@Anet Condi Engineer

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> Oh my god. I cannot believe how dumb people are here. For all of you who suggest to just ignore meta, to just play for fun, you are the reason why this game is kitten and kitten every god kitten year. You are the people who will buy lootbox mounts. You are the people spending hundreds of euros on god kitten cosmetics. Of course I can still play pistol pistol engi. However not in the content that I enjoy. You know. End game. You people have probably never been to higher fractal tier than 1 and have never done raid in your life. Welcome to MMORPGs.

1. I haven't bought any loot box mounts. I barely have the Raptor that came with the expansion.

2. I've probably done more raiding in the last 20 years than you'll ever do, and some of it on classes that aren't supposed to work.

3. How bad do you have to be at a class to say "it's non-functional" when it's clearly functional. You know, it's not ANet's job to compensate for bad, that's our jobs.

4. I haven't spent any money on cosmetics either. I just happen to have years of experience dealing with "I can't do what they can do, and it's not fair. As an aside, I have actually seen classes broken to where they can't be played in raids, mostly in swtor, where PvP nerfs affect PvE. This class isn't one of those.

5. As to the rage, I think it reveals a lot more about what the issue is than "but my class is broken". Learn to play.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> Oh my god. I cannot believe how dumb people are here. For all of you who suggest to just ignore meta, to just play for fun, you are the reason why this game is kitten and kitten every god kitten year. You are the people who will buy lootbox mounts. You are the people spending hundreds of euros on god kitten cosmetics. Of course I can still play pistol pistol engi. However not in the content that I enjoy. You know. End game. You people have probably never been to higher fractal tier than 1 and have never done raid in your life. Welcome to MMORPGs.

So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

You should thank them.

And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

>

> You should thank them.

>

> And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

Why should I thank them for making this game shit? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> 1. I haven't bought any loot box mounts. I barely have the Raptor that came with the expansion.

Good for you.

> 2. I've probably done more raiding in the last 20 years than you'll ever do, and some of it on classes that aren't supposed to work.

You did more raids in 20 years in game that is out 5 years with raids out for 3 years than I did. Got it.

> 3. How bad do you have to be at a class to say "it's non-functional" when it's clearly functional. You know, it's not ANet's job to compensate for bad, that's our jobs.

Engi is functional. Its thrash though. I have no idea why should easier class with much better survivability, more cc, be higher in DPS tables than engi.(Warrior)

> 4. I haven't spent any money on cosmetics either. I just happen to have years of experience dealing with "I can't do what they can do, and it's not fair. As an aside, I have actually seen classes broken to where they can't be played in raids, mostly in swtor, where PvP nerfs affect PvE. This class isn't one of those.

Please stick to guildwars, because comparing two mmos just to prove your point, is like asking who would beat goku, naruto or superman

> 5. As to the rage, I think it reveals a lot more about what the issue is than "but my class is broken". Learn to play.

"Learn to play". Learn to play for what? For mere 30k dps? WArrior does more and doesnt give me carpall tunnel. I do fractals tier 4. I dont want to be kicked out of them because my class is garbage.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> >

> > You should thank them.

> >

> > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

>

> Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

Maybe you should find some friends to play with, My guildees don't mind me bringing my engi to t4s and we do alright.

> @"ratche.6204" said:

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > >

> > > You should thank them.

> > >

> > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> >

> > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

>

> Maybe you should find some friends to play with, My guildees don't mind me bringing my engi to t4s and we do alright.

What friends? They all quit.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > @"ratche.6204" said:

> > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > >

> > > > You should thank them.

> > > >

> > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > >

> > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> >

> > Maybe you should find some friends to play with, My guildees don't mind me bringing my engi to t4s and we do alright.

>

> What friends? They all quit.

I have that problem too, no one sticks around, but being in the guild for so long new people come around. Never seems as great as that first group but hey nothing is ever as good as you remember it.

> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> 5. As to the rage, I think it reveals a lot more about what the issue is than "but my class is broken". Learn to play.

Ok show me playing ranked with pp engi or raids and t4 fracs and pulling your weight.

I highly doubt that you have raid experience though. I would be careful with l2p statements when you play turret, supply crate engi.

PP engi is just inferior to power holo or every other condi build.

Your argument is git gud.

It has no dps, low cc and no burst compared to meta builds. Its just not good anymore. I just dont understand how you keep defending it.

Every engi player i know just switched to Power holo.

