[Suggestion] Highlight Items Pinged in Chat VS Items Pinged With the Code From Wiki

Several times now I have heard or seen someone say, "you just pasted the code" when someone pinged a drop. And there is no way to prove you did or didn't get the drop. It would be nice if the items actually pinged would display in a different color or with an * in front of it or something.

When you work hard at something you would like a little credit. Kind of like finishing a painting and then having someone say you just used a paint my number. Twitter has a verified icon to show it's a real person. When you say "look at what I got/made", it would be nice to have it show that you did in fact get/make it.

> @"SWiLE.5360" said:

> When you work hard at something you would like a little credit. Kind of like finishing a painting and then having someone say you just used a paint my number. Twitter has a verified icon to show it's a real person. When you say "look at what I got/made", it would be nice to have it show that you did in fact get/make it.

so for epeen purposes.

cause thats the only reason you would have linked it in Map chat in LA

Well if thats all you want then take a screen shot and upload to a picture hosting site then send the link in map chat.

Who ever bother to look at said link will see you actualy made the item.

'Edit

Im guessing this is a legendary anyone who see your character will see you made it so why do linking it in map chat feel so important to you?

While I feel like this would be something pretty low on the list for Anet, I do still see where your coming from in the aspect that certain players, such as the first responder to this thread, can be less than kind sometimes and mess with a good moment someone is trying to have. I frequently see people in LA link their gifts and precursor before making a legendary and I and many other players always toss out a little congratz to em and move on. It's a big deal for some people, so I think it's important to be supportive, but while that's what I generally do and see from others I know it's not always the case.

While I see why the OP feels strongly about this, it seems like a lot of effort on ANet's part to support that subset of players that (a) cares about what people ping in chat and (b) cares about whether it's something legit earned or made up.

There is another use for the same feature though: people have longed asked for a way to ping "kill proof" in chat. This is used by a different minority, who don't want to invite people to a raid or fractal/cm without knowing for sure whether they are experienced. People also fake these "KPs", which annoys those wanting to use them to filter out others. (I don't see any reason for ANet to go out of it's way to support this either, but it would kill this bird with the same stone.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> While I see why the OP feels strongly about this, it seems like a lot of effort on ANet's part to support that subset of players that (a) cares about what people ping in chat and (b) cares about whether it's something legit earned or made up.

>

> There is another use for the same feature though: people have longed asked for a way to ping "kill proof" in chat. This is used by a different minority, who don't want to invite people to a raid or fractal/cm without knowing for sure whether they are experienced. People also fake these "KPs", which annoys those wanting to use them to filter out others. (I don't see any reason for ANet to go out of it's way to support this either, but it would kill this bird with the same stone.)

>

>

Please no, just no. This game already has huge accessibility-problems when it comes to endgame-content. No need to worsen that further.