So about the holy trinity...

Hard group content not just raids, you generally want heals and buffs (aka druid and chrono). Do you need these roles, not if you’re awesome but for the rest of us the answer is yes.

I’m actually doing fract 100cm as I type this and we are waiting for a healer cause our druid bailed.

So we now have in the game dps, heals and soft tanking.

Healers have their itch scratched, what about those of us who love tanking...

There have always been traces of the healer role in this game, they were just pointless (because incredibly weak) in vanilla. The classic tanking job, aggro management, however has been absent since release and game mechanics have been built in full conscience of its absence, so I don't expect the devs to ever introduce it. That would be a much larger change to the game than the introduction of proper healers.

The real problem is that GW2 started as a game which should have had the possibility to let all classes play all roles, but it was a failure since the beginning on this part ( guardians were king as support, dps warriors were definitely a thing as dps, and so on ).

I would also consider WvW and SPvP about this trinity system, with firebrands and necros, and also with classes like druid which are currently able to deal a high amount of damage while having a tanky build with nice supportive skills.

I guess that, whatever the content, a class more "support" oriented ( or even a player which spec his class into support ) is definitely legit, because it is better to balance dps and heals, but i would dislike another game with the boring trinity. The way it is could be fine, but i will give other classes more supportive skills, in order to let players chose what to bring ( or at least, an alternative, even if it woulnd't be performant as the meta one ).

I'm thinking that we already have taunt on a few skills and highest toughness works in raids as a soft tank, extend the soft tank that is already in raids to other aspects of the game and maybe buff taunt a little more. I think a change like that isn't going to make tanks mandatory but they might be able to take some of the heat off a group i.e. ensure a cone attack is aimed at the tank instead of a random person.

I don't think taking stuff that makes this game unique away from the game is doing the game any favors. I've never liked tanking in any game and I'll not like it here either. I have always felt it's a far more artificial mechanic than healing. We don't need it.

> @"Angelweave.1856" said:

> Hard group content not just raids, you generally want heals and buffs (aka druid and chrono). Do you need these roles, not if you’re awesome but for the rest of us the answer is yes.

> I’m actually doing fract 100cm as I type this and we are waiting for a healer cause our druid bailed.

> So we now have in the game dps, heals and soft tanking.

>

> Healers have their itch scratched, what about those of us who love tanking...

>

and there lies the problem of trinity tunnel vision, there's a ton of builds people can play to compensate for a group composition issue, but are so conditioned to simplifying down to trinity that they do not know what to do.