One Reason I Hate GW2 Combat

Svarty.8019

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> He was obviously stacking his F1 on Whirling Wrath while you were **face tanking** his GS#2 so... @"Svarty.8019" Why didn't you cleanse the burns knowing that would happen?

1. I was manning a catapult, and safely surrounded by our zerg at the time,

2. I couldn't see any tells because the dragonhunter was under the siege models at the time,

3. All of that happened in under 1 second.

Great game tho, eh? Counters to everything, you just need to have the reactions of The Flash and the X-Ray vision of Superman!

So hold on, first you say you evaded a the right time, then proceed to say that

you were mannina catapult, sorrounded by zerg, you couldn't see the dragonhunter so no tells, and all of that happened in 1 second.

So we can safely assume you didn't evade right?

> @"Zantal.4798" said:

> So hold on, first you say you evaded a the right time, then proceed to say that

>

> you were mannina catapult, sorrounded by zerg, you couldn't see the dragonhunter so no tells, and all of that happened in 1 second.

>

> So we can safely assume you didn't evade right?

Indeed! I was manning the catapult, so I took that huge 5k tick. Then I unmanned it and dodged away and avoided whatever would have been next only to get downed by magic numbers from nowhere.

wait a minute... 14k on a single burn tick? Are you telling me all those times I got one-hit in wvw it was not only just the damage from 1 guy, but it was also just a single tick? I thought the reason for condi not being affected by armor was because it did damage OVER TIME. If your dead after one tick, whats the point?

Alright, fine, I'll just stay in pve then I guess. :confounded:

> @"Dhaos.7639" said:

> wait a minute... 14k on a single burn tick? Are you telling me all those times I got one-hit in wvw it was not only just the damage from 1 guy, but it was also just a single tick? I thought the reason for condi not being affected by armor was because it did damage OVER TIME. If your dead after one tick, whats the point?

>

> Alright, fine, I'll just stay in pve then I guess. :confounded:

There are those (I am not one) that theorise Anet want the competitive modes to fail so they don't have to balance the classes at all.

Still finding it hard to believe that you> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > He was obviously stacking his F1 on Whirling Wrath while you were **face tanking** his GS#2 so... @"Svarty.8019" Why didn't you cleanse the burns knowing that would happen?

>

> 1. I was manning a catapult, and safely surrounded by our zerg at the time,

> 2. I couldn't see any tells because the dragonhunter was under the siege models at the time,

> 3. All of that happened in under 1 second.

Now I understand what happened. The Guard used Whirling Wrath on you within a Zerg group. GS#2 Whirling Wrath does 7 AoE hits + 7 projectiles, that translates to 7 x 5 (players hit) + 7 hits from the projectiles = 42.

Virtue's Permeating Wrath gives aoe burning on each third hit. In 3/4seconds, you got 14 burn stacks on you easily.

Now, there's a reason why GS Burn Guards aren't a thing in Conquest PvP in Plat Division. Worse on side points and burns are easily cleansed and not as easily stacked. In WvW... God knows how many Silver rated players were in that blob of death... if you didn't cleanse then your nearby players didn't either most likely.

Not saying it's balanced (apparently every class is OP in this game) but the one trick poney Burn Guard is easily counterable. Even FB is a direct counter.

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

>

>

> Still finding it hard to believe that you> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > > He was obviously stacking his F1 on Whirling Wrath while you were **face tanking** his GS#2 so... @"Svarty.8019" Why didn't you cleanse the burns knowing that would happen?

> >

> > 1. I was manning a catapult, and safely surrounded by our zerg at the time,

> > 2. I couldn't see any tells because the dragonhunter was under the siege models at the time,

> > 3. All of that happened in under 1 second.

>

> Now I understand what happened. The Guard used Whirling Wrath on you within a Zerg group. GS#2 Whirling Wrath does 7 AoE hits + 7 projectiles, that translates to 7 x 5 (players hit) + 7 hits from the projectiles = 42.

>

> Virtue's Permeating Wrath gives aoe burning on each third hit. In 3/4seconds, you got 14 burn stacks on you easily.

>

> Now, there's a reason why GS Burn Guards aren't a thing in Conquest PvP in Plat Division. Worse on side points and burns are easily cleansed and not as easily stacked. In WvW... God knows how many Silver rated players were in that blob of death... if you didn't cleanse then your nearby players didn't either most likely.

>

> Not saying it's balanced (apparently every class is OP in this game) but the one trick poney Burn Guard is easily counterable. Even FB is a direct counter.

**Edit**

You also got hit with Procession of Blades trap... regardless of your big Zerg blob... If you can't see that sword trap activation then you'll always have issues in WvW.

> @"Saiyan.1704" said:

>

>

> Still finding it hard to believe that you> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > > He was obviously stacking his F1 on Whirling Wrath while you were **face tanking** his GS#2 so... @"Svarty.8019" Why didn't you cleanse the burns knowing that would happen?

> >

> > 1. I was manning a catapult, and safely surrounded by our zerg at the time,

> > 2. I couldn't see any tells because the dragonhunter was under the siege models at the time,

> > 3. All of that happened in under 1 second.

>

> Now I understand what happened. The Guard used Whirling Wrath on you within a Zerg group. GS#2 Whirling Wrath does 7 AoE hits + 7 projectiles, that translates to 7 x 5 (players hit) + 7 hits from the projectiles = 42.

>

> Virtue's Permeating Wrath gives aoe burning on each third hit. In 3/4seconds, you got 14 burn stacks on you easily.

>

> Now, there's a reason why GS Burn Guards aren't a thing in Conquest PvP in Plat Division. Worse on side points and burns are easily cleansed and not as easily stacked. In WvW... God knows how many Silver rated players were in that blob of death... if you didn't cleanse then your nearby players didn't either most likely.

>

> Not saying it's balanced (apparently every class is OP in this game) but the one trick poney Burn Guard is easily counterable. Even FB is a direct counter.

Isn't it strange that the damage is stacked up on one player rather than spread around the group...

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"Saiyan.1704" said:

> > He was obviously stacking his F1 on Whirling Wrath while you were **face tanking** his GS#2 so... @"Svarty.8019" Why didn't you cleanse the burns knowing that would happen?

>

> 1. I was manning a catapult, and safely surrounded by our zerg at the time,

> 2. I couldn't see any tells because the dragonhunter was under the siege models at the time,

> 3. All of that happened in under 1 second.

>

> Great game tho, eh? Counters to everything, you just need to have the reactions of The Flash and the X-Ray vision of Superman!

>

>

X-ray vision with how flashy the skills are... would even get Superman go blind xD

> @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > @"cat.8975" said:

> > That particular instance of burn ticking on you for so much was likely due to the bug people have been exploiting. It should be fixed soon.

>

> You'll forgive me if I am skeptical.

It was fixed in today's patch.

> @"cat.8975" said:

> > @"Svarty.8019" said:

> > > @"cat.8975" said:

> > > That particular instance of burn ticking on you for so much was likely due to the bug people have been exploiting. It should be fixed soon.

> >

> > You'll forgive me if I am skeptical.

>

> It was fixed in today's patch.

There's hope! There's hope yet! (I'm such an idiot).