• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"allias.1420" said:

> > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

>

> Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

> @"allias.1420" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

> >

> > Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

>

> yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

It's the one standing next to you when you get taunted?

> > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

> > >

> > > Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

> >

> > yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

>

> It's the one standing next to you when you get taunted?

>

> I dunno, I'm not looking for the defender, I only know it's around when I get taunted, sorta feel them there instead.

yes but what if you're not the one who's taunted, plus imagine mid at khylo full of scourge aoes, mesmer clones and condi thief spam. not so easy to observe 1 illusion out of the lot

> @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

> > > >

> > > > Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

> > >

> > > yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

> >

> > It's the one standing next to you when you get taunted?

> >

> > I dunno, I'm not looking for the defender, I only know it's around when I get taunted, sorta feel them there instead.

>

> yes but what if you're not the one who's taunted, plus imagine mid at khylo full of scourge aoes, mesmer clones and condi thief spam. not so easy to observe 1 illusion out of the lot

not saying its impossible though, its definitely doable. I usually just kite around when there's a lot of aoe but I think the biggest issue is the damage you take from it. Slash the dmg dealt by it by like 40-50% and that's a step in the right direction

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> >

> > >

> > > You just said two contradictory things:

> > >

> > > 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> > > 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

> > >

> > > Which is it?

> > >

> >

> > Yikes, he didn't say any of that. Maybe the problem isn't the mesmer.

> >

> >

>

> .

>

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > > >

> > > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > > >

> > > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> > >

> > > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> > **To get exploded you literally need to AFK** in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , **someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm** ,never got hit by that ever :D

>

> Pretty contradictory, unless he's somehow assuming you're AFK in a teamfight?

>

> Also, talk about a red herring. What one says in a post has nothing to do with how poorly conceived chrono's current incarnation is.

That's not what he said. You are the one who's reaching.

> @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

> > > >

> > > > Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

> > >

> > > yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

> >

> > It's the one standing next to you when you get taunted?

> >

> > I dunno, I'm not looking for the defender, I only know it's around when I get taunted, sorta feel them there instead.

>

> yes but what if you're not the one who's taunted, plus imagine mid at khylo full of scourge aoes, mesmer clones and condi thief spam. not so easy to observe 1 illusion out of the lot

If I'm not the one getting taunted then I'm not in range to get hit?

I must be missing something here...

> > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"allias.1420" said:

> > > > > > cmon bro u could have just stepped aside... DUH

> > > > >

> > > > > Not sure if sarcasm or not because you CAN literally step to the side to avoid the damage..

> > > >

> > > > yes sarcasm, the thing is when you're in a team fight with more than 2 mesmers it can be hard to discern where that one illusionary defender is

> > >

> > > It's the one standing next to you when you get taunted?

> > >

> > > I dunno, I'm not looking for the defender, I only know it's around when I get taunted, sorta feel them there instead.

> >

> > yes but what if you're not the one who's taunted, plus imagine mid at khylo full of scourge aoes, mesmer clones and condi thief spam. not so easy to observe 1 illusion out of the lot

>

> If I'm not the one getting taunted then I'm not in range to get hit?

>

> I must be missing something here...

you can always walk into it like op probs did

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Which is it?

> > >

> >

> > Yikes, he didn't say any of that. Maybe the problem isn't the mesmer.

> >

> >

>

> .

>

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > > >

> > > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> > >

> > > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> > **To get exploded you literally need to AFK** in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , **someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm** ,never got hit by that ever :D

>

> Pretty contradictory, unless he's somehow assuming you're AFK in a teamfight?

>

> Also, talk about a red herring. What one says in a post has nothing to do with how poorly conceived chrono's current incarnation is.

What 'contradictory' ?

I'm kind of afking on 1x1 arena chatting with ppl and i'm lucky to see 2 mesmers dueling and 1 of them using defender, taunt another mesmer, after attacking it (w/o walking away ,literally just standing next to it) take damage for 50% of his hp bar. That bad people come to forum to complaint about it... While saying bs like 'im good,im best' ...thats just ridiculous as if you pretend thats impossible to notice defender by unknown me reasons ... I dont know how u can use 'teamfight' as excuse with its range of explosion (before you tell me i'm defending it , im not , just saying , if you die to it , thats clearly your fault)

I don't understand, Mesmer players earnestly believe that every player can immediately identify all 10+ clones/phantasms immediately upon spawn and instantly change their playstyle to counter them (kill some in the horde while ignoring others), even in teamfights where there are massive AoE fields being thrown around, all while staying remotely involved in a fight on a point.

