Warrior/Spellbreaker is just weak.

Kuulpb.5412

In terms of the direction/concept of the spec its really good but it needs more damage. (Talking about PvE)

Auto attack:

- Needs to hit 3 targets not 2

- buff base dmg 20% and on crit to 20%

Burst:

- if boons are removed +100% dmg

Disrupting stab/ Wastrels Ruin:

-lower recharge to 8sec

With that i feel the class would be much more suitable and comparable damage wise to other warrior builds.

#my2cents

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a PvP perspective. I believe the Daggers are too weak of a melee weapon in terms of mobility. I have been kited so many times by Deadeye so far. Some of Renegade and Deadeye projectiles pierce our Spellbreaker Elite and make it useless.

I have had decent success with Hammer. Hammer is a great weapon for a class based on Interupts and boon removal through interupts. I tried bringing back the infamous HamBow, but I think Mace/Shield is a more viable option.

tl;dr verison: DAGGERS SUCK

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Caedmon.6798 said:

> > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > > > Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

> > > > >

> > > > > Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

> > > >

> > > > Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh kitten.

> > >

> > > it IS relevant. If a class has tons of sustain when traiting for it, while havin massive damage without traiting for it, its simply going to be unbalanced.

> > > Havin an Elite spec which is great in PvE AND in PvP, has in most cases serious balance probleems, due to the fact that "high damage" in PvP and "high damage" in pve are 2 different shoes.

> > >

> > > If spellbreaker simply gets more damage on his attacks, its flat out going to be broken.

> > > Now u can say ; split pvp/wvw and pve. At that point, every class is going to ask for it ; " give us more damage in pve", until the Point in which AN actually listens and equals every damage of every class, just because ppl literally ask " tanks / supports / bruisers " etc need the same damage as DD's.

> > > The problem is that PvE does not work like it maybe should work. Guild wars has elite specs, and classes in generall, which are designed as support/bruisers/tanks etc , while in fact, u dont need that in PvE (except maybe a support[buffbot->Druid,Chrono])

> > >

> > > Why would u even play a bruiser/tank orientated Elite in a scenario in which u are only lookin for damage.

> > > Specialization actually means ; specialize in one aspect of ur core class, let it be dealing raw damage, enchanting allies, debuffing foes, Bruising etc.

> > >

> > > Now from my point of view, since the new elite specs have arised, ppl ONLY want to do damage.

> > >

> > > Spellbreaker could have the skill ; "deal 1 damage and be invunerable for 1 minute", and u would literally say "nah skill is bad cause low dmg"

> > >

> > > Spellbreaker does NOT deserve more damage, since its not a pure dps spec. As its new skill says ; its a FULL COUNTER spec. Spellbreaker is designed to make ur enemy useless. Interrupting, absorbing damage, corrupting boons.

> >

> > All based on you fighting one warri with 3 others and it took you 5 minutes ( Prob less ) to kill him ?

> >

> > Besides if you read peoples posts they simply state the damage is lacking,which it is.Theres other "control" specs that do dish out more damage.Im not saying the damage on spellbreaker is complete kitten,but i am saying that a control build should also do damage,you expecting or wanting it to do low damage because otherwise its Flat out Broken ( oh the warri hate )..Is a non argument,really.People dont want ONLY DAMAGE,they simply state the damage is Lackluster even when youre on 20 - 25 might while already being full zerk.

>

> Exactly. Don't drag this thread that is purely about the auto-attack damage down with your experiences fighting Spellbreakers as a whole - which (contrary to what you think) is entirely irrelevant and off-topic spam.

No, THEY are actually looking at the class as more of a whole than you are. It is in fact YOUR topic by itself - dagger AA damage, that is irrelevant. You cannot take one single part of a class and point your finger at it and yell "Nyeerr! This is broke vs class XYZ" as you seem to be doing. No matter how much you won't believe it, Spellbreaker having weak auto attack is INTENDED! You just don't want to acknowledge why that is.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

> >

> > Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

>

> Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh suck.

wtf are you smoking, it totally is relevant. Since the very moment we got to know Spellbreaker's skillset, you should be able to easly tell that it's predominantly a pvp class. As such, you have to look at the whole class to judge it's viability and in fact it IS a strong spec. The fact that you choose a pretty much strictly pvp class, then disregard anything it can do and just look at its raw blunt press-1-DPS is laughable and in itself makes this whole thread a joke.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > I don't see why tank should have high dps.