Only mirage got confusion compensation. Engi also had quite strong confusion skills which are just useless now.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> >

> > You should thank them.

> >

> > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

>

> Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > 5. As to the rage, I think it reveals a lot more about what the issue is than "but my class is broken". Learn to play.

>

> Ok show me playing ranked with pp engi or raids and t4 fracs and pulling your weight.

> I highly doubt that you have raid experience though. I would be careful with l2p statements when you play turret, supply crate engi.

>

> PP engi is just inferior to power holo or every other condi build.

> Your argument is git gud.

> It has no dps, low cc and no burst compared to meta builds. Its just not good anymore. I just dont understand how you keep defending it.

> Every engi player i know just switched to Power holo.

> Only mirage got confusion compensation. Engi also had quite strong confusion skills which are just useless now.

What are talking here, 3, maybe 4 players? I do love the "I can't do it, nobody can" stance, it's not like it's a new argument, I've been reading it for 20 years, and it's never more than "nerf paper, buff rock, scissors are fine as they are". Good luck.

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > 5. As to the rage, I think it reveals a lot more about what the issue is than "but my class is broken". Learn to play.

> >

> > Ok show me playing ranked with pp engi or raids and t4 fracs and pulling your weight.

> > I highly doubt that you have raid experience though. I would be careful with l2p statements when you play turret, supply crate engi.

> >

> > PP engi is just inferior to power holo or every other condi build.

> > Your argument is git gud.

> > It has no dps, low cc and no burst compared to meta builds. Its just not good anymore. I just dont understand how you keep defending it.

> > Every engi player i know just switched to Power holo.

> > Only mirage got confusion compensation. Engi also had quite strong confusion skills which are just useless now.

>

> What are talking here, 3, maybe 4 players? I do love the "I can't do it, nobody can" stance, it's not like it's a new argument, I've been reading it for 20 years, and it's never more than "nerf paper, buff rock, scissors are fine as they are". Good Luck.

I have only seen a single condi engi in raids in the last 6 months. It was before the alacrity nerf and he was terrible. But you dont have to believe me and you can even see the terrible state of condi engi on gw2 Raidar.

It has 0 popularity for most of the bosses and when it shows up it has terrible performance.

Only Condi Holo shows up in fractals. Probably due to only 1 player playing that there.

So it's not me and that only i cant do it. Close to nobody plays it anymore and even if its played it's useless. How much more evidence do you need until you accept that condi engi is just bad right now?

I don't think this has to be made a meta versus special snowflake argument because **it isn't**. Condi engi is objectively bad in a group setting compared to other similar builds because:

* subpar damage, its strong point (fields) is worthless when you can't control what field you combo with reliably.

* complex rotation that doesn't particularly reward you.

* moving targets negate a lot of the damage.

* it relies on a kit auto.

* It has traits that cannibalize each other.

Engi has one known saving grace and you all know as well as me that's **Holosmith**. Yes you maybe enjoy your condi engi, yes you may use it on your open world runs or doing whatever you feel like but it's not in a good state, it's not only a matter of measurement but a matter of design.

well the thief didn't make it. after reading the forums and other research. it just wasn't worth the time to make the switch to power staff and all the ascended stuff that comes with it for a class that is poor in all aspects of the game. maybe anet will fix it along with revenant.

> @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > >

> > > You should thank them.

> > >

> > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> >

> > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

>

> You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > >

> > > > You should thank them.

> > > >

> > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > >

> > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> >

> > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

>

> Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > >

> > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > >

> > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > >

> > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > >

> > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> >

> > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

>

> Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > >

> > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > >

> > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> >

> > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

>

> I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > >

> > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > >

> > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> >

> > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

>

> To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

>

> Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher.

Thats true, IF your entire group is condi. Which it isnt 70% of the time. Yes you are buffing that condi warrior, but every now and then even that one is gona be spellbreaker instead.

>I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5.

It isnt. Healer and Chrono deal no damage so you are left with yourself, banner warrior whose dps is lower anyway and usually elementalist. Which is more like 5% damage increase at best.

>That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build.

What also is observable is that despite having to press 4x more buttones in same time span as any class(minus elementalist, you only have to press 2x more buttons), you deal below average dps. Not only that, your dps does not scale with target size (unlike much easier to use warrior), your CC is harder to use as well and if your target is moving, condi engineer is second most affected class in the game. Another fact is that warrior can swap from DPS build to Banner build by swapping two spells. He has 4 Viable builds from which 2 are dps and 2 are buffing. Engineer has only 1 viable build. Another observation, 150 condi damage buffs your condi teammates but 150 power buffs literally everyone. Another observation Engineer has second highest base health and medium armor, which are both inferior to warrior and he is still pulling less dps on both condi build and holo build.