Is it ONLY Mesmer players that are good enough to micromanage potentially 15-20+ character models, AoE fields, cast animations, weapon sets, etc., in team fights?

I guess everyone just needs to get gud.

> @"bLind.6278" said:

> I don't understand, Mesmer players earnestly believe that every player can immediately identify all 10+ clones/phantasms immediately upon spawn and instantly change their playstyle to counter them (kill some in the horde while ignoring others), even in teamfights where there are massive AoE fields being thrown around, all while staying remotely involved in a fight on a point.

>

> Is it ONLY Mesmer players that are good enough to micromanage potentially 15-20+ character models, AoE fields, cast animations, weapon sets, etc., in team fights?

>

> I guess everyone just needs to get gud.

Some of my mesmer 1v1s are quite literally lost before they begin because i fail to target the real mes 3-4 times and im dead lul.

Seriously, in my opinion problem with mesmers is that their abilities are so fucking hard to see. Too much screen clutter half the spells barely have an animation to begin with, their evade is shitting out a little bit of purple and thats it? Nothing pisses me off more in this game than asura mesmers. A fuck ton of tiny models is pretty difficult to follow.

That being said block is fairly obvious. But i think its rather silly that in a 2v1 situation vs a bunker mes if your ally is being an idiot and spam attacking it, you have to start running from a block, and possibly waste a reengage tool, cause youll get nearly 1shot. And lets not even imagine what the damage looks like in a fight on mid or in a choke where the block will probably eat hits that are not even ment for it.

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"DaShi.1368" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > >

> > > >

> > > > You just said two contradictory things:

> > > >

> > > > 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> > > > 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

> > > >

> > > > Which is it?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Yikes, he didn't say any of that. Maybe the problem isn't the mesmer.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > .

> >

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > > > >

> > > > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> > > >

> > > > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> > > **To get exploded you literally need to AFK** in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , **someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm** ,never got hit by that ever :D

> >

> > Pretty contradictory, unless he's somehow assuming you're AFK in a teamfight?

> >

> > Also, talk about a red herring. What one says in a post has nothing to do with how poorly conceived chrono's current incarnation is.

>

> What 'contradictory' ?

> I'm kind of afking on 1x1 arena chatting with ppl and i'm lucky to see 2 mesmers dueling and 1 of them using defender, taunt another mesmer, after attacking it (w/o walking away ,literally just standing next to it) take damage for 50% of his hp bar. That bad people come to forum to complaint about it... While saying bs like 'im good,im best' ...thats just ridiculous as if you pretend thats impossible to notice defender by unknown me reasons ... I dont know how u can use 'teamfight' as excuse with its range of explosion (before you tell me i'm defending it , im not , just saying , if you die to it , thats clearly your fault)

Any one skill doing over 50% of somebody's health shouldn't be happening in general, especially if it doesn't have a particularly obvious tell (I'm talking Decapitate obvious tell). And a "defensive" skill (PD) doing over 50% health is absurd, no less.

Contradictory because you implied AFK and attacking at the same time BTW. Can't do both at the same time.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > To get exploded you literally need to AFK in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm ,never got hit by that ever :D

>

> You just said two contradictory things:

>

> 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

>

> Which is it?

>

> And yeah, I've been killed by phantasmal defender a few times. I watch very closely for it now when I fight a mesmer, but honestly, with all the visual clutter that chronos can put out now, it's absurd to ask anybody to spot it amidst all the spam. And sometimes I can't avoid doing the damage the either, because holosmith is based on AoE.

>

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> > > >

> > > > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > > > Git Gud!

> > >

> > > I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

> > >

> > > Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

> >

> > Beyond the fact they have a glowing purple vortex, are bright pink, aren't moving, and are doing a blocking animation?

>

> Next to all the glowing purple, bright pink phantasms frantically flashing around my screen? Yeah, it's kind of hard to spot.