>

> I don't see why on earth you believe Spellbreaker is in any way a tank.

>

> It is a squishy debuff/damage spec with a counter/block mechanic.

Use toughness, vitality, healing power gear and mace shield or something.

> @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > > I don't see why tank should have high dps.

> >

> > I don't see why on earth you believe Spellbreaker is in any way a tank.

> >

> > It is a squishy debuff/damage spec with a counter/block mechanic.

>

> Use toughness, vitality, healing power gear and mace shield or something.

Still doesn't answer my question.

The LAST thing SB needs is more damage. I don't care about PvE in any way shape or form, but if you bump the damage on SB it'll break it for PvP & WvW.

SB has once again put warrior into the "no skill needed" category. The spec is super easy to use & you can 1v2 right out of the box.

Most of these complaints could be fixed if they split Pvp, WvW and PvE game modes up. Also from a non damage perspective my biggest complaint is the Asuran sized leaps they give us they're not much of a gap closer. Which we can't spam our "leaps" like thief, so to me that means they're a gap closer.

Edit:

Just looked at Heartseeker and noticed the range on that on a **SPAMMABLE** dagger 2 is 450.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> Also from a non damage perspective my biggest complaint is the Asuran sized leaps they give us they're not much of a gap closer.

All leaps, jumps, dodges, etc. move the same distance regardless of character size or species. The hit box and weapon range are the same too.

> @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

> >

> > Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

>

> Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh suck.

If you can come up with a way to buff dagger's damage while not propelling the already extremely strong (if not OP) spellbreaker in pvp, then go for it!

> @Choppy.4183 said:

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > Also from a non damage perspective my biggest complaint is the Asuran sized leaps they give us they're not much of a gap closer.

>

> All leaps, jumps, dodges, etc. move the same distance regardless of character size or species. The hit box and weapon range are the same too.

I know, it's a joke because Asurans are tiny like our dagger leaps.

Warrior in general is at a fine state in PvP/WvW. Pve, yeah the spec is weak. Im still trying to determine the status of warrior in higher level/experience gameplay. For spellbreaker, the dps I achieved was 20k. Which is meh, considering what other specs are doing. Also, with another.... warrior nerf in condi, my beserker ps gets around 23k realistic buffs, while prior go this patch I was able to get 28k. Now with all these elite specs comming into play, to me, its creating an environemt where warrior is not the vaible option. Renegade can stack 25 might for the team (friend experimented) continuously and deal 35k dps. Is ps still viable if this possible renegade build is considered viable? Now if thats the case we have warrior condi dps. EXCEPT now weaver, fireband,soulbeast, scouge are all dealing 39k plus dps while condi dps war isnt at that level anymore. Imo, based on this, the beserker spec might be completely useless in terms of the higher level gameplay(Raids). And everyone knows, power beserker doesnt exist. Why cant there just be a pve buff to damage on the warrior? Without effecting pvp/wvw. I know revenant got a damage buff to pve only on unreleanting assult (10%).

I agree with mthemystery on this one tbh warrior needs a buff in the pve dmg department... Anet needs to make everything equal(classes dmg) IN A WAY but have there own functions or otherwise ur just going to get trash talkers screaming there heads off about meta and that you will have 5 of the same classes in raids/fractals hence all necro team in fractals and in raids literally a mirror please fix this warrior needs to go back to its original form to the very least. If you want the game to be enjoyable and have DIVERSITY I been saying this 1 million times all through out the threads then every class should have a purpose some how some way it's ur job anet to make that happen, to please the customer.

