Prediction for Meta of Next Season

Reapers are a thing right now mostly because of its Shroud #5. There are ways to cut it's animation time so it hits quickly and its radius of effect is currently ultra buggy. Example: Yesterday I was in a match against Trig and we were 1v1ing at mid in Forest. **At one point I had jumped up over the wall and went behind mid where I was standing on the grass, near the steps that lead up the ledge behind the mid node.** Trig was still on mid finishing the node cap and was able to hit me with Shroud #5 through the solid wall at what must have been 500 range, dealing an enormous amount of surprise damage and almost downing my Berserker Soulbeast immediately.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > Gonna shift to a 100% high mobility/high dps meta, even in solo que:

> > > > > * Some good Reaper players will be relevant

> > > >

> > > > Is that a joke or are you serious?

> > > I'm seeing more power reapers than scourges in top100. They hit very hard. High skill cap obv

> >

> > No you're seeing low plat and gold 3 reapers getting thrown into upper plat for matchmaking.

> >

> >

> > As far as I know there are only 10 necros above the 1600 mark right now and over half of them are scourges.

> >

> I very much doubt that. I'm regularly checking the ratings of the people I'm playing (the very good ones and the very bad ones)

>

> I'm mostly queueing peak times too so I'm not really getting low rated people, in general. IIRC there was also a power reaper in top25 or top50 last season too.

There is 18 elites in the game, so having 1 reaper in top 50 means that the class is massively underperforming by a large margin.

Necro has always been the most popular class in the game, and Reaper has always been the most popular of it's two elites. Yet the class has less representation in the top 250 than rev does, and rev is the least popular class in the game.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Reapers are a thing right now mostly because of its Shroud #5. There are ways to cut it's animation time so it hits quickly and its radius of effect is currently ultra buggy. Example: Yesterday I was in a match against Trig and we were 1v1ing at mid in Forest. **At one point I had jumped up over the wall and went behind mid where I was standing on the grass, near the steps that lead up the ledge behind the mid node.** Trig was still on mid finishing the node cap and was able to hit me with Shroud #5 through the solid wall at what must have been 500 range, dealing an enormous amount of surprise damage and almost downing my Berserker Soulbeast immediately.

Reaper should skills, like literally every other cleave skill in the game, can hit through walls.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > > Gonna shift to a 100% high mobility/high dps meta, even in solo que:

> > > > > > * Some good Reaper players will be relevant

> > > > >

> > > > > Is that a joke or are you serious?

> > > > I'm seeing more power reapers than scourges in top100. They hit very hard. High skill cap obv

> > >

> > > No you're seeing low plat and gold 3 reapers getting thrown into upper plat for matchmaking.

> > >

> > >

> > > As far as I know there are only 10 necros above the 1600 mark right now and over half of them are scourges.

> > >

> > I very much doubt that. I'm regularly checking the ratings of the people I'm playing (the very good ones and the very bad ones)

> >

> > I'm mostly queueing peak times too so I'm not really getting low rated people, in general. IIRC there was also a power reaper in top25 or top50 last season too.

> There is 18 elites in the game, so having 1 reaper in top 50 means that the class is massively underperforming by a large margin.

>

> Necro has always been the most popular class in the game, and Reaper has always been the most popular of it's two elites. Yet the class has less representation in the top 250 than rev does, and rev is the least popular class in the game.

>

There has been one in EU in top10 last season. There were several others in top 100. There were like 2 or 3 main eles in top 100 and 5ish in top250.

Yeah, well... let's see who is underperforming...

€: Sorry, yes, I am a bit biased.

> @"Megametzler.5729" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > > > @"rank eleven monk.9502" said:

> > > > > > @"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:

> > > > > > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > > > > > Gonna shift to a 100% high mobility/high dps meta, even in solo que:

> > > > > > > * Some good Reaper players will be relevant

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is that a joke or are you serious?

> > > > > I'm seeing more power reapers than scourges in top100. They hit very hard. High skill cap obv

> > > >

> > > > No you're seeing low plat and gold 3 reapers getting thrown into upper plat for matchmaking.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > As far as I know there are only 10 necros above the 1600 mark right now and over half of them are scourges.

> > > >

> > > I very much doubt that. I'm regularly checking the ratings of the people I'm playing (the very good ones and the very bad ones)

> > >

> > > I'm mostly queueing peak times too so I'm not really getting low rated people, in general. IIRC there was also a power reaper in top25 or top50 last season too.

