Damage Nerf By the Numbers

Jinks.2057

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jinks.2057" said:

> > @"BeepBoopBop.5403" said:

> > Felt like something was way off with the lack of damage recently, good find Jinks

>

> The only thing they've addressed is the dagger damage and completely ignored the sword findings.

>

> Typical Anet

Yeah my Larcenous Strike which used to hit like 5k on Trailblazer scourges to 8k on glass thieves now hits 3k to 5k...

Not scientific at all but that's just my experience

I was going to make a separate post, but I'll just put it here...

I'm not sure who got it worse with the AA nerf. I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

Dagger/Sword Thieves who did not and are not running Trickery got a **25%** damage reduction.

Dagger/Sword Thieves who did and are running Trickery got a **28.75%** damage reduction due to Lead Attacks.

Dagger/Sword Thieves without Trickery now are hitting for **40%** less than those with Trickery pre-patch due to Lead Attacks (assuming no other damage increase from another traitline).

So not only does Trickery give more initiative which is more important now due to AA nerfs, but it also gives 15% more damage when all initiative has been used... when AA is all a Thief has left. This makes Trickery even more obligatory than it was before.

> @"Kageseigi.2150" said:

> I was going to make a separate post, but I'll just put it here...

> I'm not sure who got it worse with the AA nerf. I suppose it's a matter of perspective.

>

> Dagger/Sword Thieves who did not and are not running Trickery got a **25%** damage reduction.

> Dagger/Sword Thieves who did and are running Trickery got a **28.75%** damage reduction due to Lead Attacks.

> Dagger/Sword Thieves without Trickery now are hitting for **40%** less than those with Trickery pre-patch due to Lead Attacks (assuming no other damage increase from another traitline).

>

> So not only does Trickery give more initiative which is more important now due to AA nerfs, but it also gives 15% more damage when all initiative has been used... when AA is all a Thief has left. This makes Trickery even more obligatory than it was before.

I honestly think this means that these changes are not actually tested thoroughly or really that well thought out.

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

S/X AA chain is definitely seriously messed up. Dagger is survivable albeit a little... bad (15% across all skills would have been way, way better). S/X's numbers are definitely goofed somewhere, though.

It was absolutely excessive before where I was hitting 6-10k per AA (on a glass build in WvW, mind you), but that being reduced to 2-4k per hit makes it pretty much non-functional with the amount of sustain in the game. Even LS is pretty much doing nothing where it wasn't uncommon to see 15k+. I'd be content to hover in the 8k area, but I'm consistently seeing < 6k values. And that's coming from someone approaching the 4k power/220+ crit damage mark and full offense traits and utils. That's like a 10k AA on other professions stat-wise who have lower coefficients. Something just isn't right.

Mind you, this would be totally okay if we were on pre-HoT level defenses and damage from everyone else. Problem is a 2k crit AA being a primary DPS tool with no real sustain cannot even come close to competing with 40k+ MW combos and FB's healing for an average of 2k/second and Holos AA chain hitting harder than our most potent abilities.