> @"Mthe mystery.4615" said:

> Warrior in general is at a fine state in PvP/WvW. Pve, yeah the spec is weak. Im still trying to determine the status of warrior in higher level/experience gameplay. For spellbreaker, the dps I achieved was 20k. Which is meh, considering what other specs are doing. Also, with another.... warrior nerf in condi, my beserker ps gets around 23k realistic buffs, while prior go this patch I was able to get 28k. Now with all these elite specs comming into play, to me, its creating an environemt where warrior is not the vaible option. Renegade can stack 25 might for the team (friend experimented) continuously and deal 35k dps. Is ps still viable if this possible renegade build is considered viable? Now if thats the case we have warrior condi dps. EXCEPT now weaver, fireband,soulbeast, scouge are all dealing 39k plus dps while condi dps war isnt at that level anymore. Imo, based on this, the beserker spec might be completely useless in terms of the higher level gameplay(Raids). And everyone knows, power beserker doesnt exist. Why cant there just be a pve buff to damage on the warrior? Without effecting pvp/wvw. I know revenant got a damage buff to pve only on unreleanting assult (10%).

Umm, try 48k dps.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3330/weaver-fire-air-48k-dps/p1

> @otto.5684 said:

> Speaking purely from PvE, damage is lacking. It needs some major buff. D/D was also lacking in aoe.

Assuming that it's even supposed to be a high damage DPS spec to begin with.

I don't think anyone really thinks these things through ... subsequent elite specs are not simply a forever rising threshold of DPS scores for the classes. The idea that daggers lacking DPS is a reason to buff dagger DPS doesn't make sense.

We are getting to the point were if there is at least one reasonable DPS spec, that's well enough. It won't be a given that the most recent espec should be THAT reasonable DPS spec either.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @otto.5684 said:

> > Speaking purely from PvE, damage is lacking. It needs some major buff. D/D was also lacking in aoe.

>

> Assuming that it's even supposed to be a high damage DPS spec to begin with.

>

> I don't think anyone really thinks these things through ... subsequent elite specs are not simply a forever rising threshold of DPS scores for the classes. The idea that daggers lacking DPS is a reason to buff dagger DPS doesn't make sense.

>

> We are getting to the point were if there is at least one reasonable DPS spec, that's well enough. It won't be a given that the most recent espec should be THAT reasonable DPS spec either.

I am not an advocate of power creep, and surely do not want or expect new elites to be more powerful than previous tier. However, I do expect that each new elite to be able to pull its weight in the damage department in PvE. This can be done without messing things in sPvP, where SB is pretty strong. Also, there is no such thing as an elite PvP or PvE only line. Elite lines are supposed to function strongly in every game mode (and to a lesser extent for power, condi and support builds), otherwise something failed design wise.

TBH, most PoF elites have serious balance issues. Some of them are pretty blatant, that I am not sure why after detailed feedback after two demo tests, still made it to live pretty broken. It is pretty lame that such a cool elite with solid feel and animations is barley viable in PvE.

> @Infusion.7149 said:

> OP,

> Just about everyone in WvW disagrees.

>

> It's probably the best heavy armor PoF spec for WvW , best light armor is Scourge.

I am intending for PvE, Wvw is different because that is B players. I will say spellbreaker is very fast regarding how many hits in can do, but each hit is very weak.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

> > >

> > > Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

> >

> > Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh suck.

>

> If you can come up with a way to buff dagger's damage while not propelling the already extremely strong (if not OP) spellbreaker in pvp, then go for it!

Split it from pvp/wvw . Done.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> > @otto.5684 said:

> > Speaking purely from PvE, damage is lacking. It needs some major buff. D/D was also lacking in aoe.

>

> Assuming that it's even supposed to be a high damage DPS spec to begin with.

>

> I don't think anyone really thinks these things through ... subsequent elite specs are not simply a forever rising threshold of DPS scores for the classes. The idea that daggers lacking DPS is a reason to buff dagger DPS doesn't make sense.

>

> We are getting to the point were if there is at least one reasonable DPS spec, that's well enough. It won't be a given that the most recent espec should be THAT reasonable DPS spec either.

I thought this through plenty, they changed Berserker into a Condition spec (By buffing sword and lowering the bursts to T1), thus Spellbreaker would be a Critical/Power spec with cc/boonstrip.