Feedback on the State of the Mesmer [merged]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DaShi.1368" said:

> That's because many of the posts are from the same people. And about half of them are just "look at how many complaints mesmers have."

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> I think Mesmers being severely overtuned right now is outshining the previously most-complained about overtuned Turret-Engineer from a few years back. That thread didn't have nearly as much attention as this one.

The PvP scene is way bigger than it ever was for Core GW2 when Turret-Engineer was the ultimate cheese. Very, very very few people PvP'd compared to now a days.

Bunker guard? This is sPvP? Cause on sPvP you cant make a bunker guard anymore lol, without healing power, toughness and vitality you aint bunkering shit lol the stats were never broken to be removed by Anet, what was broken was the skills and traits of some professions that when added high defencive stats you would get a cancer bunker...Anet is just a bunch clueless bastards lol they dont know how to balance the game, the only thing they do is to reduce cooldowns or buff or nerf damage by small %, when in reality what makes these professions broken is the core concept of their utility skills and traits...but whatever, soon we might get another "balance" patch, thief deadeye gonna get a rework too(based on how that worked for mesmer can allready tell its gonna be a lot of fun lol) and for guardian FB...well expect another nerf to some random healing from F2 tome, maybe removal of Aegis from F3 2# skill for whatever reason another nerf to mantras while not fixing the bug that makes Mantras losing all the charges...and maybe a buff to Spirit weapons lol

> @"Ragnarox.9601" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/j6Zon8Z.png "")

>

> Bunker guard. They are fine. GG Anet. Dont want to mention other underpowered skills.

we clearly dont have enough mesmer threads , complaint about phantasm that need rework its been done many times before you ,have anything else to add? (In defense of this broken thing I can tell radius of explosion hilariously low and to get that damage someone had to furiously attack it)

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

>

> I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

Git Gud!

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

>

> P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> Git Gud!

I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> >

> > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

>

> So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

>

> It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > >

> > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> >

> > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> >

> > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

>

> surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined spaces where you can't move away. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> >

> > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > Git Gud!

>

> I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

>

> Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

Beyond the fact they have a glowing purple vortex, are bright pink, aren't moving, and are doing a blocking animation?

So it accounts for all the attacks blocked in a time period it is active?

* Like if it goes up in a battle for a node where alot of attacks happen including all the other phantasms and clones, topped with the necromancer strobe lights and yellow skullfaced floaties, AND whatever other flash ans splash particle effects that could distract you. Not to mention you might be melting from conditions from any of the aforementioned atrocities .

What if a player was trying to escape, and in this situation every turn meant death?

Does the player have time to analyze every splashy flashy skill?

Learn to play? WAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Learn to play.....can't breathe LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > >

> > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > >

> > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > >

> > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> >

> > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

>

> WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

To get exploded you literally need to AFK in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm ,never got hit by that ever :D

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

>

> P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> Git Gud!

I am good, I am best, but saddly your class become spamfest of skills and clones. You can defend it but its clearly broken untill it gets balanced like scourge did.

I had few matches without mesmers and necros, and It was joy to play.

Worst season so far.

Cant blame you defend something clearly broken cause It must be fun to kill any class without breaking any sweat.

> @"Ragnarox.9601" said:

> > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> >

> > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > Git Gud!

>

>**I am good, I am best,** but saddly your class become spamfest of skills and clones. You can defend it **but its clearly broken untill it gets balanced like scourge did.**

Pffffffffffff XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Even if defender would pulse like scourge aoes , people would still die and come to forum to complaint about it ...

You better to make another thread with a poll if they rework that phantasm into defending one or not ,would make more sense than this one

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > >

> > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > >

> > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > >

> > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> >

> > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> To get exploded you literally need to AFK in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm ,never got hit by that ever :D

You just said two contradictory things:

1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

2. You need to attack the phantasm.

Which is it?

And yeah, I've been killed by phantasmal defender a few times. I watch very closely for it now when I fight a mesmer, but honestly, with all the visual clutter that chronos can put out now, it's absurd to ask anybody to spot it amidst all the spam. And sometimes I can't avoid doing the damage the either, because holosmith is based on AoE.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> > >

> > > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > > Git Gud!

> >

> > I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

> >

> > Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

>

> Beyond the fact they have a glowing purple vortex, are bright pink, aren't moving, and are doing a blocking animation?

Next to all the glowing purple, bright pink phantasms frantically flashing around my screen? Yeah, it's kind of hard to spot.

I swear, people defend these phantasms as though they're ranger pets. I can reasonably be expected to keep an eye on what a ranger's pet is doing. It's absurd to expect me to keep an eye on 4 or 5 visually similar "pets."

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

>

> You just said two contradictory things:

>

> 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

>

> Which is it?

>

Yikes, he didn't say any of that. Maybe the problem isn't the mesmer.

> @"DaShi.1368" said:

>

> >

> > You just said two contradictory things:

> >

> > 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> > 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

> >

> > Which is it?

> >

>

> Yikes, he didn't say any of that. Maybe the problem isn't the mesmer.

>

>

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > >

> > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > >

> > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > >

> > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > >

> > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> >

> > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> **To get exploded you literally need to AFK** in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , **someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm** ,never got hit by that ever :D

Pretty contradictory, unless he's somehow assuming you're AFK in a teamfight?

Also, talk about a red herring. What one says in a post has nothing to do with how poorly conceived chrono's current incarnation is.