>I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets.

I never ridiculed anyone for running turrets so please go back and read who are you talking to. However ye running turrets is kinda retarded

>However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group.

You know what would help team more than shitty regen from healing turret and subpar dps? More dps! Or druid that will overwrite your regen anyway.

>What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short doesn't it?

Are you actually thinking that placing turret somehow acts as mobility? Are you actually trying to tell me that you place turrets on different positions in boss room and wait for boss to actually walk to them while you run around autoing with pistols? No wonder you think all is great with condi engineer.

>So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

I actually wonder, how many times have you been kicked from fractals. Just for the measure.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > >

> > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > >

> > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> >

> > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> >

> > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher.

>

> Thats true, IF your entire group is condi. Which it isnt 70% of the time. Yes you are buffing that condi warrior, but every now and then even that one is gona be spellbreaker instead.

>

> >I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5.

>

> It isnt. Healer and Chrono deal no damage so you are left with yourself, banner warrior whose dps is lower anyway and usually elementalist. Which is more like 5% damage increase at best.

>

> >That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build.

>

> What also is observable is that despite having to press 4x more buttones in same time span as any class(minus elementalist, you only have to press 2x more buttons), you deal below average dps. Not only that, your dps does not scale with target size (unlike much easier to use warrior), your CC is harder to use as well and if your target is moving, condi engineer is second most affected class in the game. Another fact is that warrior can swap from DPS build to Banner build by swapping two spells. He has 4 Viable builds from which 2 are dps and 2 are buffing. Engineer has only 1 viable build. Another observation, 150 condi damage buffs your condi teammates but 150 power buffs literally everyone. Another observation Engineer has second highest base health and medium armor, which are both inferior to warrior and he is still pulling less dps on both condi build and holo build.

>

> >I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets.

>

> I never ridiculed anyone for running turrets so please go back and read who are you talking to. However ye running turrets is kinda kitten

>

> >However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group.

>

> You know what would help team more than kitten regen from healing turret and subpar dps? More dps! Or druid that will overwrite your regen anyway.

>

> >What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short doesn't it?

>

> Are you actually thinking that placing turret somehow acts as mobility? Are you actually trying to tell me that you place turrets on different positions in boss room and wait for boss to actually walk to them while you run around autoing with pistols? No wonder you think all is great with condi engineer.

>

> >So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

>

> I actually wonder, how many times have you been kicked from fractals. Just for the measure.

>

>

Or, you know, place them where they're going to do some damage, and then move somewhere else. Rinse and repeat as needed. Not that I should have to tell you this, since you say you played, but turrets don't move around. They can, and will track their target, but they are never mobile. Characters, however, can move around, and yes, when I move to another location, that's in pistol range of the target, if I have a turret I can drop on the bar, I will. Turret range is slightly longer than pistol range, but I'd expect you'd know that too, with all your experience on the class, right? The only way I can see you being confused about this concept is if you're one of "those guys", you know, that drops a turret, and then stands on it, claiming you have no mobility... The answer to your last question is "Never". I've never been kicked from any group I've been in, running anything. Of course, I don't AFK in a corner with "My class is nerfed to hell, so I'm just going to leech off you guys", although I have seen one guy do that, so far, in this game. It's a pretty common occurrence in other MMOs too, though.

You see, I came to a realization a little while ago. ANet recently made adjustments to this class, presumably because it was over performing in some way. That's the usual rationale for class balance nerfs. Either the PvP forums light up like an XMas tree, or someone on another class starts a "nerf them" movement, or the backend numbers tell ANet that the class is over performing. Now, I didn't get to play with an OP engineer. I didn't roll one until recently, so any of this OPness that you're missing wasn't part of the appeal for me. The "jack of all trades" thing, however, was part of the appeal. I've played similar classes in other games, artificer in DDO off the top of my head, that is essentially the same thing. They take a bit of skill, and I do love the complaint about having to mash buttons... This just in, every class has to mash buttons, but you do a fine job of exposing the real motivation behind this thread: I have to push more buttons than someone else, it's not fair...