>

> I swear, people defend these phantasms as though they're ranger pets. I can reasonably be expected to keep an eye on what a ranger's pet is doing. It's absurd to expect me to keep an eye on 4 or 5 visually similar "pets."

You could also watch the Mesmer for the over the top casting animation too. Note it's a skill you get multiple chances to dodge. This isn't to say Defender isn't overtuned though either the base damage or the damage potential needs to be lowered. You make it seem like Phantasms are just constantly blinding they don't flash and aren't glowing purple, it's just the volume of them. Plus you don't ever have to recognize more than 4 different phantasms and that's if you fail to interrupt/dodge literally any phantasm skills which it seems you do.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > > > >

> > > > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> > > >

> > > > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> > > To get exploded you literally need to AFK in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm ,never got hit by that ever :D

> >

> > You just said two contradictory things:

> >

> > 1. You need to AFK next to the phantasm.

> > 2. You need to attack the phantasm.

> >

> > Which is it?

> >

> > And yeah, I've been killed by phantasmal defender a few times. I watch very closely for it now when I fight a mesmer, but honestly, with all the visual clutter that chronos can put out now, it's absurd to ask anybody to spot it amidst all the spam. And sometimes I can't avoid doing the damage the either, because holosmith is based on AoE.

> >

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> > > > >

> > > > > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > > > > Git Gud!

> > > >

> > > > I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

> > > >

> > > > Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

> > >

> > > Beyond the fact they have a glowing purple vortex, are bright pink, aren't moving, and are doing a blocking animation?

> >

> > Next to all the glowing purple, bright pink phantasms frantically flashing around my screen? Yeah, it's kind of hard to spot.

> >

> > I swear, people defend these phantasms as though they're ranger pets. I can reasonably be expected to keep an eye on what a ranger's pet is doing. It's absurd to expect me to keep an eye on 4 or 5 visually similar "pets."

>

> You could also watch the Mesmer for the over the top casting animation too. Note it's a skill you get multiple chances to dodge. This isn't to say Defender isn't overtuned though either the base damage or the damage potential needs to be lowered. You make it seem like Phantasms are just constantly blinding they don't flash and aren't glowing purple, it's just the volume of them. Plus you don't ever have to recognize more than 4 different phantasms and that's if you fail to interrupt/dodge literally any phantasm skills which it seems you do.

This is all assuming you haven't lost track of the mesmer at that moment and you're still in control. More often than not, mesmers like to blink behind me, stealth, or power lock me when they do this. They don't flash? Have you seen the visual effects of any of the shatters? This is part of what visual clutter means -- there's so much stuff going on and it all looks identical, that identifying any individual skill is nearly impossible without an intimate understanding of the class itself.

Take for example... warrior or holosmith. Their moves have fairly large tells that are somewhat unique and identifying exactly what they are doing. Mesmer? Not really the case. They use the same generic casting animations as any other caster class, and with the exception of certain skills (IE shield), it's hard to tell what they're doing.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> I swear, people defend these phantasms as though they're ranger pets. I can reasonably be expected to keep an eye on what a ranger's pet is doing. It's absurd to expect me to keep an eye on 4 or 5 visually similar "pets."

I _wish_ people defended ranger pets this hard.

Also most players can't be bothered to pay attention to pets, either. People ignoring pets and then getting angry when one hurts them has been the cause of dozens of pet nerfs over the years (most recently when they just straight-up butchered the gazelle's charge attack).

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > > > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:

> > > > > > > > how does this thing hit so hard? i never seen anything like this in wvw and i can;t get anything higher then 5k in pve.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I understand dmg accumulates the more it blocks

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So the phantasm basically does AoE damage back out for every hit it's received. If you have somebody AoE bombing near the phantasm (Scourge, ele, holo), this means it'll dish out some massive damage in return. It also taunts enemies on spawn, giving it some damage to deal in the first place.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's because of the phantasm rework. They basically upped everything's power by 1000% without consideration for each phantasm's impact. If you divide the defender's damage by 10, not so unreasonable huh?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > surely in wvw this should hit a lot more due to food and other buff's. guess i have just been lucky and missed every ID bomb lol

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW you aren't fighting for capture nodes nearly as frequently. The problem is much more obvious in tiny, confined **spaces where you can't move away**. The range on the PD isn't that big, but it's enough for a capture node.

