WvW Restructure And What It Means For Guilds

CoLd.4719

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

>That's how it's gonna go, it's just the logical conclusion (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it)

Football would be super popular if one team in the league got 2 extra periods to play after everyone else went home

GEE I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN THIS YEAR

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Strong guilds will make strong alliances, they'll end up as Tier 1 etc. That's how it's gonna go, it's just the logical conclusion (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it)

Which doesnt matter since the same alliances will be randomly moved to other worlds after 8 weeks and then you'll see a completely different tier layout.

> @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

> > You very well may be right, but with the new WvW guild system it seems logical we will have a higher density of dedicated WvW players as those who aren't get spread around. We already have servers covering their timezones, so why can't they keep doing that with the new system? If the dedicated WvW players form alliances then ofc the PvE'ers will condense into the free space there is, even though they don't necessarily play the mode. Which is why using todays servers (mix'n'match of both types) isn't representative for how the new worlds will be. I fully agree on that breaking players into units is a good thing, but I just don't see how having on the off chance 2500 DEDICATED (remember, guilds in here too) WvW players on the same team isn't going to be a problem.

> Well... how exactly is that a problem? How is it a bad thing? We've been down this road before. WvW once had probably 5x the population it has now.

>

> We had *alot* higher queues and more servers, to the point Anet was even forced to make EoTM in addition to all those servers. However did we survive? If people start liking WvW again because of this, great!

>

> You dont need to worry about numbers because the restructure allows Anet to adjust matchup sizes, unlike current fixed server they cant do anything about. 2500 players in 1 tier is too much? Make 1250 players in 2 tiers after 8 weeks. Under the new dynamic system its *that simple*.

>

> Also again you arent seeing the big picture. Todays servers are most definetly representative of the restructure worlds because *its the same players*. If we have 50,000 WvW players today, theres gonna be 50,000 WvW players after the restructure. Whether they are "dedicated" or not is irrelevant, the total pool of players in WvW is gonna be... restructured. Its not gonna suddenly be 25,000 players because Anet murdered half of them or 100,000 players because Anet magically created life. Thats not how reality works. The algorithm for assigning them is going to take care of matchup.

Yeah this will kinda be infinite EoTM's, so true it's alot more flexible. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you on most parts, but I'm skeptical since we don't have any metrics yet and while the matchmaking goes alliances>guilds>individuals there is alot of room for uneven matchups. But yeah the system is flexible so if something happens anet has the tools to fix it, and we really need a change to the serversystem as it is today so I am positive. Let's just hope they don't put in a unique legendary skin as a reward for world winners or something xD

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> Enough off-hour players to completely throw off a match will fit in one alliance.

> There will be one or two of these alliances.

> They'll avoid each other but guarantee nobody else has a chance to catch up during busier hours.

> Just like they do now.

This was my concern from the start. The seasons will just shift which 'world' wins the most weeks.

People are hoping for better rewards tied to winning... If there is a reason to win, there is a reason to stack.