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> This doesnt exist in PvE. Meta is set in stone 1 healer 1 chrono 1 bannerslave 2 dps. Jack of all trades does not exist. Dps is too low to be considered good dps, CC is too low as well, has no buffs for party apart from super powerfull +150 condi damage which does jack kitten for 2-3 memebers of party EVERY SINGLE TIME, healing is low even compared to top dps class Elementalist who can blast water field as well. Only thing engineer brings, is access to almost every time of blast field. Which would have been nice if meta was not set as it is. If there was no chrono, no boon duration, no might stacking, no healer classes, then and only then "jack of all trades" would be usefull.

Only raids need healers though. In high tier fractals druid is kind of jack of all trades. Because he brings buffs, usually has a supporting dps role but can switch to full healer for some nasty fights/fractals.

> Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

The problem with the things you are describing is that everything you mentioned can be done by a Holosmith aswell. Just way better. He can also bring Pinpoint, has higher cc, WAY better burst. Better damage and isn't reliant on a stationary target. This isn't about engineer viability. It is about condition engineer who got neglected and forgotten with pof launch.

Forgotten and neglected because every nerf and change in the past wasn't even directly targeted at condi engi but hurt it a lot. Confusion nerf made 2 dps skills useless and heavily nerfed a 3rd one. Alacrity nerf hurt engineer the most since the rotation was optimised to use almost no auto attacks.

Thermal Vision helps holo more than condi engi since you would still prefer pinpoint on condi engi.

Engineer just lacks strong condi traits in general. It only has pinpoint, shrapnel and 33% duration modifer. But maybe they don't buff it because the next elite will be focused around it. iI can only hope. But engi has only 1 elite anyways. I mean you can at least roleplay with deadeye or oneshot guys in wvsw but scrapper? Come on. All it can do is open hatches in ds really well because of stealth gyro.

They could also add good condi application to Holo's forge mode. Condi holo just doesn't work because it has the kit lock and no condi application outside of Photon Blitz. But it could have with a changed trait that lowers power damage and adds condi on forge aa outside of shrapnel. Shrapnel isn't even enough on grenades and you throw 3 of them.

Well, I must say great thanks to arc dps cuz it keeps me barely in pve content. But overall condi engi is dead. Anet can you please remove pistol trait and replace it with rifle to make your Hololoo more shiny? Yea and don't forget scrap scrapper more! Add some bugs to scrappy like compensation for your broken photon forge.

Sorry but I really hate how they are forgot that there is not only Holosmith but other builds. If they want from us to play elite specs, then make scrapper viable in pve not only holo, wait not viable - meta!! Hah

I will be quiet if I dont see for example raid comps where we have 2 chrono supports and 2-4mirrage dps! What is fun? Mirrage dps is really not bad but one of the top! I don't want play your mesmer, I don't create illusions in my life I am engineer in job and in game. I will end it - why you not hardly buff condi engi, if there will be only few players who demand masochist kit switch??

> @"David.5974" said:

> Well, I must say great thanks to arc dps cuz it keeps me barely in pve content. But overall condi engi is dead. Anet can you please remove pistol trait and replace it with rifle to make your Hololoo more shiny? Yea and don't forget scrap scrapper more! Add some bugs to scrappy like compensation for your broken photon forge.

>

> Sorry but I really hate how they are forgot that there is not only Holosmith but other builds. If they want from us to play elite specs, then make scrapper viable in pve not only holo, wait not viable - meta!! Hah

>

> I will be quiet if I dont see for example raid comps where we have 2 chrono supports and 2-4mirrage dps! What is fun? Mirrage dps is really not bad but one of the top! I don't want play your mesmer, I don't create illusions in my life I am engineer in job and in game. I will end it - why you not hardly buff condi engi, if there will be only few players who demand masochist kit switch??

Best part is that spellbreaker was designed as pvp focused spec aswell but can outperform Holo in pve aswell now. And then there is the Scrapper excuse. "It was designed with pvp in mind". It isnt even good there now with all the nerfs. Should be renamed trasher.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> Best part is that spellbreaker was designed as pvp focused spec aswell but can outperform Holo in pve aswell now.

.... But still better then mesmer stacking tbh. Why they made so many proffesions if they care only about few of them..

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > >

> > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > >

> > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > >

> > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> >

> > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

>

> To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

>

> Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > >

> > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > >

> > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > >

> > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> >

> > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> >

> > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

>

> PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.