> > > > To get exploded you literally need to AFK in phantasm till it explode or you implying you cant make few steps away at all ? And as I said before , someone had to stack that damage by attacking phantasm ,never got hit by that ever :D

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Which is it?

> > >

> > > And yeah, I've been killed by phantasmal defender a few times. I watch very closely for it now when I fight a mesmer, but honestly, with all the visual clutter that chronos can put out now, it's absurd to ask anybody to spot it amidst all the spam. And sometimes I can't avoid doing the damage the either, because holosmith is based on AoE.

> > >

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > > > If you get hit by defender, I’m sorry but it’s an l2p issue. What the combat log fails to showcase is that the defender is immobile and has a rather small radius, so simply moving away from it would’ve saved you from taking any damage. You only have yourself to blame.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > P.S. I almost forgot everyone’s favorite line.

> > > > > > Git Gud!

> > > > >

> > > > > I think that would be applicable if defenders stood out from the other illusion spam. They really don't. They look just like any other illusion, which is part of the problem. They need a better tell.

> > > > >

> > > > > Taunt isn't enough -- if you have stability, you won't notice the taunt.

> > > >

> > > > Beyond the fact they have a glowing purple vortex, are bright pink, aren't moving, and are doing a blocking animation?

> > >

> > > Next to all the glowing purple, bright pink phantasms frantically flashing around my screen? Yeah, it's kind of hard to spot.

> > >

> > > I swear, people defend these phantasms as though they're ranger pets. I can reasonably be expected to keep an eye on what a ranger's pet is doing. It's absurd to expect me to keep an eye on 4 or 5 visually similar "pets."

> >

> > You could also watch the Mesmer for the over the top casting animation too. Note it's a skill you get multiple chances to dodge. This isn't to say Defender isn't overtuned though either the base damage or the damage potential needs to be lowered. You make it seem like Phantasms are just constantly blinding they don't flash and aren't glowing purple, it's just the volume of them. Plus you don't ever have to recognize more than 4 different phantasms and that's if you fail to interrupt/dodge literally any phantasm skills which it seems you do.

>

> This is all assuming you haven't lost track of the mesmer at that moment and you're still in control. More often than not, mesmers like to blink behind me, stealth, or power lock me when they do this. They don't flash? Have you seen the visual effects of any of the shatters? This is part of what visual clutter means -- there's so much stuff going on and it all looks identical, that identifying any individual skill is nearly impossible without an intimate understanding of the class itself.

>

> Take for example... warrior or holosmith. Their moves have fairly large tells that are somewhat unique and identifying exactly what they are doing. Mesmer? Not really the case. They use the same generic casting animations as any other caster class, and with the exception of certain skills (IE shield), it's hard to tell what they're doing.

If they do that each time, maybe you need to make use of about face, waiting two seconds, or stun breaks. No phantasms don't flash. I think you forgot but Shatters don't affect phantasms only clones, and only once they've reached their target. And no, the only phantasm animation which is not uniquely animated is Phantasmal Warlock and Phantasmal Mage, the second one being more odd since it uses a staff casting animation despite being a x/Torch. Otherwise all of the others have a different generally longer casting animation than any other skill on the weapon. It all doesn't look identical you're reaching because you desperately want to believe the deck is stacked against you.

I'm not saying Mesmer has no problems. I'm saying you're focused on things that you perceive to be problems that are not. Defender has had the same obnoxious 1 second cast time and big animation since release. The real problem as anyone and you yourself acknowledged is the sheer volume of phantasms, something most people do not like. Were that reigned in and Defender given a smaller damage cap the amount of complaints would doubtlessly dwindle or disappear outright.

> @"Vagrant.7206"

I feel embarrassed that i have to write same sht over and over because you refuse to read or understand idk (i doubt thats problem with my english if DaShi understood me ,i hope xD)

To get explosion by this phantasm you should stand next to it w/o moving like you are EI EF KAY (to begin with) and then i written to get that high number some1 had to attack it ?

And if you arent moving and attacking phantasm you clearly deserved to die (obvious tell ...You mean purple thing with DEFENDER name on it that arent moving and on your screen you get 'BLOCKED BLOCKED BLOCKED' when you smash it, not really obvious ?)