> > There is 18 elites in the game, so having 1 reaper in top 50 means that the class is massively underperforming by a large margin.

> >

> > Necro has always been the most popular class in the game, and Reaper has always been the most popular of it's two elites. Yet the class has less representation in the top 250 than rev does, and rev is the least popular class in the game.

> >

>

> There has been one in EU in top10 last season. There were several others in top 100. There were like 2 or 3 main eles in top 100 and 5ish in top250.

>

> Yeah, well... let's see who is underperforming...

>

> €: Sorry, yes, I am a bit biased.

I'm not saying that reaper is the worst class in the entire game, I'm simply stating that just because people actually see reapers doesn't automatically make the class meta. Reaper is just getting picked more because scourge has been nerfed to the point that it's literally non-functional if you can't duo with a firebrand. Most dedicated necro mains have switched back to reaper simply because it's the only real option at this point.

Realistically though, the top 100 is mostly mesmers, thieves, and firebrands, with a miscellaneous collection of rangers. Been like this since PoF, and really HoT wasn't much different except during HoT it was mesmers, thieves, and druids, with the odd power Herald.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Reapers are a thing right now mostly because of its Shroud #5. There are ways to cut it's animation time so it hits quickly and its radius of effect is currently ultra buggy. Example: Yesterday I was in a match against Trig and we were 1v1ing at mid in Forest. **At one point I had jumped up over the wall and went behind mid where I was standing on the grass, near the steps that lead up the ledge behind the mid node.** Trig was still on mid finishing the node cap and was able to hit me with Shroud #5 through the solid wall at what must have been 500 range, dealing an enormous amount of surprise damage and almost downing my Berserker Soulbeast immediately.

>

> Reaper should skills, like literally every other cleave skill in the game, can hit through walls.

>

>

Nah, not like that. He hit me at around 500 range and when I was at a significantly higher elevation than he was. 2 or 3 years ago, Reaper Shroud 5 was never capable of that kind of range. Also, the RS 5 lays a small circle effect, which is where the strike is actually coming from. So this means it is not actually a melee strike at all that is procing the damage, it's a ground effect. No other ground effect skill in the game can clear 500 range worth of solid objects that are completely blocking LOS. If that is intended programming, I have mixed feelings on it. In a way Reaper needs it, but in another way, I don't want to see a trend of new updates involving mighty blast skill ground targets that are able to ignore solid objects.

It's really just another issue falling into the category of power creep.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > Reapers are a thing right now mostly because of its Shroud #5. There are ways to cut it's animation time so it hits quickly and its radius of effect is currently ultra buggy. Example: Yesterday I was in a match against Trig and we were 1v1ing at mid in Forest. **At one point I had jumped up over the wall and went behind mid where I was standing on the grass, near the steps that lead up the ledge behind the mid node.** Trig was still on mid finishing the node cap and was able to hit me with Shroud #5 through the solid wall at what must have been 500 range, dealing an enormous amount of surprise damage and almost downing my Berserker Soulbeast immediately.

> >

> > Reaper should skills, like literally every other cleave skill in the game, can hit through walls.

> >

> >

>

> Nah, not like that. He hit me at around 500 range and when I was at a significantly higher elevation than he was. 2 or 3 years ago, Reaper Shroud 5 was never capable of that kind of range. Also, the RS 5 lays a small circle effect, which is where the strike is actually coming from. So this means it is not actually a melee strike at all that is procing the damage, it's a ground effect. No other ground effect skill in the game can clear 500 range worth of solid objects that are completely blocking LOS. If that is intended programming, I have mixed feelings on it. In a way Reaper needs it, but in another way, I don't want to see a trend of new updates involving mighty blast skill ground targets that are able to ignore solid objects.

>

> It's really just another issue falling into the category of power creep.

RS5 has literally never had it's range or functionality changed since it was introduced in 2015.

Also you do not understand how fields or cleave works. RS5 is a 2-part effect. It's first part is a melee cleave with a hit limit of 1 that applies stun and deals damage. (it only strikes a single target but otherwise behaves like a cleave) It's second part is a chill applying field. The field like all fields in this game is simply a spherical hitbox that strikes everything within that sphere. Fields do not perform LoS checks they simply strike everything within the radius.

You where not hit at 500 range, you are either exaggerating or lagging like crazy. I have over 2k matches on just reaper, trust me there is no way you can magically increase the range of the skill.