No new SAB mount skins?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > No new SAB mount skins?

> I'm using last year's SAB mount skins; the old ones are fine.

>

> More seriously: while I recognize that some people love the "8-bit" theme (and sure, others hate it), it seems a poor use of limited design resources to come up with five SAB MountFits. If ANet could deliver 400 designs per year, sure. For now, I'd rather see a Lunar New Year set, dragon-style mounts, and so on.

On the contrary, it seems like an excellent use of limited design resources to craft a set of 5 SAB skins.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > No new SAB mount skins?

> I'm using last year's SAB mount skins; the old ones are fine.

>

> More seriously: while I recognize that some people love the "8-bit" theme (and sure, others hate it), it seems a poor use of limited design resources to come up with five SAB MountFits. If ANet could deliver 400 designs per year, sure. For now, I'd rather see a Lunar New Year set, dragon-style mounts, and so on.

I mean that could be used for a plethora of things like working on stuff the vast majority of ppl have asked for years instead of functional chairs.

To be fair, SAB skins outside of SAB actually don't make much sense. SAB is a virtual reality simulator. That virtual reality only exists within the actual Super Adventure Box. So to see the things you see inside the box, you'd have to actually be inside the box, because outside it's just reality, not virtual reality. Meaning that SAB minis, gliders and weapons skins would only be visible to us outside SAB if we wore a virtual reality headset. Considering that we don't, apparently that virtual reality suddenly becomes actual reality when we take it out of SAB in the form of said minis/gliders/weapons. So for all those people complaining about immersion arguments being pointless, it actually makes perfect sense. SAB skins outside of SAB is completely immersion breaking because it either suggests the entire world of Tyria is a virtual reality or SAB is not special at all because you can see the things you see in there anywhere, without any virtual reality gizmos.

Praise be to ANet for not releasing SAB mount skins. The Istani set is infinitely better, in my personal opinion. And one of the hopes I have for this game is that they never will release a SAB set either.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Pretty sure it is because they decided between SAB and Istani skins and Istani would cater to a broader audience.

or they realised that trying to copy skins/animations of something which is designed/animated to be fake and mechanical and put it on something designed/animated to look like a real creature with a presence in the world would be as dumb as showing [redacted] to children

I'm so happy other people wont be able to buy sab mount skins, ah feels really good seeing other players disappointed by not getting the skins they want.

Truly is a good day and I hope only the skins I like come into the game, thank you anet and guild wars 2 community is the best community yay.

*Sarcasm off*

Well I don't care about new mount skins or whatever but this reaction of people being happy because of other people sadness reflects the gw2 community.