nerfs' ,so you would still complaint :)

A possible change to stealth could be that there is a better indicator if you hit someone in steath e.g. if you successfully put burning on them while they're in stealth, their cloaked body would be on fire and they would be targetable for the duration of the condition. This can be applied to other "visible" conditions such as poison or bleed (like a green outline or blood trail). Light fields or lightning skills could also show the camouflaged player character within a radius around the light source.

Thieves could have other parts of their kit improved to be balanced around this, as stealth is often a key part of their gameplay. For others classes with stealth on demand, this would provide a better chance to detect and catch them (in current meta: mesmers, druids, holosmiths).

Stealth in this game is very strong in the fact that you are able to conceal your position and movement while being able to see your enemies' position, and it such a strong tool in initiating and escaping combat. At least if you successfully hit someone in stealth, you should be rewarded with some visibility besides looking at combat log or using AA chains.

> @"Cirax.9231" said:

> At least if you successfully hit someone in stealth, you should be rewarded with some visibility besides looking at combat log or using AA chains.

I actually like the idea of "stealing" Stealth. Not necessarily stealing, but "catching" like a cold. Basically, if you hit a Stealthed target, you gain Stealth also.

In the past, I pitched a whole concept about a new traits for the Thief's Shadow Arts to allow Thieves to see and fight other Stealthed targets. It would protect the Thief from being Revealed when striking a Stealthed target, and even grant the attacking Thief longer Stealth. This would allow for some epic "invisible" Thief duels where nobody knows what is happening except for the participants... and, perhaps, only one would ever reappear alive.

It is very true that invisibility is one of the mechanics with more advantages of the whole game. Basically they attack you with surprise with no opportunity to defend or counterattack, with or without being seen. Also, an escape mode in case you are in a critical situation.

They would have to do a little rework to the invisibilities, like for example: Celerity and Superspeed, they can make: Invisibility and Super-invisibility.

The normal invisibility, could work in the following way: It acts in a normal way, but if it approaches a user in a radius of less than 700. The user receives an exclamation emoticon, warning him that there is an enemy in stealth. And if the user is in a radius less than 450, the user will see the enemy who is in stealth. This will allow users to defend themselves against an attack by an enemy that is in stealth. And with a 25% reduction in movement speed while in stealth. It can only be detected, if the user attacks, reveals, or suffers burns.

Then there is the super-invisibility, it works as before. It can not be detected when being near an enemy, there is no reduction in movement speed. And it can only be detected if the user attacks, or reveals.

If a user has invisibility, and enters a field of darkness or smoke. Obtain super-invisibility, until the field disappears or leaves the field.

And it is possible to put a new mechanic, which is called "Marking". Skills with marking: the affinity is basically read their movements when it is invisible, and this can not realize. And everyone will be able to see him. And you can only put the mechanics of "Marking" before it is invisible. It does not work, if the enemy is in Super-invisibility even if he has the mark.

And all this could reduce the penalties, the thieves, the mesmers and even the rangers. By traits.

Stealth isn’t changing. Too much of it is baked into core game design and is basically asking them to delete an entire class (thief). So that’s not happening.

The most you might be able to get is reducing stealth camping. But they built Deadeye around stealth camping so even that kind of change is unlikely to result in total removal.

The more likely change is adding in skills that reveal to provide counterplay. This won’t satisfy everyone but may cut down on the effectiveness of stealth camping and thus the number of people playing those builds. Note: this won’t impact Deadeye as much because Shadow Meld is a counter-counter to reveal.

> @"saerni.2584" said:

> Stealth isn’t changing. Too much of it is baked into core game design and is basically asking them to delete an entire class (thief). So that’s not happening.

>

> The most you might be able to get is reducing stealth camping. But they built Deadeye around stealth camping so even that kind of change is unlikely to result in total removal.

>

> The more likely change is adding in skills that reveal to provide counterplay. This won’t satisfy everyone but may cut down on the effectiveness of stealth camping and thus the number of people playing those builds. Note: this won’t impact Deadeye as much because Shadow Meld is a counter-counter to reveal.

I mean, until a few weeks ago, one could say the same thing about mesmer phantasms. changing stealth would be a significantly larger change, but Anet has shown that they are willing to completely redesign classes if they think that it is good for the class and game