[Poll] WE NEED A NEW WEAPON

Regon Phoenix.8215

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zalt.8937" said:

> > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > Just have to say that Two-handed Axe is not a real weapon, it's a fantasy trope. Halberds and Poleaxes are the real life 2-handed axes.

> >

> > On topic: the top 4 options I'd like to see, as well as spears as 1-handed main hand weapons on land. Not the rest of the water weapons because A. trident is just another polearm and B. speargun is basically the water version of crossbow/rifle. Although some of the UW spearguns would translate well into the new crossbow weapon-type.

> >

> > SO: Crossbows as a ranged 2-handed weapon. Polearms as a melee 2-handed weapon. Whips as a mid-range offhand weapon. Claws/Fist weapons as 1-handed weapons for either hand, although I think they should always be presented as a pair of weapons. And spears as mainhand 1-handed weapons for either melee or ranged, it translates well into both.

>

> Sparth and dane axe says hello.

Since when is a Dane axe double sided? Also I'd classify them as polearms due to the size.

Edit: Derp forget what I said, I read two handed as two sided but yes two handed battle axes are a thing.

> @"Eekasqueak.7850" said:

> > @"zalt.8937" said:

> > > @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > > Just have to say that Two-handed Axe is not a real weapon, it's a fantasy trope. Halberds and Poleaxes are the real life 2-handed axes.

> > >

> > > On topic: the top 4 options I'd like to see, as well as spears as 1-handed main hand weapons on land. Not the rest of the water weapons because A. trident is just another polearm and B. speargun is basically the water version of crossbow/rifle. Although some of the UW spearguns would translate well into the new crossbow weapon-type.

> > >

> > > SO: Crossbows as a ranged 2-handed weapon. Polearms as a melee 2-handed weapon. Whips as a mid-range offhand weapon. Claws/Fist weapons as 1-handed weapons for either hand, although I think they should always be presented as a pair of weapons. And spears as mainhand 1-handed weapons for either melee or ranged, it translates well into both.

> >

> > Sparth and dane axe says hello.

>

> Since when is a Dane axe double sided? Also I'd classify them as polearms due to the size.

>

> Edit: kitten forget what I said, I read two handed as two sided but yes two handed battle axes are a thing.

Yeah i thought you might have missread that one ;)

The term polearm or pole weapon is very hard to pin down regarding what is what, since it mainly just means a long wooden shaft with a piece of metal attached at the end. Even modeen expert can't really tell what is and what isn't and there is no actual historical manual that im aware of that lists them. There are numerous different sizes and shapes depending on what region the weapon is from. All from haleberds to swordlike blades to spiky clubs mounted on long wooden handles.

However, a bearded axe head sized for two-handed use would still be an axe imo, if only for the sake of simplicity. While a polearm might be just about anything :)

This is totally unrelated to a fantasy game, but good talk nonetheless!