50% hp of berserk amulet but I dont think thats important . If you are blind i can repeat that once more time : this phantasm need rework to be defensive phantasm.

By the way its not 'defensive' skill since rework (sad that you didnt noticed... ) with a 50seconds cooldown hence why I say its must be reworked.

after the blocking animation ends and it explodes, it also has the same animation as a normal shatter right? from what i have seen in pve and the odd times i tried it in wvw is that it will charge at the target with shield stance up also while tuanting (big give away), then shatters it self after 2 seconds ? that is still a lot of tells even with a lot of aoes flying about though avoiding it for what ever reason is a different matter (cc/kd/imbo)

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206"

> I feel embarrassed that i have to write same kitten over and over because you refuse to read or understand idk (i doubt thats problem with my english if DaShi understood me ,i hope xD)

> To get explosion by this phantasm you should stand next to it w/o moving like you are EI EF KAY (to begin with) and then i written to get that high number some1 had to attack it ?

I feel embarrassed that I have to write this over and over because you refuse to read or understand it.

In the middle of a fight with 4 or 5 illusions flying around, visually determining which one is the defender is not as simple as you seem to think it is, especially if you had stability when the defender was activated. The taunt is usually a giant red flag, but if you have stability you'll never notice it. And this is all assuming you're not in a teamfight either. In a teamfight, it's even harder to figure out that there is a defender in the first place.

Not to mention, the damage potential on this "defender" is patently absurd. Its utterly indefensible. See what I did there?

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> And if you arent moving and attacking phantasm you clearly deserved to die (obvious tell ...You mean purple thing with DEFENDER name on it that arent moving and on your screen you get 'BLOCKED BLOCKED BLOCKED' when you smash it, not really obvious ?)

Oh, I'm sorry. Let me take the time in the middle of a fight with four or five illusions to read each individual one by name, and then go out of my away to avoid the Defender.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206"

> > I feel embarrassed that i have to write same kitten over and over because you refuse to read or understand idk (i doubt thats problem with my english if DaShi understood me ,i hope xD)

> > To get explosion by this phantasm you should stand next to it w/o moving like you are EI EF KAY (to begin with) and then i written to get that high number some1 had to attack it ?

>

> I feel embarrassed that I have to write this over and over because you refuse to read or understand it.

>

> In the middle of a fight with 4 or 5 illusions flying around, visually determining which one is the defender is not as simple as you seem to think it is, especially if you had stability when the defender was activated. The taunt is usually a giant red flag, but if you have stability you'll never notice it. And this is all assuming you're not in a teamfight either. In a teamfight, it's even harder to figure out that there is a defender in the first place.

>

> Not to mention, the damage potential on this "defender" is patently absurd. Its utterly indefensible. See what I did there?

>

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > And if you arent moving and attacking phantasm you clearly deserved to die (obvious tell ...You mean purple thing with DEFENDER name on it that arent moving and on your screen you get 'BLOCKED BLOCKED BLOCKED' when you smash it, not really obvious ?)

>

> Oh, I'm sorry. Let me take the time in the middle of a fight with four or five illusions to read each individual one by name, and then go out of my away to avoid the Defender.

Your entire complaint looks like : there too many things on my screen and pretend everywhere you see mesmer is teamfight instasummoning 5 illusions ...

You trying to make it look defender is so unpreddictable if you playing agaisnt CHRONO. How u even complaint that you play holo and you have AOE damage that evaporate clones/phantasms ? Actually I know your problem : You refuse to play around it and kite phantasms and instead u rush in and die cuz you spamm your sth on all clones and accidently die to defender ? Is that you trying to tell me all this time ?

Is the PD easy to dodge in a 1v1? Absolutely. Is the PD easy to dodge in a 3v3? Kinda.

This however does **not** justify the fact that it does 14k damage with the potential of it being doubled with Chronophantasma. Stop trying to play this off as a player issue. The skill is clearly over-performing, wether he ate the Defender or not.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> You only have yourself to blame.

Or the amount of visual clusterf*ck that got added with every expansion. A scourge, holosmith and a firebrand on the same spot and good luck seeing anything aside from your own behind. Actually consider yourself lucky if you even see that. It's not a "learn to play" issue. It's "pray to see".